IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Welcome to the club Posted by goren1818 (7 years ago)

Post #14 Game play video. Posted by solarvalue (7 years ago)

Post #800 What happens if you don't cut mylar off magnet core posts Posted by crwjumper (6 years ago)

Post #805 Cut mylar off magnet posts at drones and theatre Posted by cooked71 (6 years ago)

Post #1026 Ball adjustment for tilt Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1079 Adjustment for flipper that feels "clunky" Posted by spida1a (6 years ago)

Post #1128 Left inlane post does NOT need a rubber sleeve! Posted by Mageek (6 years ago)

Post #1151 Adjusting the kickback Posted by pinstadium (6 years ago)

Post #1246 Another ball trap location Posted by Vyzer2 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

451 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nokoro. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3959 5 years ago

I'm happy to say that I'll be joining this club this weekend! I ordered a DI LE and am really looking forward to getting it.

I'm told it has the latest cliffies, etc. The one thing I'm concerned about, reading this thread, is cutting the mylar off of the magnets. For the drone magnet, it sounds like I just take an xacto knife and trace it around the metal magnet on the top of the playfield, is that right? For the one under the theater, people seem to remove the magnet from the underside and cut it out from there. I do have a question about that. It would seem that you are then cutting the mylar with nothing solid behind it. I would think this wouldn't cut evenly. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing? Cutting mylar is all new to me so any advice would be much appreciated!

#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The one thing I'm concerned about, reading this thread, is cutting the mylar off of the magnets. For the drone magnet, it sounds like I just take an xacto knife and trace it around the metal magnet on the top of the playfield, is that right? For the one under the theater, people seem to remove the magnet from the underside and cut it out from there. I do have a question about that. It would seem that you are then cutting the mylar with nothing solid behind it. I would think this wouldn't cut evenly. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing? Cutting mylar is all new to me so any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi all. Can I ask this question again? I’m very nervous about cutting Mylar on my own and would really like some advice. Especially for the Mylar on the theater magnet. Thanks!

#3986 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I’m used to removing stuff and fixing things. What sounded scary to me is cutting the Mylar from the underside as you are cutting against air so I thought it would make an uneven cut. In other words, from the bottom of the playfield, you have a hole where the magnet was, and the hole is covered with Mylar, sticky side facing you. If you cut around that hole, there is no support on the other side, so it would seem to me to cut unevenly. Did you put a small piece of wood against the top of the playfield while you cut from under it? Or am I completely confused and getting this mixed up?

#3995 5 years ago

It came!

DialedInGame (resized).JPGDialedInGame (resized).JPG

Unfortunaely, right at power up, there were two malfunction alerts -- the moving statue and the moving target, two key features of the game. They wouldn't operate in test mode. Feeling deflated, I checked all connections under the playfield, and everythign looked good. I finally decided to check the backbox and sure enough, two connectors were unplugged. Now, all is well.

What a blast to play! It is a fairly hard game too. Watching videos of some the best players, like Bowen's tutorial, before purchasing, can mislead you into thinking it is easy to get through modes. It's not. But it is addictive.

And, this happened on my 10th game. I don't know if that's a good score or not, but it felt like a pretty good one.

DIHighScore (resized).JPGDIHighScore (resized).JPG

#4003 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Thats a really good score for your 10:th game!

Thanks. I haven’t come close since. I think I collected some SIM cards early on that game. Probably just beginners luck.

#4015 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Is Jack no longer signing the LE:s? Mine is from February and there is no signature.

Same with mine. I do have a signed certificate though.

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

What kind of success have people had with JJP support?
I notified them about my lockdown bar, which looks like it had been brushpainted asking for a replacement
and requested cliffy-protectors on 15th March originally, reminded them via their support portal on 25th April
and now again today on the 13th of May.
They have emailed once back asking for pics, but after that it stopped.

They are quite good, but I get the sense they are getting busy again and things are slowing down. Calling works best but may be expensive from where you are.

#4039 5 years ago

Hi all, I have a few questions with this new game:

1. In the goodie bag, my game came with two semi-circular mylar sheets for in front of the slings, but the mylar was not installed. By contrast, when I got my WOZ, the mylar was already in the game. Is this true with others? If so, for those of you who have this in a home use environment, have you installed the mylar? I wax regularly so I'm not sure if it is necessary.

2. Has anyone felt the need to put mylar where the ball drops onto the playfield from Station 3?

3. There is a white insert light right behind the Theater that is always on. I assume it is supposed to be on so that you can see behind the Theater screen when there isn't an image displayed? Am I right?

4. I just got to Chaos in Quantum City. Is there an end to it, or does it just go on with you collecting jackpots and avoiding attacks until you drain?

Thanks!

#4044 5 years ago

One other question. What controls the position of the diverted arm? Sometimes, even when I’m not in a mode, I believe the arm is down and diverts the ball. Other times it is up. I would have thought it was mode based, but it seems other things may affect it.

#4050 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

When lock is lit, the diverter arm goes down.

I wonder what the rationale for that is, or is it just an excuse to mix things up?

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Had the machine since first weeks of January. So about 4 months. According to their warranty, stuff like that is only 30 days.
Like this? Can the original connector be salvaged and reused?
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-optek-technology/OPB100Z/365-1628-ND/1636780

Call them. I think they will consider it under warranty.

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

On mine when the diverter is down and I hit the ramp with some speed, the ball manages to bounce off the back and lands in the skill shot. It then feeds to the upper flipper for an easy ramp shot.

Really? I don’t think that’s ever happened to me. I can’t really picture it. I’ll have to take a closer look tomorrow.

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Full install - yes. Delta update - no.
LTG : )

But you can save before doing a full install, right? And then reload your settings and audits?

#4080 5 years ago

Question: when I lock a ball, I can bypass multiball by pressing both flippers twice on the start of the next ball. But, if I drain that ball, then on the next ball I can no longer bypass multiball. Is that right, or am I missing something?

#4083 5 years ago

So, I have trouble locking more than one ball. I think it is because after locking one, I have to start a disaster mode and then lock another all on the same ball. If I drain, I’m stuck with a two ball MB. So, by design, it seems for an average player like me, it is tough to get a 3 ball MB.

#4089 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dont forget u can add a,ball also by hitting the scoop 3 times during mb...

Ah, thanks. I’ve occasionally added a ball but wasn’t sure how.

#4097 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

On the phone screen at the top it says Add A Ball, when you hit the scoop the first time Add lights up, second A lights up and third Ball lights up......so you know where you are at with the 3 shots

Now that you mention that, I did see that and forgot about it later. I'm having trouble keeping track of the rules with this game, a little more so than other games. One the one hand, the main mode rules are fairly easy to follow. On the other, there is a lot of other stuff going on that I'm trying to get a handle on. Still having a blast with it all, though.

#4099 5 years ago

Are people able to make a full left orbit on their machines? I sometimes can, but more often the ball ends up slowing down and going into the pops. Is that normal?

#4109 5 years ago

Thanks all for the responses on the orbit. I'll try to up my flipper strength some more, though I already did that a couple of times. I'll also play around with the pitch.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Look down your left orbit and make sure your trap door is laying flat. If it's not, it can take a lot of momentum from the ball.

The trap door is flat, but there is still a slight bump from the hinge in back that I'm guessing slows down the ball somewhat, though I imagine there is nothing I can do about that . . . .

#4111 5 years ago

I upped my flipper strength another notch, and it does seem to help make the orbit shot. You guys are right, though. It takes a pretty accurate shot to make it. The left orbit is actually pretty tight, and if you don't hit it right, the ball can slow down from the beginning.

I also just had a really good game going. Completed a mode, got a sim card, completed another mode, lit the sim card shot, and then got the ball stuck behind one of the drones. When I went to free it, I drained, and it was my last ball. I was sure I was on my way to a new GC score too.

#4117 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Wait until you scream one up the right side assuming it will go up the ramp and it comes back down the left side. I've had a couple right orbits / loops to date.

Does that happen? That’s not by design, right?

#4142 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I can see this for newbs, but I disagree with nerfing the rules. The game is way more fun when there is intense pressure to score a sim and/or relight kickback. I also dislike easy add a ball rules. On location though, these would be good settings to encourage coin drop.

While normally I agree with you, if someone’s not enjoying the game to the point that they want to get rid of it, there’s no reason not to change the settings. That is one of the things I love about JJPs pins is that almost everything is adjustable so that you can DIAL it IN to your own likes and playing ability.

See what I did there.

I made WOZ easier when I first got it by being generous with extra balls. Now that I’ve gotten more used to the table, I dialed everything back to make it more challenging.

#4143 5 years ago

Has anyone bought one of those candy chrome shooter rods for DI? I was looking at the blue one but wasn’t sure how the color matched up to the LE.

#4147 5 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

Noticed yesterday that the Dialed In Manual (PDF) has been updated again from Feb 2018 to May 2018.

Someone posted in another thread that there is a new MB shown on the flowchart related to the theater modes. Anyone know whether this is in existing code and how exactly it is achieved?

77CAE010-C1A3-42C5-BC1A-8A4510A5A54F (resized).jpeg77CAE010-C1A3-42C5-BC1A-8A4510A5A54F (resized).jpeg

#4150 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never achieved it or heard of it. Probably in the update they are working on? Sounds like the documentation might be ahead of the code...
snaroff

Love their commitment to code!

#4152 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've never achieved it or heard of it. Probably in the update they are working on? Sounds like the documentation might be ahead of the code...
snaroff

Come to think of it, I just inquired about the printed manuals the other day and were told they were at the printers so I’m guessing this is the last update to the manual, and it is now final. So, if they were adding another MB, it makes sense to put it in the manual now.

#4157 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My gosh several people I’ve talked to said ‘it’s better than Woz’ that’ll take some doing to pass Woz in my book. I’ll be very happy if it’s close to Woz.

So, I’m a week into owning DI and two years into owning WOZ. They are completely different and both great. WOZ is all about stacking and has a lot of stop and go action. DI is about mastering the modes and flow. The code on both is deep and light years ahead of the competition. Theme integration on both is also amazing. I like contrast in my lineup. Variety is the spice of life. You will be very pleased with your purchase.

#4163 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How do you get that?

Start 6 disaster modes.

#4168 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Both my left orbit and right orbit (to the ramp) shots were very weak. On my game, the ramp flap that the ball encounters in each orbit was the issue. The ball would hit the ramp flap that was too thick, get a little air, and either hit something or just have a large portion of their momentum killed.
To test for this, you can take a small piece of painters tape and tape it over the entrance to the ramp flap. (on the left orbit, I am not talking about the Bob flap, but the flap that is attached to the piece that transitions it over to the right side of the orbit)
If tape helps, what I did was, I pulled the piece and used a dremel to shorten the lip / taper the edge. Now, clean right orbit shots hit the ramp 100% of the time, and clean left orbit shots make it to the right flipper about 90% of the time. (up from about 40% of the time)

Thanks. I am having more rejects on the right ramp. I will have to either look into this or the velcro fix described earlier.

#4178 5 years ago

Code 1.52 is pretty much complete, isn't it? I mean, I know that we just discovered that they are adding a new multiball related to the theater, but that's just icing on the cake at this point. Or, is there something larger missing that I'm unaware of?

#4187 5 years ago

Sometimes, my theater magnet does not catch a fast moving ball when it is supposed to. Is there a setting to adjust this? The theater magnet setting description seems like it does something else. Thanks.

#4190 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I'm now having an issue with my Station 3 lock. It doesn't let the ball pass through the lock now, it just holds onto the ball and gets caught in a sound loop. When I lock a ball, it doesn't release it. Any thoughts?

My guess is that there is a switch there that is not registering the ball. Put into switch test mode and check.

#4199 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

When was your game built? JJP has put titans on from the factory since last fall.

Is that right? Another plus for JJP. My game was built in February so I guess it has Titans. And here I was just debating whether to put them in, not realizing I already had them.

I’m pretty sure the flippers are regular rubbers though. Those I will likely replace.

#4215 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

AFAIK, the flippers are still old rubber. The fact you couldn't tell if the rest was titan or not should be a nice endorsement of Titans feeling like real rubber.

Yeah, I've converted a couple of machines to Titans and have been very pleased. The flippers do feel a bit different than standard rubber, but for the most part it is fine. All of the rings behave about the same.

I should have realized that's why all of the rings on my DI looked so shiny. I'm really glad to see JJP do this. I love the white on DI too. For other games, I've tried to color match the rings, but white on DI gives it a really clean, sleak look.

Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm guessing that a Nib game doesn't come with a waxed playing field. But that's okay because I'm ready.

Just waxed mine after 1 week of play. Used P21S, another great brand, but slightly fewer flakes left behind than Blitz.

#4236 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I would grab the cliffy magnet protectors, the mylar will just crumple up in no time. Stainless or carbon don't matter but to my taste I like the carbons. You'll need two, drones and theater.

Where can you get these? I didn’t see them on the Cliffy website.

#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

Only other thing besides flipper control is the Big Bang button, which when Big Bang is lit will trigger it. I’ve paired mine once or twice since I’ve had it but it doesn’t really add anything.

I find it way harder to play on the phone. The level of control you have is diminished, and you don’t get that tactile sense. That said, the app is flawless in execution, without any lag. It is a cool feature that may be appealing for some, but probably not for most pinheads.

#4279 5 years ago

I find the right ramp/loop to be an extremely tight shot. I’m always hitting the phone scoop or drones instead. It is hard to find the sweet spot for the ramp. Do others agree?

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

2) the magnets (EMP mode) that's crazy

EMP is my favorite mode. First of all, I can complete it. Even though it is dangerous, it is only three shots to the theater. And, it totally keeps me on my toes. The magnet action is insane, and you can’t ever predict what path the ball will take. Super fun.

#4296 5 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
from time to time, in scorecard, the pinball machine does not make photos (yet I write my name).
In selfie mode too, it always displays the same picture.
I checked the camera works cor- rectly.
It's a software bug?

In settings, you can adjust the face recognition aspect of the camera. If it is too particular, it may not be detecting your face enough and therefore not displaying the picture. You would need to adjust it a few degrees. I’m guessing the feature prevents people from taking unseemly pictures on location.

#4324 5 years ago

How do you get the alternate Station 3?

#4328 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

That is the design that was used in the prototype design. Maybe convince someone with a prototype to trade?

I was just curious as I didn’t know the history. I like the new design, but both are cool.

#4348 5 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Finished custom Cell Phone topper total cost was $22

Looks great!

Quoted from rai:

I can make the SIM card shot all the time when it’s not lit but will soon drain whatever it’s lit.

Quoted from rai:

Crap and then I’ll hit the Big Bang target when nothing is running.

Pretty much sums up my games.

#4349 5 years ago

This ball trap has happened to me a number of times now. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, is there an easy fix?

294EE6D6-F2EA-4C57-A870-E23E027351BA (resized).jpeg294EE6D6-F2EA-4C57-A870-E23E027351BA (resized).jpeg

#4351 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Not there but just above that on the wire ramp just above the middle rightmost drone above shooter lane (didn’t take a picture) but impossible to shake free.

My location is impossible to shake free as well. The good thing is that it only happens during my best games.

#4353 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m going to need them as this game is much more challenging than I first thought.

Congrats! And agreed. This game isn’t a drain monster, but it is a challenge to do well. The more I understand the rules and get the shot geometry and flow, the better I do. But I still have so far to go .....

#4358 5 years ago

What are the four LEDs on the apron for? Just decoration? I’ve seen videos of people putting their phones there with the app on, but I don’t think the LEDs themselves do anything. Do they?

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They were intended to let you know to put your cell phone there.
LTG : )

Thanks. That’s what I figured.

#4365 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

So is the shot geometry really different on this game or have I just been too addicted to GOT and it’s me? I’ve been really struggling with the flipper angles and general shot execution to where my games have been quite embarassing. Is this normal? I think it’s because I’ve been playing a GOT pro for 2 hours a day for 6 weeks straight.

It took me 1.5-2 weeks to get a feel for the shots. Not sure why. Maybe just new pin syndrome. I’m now pretty good with the theater, left ramp and left orbit. I’m also pretty good with the side ramp. The right ramp is still a very tight shot for me. When modes require it early on, I try to rely on Big Bang, which is also a tight shot, but at least I only have to make it once.

#4371 5 years ago

Just got to Chaos In Quantum City for the second time. This time I paid more attention to the mode. Man, what a rush! The light show is great, and I was in the zone, just hitting ramp after ramp. At some point, I looked up to check my score, and drained in the process. Reminded me of the Kenny Rogers song: "You never count your money while you're sittin' at the table / There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealing's done".

I do wish they would add a MB or wizard mode that allowed you to actually complete an objective. I love the Battle the Wicked Witch wizard mode in WOZ, for instance. It is so tough, but when you melt the witch, it is a great feeling, and you are awarded with a 5 ball victory MB. Of course, in WOZ there really aren't modes like in DI, so perhaps that evens things out.

#4374 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Agreed. CIQC is a cool looking mode, but after you've been to it a load of times, you almost dread it. There is nothing but points to collect, and I find it breaks my focus on the actual task of getting to Armageddon and Showdown. If they don't make it a mode with completion in the net update, hopefully they'll at least make the SIM cards attainable.

Yeah, it almost feels like an amped up version of Under Attack. It would be cool if it started with some goal to achieve, like stop four attacks with three balls, and only if you made the goal would it turn into a victory 5 ball free for all. Either that or make the Under Attack MB more objective based.

#4379 5 years ago

Just had my best game yet! Was two modes away from Armageddon. I felt like I couldn’t lose, until of course, I did. But, still, it was awesome. I love some of the later modes. Hit a new GC score of 1.8 million. What an amazing pin!

#4381 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Can someone explain what shots are needed to complete the mode with the scuba diver?

I was wondering that too. I’ve completed it twice. It ends with a shot to the side ramp. However, other shots are lit. Are they just for points until you can get the side ramp, or do they add to the value of the side ramp shop?

Also,what are the rules for acid rain cloud?

#4404 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

True but they usually go beyond what the warranty says ....

Agreed.

More importantly, this is the second post I've seen about that trap door flap breaking. I'm assuming its just a coincidence, but is there anything we should be doing to lessen the chance of that happening?

#4406 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My trap flap is about to die... it’s half way cracked. Seems like it may be a flawed design

That sucks. It seems like a tough thing to replace. I wonder where the failure point is. It would be nice to know if there was something that could be done in advance, like reinforcing the underside somehow.

#4421 5 years ago

If you back the flap with a thin piece of Mylar it may preserve the longevity of its function from fatigue, if not it will at least help protect your PF from scarring where it hits the PF.

I was thinking the same thing. Do you think the stress comes from the trap door closing and always hitting the same place or the ball rolling over it? Either way, I wonder if a mylar strip would help absord and distribute the stress just a little.

Does anyone know if that is easy to get to, or do you have to take off one or more ramps? It kind of looks like you have to remove ramps.

#4426 5 years ago

Oh hell no, I cut a piece into shape then pulled the PF forward onto their rest brackets and used a needle nose and my finger to stick the mylar under the flap. In addition I also put a small piece where the flap meets the PF onto the PF itself and extended the mylar 1/4" past the flap towards the front and 1/4" past towards the rear.

I wasn’t looking at the area when I posted. My mistake. It looks like you need to remove the wireform though. Am I wrong? Or are you saying that with the playfield extended you can get it from the side?

#4441 5 years ago

Oh hell no, I cut a piece into shape then pulled the PF forward onto their rest brackets and used a needle nose and my finger to stick the mylar under the flap. In addition I also put a small piece where the flap meets the PF onto the PF itself and extended the mylar 1/4" past the flap towards the front and 1/4" past towards the rear.

One other question. I assume this had no effect on ball travel so you can still make the full left orbit, is that right?

#4464 5 years ago

Wow, did you make that?

#4475 5 years ago

I was thinking about the mode construction today and how good it is. It is so nicely balanced. The modes that are easier to complete, like EMP and Meteor, are nevertheless dangerous to play. And, the modes that are harder to complete and require more shots, especially of that right ramp which is the bane of my existence, are more safe.

I often try to start with EMP or Meteor just due to the fact that I can complete them and get the sim card shot lit. (EMP is so crazy though. While it is fairly simple to complete, the ball can literally be flung by the magnets anywhere, and you have to be on your toes.) Once I have Big Bang lit, I will try a harder mode. However, even then, hitting Big Bang can be risky, and I've had several times where I've rejoiced at hitting it only to have the ball shoot back down and drain before I can react.

Anyway, it is very well thought out and enormously fun.

#4483 5 years ago

On both my WOZ and DI, I can’t lift the playfield without scratching against the sides, and that’s without blades. I don’t know how people with blades do it.

#4496 5 years ago

Am I right in my assumption that overcharging the phone increases the point value of the mode shots?

#4498 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yep it seems like each extra hit will raise the battery by 10% and the points will be raised accordingly. So if your phone battery is 150% the points should be 1.5x the normal value.
But when you drain (before starting a mode) it will reset to 100% although I'm not sure if there is a setting to keep that value.

Makes a nice risk vs reward aspect to the game. That can be pretty significant if especially if you have some SIM cards. But hitting the QED guy over and over can also be a bit dangerous.

#4512 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

you only get multiplied values on the shots you really completed before the big bang target though. So if you start a mode and hit big bang right away even with 5 sim cards collected you get the normal score for completion. If you made 2 shots then hit big bang with 5 sims collected. you'd get 5x for the points for the 2 shots you made and base value for the big bang collected ones.

That's disappointing to learn but good to know.

#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Is it just me, or is it exceptionally difficult to complete B.O.B multiballs to get SIMs?
I've reached Armageddon 3-4 times, I've been two SIMs away from Showdown, but I swear I think I've only ever collected one SIM from B.O.B.
I actually haven't even taken down the default score for Monkey Wrench and Drone!

I find drone to be very difficult. High voltage is probably the easiest, and I’ve completed it. Monkey Wrench is probably in the middle since the left ramp is fairly easy to hit, and you just need to get lucky with the timing.

#4524 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just starting to explore my DILE. So far, loving it. Mine was made in March this year so not really sure if I have the JJP protectors or true Cliffy's installed. The phone shot is pretty reliable but I have a terrible time hitting the SIM shot. Honestly, all the shots off the upper flipper I find very difficult. I very rarely hit the inner ramp when trying and don't think I've hit the SIM shot once when actually trying off the upper flipper. To my viewpoint, it looks like weird angles to those shots and the SIM has those posts on either side.
Any suggestions besides just continued practice?

You have the true cliffys. You can exercise some strategies to get the SIM card. It is hard to hit straight on. One strategy is to start a MB when it is lit to get a better chance of having the ball go in randomly. Or you can play a mode like meteor where you are shooting the standups to try to get the ball to bounce in. I also find that I can hit it every so often from the upper flipper, so going after the theater shot to the upper flipper is good as you will eventually nail it.

#4526 5 years ago

Ok, I was a little slow to realize this, but I just caught on to all the modern physics puns. I’m kind of geeking out about it. Quantum Mechanic. Schroedingers cash. The creators are defintiely having a bit of physics fun.

#4530 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this pin is awesome all the way around.
I was saying on another thread that DI is kind of funny like that old movie 'Dr Strangelove' (one of the best comedies ever imo).
This pin (like that movie was not meant to be taken seriously, you are not worried about people getting killed in disasters it's light hearted fun not dead serious).
From Dr Strangelove we have characters like: General Jack D. Ripper.
And quotes like "You can't fight in here, this is the war room!" and "Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies."
The doomsday machine.

Maybe after JJP does Willie Wonka with Gene Wilder, they can do a Peter Sellers pin. Dr. Strangelove? Pink Panther?

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

why would a great risk/reward option be disappointing?

It’s just disappointing in the fact that I thought I was getting a ton of multiplied points by hitting Big Bang when in fact I wasn’t. But, you are right. It increases the risk/reward aspects of the game, and that makes things more interesting.

#4548 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

So this just happened . . .
I love the animation when this mode starts.

Nice! So, what's the plot for Showdown? It looks like you are fighting against DIE itself.

#4551 5 years ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

That's really slick. That's the kind of touch you might expect out of some kind of veteran dream-team of pinball designers.

Yeah, the attention to detail in this pin is phenomenal. Just thinking back to the reveal and how much criticism they got before anyone had even played it makes me feel bad. To put that much effort into something only to have people fixate on stuff like the name must have been really deflating. I’m glad they eventually got all the credit they were due.

#4553 5 years ago

The yellow BOB award raises the bonus x. I believe it can also be raised with a random drone package award.

#4556 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

You’ll get there Damien. I have probably 600 games on mine and have only reached this 3 times.

I’m pretty sure that after 2000 games, I will have reached it zero times.

#4562 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Holy crap! I just watched this again and ...
watch it and look at the theatre. I love all of the amazing details that they have put into this game. Most people would never see this because they are focusing on gameplay. Really cool!

The use of the theater there is really cool. I also love how they use the theater in the match sequence with the spotlight shining up onto the LCD screen.

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I thought that could be an inside Easter egg from Pat. Back in my day, mathematical proof equations/work always ended with the notation of "Q.E.D." to signify that the proof is completed. Maybe this is Pat's dream design and proof that it could be done. Then added some Quantum Electric Department in there to make the letters mean something. I'm guessing that I'm probably wrong ... but if I'm right ...
From the math world:
Q.E.D. "Q.E.D." (sometimes written "QED") is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase "quod erat demonstrandum" ("that which was to be demonstrated"), a notation which is often placed at the end of a mathematical proof to indicate its completion. Several symbols are occasionally used as synonyms for Q.E.D.

Quoted from check_switch_26:

Yes.

And yes. (Although I always prefer my incorrect translation from back in high school: "Quite Easily Done".)
--Ted

That's awesome!

#4580 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I officially joined the club yesterday! LE#289 is in my gameroom now. Born on date is 4/26/18. I’m loving this game. It’s just awesome. Really fun to play!
I have some issues right off the bat.
Number 1 is this terrible static speaker noise no matter what volume the game is set to. I called JJP and they are sending me one of those in-line noise isolators that others have posted about. I have a hard time believing that this will completely fix the problem. The noise is loud. I’ve checked all connections. I connected an external amp and speakers to the motherboard (no noise). So this tells me it’s the cable or the sound board and not the MB or audio out jack. No noise through headphones either. I need to try swapping the audio cable between MB and sound board next to rule that out.
Number 2 has happened only once. Both displays went blank during a game. The game continued as normal. I turned off/on the pin and the displays powered back on. I’m hoping this doesn’t happen again.
Number 3 is strange. The selfie camera takes new pictures only sometimes when I enter in a name for high scores. Sometimes it will display an older picture from a previous game. Really weird.
Number 4 is no big deal. I can’t get my Samsung S8+ to connect to the pin. The app refuses to connect. I’ve tried multiple times. Not that I’m gonna be playing with the phone, but I just wanted to try it.
It took me a while to find the theater magnet settings that you guys have posted about. I was looking for a magnet power setting. That was the mistake. The adjustment is not power, it’s a delay in milliseconds. For anyone else looking, it’s in the test menu. Mine came really high from the factory (-30 I think). So far -90 seems to be working pretty good along with the magnet behavior set to “normal”. I tried the lab test mode too but couldn’t see any benefit.
So far I like the lower flippers at power 21 and upper flipper at 17.
The slingshots don’t have a power setting. Strange. They have another time delay setting. What are you guys setting these at?
Junky

For #3, if the camera doesn’t recognize a face, it either displays a blank picture or an old picture of you. You can adjust the recognition sensitivity of the camera in settings.

#4581 5 years ago

I’m getting a ton of air balls off of the standoff’s. The problem is that if I lower my right flipper power another point or two, I can’t always make the right orbit all the way around. The ball falls to the pops. Any ideas of what to do to avoid the air balls? They keep hitting the wireforms.

#4587 5 years ago

Awesome! I haven’t verified yet with Cliff but I’m assuming our games have his protectors installed from the factory.

Your games have cliffys. They switched over to cliffys in January at some point.

#4588 5 years ago

Ugh! I’m still getting way too many air balls even though I reduced power to the flippers quite a bit. Every time I hit a stand up target or brick the phone shot, it seems as if I get an air ball. I swear this wasn’t happening a week ago, but I can’t be sure. Anyway, I might try raising or lowering the back legs a bit. I think raising is the correct direction to prevent airballs, is that right?

#4598 5 years ago

I just watched a video of someone beating Showdown. So, it looks like it is you vs. DIE, and you both have health meters. I guess you have to hit the jackpots to reduce their health meter before their attacks reduce yours. That's pretty cool. I was disappointed though that when the person won, there was no fanfare or celebration. It just went back to normal game play with the balls that were left still in play. Perhaps the video I saw was early code. Does anyone know? If it is current code, I really hope they add in some celebratory animations at the end. Something like what happens when you melt the witch on WOZ. Not that I'll ever see it, but if I do, and if I beat Showdown, I want a celelbration. And it better be good!

#4600 5 years ago

If you watched the video with Joe shooting ( Joe had a green hat on ) that was from July of 2017, v1.52 dropped in Oct of 2017 so there might have been more code added since that that video of the wizard mode.

Current code is 1.52 so I guess that’s what we have so far. Maybe the next update will add something to it. They are adding a whole new MB after all.

#4604 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Most games these days dont do a whole lot once u get to the end....

Yeah, but JJP is at a different level than the rest. The ending to Battle the Wicked Witch on WOZ is one of the greatest moments in Pinball. Here’s hoping they can do a little something more with DI.

#4606 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Unfortunately ill never get far enough to see any of it lol

Yeah, me too. I just like knowing that’s it’s there.

#4621 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im assuming the quantum guys want their phone back that was sold to me accidentally, thats why they are attacking me?

Yes. I believe so.

#4660 5 years ago

I believe one shot to the side ramp ends the tidal wave mode. All other shots are just points. Or perhaps they raise the value of the final shot.

#4662 5 years ago

*@#!*$ is what I say when I complete a mode and simultaneously drain before collecting the SIM card.

#4664 5 years ago

set the sim to carry over in the settings

Nah. I’m a glutton for punishment and like the challenge. Maybe someday when I’m sufficiently frustrated at never getting more than 2 or 3 SIM cards.

#4666 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Once I replaced my JJP protectors with Cliffies, the game became what it should be. I can now get sims with relative ease.

I have the cliffies. It is not too bad, but it is still more luck than anything.

#4683 5 years ago

Is anyone getting any flipper button wear on the decals around the flipper buttons?

You mean like this:

3C7736A2-840C-4794-9659-F262D701F415 (resized).jpeg3C7736A2-840C-4794-9659-F262D701F415 (resized).jpeg

You can see a little bit of lightening right under the button. I’ve only had my pin for 6 weeks. None of my other NIB pins did that. It is not a huge deal and is barely noticeable, but it is strange and somewhat disappointing that it is happening at all. I just bought some vinyl cling flipper button protectors from Titan to ensure it doesn’t get worse.

#4686 5 years ago

That's the exact same spot where mine is starting, and I have only 122 games on my machine.

Weird. Could it be a defect in the printing rather than wear? I don’t know whether mine came that way or not, but I don’t think so.

Quoted from rai:

I wish I’d gotten RadCals but will be getting the Mylar covers ASAP.

By coincidence, my vinyl cling protectors came from Titan today, and I just put them on. They cover the area great, stick well, and are easily removable. They are like holiday window clings. Perhaps a better solution than Mylar given how easy they can be removed and switched to other pins if necessary.

#4700 5 years ago

Is this below the right hand side flipper button? That's where mine is. Love to see some more photos of other machines to determine artifact in the artwork or wearing prematurely. My machine was made in January of 2018.

Mine is the same. It's only on the right side. Only 200 plays. Born on date 4/26/18. It does NOT feel as if it's worn. Looks like it's in the printed artwork and not from any wear at all.

Yes, mine is the right side. Thanks to you both for confirming. It sounds like it is either part of the image or perhaps a minor defect in the batch. Either way, I'm glad that it is not from wear. Strange that it looks just like a finger mark. I guess I bought the button protectors for nothing. Oh well, no harm in using them.

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’ve tried tickets too and it never works. Just call them. They should take the ticket system off their websites site cause I think they ignore it.

They don’t ignore it. I’ve gotten very good and prompt advice through it. It can be hit or miss at times, so a call is always wise if they don’t respond. It sounds like Frank is out for a bit and Paul supposedly has left, so they may be a little short staffed at the moment. They always follow through though. It may just take a reminder or two.

#4711 5 years ago

Another geeky physics thing I noticed: Quantum City's motto is "We're probably here. . . . And so are you."

#4712 5 years ago

I believe that when you get the ball into the shooter lane, and it auto plunges, it counts as a right ramp shot. I think this is because the ball hits the switch right at the end of the shooter ramp and then completes the path all the way to the wire form. I noticed this when I completed the volcano mode without successfully making a single right ramp shot. I was in MB, and the ball save was on when I drained a few times. Each drain led to an auto plunge which counted as a right ramp shot.

I'm pretty sure I noticed this at other times as well.

Anyway, I thought I would pass it along in case others hadn't noticed. It could be a strategy used to complete some of the harder modes. Start MB when you need the right ramp and let the balls drain.

I also wonder if I put my auto plunger on higher strength whether it would shoot the ball hard enough to miss that first switch in the right lane and thus not count as a complete shot . . . .

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They have been working on another update for several months (likely off and on as time permits) to add more phone character animations and likely tweaking some other things. It has been mentioned by Ted before in these DI threads. Back in February they were waiting for some animations to be developed. Rumor was TH and DI updates would be released once JJPOTC was put into production. That hasn't happened, but the TH update has been released a few days ago. Just anxious for the update as the TH one was a pretty big and great update.

Not to mention adding a new multiball. See the newly released game flow chart.

#4757 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Europe has as much if not more video surveillance as most other first world countries... You're concerned about a pinball machine?

GDPR has changed the rules on a lot of things in Europe including the use of photographs of people. If the player doesn’t know that their picture is going to be taken and perhaps used on the high score board, it may be a problem.

#4763 5 years ago

Well, that should do it then.

#4778 5 years ago

People are going to have different definitions of "deep". DI, in my opinion, is as deep as any of the other pins. There are 9 disaster modes or so to play, 3 wizard modes, one main multiball, 3 side multiballs (soon to be 4 with the new code release), 3 crazy Bob objectives, and 4 theatre objectives. It is well balanced so, with the exception of the wizard modes, you have a chance at seeing all of these features, just not in the same game unless you are a really good player. You play through the modes linearly, but they are random at the start, so each game does feel a bit different. The main objective of collecting SIM cards also adds to the whole experience.

However, it is not a game like WOZ which is all about planning and stacking to maximize your points. There are more strategic decisions to make in WOZ, and you play it completely differently. For example, you are not really rewarded for stacking in DI, but you have to stack in WOZ to get the most points. I would characterize them both as equally deep, just very different in terms of rules and objectives. Both are good. Some will like one rule set; and others will like the other type of rule set.

People should play it and see if they like it. They shouldn't worry if the code is deep. There is plenty to do; it just depends upon whether you like doing it.

Added over 6 years ago:

EDIT: 11 modes, not 9.

#4782 5 years ago
Quoted from Number41:

Hello DI fans!
I've only gotten to play the game a few times, but I recently had the chance to illustrate some cool Dialed In! artwork for Pintastic New England 2018. Gabe D'Annunzio got permission from JJP to use their game for a limited edition 3-color screen print poster and the reception was very positive (even from Jack himself). I ended up making a full color version (as seen here) for additional posters, t-shirts, pint glasses, banners and more. It was fun to put my own spin on the characters and see the art on all of our merchandise. Just thought it might be cool to share with fans and owners of the game here. Thanks!
-Joel

I picked up a T shirt at Pintastic. I wear it with pride!

#4789 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

There is a lot going on in DI, but it bugs me a little that going for modes seems to be the only strategy which brings big points. Everything else you can pretty much ignore without peril.

This is true. It would be nice if the Bob modes and theatre modes were more lucrative so there was an incentive to play them. They’re still fun, but I agree that most of the time I ignore them.

#4794 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

At least some of the BOB modes award you the chance to get another SIM card. For that reason I'll focus on a couple of those while playing. This furthers your chance to make it to Showdown. I still ignore the Drones Gone Wild mode though.

Yes, you're right. I wasn't thinking of the BOB multiballs when I posted. I actually really like those MBs, and there is a useful reward for completing them. They are short and have simple but creative rules centered around one objective. I agree though that Drones Gone Wild is the outlier. I find that one very difficult to complete.

#4799 5 years ago

I take back a little bit what I said about the BOB modes not being lucrative. I've gotten some decent points on the lottery ticket mode when I concentrate on it. And, I've gotten some decent points on the emoji mode, though I don't understand how the scoring works for that mode and whether I am better to let the emojis accumulate and then hit a shot or just hit shots quickly. I do wish they would up the value of the selfie mode. I love frenzy modes, and the one in WOZ can lead to some crazy points. Even when I've played the selfie mode in DI with a MB going, I never get that many points.

I will also say that some of these side objectives can really add to your bonus. I think a lot of us ignore them because they don't seem immediately gratifying in terms of points. But, I've had some pretty high bonuses that results from the number of side objectives I've done along the way. I do wish it was easier to increase your bonus multiplier. I never get mine about 2x because you just have to go through so many BOB modes to increase it. It would be nice if there was something else in the game (beside the random award) that also allowed you to increase the multiplier.

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You can increase the bonus × with the skill shot /super skill shot also.

Yes, you’re right. But I’m not that great at getting the skill shot.

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

This is the kind of pin I need. Every pin I've owned (check my owned in the past list) has been played for a day or two by my kids and they just give up on it. If Dialed In could bring them to playing more with me I'd be happy. I just feel like on this title I'm a bit priced out of the market. I've been trying to justify a standard version but that is even pricey. Would I lose out too much on a standard vs LE that I'd be unhappy with it?

The difference between the standard and the LE is just bling. All features and game play are the same. You just miss the powder coated rails, invisiglass, leds on the ramp, and a few other cosmetic features. I believe even the standard has a shaker motor.

Also, not sure if you are aware of this feature, but on both you can control the flippers with an app on your phone. I don't really like using it, but I've had kids who think its really cool.

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Backhanding the left ramp....how often are you successful at making it all the way?
I may be 50/50 maybe fewer. The ball runs out of steam just at the top. I often find myself yelling at it. GOOOOOOO BALLLL GOOOOO

I don't think I can backhand the left ramp at all. I didn't know it was possible.

#4825 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Definitely more than possible. On mine I can backhand left ramp more often than not. Also love backhanding phone scoop.

Ok. I’ll have to try it. I backhand the scoop all the time. I find it easier than hitting it with the left flipper.

#4854 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

I have a problem maybe someone can help. I am getting an error all of a sudden it says switch matrix #13 theater enter (stuck open) the theater doesn’t register hits. Everything was working with no problem and then all of a sudden just stopped registering. Any idea how to fix? I see there is an opto there

Perhaps start by finding the connector for the opto under the playfield. With the power off, unplug it and then plug it back together. See if that fixes it and report back.

#4860 5 years ago

So, I’m probably confused but if the opto popped out, wouldn’t the switch be registering stuck closed and not stuck open?

#4867 5 years ago

Thanks for the explanation about optos. It makes sense. In my simple mind, I was thinking of them like other switches. When you activate them, they are closed. But I guess it is opposite with optos which, now that I think about it, makes perfect sense.

#4871 5 years ago

So, here's something annoying. I had two SIM cards lit and started Chaos in Quantum City. During CIQC, two separate balls fell into the SIM card hole. However, neither one counted. I guess you can't collect SIM cards during that mode, unlike normal multiball.

#4874 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Correct but the new code will change this

Oh good.

#4910 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Just because I cannot remember one game in which I played all theater modes. So I do not expect to access the multiball very soon...
The animations would be nice, sure. And maybe there are other enhancements that make sense, like points for special things like jackpots, but the one thing I currently really hate, is when I have some SIM cards ready and several would be collected during chaos and are just ignored.

Are you sure the theater MB requires starting all theater modes?

#4917 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Hm. This was my first impression when I saw the new flowchart, as the QTM is after all four TMs are flowing back in one line. But now, after you question this, I agree. It does not say ... start all TMs like ..start 6 (all) disaster modes for Chaos (Armageddon). So most likely I was wrong and the QTM starts after every TM that is mastered.
In this case I look forward to the new multiball, as it makes it far more attractive to play and focus the TMs.
Thanks!

I'm not sure we can say until the code finally comes out. It could be that you have to start all TMs to get to the MB, or it could be you have to do well on a particular TM, perhaps hitting a minimum score. I would kind of like that idea as right now, I don't really concentrate on the TMs when I get to them. This would make me do it.

Quoted from gliebig:

How do yall catch the ball when it shoots out of the phone? I try to catch it on the right flipper but it usually bounces off. I have the hardest time with ball control on this game sometimes.

I find I can drop catch it quite nicely. As Lermods said, you may want to lower the kickout power just a bit.

#4944 5 years ago

Almost page 100!!!!

#4988 5 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

Got the correct legs in for my game today. Skimmed a few dozen pages back but didn’t find any answers.
What are people putting on protection wise for DI?

When was your machine built? If February or later, you already have authentic cliffys on the SIM and phone scoops. I haven’t added anything else except a small square of Mylar where the ball drops from the subway station. You already have Mylar around the theatre and drone magnets. You will want to cut a circle out of that Mylar right where the magnet sticks up into the playfield. If you look at key posts, there will be a post with instructions for that.

#5002 5 years ago

My DI LE came with two silver drones and one black drone instead of having a white drone in the mix. Anyone else have that? Wondering if it was a factory error. Not too concerned. Maybe it raises the value of my pin, like that stamp with the upside down airplane on it.

#5010 5 years ago
Quoted from kharri:

I had two drones go bad (two silver ones). Was told by JPP the drones are randomly chosen when the game is built, and he couldn't specify which color drones I would get for replacement.

That’s kind of cool. Means each game is a bit different. I just noticed that one of my silver drones has a gold swirl on it and the other has a white swirl. So even the same color drones can be different from each other.

#5049 5 years ago
Quoted from BigStiffy:

I may be looking at a Dialed In LE this weekend. Does someone mind sparing me reading the 100+ pages of the club and summarizing potential issues and what to look for? Thanks in advance!

Take a look at the key posts at the front of this thread. That lists most of the issues that may need attention.

#5062 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Having just received my first LE, I have the dumbest question.....What is the recommended cleaning solution for JJP invisiglass...??

Quoted from KingBW:

Sparkle - I was told that they use that at the factor (not sure if that part is true or not).

I use Sparkle as well. They instruct you to remove the glass from the machine before cleaning. Also, don't spray directly onto the glass, but spray onto a cloth and then clean the glass with the cloth.

#5086 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm kind of in the opposite camp on the Standard vs LE. I don't see the extra $1k unless you're someone who likes to powder coat your games and add invisiglass. Standard's city scape is better than the LE's IMO, but the ramp lights are cool.

I love the ramp lights on my LE, but I also wonder how much I’ll love them when one of them goes out.

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I had a rather simple issue that I e-mailed them about for several months. I first got a very positive response that parts would be sent then heard nothing. After e-mailing about once a month since without result I then e-mailed Jack, who replied he was sorry but only copied to Frank after which again nothing happened.
I finally followed the advice in this thread and called Frank who answered promptly and the parts were sent the same day.
I love Dialed In, JJP and what Jack has done for pinball, but they sure seem to have serious problems handling their support via e-mail.

I’ve had a lot of success with putting in a ticket and communicating by email, but sometimes things do get lost and a phone call is necessary. Unfortunately for you guys, a call is a lot more expensive than for us in the States.

#5218 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

BTW Absolutely love my JJP.. so put down a deposit for a WOZ. cant wait!

Great move! The games work so well together in a collection because they are so different. DI is focused on modes and WOZ is focused on stacking. The layouts feel completely different, and while they both have plenty to shoot at, DI is a game with flow and WOZ is much more stop and go. I have both and love the contrast as I love both types of pin.

#5221 5 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

My WOZ is being delivered tomorrow and will sit next to my Dialed In

You mean like this:

E4AA9666-7DA7-4316-A518-D4BF3CDCB12E (resized).jpegE4AA9666-7DA7-4316-A518-D4BF3CDCB12E (resized).jpeg

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I haven't bought a pin in years, but we had a chance to play this at a barcade a few months ago. I think this might be my next pin. ...sigh pins are so pricey these days.
That being said there seem to be a ton of little issues here and there from the pages I've read. I know that the phone seems to be an issue, and that's a concern since it is the primary aspect of the game.

Don't let the issues you read here dissuade you from buying. There's lots of issues that need to be addressed in any NIB game. It's just the process of dialing it in (no pun intended). I haven't had many issues with the game other than having to get the right ramp to not reject balls so often (which I was able to do with some felt tape). This was my third NIB purchase, and I always had a few issues to deal with.

#5243 5 years ago

I think I've finally decided that hitting the SIM scoop is a matter of skill and not just random luck. I've gotten ok at hitting it with the upper flipper. By ok, I still mean I hit it less than 20% of the time, but that's just due to it being an extremely tight shot that you have to hit exactly. The skill comes in by getting the ball up to the upper flipper enough times without draining that you eventually hit it.

#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im looking for how others set their Phone VUK.
When I received mine, it was set to an impotent dribble of a throw.
I messed with the settings, and when I get it to the speed I like, it hits the bottom of the metal wire ramp.
So I bend down the VUK, and pull up the ramp, and its mostly solved, but the ramp return loop is slow and its not 100%.
Has anyone put additional washers on the wire ramp to raise it up with no issues?
Other solutions? Settings?
Appreciate the help, Ive messed with this for some time....

That doesn’t sound normal. Mine kicks it at a nice speed to the right flipper 80% of the time such that I can do a nice drop catch. The other 20% can be a bit more of a dribble so I have to stay on my toes. I’ve never had it hit the wireform.

1 week later
#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone experience ball deflects that bounce off of that ticket target and hit the crossing lower wireframe ramp? It happens sometimes along with the ball hitting the scoop rubber post to the left and jumping up hitting that wireframe. Left flipper is usually the suspect and strength is standard. I raised the wireform but still happens. Not all the time...

I sometimes get airballs that land on the wireform and head down it like I made a ramp shot.

Quoted from JayLar:

Anyone experience distorted sound on high notes in the music? Same with or without noise isolator and regardless of volume.

Check the wires going to the speakers in the back box. I had one with a shaky connection that was causing the high sounds and some voices to be low or distorted.

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Like nokoro I have been getting a lot of airballs that always land in the wireform that feeds the right flipper. Not a big deal, but it happens every game now and I’m confused as to why it’s happening. Also wanted to add that this game is a couple of code tweeks away from greatness. Like upper A game, top 5 greatness. One more monster code update with fixes, more balanced scoring, more oomph in the existing multiballs and some new multiballs, enhanced wizard modes and more utilization of the periphery modes/toys (Bob’s, drones, theater) we could be looking at a top 3 machine. I have a good feeling we’ll get there too, this thing is so great to shoot.

I know the code update is going to add a MB and some animations. Does anyone have solid reason to believe we’ll also get scoring tweaks in the BOB modes, MBs, etc.? I know we all here want some scoring tweaks and talk about it a lot. I just haven’t heard if we’ll actually get it.

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Can´t see anything strange about the cables. Should I remove the metal casing and look behind it as well?
Here´s a video of my game at volume 16 (not very high): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfdnj0sre4oj12k/2018-09-21%2019.00.53.mp4?dl=0
It´s the tearing sound towards the end that bugs me. Anyone else getting this (is it normal)?

That sounds a little different than what I was experiencing. Have you gone into test mode and run diagnostics on the speakers? When I did that, I very quickly discovered that I was having an intermittent problem with the right speaker. I did have to open up the metal casing and play with the wires going to the speakers to figure out that the wire was at fault.

#5344 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

Doing some more testing, including switching cables between left and right, I´ve found that the left speaker seems to be the culprit. It appears that it is cracked somehow, making a certain tone level sound teared up. This is very strange as I´ve never played the game above volume 17 (got very sensitive neighbours). Is it hard/expensive to switch out the speaker myself? Should I contact JJP and claim it under warranty?

Yes. Contact JJP. I’m not sure how hard it is to swap the speaker out. It is probably just a matter of working in a tight space more than anything, but I haven’t done it yet so I don’t know how tight it is.

#5361 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean.. why... like, in the WORLD. Would a rational thinking human think that’s a good idea ?

Agreed. There needs to be a crime for what they did to that DI pin. I would almost think it was a joke if there weren’t pictures.

#5365 5 years ago

That's funny. It looks like they only placed the phone case on top of the glass. Doesn't look like a mod to me.

Take a look at the pictures from the actual marketplace ad. There are more mods including replacing QED with the Joker.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/69430

#5378 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Is it supposed to go into the phone scoop? Mine randomly sometimes gets lucky and it drops it, but I think it's meant just to kick the ball out of the drain lane

Correct. It is not meant to go in the phone scoop.

Quoted from FatPanda:

This guy is the guy with the Michael Jackson "Moonwalking Dead." He also did a retheme of another machine to Disney/Pixar Cars. Cant remember which game it was though. He's done other stuff. But yeah, I'm lukewarm to his mods and retheming.

It’s just such a weird theme because Suicide Squad has nothing at all to do with the rest of the game. It’s like just sticking random decorations on a game. It is not even a retheme. It is just slapping on three random toys from a totally different theme. That said, people can do what they want, and if they like that, that’s fine.

#5395 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Reg. the SW update: I would like to see always what a mystery delivery award I got. Everytime something else is on the theater screen it just don’t show the award...

Yeah, I agree. I noticed that too and am often in the dark about what award I received.

#5398 5 years ago

I’m sure everyone else probably knows this, but I just discovered that on the left ramp hurry-up, you can hit it over and over for increasing amounts of points. I just scored a decent amount by doing that.

#5401 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Wait, what? Are you saying that I can keep hitting the left ramp repeatedly for these points?

Yep. I found that if you hit it and hold the left flipper up, the ball upon return will roll off the flipper onto the right to allow you to hit the left ramp over and over for increasing points. It’s pretty cool.

#5412 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The flippers feel different than what I'm used to; not as snappy as Sterns, but I'm learning to get accustomed to them.

You can adjust the power in settings. Also, perhaps check the leaf switches if you feel there is a lag.

Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm going to order Titan rings to replace the standard rubber. One of them is already broke. The game doesnt look too bad to get to all of the rings, so that'll be a welcomed improvement.

What’s the build date? The more recent builds come with Titans.

#5426 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I got to Chaos in Quantum City last night and didnt even realize I had gotten that far! Awesome! I need to read up on the rules a little bit more

Quoted from ralphs007:

I've only reached Chaos in Quantum City a couple of times. I don't even know how I got there. I'm guessing that you need 1,500,000 in points,for it to start?

You just need to start 6 disaster modes. After the 6th, the phone scoop will be lit for CiQC.

#5444 5 years ago

I find the flippers to be tough to find the sweet spot. If you set the right one too soft, it will have trouble with the left orbit. If you set it too strong, you will get air balls off the posts and scoop. Also, I've noticed that both JJP pins I've had (WOZ and DI) are very susceptible to fluctuations in current over time (e.g., in the summer when the AC is running) such that you do need to change the settings on the coils from time to time.

#5461 5 years ago

For those that have gotten your manual, did you get a reply or any type of shipment confirmation from JJP after putting a ticket in the support portal? Approximately how long between putting the ticket in and getting the manual did it take?

#5465 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

I got a reply the very next day after putting in a service ticket for my DI manual. One day after that, I received another email saying it was being shipped. JJP customer service is the best!

I put in a ticket last Wednesday and never got a response. I’ll call tomorrow. Thanks.

#5472 5 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I ordered the same day as you and have not received any confirmation. Did you call today and was it necessary to call?

I spoke to them today. They have my ticket, and I'm in the queue. It seems like there are a lot of parts orders, and they are just going through the line.

#5502 5 years ago

I also think of games that allow and reward for stacking of modes/features and those that don’t. WOZ is all about stacking. DI has almost no reward for stacking, though it sometimes helps to stack a particular mode with a MB. From what I’ve seen about JJPOTC, it is also heavily about stacking, though I haven’t played it enough to say for sure.

#5555 5 years ago

I love the theater magnet too. My only slightly quibble is that it would be great to get the theater modes to behave more like the physical devices they are replicating. For example, don't have the bash toy catch the ball for so long. Same with the drop targets. Again, just a slight quibble . . .

#5561 5 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

What about ball parking in the groove of the Moving Target Sculpture till the system starts the search for balls?
How often does it happen in your DI?

Every once in a while. Not too often. If it happens too often for you, perhaps check the pitch of your game.

#5582 5 years ago

Quantum Theatre MB looks really cool. I couldn’t quite follow all the rules. It sounds like you have to activate every theater mode and then hit the theater in that mode a couple of times. I think this will be hard for me, but I have never played the game just focusing on the theater modes, so maybe it is more doable than I think. Either way, it is nice to have another option for how to play other than just advancing through the disaster modes. All in all, looks like a pretty great code update.

#5627 5 years ago

The scratch ticket feature is the same for me, even after adjusting the camera sensitivity. The first one I have to scratch. The second one scratches itself. The third I usually have to scratch. Etc. Could be coincidence, but it happens this way pretty consistently.

#5631 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Is there any discussion comparing the Mantis and the Cliffy protectors for the phone hole?
To me the mantis protector looks like it wouldn't interfere with shooting the hole. But I am not convinced it will protect the edge of the hole from getting roached.
Any insights, experiences or other thing to consider?

I’ve never had a problem with the cliffy and being able to hit the scoop. I don’t know about the mantis.

#5641 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I just followed the instructions to add some extra light to the backbox by installing additional LED stripes. This worked perfectly and looks great. Only the camera seems to be also more present due to the hole being lighted as well. Maybe I need to add something around the camera to avoid light to get there...
But: it feels like the additional lightning also changed the hole game. All coils feel like they lost power. Is the GI of the backbox somehow connected to the coil power? Does the additional power consumption of the additional LEDs (even if it's small) pull power from the coils? I cannot really believe it, but without a detailed circuit plan it is difficult to find out.
My impression is, every coil seems a little weak, but you can really say the upper right flipper changed definetly. I had to adjust the strength up by 1 to make it feel the same to shoot the left ramp. Also the kickout from the trough needed an adjustment to serve the shooter lane as before.
Does someone else had the same results after adding LEDs to the backbox?
Thanks,
Lars

I find the coils in both WOZ and DI seem to fluctuate in power slightly throughout the year. For example, in hotter months when the AC is on, they feel a little weaker.

For you, it could be a coincidence and that the voltage is just a little less at the moment for some reason or maybe the added lighting is just taking some of the juice. As long as you can adjust the strength of the coils in settings to get back to the original feel, I wouldn’t worry about it.

#5648 5 years ago
Quoted from Bellagio:

I had the opportunity to play one with the new code at Expo. I can’t say anything was drastically different. The changes are pretty subtle. Scoring seems a little more balanced as far as crazy modes and multiball. I couldn’t even get close to the new theatre multiball. The JJP rep told me that they also added some more character animations. Didn’t hear of any problems with it.

Quoted from Bellagio:

Honestly, I didn’t get a whole lot of plays on it since I wanted to play other games at the show and didn’t want to stand in line to play a game that I have at home... I’m sure I’ll see plenty of things that I missed when I get to sit down and really play it.

I'm viewing the update in a few ways.

1. More polish to finish off the animations and stuff.

2. Score balancing. The game really needed this. It isn't anything that you would notice from a few games, but it will make playing the MBs not seem like such a waste of time anymore.

3. A completely new way to approach the game -- get to QTMB instead of CiQC or Armageddon. Like you, I doubt I will come close to achieving this in most games. But, owning the game at home probably means that every once in a while, I will. It just sets up a new approach to the game, and that is nice to see.

The game was pretty complete up until this point. It is nice that they are doing this much.

#5663 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anybody know if they've stated that this is the final code update? I know the manuals just went out, but I'm hoping there might be future tweaks.

I don’t know, but my guess is that this is it. There may be a bug fix here or there, but I’m guessing the major rules and updates are done.

#5693 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Anyone find any issues with the manual?
Just got mine today, and there is a printing issue throughout the entire book. I used to work in printing, so I'm maybe picky, but it's pretty bad. It really shows in the last part of the book with the pictures and artwork. Bummed!
This shows the dirty rollers/low ink issue that runs over every other page of the book.
[quoted image]
Here is some smudging. I could only find two pages with it.
[quoted image]

Mine is like that in the last set of pages going over the production of the game. I haven’t checked all the other pages, but from what I saw, the main sections looked good.

#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Had two SIM cards lit, ball drained. Launch the ball and hit the sim shot from the upper flipper first shot, then on the return hit the Big Bang and bounced into the sim shot not once, but twice in a row. So drained with two lit, then made the shot three times in a row with three shots. Had to change the game after that one

Yep. That’s how the game goes. DIE is evil and they taunt you like that.

#5756 5 years ago
Quoted from chill:

This is me.
Typical decent game = play 3-4 modes, complete 1 with Big Bang, complete 1 by hitting all shots, crap out on two modes, miss 1 sim card, magically bank off drone area and make 1 sim. Hit another Big Bang on accident with no mode started. 300,000-600,000 points.
Feel shame.
Press Start again.

Yep. That sounds familiar.

#5758 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you saying the number of hits increases to light Big Bang?

Yes. Each time you light it, it takes more hits the next time to light. It is color coded. Red is one hit away. Orange two. Yellow three. Blue or green is next.

#5850 5 years ago

Question: Two of my drones are acting up in that the propellers don't spin. If I give them a couple of rotations by hand, they spin again, but only for a few times, and then they seize up again. Reading other posts, it seems that these drones are a common problem. I'm worried that if I get new ones, the same thing will happen eventually. Is it worth it for me to put a ticket in? The drones are cool, but I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of replacing them only to have the new ones fail as well.

#5881 5 years ago

Thanks all for the responses about the drones. It sounds like it may not be worth replacing as the new ones will likely fail at some point. I think it is a cool toy, but I also don't really notice them going off during game play. I may call Frank at JJP just to hear his thoughts. I'm also wondering whether I should put in a ticket just so they have a record of when my failed in case they come up with a more permanent fix. However, even if they get more robust drones, I just don't see these as parts that will last for a lengthy amount of time.

#5965 5 years ago

Collecting SIM cards during CIQC! Woo hoo!

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Maybe someone can give me the download link? Already ask Jen but still no reply. Thanks

You’ll likely need to wait until Monday. I don’t think people will post the link as it would violate the trust of JJP.

I’m not yet a member of the Google group. I keep meaning to ask. Still, I can wait until all the bugs are sorted out before getting the code.

#6136 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

My Theater screen has a blue tinge (see pics). I just updated to the beta code but not sure if it happened after this or not, i just noticed it for the first time after updating. Any thoughts on what could be up?[quoted image][quoted image]

I would start by finding the cables and reseating them, making sure you have a good connection.

Quoted from koops:

Question regarding the front door volume control.
I’ve noticed that you can toggle it’s usage in the menu between a couple of settings.
Is it expected behaviour that you can only turn it down and not up? Do I have a faulty switch?
It would be nice if it could be used to go up to the only the maximum of what was set via the coin door controls.
This would stop someone from making it super loud yet still allow usage up and down.

My front door volume button changes volume both up and down.

#6159 5 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Also, anyone else have trouble getting the playfield back in place after lifting? It almost seems like the rails are installed too far forward, by about 1/2".
[quoted image]

Did you remove the packing foam at the back end of the playfield during set up?

EDIT: Never mind. Just noticed you bought HUO not NIB. Sorry.

#6166 5 years ago

I'm having an issue where the e-clip on my shooter rod is brushing against the top of my automatic plunger and messing up my plunges. I can loosen the shooter housing and move it back and forth but not up and down, so I'm having trouble correcting this. Anyone have this issue and know of a solution?

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You're playfield hooks may have bent down due to the weight of the playfield and shipping.

Thanks. I've never had that happen before. What's the best way to adjust them or bend them back?

#6172 5 years ago

Hmmm. The hooks seem ok, but the metal seat they sit in may be slightly off on the side near the plunger. I'm not sure how to remove or take care of that.

I came up with a lazy man's solution and added a small amount of weather stripping to lift that side just slightly (see last picture). So far it works like a charm. Anything wrong with this approach? Thanks for all the help so far!

IMG_0287 (resized).JPGIMG_0287 (resized).JPGIMG_0288 (resized).JPGIMG_0288 (resized).JPGIMG_0289 (resized).JPGIMG_0289 (resized).JPGIMG_0290 (resized).JPGIMG_0290 (resized).JPG

IMG_0291 (resized).JPGIMG_0291 (resized).JPG

#6182 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Looks like you have a bent lockdown housing. Looks like a factory QC issue to me as the latches should have bent before the entire housing, but who knows. You'd have to take that out and bend it straight.
The only issue with your solution is PF leveling. If your PF is level in relationship to the cab, that would work. I would pull it and fix it or contact JJP support to get a new one. Should't be too hard to fix if you have some shop tools.

I’m still level after my solution, but perhaps I should do what you say. How do I get the thing out? There are bolts through the front of the cab that hold it in, but the bolts have round heads and no grooves for a screw driver. I’m not sure how to turn them. I’m also not sure I have the tools for this so I may have to call JJP.

But perhaps since I’m level and have a solution that seems to work, I just leave it alone and watch it to make sure it doesn’t get worse . . . .

#6188 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Just wanted to say I have this same issue, the hooks have never lined up and I have to slam the pf around to get it to settle. I’ll be following your search for a solution

Have you looked at your latch mechanism to see if it seems bent like mine? I’d be curious to know.

Right now, I’m leaning to my lazy solution with the weather stripping while keeping an eye on the latch mechanism unless anyone thinks I shouldn’t for some reason.

I’m also curious how I would even get the thing out given those bolts with the rounded heads. Is there a tool for those bolts?

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

What are some mods that you guys put on that you'd recommend to others? The sub is a great add-on idea. Anything for the game itself?

The game doesn't really need any mods in my opinion -- it is so loaded already -- except for one. The stock black plastic shooter rod looks kind of cheap compared to the rest of the game. This "blackberry" one from Chrome Candy that I just installed is awesome and fits the game perfectly!

IMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0283 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPGIMG_0284 (resized).JPG

#6211 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Looks great - I just tried to find them but see no shooters in chrome candys shop...

Maybe you have the wrong website?

https://chromecandy.com/collections/all/products/pinball-shooter-rod-blackberry

1 week later
#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Sounds like there will be another update next week to address some minor bugs.

Is that confirmed? As much as I want to install the code, if we are just a week away from another update, I may wait.

#6296 5 years ago

I'd install it now, for almost everything I read in Teds replies about addressing some things is not at this time. So who knows how long before one gets released again and it's pretty awesome at 1.57 right now.

Ok . . . . you convinced me.

#6302 5 years ago

Stuck ball picture of the day. Of course, this happened during a great million plus point game. And, I had to waste my two Tilt warnings to free it. Luckily, I did free it and was able to finish the game, but it threw me off, and I drained soon after.

IMG_0296 (resized).JPGIMG_0296 (resized).JPG

#6325 5 years ago

I just updated to 1.57. Some things seem easier. For instance, it seems to take less hits to start the Quantum Theater modes. Is that right? This probably makes sense as to make it easier to get to QTMB. Also, I now noticed a grace period after a mode ends. One of my modes ended and then I hit big bang a second later and got a completion award. This never happened before, so I believe it is new. Has anyone else noticed that?

#6327 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Grace period has always been there. Theatre modes are easier.

Thanks. Never realized that about grace periods before. It always seemed like when the timer ran out, I was cut off immediately.

#6330 5 years ago

I'm loving the new code!

When I first heard about QTMB, I thought that's nice, but I'll probably rarely see it. But the way they changed things around and made qualifying the QT modes easier definitely makes it doable. I've been concentrating on reaching it and have already qualified it once (but then drained) and gotten 3/4 of the way there a second time. And, all that was just in a half dozen games. So, I'm sure I'll reach it soon.

I do think the opening Bob animation is creepy, though. I prefered him when his lips didn't move.

#6339 5 years ago

I just got to QTMB for the first time. I'm really digging it, but I need to know the rules more. I have to go look for the video explaining them. Can anyone briefly describe what the jackpots are? I need to try to stack it because my performance was kind of lackluster. I still had a 700,000+ point game just going for the multiball and not really concentrating on the modes that much, so that's cool.

The new code is really intense. Everything feels like a hurry up, and I've been swearing at my machine more than ever. The code really takes things to a new level. Well done, JJP crew!

#6352 5 years ago

So, how do you qualify QTMB? I thought you had to make two shots in each QT mode, but it seems like all you have to do is activate each QT mode whether you make the shots or not. Is that right?

#6354 5 years ago

Is that a change from the beta release? I could have sworn that I heard them say during the early stream of the new code that you had to hit each QT mode at least two times to count it for your progression towards the multiball. But, perhaps I misheard, and they were just talking about qualifying the QT modes in the first place.

Anyway, I think the whole QTMB adds a layer of strategy to this game that wasn't there before. DI was always a really fun game, but there wasn't much strategy to it other than advancing through the modes and trying to collect SIM cards. Now, I think the strategy comes in trying to time QTMB to stack it with something else in order to maximize points. I've only reached it twice so far, and both times, I've just gone for it right away because I was excited. But now I may try to wait and qualify another MB at the same time. I assume that if you stack Under Attack MB with it that it turns into a 5 ball multiball, is that right?

#6368 5 years ago

What’s your highest bonus? I just got a couple of 100,000+ bonuses in a row. That never happened for me on the old code.

#6378 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Super beyond f'ing thrilled and excited to be finally joining the club very shortly
The game I'm acquiring is bareback but comes with a set of uninstalled protectors. Don't mind the work to slap 'em in but concerned about rejected shots. Is the general consensus to install or leave as-is in a home environment?

Definitely install the cliffys. You will risk chipping if you don't. If you get genuine cliffys, you won't have reject problems.

#6384 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Some buddy suggested replacing the ramp flap. The ramp flap might be a little too thick causing the ball to go airborne. I was thinking about maybe installing a longer ramp flap so if the ball would go a little airborn from a fast shot the ball will be settled down before it makes that sharp turn were it rejects occasionally.

Some of us have just put a small piece of sticky felt right before the curve at ball height. It slows down the ball slightly and completely solved the problem for me, eliminating rejected shots as well. There’s a photo of where to place it somewhere in this thread.

#6394 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/26#post-4048873
For those like me that don't want to go searching.
Thanks for sharing this Nokoro and originally Cooked71 . The rejects are driving me crazy and it is great to have this easy fix.

It's even a key post! This is a pretty well indexed thread. I wish others were like this one.

#6403 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

Has anyone had speaker issues with this game? I'm getting some distortion, usually at volume levels higher than 22. It's most noticeable on the organ parts of songs.
It seems like it's coming from the left speaker. I put it in speaker test, everything is fine, except when I get to "high". Most noticeably, the left high is louder than the right. It also seems like there's some distortion there, but hard to tell in that test alone.
I swapped the speaker input wires and it's isolated to the those speakers.

I had a similar problem, but mine was with the wire. When you say you swapped the input wires, do you mean the ones that are soldered onto the speaker? If not, try moving those around to see if that helps. I had to zip tie one of the wires up to prevent it from bending and causing a problem. I have a spare wire from JJP in case it comes back.

1 week later
#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Received my NIB Dialed LE yesterday and so far it’s a big letdown. After 5 min in attrack mode it turned itself off with only the fans running. Switched the power off/on and all oke except the 27” monitor, dead as a dodo. Connected an external momitor to the DVi cable and got image. Tested the 12v connector going to the monitor and it gets 12v, so dead monitor. Contacted JJP support (36 min call from europe to US) and they will send me a new monitor coming monday/tuesday but that will take prob 2 weeks hoping the holidays won’t make it a lot longer.
Then I see that 2 inserts of the dialed in text next to the left slingshot are not showing the white color therefore not making all colors. So that board needs to be replaced. Filled in a tech request on the JJP site and now waiting for a responce.
And to top it off my shooter rod rings before the rubber tip hits the autolaunch metal. I know that I can adjust the shooterhouse but at the lowest point it still hits the metal....
I know that JJP will solve it all at the end but it’s not what I expected QA wise from a NIB machine.
Now have to wait weeks before I can normally play it.

Really sorry to hear about your problems. JJP will make it right, and you will soon be playing an awesome game.

As for your shooter problems, please see my post here for an easy fix:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/124#post-4680953

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I'm thinking of just removing the upper playfield and have the pinball drop always into the popbumpers. Any thoughts ?

Heck no!

#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

on factory setting, how is the outpost/right outlane position ? i suppose at the middle ?
on mine its close at max (previous owner), and i want to play as evbd else
tanx

Yes, middle.

#6509 5 years ago

So I guess 1.60 was released on the 12th?? Not sure how I missed this. I haven’t read any posts about it here. I’ve been running 1.57 for a month now and loving it.
JJP website says..
“==============================================================================
== Version 1.60 December 12, 2018 ==
== 1.60 ISO image MD5 checksum: 69e5af7d43af7f8455ca048c40584af8 ==
==============================================================================
- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release
=== Game Code
* Fixed ability to cancel Disaster Mode intro phone call by hitting both flippers
* Fixed occasional game reboot when multiple high score champ entries made
* Fixed trap door updater to close door when awards are not available
* Adjusted usage of drones
* Polished up some lamp, speech, and music choreography
* Fixed airplane banner and UFO animations
=== Core Code
* Fixed UK pricing presets
=== OS
* Support for newer motherboards”
I’m curious about the drone adjustments. Awesome!
Junky

Interesting. I wonder why this is a full game install instead of a delta upgrade.

#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Any other ideas? So I tried some Velcro tape on the ball trail for the right ramp, but on fast shots it bounces back quite often.
[quoted image]
In this pic, you can see a vertical "ball trail" on the left of the left orbit exit ->
[quoted image]
Which tells me that the ball is getting airborne from the ramp leading up to it. The metal flap in front of the front is ever so slightly raised a bit, which could be a problem though I don't know how to make flush since its riveted into the ramp...

Try lowering the power on the left flipper slightly.

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

New LE owner here. 2 questions. Are you using stock flipper strength? Mine feel a little weak. It's a HUO games bought less than a year ago, shouldn't need a rebuild yet.
2nd, is this a broken post or is something missing?
[quoted image]

JJP flipper strength varies a lot from home to home. It even varies throughout the year as air conditioning takes away power. The flipper strength, like the strength of all coils in the game, is very adjustable. Don’t hesitate to bump it up to a level that suits you. I often readjust a few times each year.

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, unfortunately I already have done that (to make things like the theater shot easier). Hopefully there is some other thing I can try before I resign to just accept fast right ramp shots have a high possibility of backfiring.

Hmmm. Maybe a longer strip of Velcro tape. The trick is to slow it down enough so it doesn’t jump or bounce back.

#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Wouldn't that also negatively affect every other shot too like slower shots now not making it because it slows down too much, or the auto plunger now not making it, etc?

I think it is a balance. You want to find the sweet spot between slowing down the really hard shots and not the others. Also, the auto plunge strength can be adjusted to compensate.

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when playing quantum theatre multiball, the animation at the theatre is loosy like in... the twilight zone
not sure this is intended !? i have a doubt, as all is perfect before, and all is perfect after
(code 1.57)

Yes, that is normal and intended.

#6615 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

I'd appreciate some assistance with my DI. I've been having enormous problems with the BOB Trapdoor. I'm getting "trapdoor malfunctions" almost every time I start the machine. When I lift the playfield and examine the mechanism with the playfield flipped 90 degrees in the upright position, I can make the trapdoor open and close at will no matter how many times I try it. When I put the playfield down and test the trapdoor, again I can make it work up and down virtually no matter how many times I try it. The moment we start a new game and when it comes time for the trapdoor to open, it fails to open and pulling up the test reveal "Trapdoor Malfunction" again.
I have silicon lubed the hell out of the trapdoor mechanism - nothing appears to be sticking. I've tightened the screw holding the release solenoid and ensured it is square with respect to the release flange. I then test the mechanism again and go through the same nonsense trying unsuccessfully to get it to fail, until I put the playfield down and start the process again. One other thing - the smaller solenoid handling the trapdoor release gets hot when the mechanism "locks" - so hot that it heats the surrounding metal significantly. I just can't work out why it stops working.
Appreciate any assistance on this.

When you say you are testing it with the playfield down, do you mean you are testing it through the service menu? And it works then, in test mode?

#6654 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Must be ne not knowing the rules well enough but it usually surprises me when the mechanic diverter is down and the pinball gets on the mini playfield.
Nudging it in the top lane is not an option as I am too slow to realize where the ball is (passed the top rubber).
Is there an audio cue when the mechanic diverter goes down (or up again) ? Flasher in the back active?

It’s down if ball lock is lit or in certain modes like acid rain.

1 week later
#6757 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I'm still wondering about the plexi mini playfield - is it really only for the mission Acid Rain? All the effort with the robot diverter and the mini playfield sounds wasteful for one mission only, doesn't it?

It also just changes up the game. When lock is lit, you can't hit the left ramp expecting the ball to return to the left flipper. You have to take care of the lock first. So, it requires some thought about your shots and when to do what. I personally like it.

#6760 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That's reasonable. Nevertheless the mini playfield does not have any special function to get more points or similar (like in TZ)?

I think pops may be worth more if you get it in through the hole. I could be wrong.

#6791 5 years ago

Is EMP mode like 10x more dangerous in the version 1.57 of the code than it was in 1.52, or is it just me? I used to complete it relatively often. Now, the ball is flung all over the place, and I drain more often than not.

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

In my opinion, the EMP mode is equally dangerous in 1.52 and 1.57 code. The magnets make my ball aggressively fly around everywhere.
My problem is, I'm too competitive to allow that mode to time out with the ball sitting on my flipper. I always try to complete the mode and get pissed when my ball drains 7 out of 10 times.

It was certainly dangerous before, but I swear the magnet activity has substantially increased with 1.57.

#6822 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just to let me know, what is your combos hi-score ?
i'm now at 31... i think its a lot, but i have nothing to compare !?
tanx

What's the default combo high score? I'm one above that.

#6827 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What's the default combo high score? I'm one above that.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

to be honest, dont know/remember...
btw, it is showed while in attrack mode, than check & tell me later
tanx

My combo high score is seven.

#6829 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Default combo high score is five. I just tied you tonight!

Oops. So, I’m two above default combo. Woo hoo!

#6876 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

I raised the power because I wanted to make the ramp shots easier and felt the flippers were a bit weak. This has been discussed earlier in this thread. You don't need to be condesceding when I was just trying to give the others who raised the power a tip.

JJP pins have notoriously low default flipper power and many of us raise it to make it play better at home. If you go too far, you lower it. I agree with you. Nothing wrong in adjusting it to what works and feels best.

#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Apology in advance though I Did try skimming through the 138 pages for the answer. I just joined the DILE club and noticed the drones really rarely if at all ever go on? I played a DI long ago when it first came out and swear the were spinning like crazy then. I did test each drone in test mode and all function perfectly. Is there a setting I am overlooking or did I just imagine they did more? Thanks for any direction. What a fun game we are loving it so far.

If you are on code version 1.60+, they substantially lessened the use of the drones to save on the motors.

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Question about the wizard modes. Last night I finally got to both Showdown and Armageddon. I first spelled Dialed In and began Showdown. On the next ball, I finished making it through all the disaster modes and then began Armageddon.
But if I had finished making it through the modes before spelling Dialed In, would Showdown have started when completing the modes, or is it exclusive to spelling Dialed In?

Showdown is exclusive to spelling Dialed In I believe.

#6926 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Anyone know how to fix the camera if the pictures it’s taking are the ceiling?

Go into test mode and see if it recognizes your face. If not, it takes pictures of other things at times. You can adjust the recognition sensitivity.

#6966 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

For whatever it's worth, I've had NOTHING but EXCELLENT customer support experiences with JJP for my Dialed In AND my WOZ in 2017 and 2018.
Those folks have done A LOT for me...going ABOVE & BEYOND the level of support I expected to receive...on multiple occasions!

Ditto. If you don’t get a response immediately, just call them, wait until you talk to someone live, and you will be taken care of right away.

#6994 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

My daughter (she's 16) and I are super excited to take possession of a DI in the next couple of weeks. Weird random question that I can't seem to find anywhere... what is the purpose of the upper playfield? I've played the game a dozen times are so on location and I recall my ball getting shunted in there by the quantum mechanic person, but aside from disruption and random falling, not sure of its purpose or objective. Is there anything secret going on up there or when the ball falls through the hole?

It just adds some randomness. And there are some modes that take advantage of it, like Acid Rain where you try to shoot the ball up the left ramp and into the pops if you can. Also, having the ball fall into the pops through the hole gives more points.

Anyway, congrats on your upcoming purchase!

#6996 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The randomness is mostly the only thing I think, it's a nice gimmick nothing more, nevertheless I miss a controllable mini playfield - in DI you can not influence anything on it. Wish it would have been more like in TZ...

You just need to get better at nudging.

1 week later
#7067 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What do you mean by new callouts? Which software revisions?
Btw, taking possession of one this week, and admittedly a little freaked out about all the “issues” with phone screens going blank, 1.61 slow performance etc. I’m assuming these issues are anomalies vs systemic? Also, what is the consensus on what software I should be running on? My plan all along was to keep it up to date, but now I’m having second thoughts. What do you all think?

There are plenty of machines out there without phone problems. It just seems that a not insignificant number of people do have some issues.

As for software, I would keep it at 1.57 for the time being. They will be fixing the bugs with 1.61 at some point and you can update then. In the meantime, 1.57 has all features and is nearly bug free.

1 week later
#7148 5 years ago

I prefer the ultimate wizard mode to be nearly out of reach for me as it always gives me something to strive for, that thing I have yet to reach. There are plenty of achievements to get along the way, like CIQC and Armageddon to make me feel good. I’m thrilled if I get 3 SIM cards, and I’m fine with just that.

That said, I think it is fine if people want to change their own settings. It is all about whether the pin is enjoyable for you. Different people want different things.

#7199 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I know a couple of pages back people were talking about the phone screen dying... So I just had a weird experience I'll share. The game is singing along quite a bit- lots going on, selfie or emojis, 3 ball attack multi ball, sim card lit, big bang, etc. And I'm crushing. Jackpots, super jackpots, etc... The energy the game is really humming along... the BAM.... ALL SCREENS, backbox, theater, and phone all go dead at once... No light, powered down. Sounds, LEDs, and all coils continued as is, as did my high score selfie and name (which I entered as B) because I couldn't see the screen.
I felt like I overloaded something or threw the processor or transformer for a ride it was not prepared for. 1.57 software.
Anyone else experience such a thing?
Re-booted and all is well, several games later.

I’m not sure I would worry about it unless it happens again. It is a computer so sometimes random issues happen. Perhaps check all connectors to make sure they’re tight.

1 week later
#7255 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, here we go.
Here are two vids of a normal moving shot up the right orbit/ramp.
Side view:
Straight on:
And...a really fast moving ball.
Side view Fast moving ball:
Straight on Fast Moving ball:
Basically...yeah, the ball is getting airborne and actually bouncing a bit when it hits the ramp then going OVER the switch.
In the past...I was having an issue with a fast moving ball going into the left orbit lane....because it was hitting the metal flap in front of the ramp, getting airborne, and going into the left orbit. I fixed that by making a smooth transition with electrical tape. ->
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/132#post-4742656
Its possible that the ramp is still not smooth enough so its still getting airborne a bit from the ramp entry. Not sure of another solution.
This slight issue isn't a dealbreaker….90+% of right ramp shots are still registering correctly. Its just those balls that have some speed on them already, get hit by the flipper, go up the ramp perfectly so its nice and smooth....those are the problem ones. Which is unfortunate...because the smoothest/fastest/most satisfying shots up the ramp don't register 100%.

Have you tried adding a piece of felt tape to the side entrance of the ramp? I did, and it slows down the ball just enough. Somewhere in this thread someone posted pictures of where to put it. It is probably a key post.

(Apologies if you already mentioned that you tried this. I get lost in these lengthy threads sometimes.)

#7257 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, I know...this is a large thread. I did mention this in my post ->

But yes, I did do the felt, and switched to the tape since it seemed to fix the airball problem more than the felt. Looks like I'm still getting lift on the ball with very fast balls and now its just manifesting in a different way (bouncing over the switch instead of going into the left orbit).

Perhaps turn your flipper power down a tad on the left flipper and put the felt back on? That airballs looked pretty severe.

Great videos by the way. It really shows what exactly is happening.

#7265 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have had my game only a week now. Loving it. Couple of questions. Every time I hit the flipper buttons I am awarded 10 points. Is that supposed to happen? Doesn't seem right. Also, why no extra ball insert? I find this odd as well or am I missing something. Took me awhile to figure out which shot awarded the extra ball.
Thanks
Gerry

Go into switch test mode and bang around your playfield with your fist. The vibration of the flippers is likely triggering a switch that is gapped too close. This will help you find it.

2 weeks later
#7366 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Regarding Quantum Theater Multiball - what are we trying to do once we start it - just keep hitting the theater? Or are there some other goals and strategies?

The jackpots are the ramps, the drone target, the spider target and the QED guy with values related to how well you did in the corresponding qualifying modes. Once you hit one of each, the theatre is lit for a super jackpot.

#7399 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When DI first came out, it had no scoop protector in the sim hole and i could hit the shot accurately with no rejects. It made for a much better DI experience. Now that every DI in the world has scoop protectors, i cannot hit the shot for the life of me. I’m wondering if anyone has removed their protector and how their sim hole has held up since? If i ever got this game, i would be very tempted to remove it.

I recall seeing a bunch of posts early on with substantial wear at the SIM hole without the protectors. I have a cliffy protector and am not sure how much of a difference it makes in terms of difficulty. It is the single most powerful shot in the game, so it makes sense to be difficult. I think the frustration comes in that nailing it seems rather random instead of a matter of aim. It is one of those things that you need to use strategy to get. Start a multiball or play a mode like Meteor when you have SIM card lit to try to get a ball to bounce in.

3 weeks later
#7505 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

What's a good replacement shooter rod for Dialed In?
Thanks
Gerry

Quoted from crwjumper:

Chrome Candy rods are on most of my pins. Solid metal in many different colors. Very nice!

I have the chrome candy blackberry one. Goes great with the armor on the LE.

#7530 5 years ago

Funniest callout I've heard in the game so far -- after tilting during Alien Invasion: "Oh no, now we're all going to get probed!"

#7549 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like my lastest phone replacement is a winner. It hasn't blacked out once since I installed it.

Shhh! Say no more. You'll jinx it.

#7568 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Also, ball gets caught up behind the QE man on the track pretty regularly. Anything I can do to ensure it bounces off of the back of him and stays in play?
Thanks guys!

Welcome to the club! Raise your pitch a little and that may help.

#7584 5 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Picked up a DI LE today.
Great game, I'm really enjoying it.
Is there any way to make the Crazy Bob awards random?
I checked the menu but couldn't find a adjustment.

I believe they are random.

#7591 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Might be joining the club soon. Can anyone tell me the major issues I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.

I would just read through the key posts so you get a feel for what adjustments might need to be made and what to look for. I believe all the major issues have been addressed and made into a key post.

#7611 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

drones not all working.

True, but I wouldn't let that keep me from making a purchase. I think drone problems are pretty common, and you hardly notice them going off in the game anyway. I had heard JJP was coming out with more robust drones, but I'm not sure what happened with that.

#7653 5 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi Everyone
Just picked up a Dialed In, have got a few light out in the areas shown in the photo. Please can some one advice how and what to do before I start tinkering.
Thankyou Simon
[quoted image]

Start with the basics by checking the connectors to that board. Reseat them if they are plugged in. Do this with the power off.

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

To all you owners or frequent players... what is your highest score to date, what does a typical "great" game top out at for you... my highest score is only 2.38 million and I've had what I consider some pretty good games. All settings standard except I have the sim card carryover set. Code 1.57 and I've probably only achieved Chaos on quantum city like 7 or so times in about 6 months of ownership. How often are you all getting to Chaos as an example? I feel like I'm doing great if I've collected 3 sim cards... what say you owners or frequent players?

That sounds about right for me, except without the SIM card carryover. It is a tough game!

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Mine keeps kicking them out. Is there a way to change this in the menu? Thanks in advance!

Check to see if there is a setting for virtual ball locks and turn it off. I can’t remember if there is one, but I can look later. I bet there is.

1 week later
#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have a game setup question. Is it correct that if you have the game set up on a level floor with the leg levelers screwed all the way into the legs both front and back, the game should be at a 6.5 degree pitch? You don't need to elevate the rear levelers?
Thanks
Gerry

Never seems to be true in my house.

#7724 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Loving my Dialed In! Got my static noise fixed with the ground loop. Sounds great now.
I am having an issue I can't figure out why it is happening. Only sometimes when I get multi-ball, my right flipper will give out a little causing a flickering of the flipper. I am thinking a power issue??? The crazy thing is that it does not happen very much. Any advice? Thanks! Tom

Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol its a feature in mb ... di attacks your flippers.. you need to hit a shot to stop it.. you need to read up on the rule sheet...

This really gave me a chuckle. Welcome to the club PinballT!

#7726 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Wow! Never knew this. I was freaking out that something was wrong. I never read map or how to do for directions, I just jump in. . Maybe I should start reading into the pinball rules more! . Thanks Guys!

Well, think of the bright side. At least you didn’t spend hours adjusting the EOS switch to try to make it stop.

There’s some good YouTube tutorials on gameplay, but I believe most preceded the current code with Quantum Theatre MB. Still, they’ll give you the basics.

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So is this game pretty much done for code or do they still need to add anything?

It’s done. Just a few bug fixes left. When they added Quantum Theatre MB, it was a pretty substantial update that really added a lot. I don’t think anything more of substance is left.

#7731 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But isn't it 1.61 still? There are clearly issues with it? Plus some animations are still missing?

1.57 has the complete code from a rules and animations perspective. They made a few updates with 1.61, nothing to do with rules, but some purported bugs were introduced. For this reason, a lot of us are staying at 1.57 until the bugs get sorted out in another update. But, to answer your original question, the code is done for almost all substantive aspects.

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just bought a new dialed in LE. Anyone know what code has been
shipping on these lately?

You should be able to check in settings or upon start up what version you have.

#7760 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

As in make a level game unlevel a tad?
Marcus

Just a tad.

#7774 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They just need to make the Bob targets
changeable

I’m becoming a big believer in this idea. It has been weeks if not months since I’ve gotten to one of the crazy Bob MBs. I really like them and would like to see them more. They are a lot of fun and would add tremendously to the game if you could get to them. Also, I never advance beyond 2x bonus multiplier since it is so hard to achieve.

Here’s hoping they are listening and do it. It would seemingly be an easy tweak.

2 weeks later
#7847 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

My shooter rod black ball/handle cracked apart....again. Its the second time this happened. This one only lasted maybe 30 games. Anyone else have this problem and is there a premium aftermarket shooter rod to replace it with?

I have the chrome candy rod and it looks great. But I agree with the others. Before you get another, figure out what is causing them to crack. That’s not normal.

#7854 4 years ago

This game has been beating me up all week to the point where I was ready to kick it to the curb.

Then, just now, I had my best game of 2,003,530. Was one mode away from Armageddon. I had only collected one SIM card and had left 4 others stranded. Still, what a rush!

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I guess all are factory installed?, they look like they should be cliffy thickness, but seem thicker.

Depends upon the build date of the game. My understanding is that JJP originally used nothing, then they used their own version of a "cliffy" which was a tad thicker and didn't work as well, then they used authenticate cliffys.

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Is the phone scoop cliffy always after market on all versions of DI or did it come installed on the LE or CE ever?

Quoted from Nokoro:

Depends upon the build date of the game. My understanding is that JJP originally used nothing, then they used their own version of a "cliffy" which was a tad thicker and didn't work as well, then they used authenticate cliffys.

This applies to the phone scoop as well.

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Any idea on rough build dates for the changes?

I believe the actual cliffys were used starting in January or February 2018 roughly. Not sure about the earlier dates but JJP could tell you.

1 week later
#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Tried the low pitch and couldn't handle it. My games must be jacked for speed, and I find the game plays waaaay better. For new to moderate players, this game requires quite a bit of practice as DI has unique shots and rebounds that can be lethal, not to mention JJP's unique (good) flipper feel. My only issue with the machine (and you've all heard this way too many times, I know) is the BOB targets. I die 80% of the time via left drains, expecially with the new Q.E.D. guy behaviour pushing the ball to the left quite often. When I cannot relight kickback because of a nearly impossible shot, I know it's just a matter of time. This is super frustrating, so much to the point that I was considering selling. This is supposedly on the next code list, so I'll hold out. I've made armageddon twice, and I've almost made showdown a few times. Left drain prevents showdown for me.

I wonder if there is a way to turn off the QED guy from moving when you hit the theatre. I wasn't having problems with drains before, but it does cause some now. I should check settings.

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

check the JJP site, nothing really complicated
in your case, small update from 1.52 to 1.57
or big the big one, must first go to 1.60 before going to 1.61

Some people have had issues with the newer 1.61 code, so I would suggest just going to 1.57 if it is still available. Then, wait for the next code update to update further, once they have worked the bugs out.

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I just went from 1.52 to 1.61 — what issues exist at 1.61 — game ending or crashing issues or just minor stuff?

Quoted from RipleYYY:

issue in 1.60 (& 1.61) are glitches (video & sounds are not well synchronize) in some animations
seems that this may vary from a pin to another !?

This. If it hasn’t been an issue for you, then don’t worry about it.

#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I've played our DILE for a year and a half and have only been able to get as far as lighting the "A".

Wait, you can light the “A”???

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

D-I-A is as far as I have been able to achieve (3 sim cards). I've lit that sim card a lot, but usually drain before hitting that hard shot.

Yeah, I was just having a bit of fun. I get the A about 1 in 50-100 games. DI is a very hard game under default settings.

#8074 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So has anything happen with dialed in during the past 6 months? With Wonka being off my list I was thinking about revisiting DI....

Not sure where you left off but it had a pretty big code update that added a cool multiball that tied in all the Theatre hurry ups nicely.

#8107 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Anybody have any good ideas for a key fob for Dialed In? I ordered a AFM one with the spaceships. My favorite mode along with Whirlwind and Tidal wave one![quoted image]

There were some key fobs with the goodie bag if you bought new.

#8110 4 years ago

This game has been frustrating the heck out of me lately with all of the drains I get as soon as the ball hits the slings and starts bouncing back and forth. It got to the point where I was cursing those slings constantly. I finally decided to tone them down by about 5 points each and wow! what a difference that makes. I get far fewer cheap drains, and I’m starting to feel like I’m actually getting somewhere in the game again. I love how infinitely adjustable JJP pins are. You can dial all of them in to account for your individual residence and power fluctuations.

#8113 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Slings are supposed to cause randomness.

Yes, I know. But you’re insistence that things remain at factory settings no matter how it performs in ones home or to ones personal taste seems a bit extreme. My slings seemed overpowered relative to other games, causing a disproportionate number of drains compared to my other games and ultimately diminishing my enjoyment of what is otherwise a great game. By dialing them back slightly, I have rekindled my love of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

#8116 4 years ago

Enough of this argument. Marvin, I know you think you're right, but it's funny because I happen to have Mr. Lawlor right here.

"Pat, what do you think of Marvin's argument?"

"Marvin, you know nothing about how I intend people to set up my games. Nokoro has it set up perfectly, with plenty of sling play without cheap drains. Differences in power at individual residences mean you should adjust the settings to get it perfect. Nokoro has done just that."

"Boy if life were only like this."

#8125 4 years ago

Let’s just end this. I’m a bit ashamed of myself for even getting sucked into the argument. I try to stay out of these things on pinside. Marvin, lets just move on. We’re arguing about slingshots for goodness sake. Life’s too short.

#8131 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't agree with Marvin's tone and delivery, but I do generally agree with what he's saying. You can put an old sock behind the flippers if you want to, but it won't improve your game. I think you should have sensitive slings and sensitive tilt in a home environment. This will teach you good nudging skills. If you're getting drains, you need to adjust your play.
On a side note, I actually find slings that do not respond well to the ball hits to be more challenging. The rebounds create odd angles that require nudge-slap-saves to keep the ball in play.
I don't think anyone's a wuss or anything for adjusting their own game, but I just wouldn't recommend nerfing. Play more instead.
P.S. - I have my game set to tilt warnings per ball and Sim carry-over, but these are code adjustments

I hate to belabor this discussion any more, but I will say that I really haven't nerfed the slings. I really think they were overpowered due to individual current levels at my home. My old Stern Star Trek also had overpowered slings, and often when the ball went into them, it bounced back and forth so hard that it eventually jumped and hit the glass. I turned that down as well. I still get plenty of play and randomness out of my DI slings, believe me. I'm not the best player, but I have been practicing my nudging, especially around the slings, for the past year or so and have gotten better at saving the ball and getting it out of the side to side movement that the slings cause. Still, with my old settings, it really was diminishing my enjoyment of the game because I was getting an excessive amount of drains. I'm not trying to be a tournament player. I'm just trying to enjoy a few games after work. Nothing wrong with adjusting my pin to allow me to do that.

Now, with that said, I still have tilt warnings set per game, not per ball, and I don't play with SIM card carry-over. So, all of you who do are wimps.

#8132 4 years ago

Just kidding on the last part, by the way. I obviously think it’s fine to play however you want.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
451 posts in this topic match your search for posts by nokoro. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/1?tu=nokoro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.