IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 273.
#9901 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

I use Sprayway glass cleaner...

I use that. Spray it on a microfiber cloth and then clean the glass.

LTG : )

DSC00707 (resized).JPGDSC00707 (resized).JPG
#9902 4 years ago

I'll try that spray way, thanks for the suggestion.

#9903 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I use that. Spray it on a microfiber cloth and then clean the glass.
LTG : )[quoted image]

I wise man told me about Sprayway years ago

#9904 4 years ago

Has anyone encountered a bug that ended your ball prematurely? I was playing this afternoon and I couldn't remember if I had a mode running or it had just timed out. I hit the Big Bang and then immediately got the sim card scoop for a sim card award. Right after the SIM card was awarded the end of ball bonus countdown started as the ball kicked out of the phone. The flippers were dead so I lost the ball.

Rob

#9905 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone encountered a bug that ended your ball prematurely? I was playing this afternoon and I couldn't remember if I had a mode running or it had just timed out. I hit the Big Bang and then immediately got the sim card scoop for a sim card award. Right after the SIM card was awarded the end of ball bonus countdown started as the ball kicked out of the phone. The flippers were dead so I lost the ball.
Rob

sounds more like a trough issue. put your game into switch test and bang around a bit on the playfield to see if the trough optos activate.

#9906 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

What is recommended to clean the invisiglass? Thanks in advance.

50% alcohol (I use the 99% alc kind) and 50% good ol' tap water. I've been using this for years. Invisiglass is just like eyeglasses, and it is recommended to use this mixture. The canned stuff will work as long as it is amonia free. I just by packs of alcohol from Costco and use a big spray bottle. I wipe my playfields with a rag wetted with the same stuff. It evaporates almost instantly and cleans beautifully. The pure alcohol is great for cleaning electronics as it does not conduct electricity. I stuck an old cell phone in a pool of it, and it ran just fine, fully submurged.

#9907 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

sounds more like a trough issue. put your game into switch test and bang around a bit on the playfield to see if the trough optos activate.

I suppose that's possible, but I've never had an ounce of trouble with that until now. Things do have to start sometime though....

Rob

#9908 4 years ago

Man I love Dialed In so much. I've purchased or played maybe two dozen games continuously since I got DI almost two years ago and nothing comes close to the fun and intensity that Dialed In presents. I keep trying to get another pin to compliment it but I just can't. It's on a whole other level of greatness.

I'm happy to see other people finally coming around and snatching them up as they become available. I've said it before but if the theme music was a little 'darker' I think it's popularity would soar even more. Such a gem!

#9909 4 years ago

If someone were to make a mod that replaced the cell phone with something not only would they make a killing, but all the nay sayers would be actively pursuing this game instead of bashing it.

I'm fine with it.

#9910 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

If someone were to make a mod that replaced the cell phone with something not only would they make a killing, but all the nay sayers would be actively pursuing this game instead of bashing it.
I'm fine with it.

Like a spinning tornado with lightning coming out of it

#9911 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Like a spinning tornado with lightning coming out of it

Anyone replace Betty in back? That is the one that is hard to get over for me. Contemplating some AFM flying saucers or a WOZ tornado. Maybe a tornado for QED and saucers for Betty. Anyone do this before?

#9912 4 years ago

Went down to play a little bit of Dialed In today, turned the game on and nothing. Game starts to boot, get the thump and the computer is running. So I dig into the computer part, hook up a separate monitor and get into the bios to make sure the hard drive is detected. All looks good, so I force load it and get into the utilities, ran the self checks and it came up with a couple errors when trying to run it. So I did a complete 1.6 install. Install went fine, but still not booting past the speaker thump, just getting the small cursor in the top left. The attached message did pop up a couple times. Anyone else seen these errors?

IMG_6200 (resized).jpgIMG_6200 (resized).jpg
#9913 4 years ago

A quick prototyping....and what do you think? Needs some tweaking but the lighting effect when you hit the target is great. Trying to get some of the disasters more into the playfield.

Played a few games and then my Bob flap broke off. Always something.

35B26EE9-0D8E-4EE4-AF57-B4F138F1EEE7 (resized).jpeg35B26EE9-0D8E-4EE4-AF57-B4F138F1EEE7 (resized).jpeg10653F42-9B72-4A42-94DD-370F8615E762 (resized).jpeg10653F42-9B72-4A42-94DD-370F8615E762 (resized).jpeg
#9914 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Went down to play a little bit of Dialed In today, turned the game on and nothing. Game starts to boot, get the thump and the computer is running. So I dig into the computer part, hook up a separate monitor and get into the bios to make sure the hard drive is detected. All looks good, so I force load it and get into the utilities, ran the self checks and it came up with a couple errors when trying to run it. So I did a complete 1.6 install. Install went fine, but still not booting past the speaker thump, just getting the small cursor in the top left. The attached message did pop up a couple times. Anyone else seen these errors?[quoted image]

I reinstalled the full 1.6 again, let the game restart, get a couple pop up messages on the monitor that I connected, then the game just sits with a blinking cursor on the top left. The hard drive seems to copy the data properly, but could it be the culprit? Not sure what else would cause it not to continue booting. I even disconnected the usb cables into the motherboard to see if one of them was halting the boot, no change.

#9915 4 years ago

Is there a way to run a check disc on the computer? You may be correct. Possibly a corrupted file/disc is prohibiting start up.

#9916 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

A quick prototyping....and what do you think? Needs some tweaking but the lighting effect when you hit the target is great. Trying to get some of the disasters more into the playfield.
Played a few games and then my Bob flap broke off. Always something.[quoted image][quoted image]

I prefer Ron Jeremy

086d33a90c41a986fb46bfeaded3b4f8041326fd (resized).jpg086d33a90c41a986fb46bfeaded3b4f8041326fd (resized).jpg
#9917 4 years ago

Upgraded to 1.73, and all the voices from the characters in the phone are very soft, you can barely hear them. If I go into setting and adjust volume, it increase the announcers voice and the female call outs voice, but not the phone characters. Does anyone know of a fix to this issue?
Thanks, Michael

#9918 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Upgraded to 1.73, and all the voices from the characters in the phone are very soft, you can barely hear them. If I go into setting and adjust volume, it increase the announcers voice and the female call outs voice, but not the phone characters. Does anyone know of a fix to this issue?
Thanks, Michael

Mine is on 1.73 and doesn't behave this way.

#9919 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Thanks, Michael

Were you running 1.7 before that, or did you jump up to 1.7 and then add 1.73 all at once?

I'm running 1.7 and my voices seem quieter than the main voices, but not quiet.

#9920 4 years ago

I was running 1.6 before the jump to 1.73

#9921 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I reinstalled the full 1.6 again, let the game restart, get a couple pop up messages on the monitor that I connected, then the game just sits with a blinking cursor on the top left. The hard drive seems to copy the data properly, but could it be the culprit? Not sure what else would cause it not to continue booting. I even disconnected the usb cables into the motherboard to see if one of them was halting the boot, no change.

I don't have an answer, I'm just bumping. This is going to happen to all of us eventually, right? Best to figure it out now...

#9922 4 years ago

Went and picked up a new hard drive from my office, did the full install, still comes back with the error posted above after restarting.

#9923 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I don't have an answer, I'm just bumping. This is going to happen to all of us eventually, right? Best to figure it out now...

I appreciate it. Not sure what is keeping it from booting, going to try and download it from the mirror and do it again. Odd thing is that it says it installs fine with the full install program.

#9924 4 years ago

What OS is this running?

#9925 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I appreciate it. Not sure what is keeping it from booting, going to try and download it from the mirror and do it again. Odd thing is that it says it installs fine with the full install program.

Have you tried making sure all connections are tight? Ribbons and what-not? Reseating everything you can find?

In my experience with pinball repair it's almost always the simplest of things that'll fix it.

#9926 4 years ago

Can you run just 1.70 fine? Then restart, then install 1.73?

#9927 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Have you tried making sure all connections are tight? Ribbons and what-not? Reseating everything you can find?
In my experience with pinball repair it's almost always the simplest of things that'll fix it.

This is true^^^^

#9928 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Anyone replace Betty in back? That is the one that is hard to get over for me. Contemplating some AFM flying saucers or a WOZ tornado. Maybe a tornado for QED and saucers for Betty. Anyone do this before?

Betty has an arm that blocks your ramp shots from completing loop.
It’s a timed mode that takes a lot of skill and timing.Im amazed with these comments about cell phones,Betty and QED guy.Pat designed this totally original IP and did a great job.Play the pin open up some modes and multiballs and you will love it. This is like the Roadshow argument,Oh my god I can play that pin because of a song that plays only with multiball
I get the linear argument but the song matches the theme

#9929 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Betty has an arm that blocks your ramp shots from completing loop.
It’s a timed mode that takes a lot of skill and timing.Im amazed with these comments about cell phones,Betty and QED guy.Pat designed this totally original IP and did a great job.Play the pin open up some modes and multiballs and you will love it. This is like the Roadshow argument,Oh my god I can play that pin because of a song that plays only with multiball
I get the linear argument but the song matches the theme

In addition to all that, changing out anything totally ruins the cohesion of the game. The lcd and audio callouts are telling you to shoot
QED guy to light the phone. If you change him out to a tornado and the phone to something else, it just doesn't match everything else
that is in the game.

#9930 4 years ago

Update- downloaded full install from mirror site and used Rufus this time to create image on USB disk, uploaded to machine and everything seemed as good as before, rebooted game and still getting same error.

Checked and double checked all connections - no change.

Decided to go through the bios and check everything. Saw that the onboard video was not enabled, enabled it and let the game reboot.

BOOM! - game is back to working. So messed up that Linux gives you errors when the onboard video isn't working. At the very least you would think it would tell you what is going on.

IMG_6209 (resized).JPGIMG_6209 (resized).JPG
#9931 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

What OS is this running?

Linux

#9932 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Decided to go through the bios and check everything. Saw that the onboard video was not enabled, enabled it and let the game reboot.
BOOM! - game is back to working. So messed up that Linux gives you errors when the onboard video isn't working. At the very least you would think it would tell you what is going on.

Good detective work there! Could you describe what you did? Stuck a usb keyboard on to the motherboard, rebooted and kept pressing F2 to get into bios?

#9933 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Good detective work there! Could you describe what you did? Stuck a usb keyboard on to the motherboard, rebooted and kept pressing F2 to get into bios?

I actually have an old keyboard that plugged right into the purple keyboard port. Pressed delete to get into bios when it first booted. I'm sure the usb keyboard would work as well.

#9934 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Update- downloaded full install from mirror site and used Rufus this time to create image on USB disk, uploaded to machine and everything seemed as good as before, rebooted game and still getting same error.
Checked and double checked all connections - no change.
BOOM! - game is back to working. So messed up that Linux gives you errors when the onboard video isn't working. At the very least you would think it would tell you what is going on.[quoted image]

Thank you for the follow up; I wonder if this is one of the things that jumping the specific "motherboard reset" pins would have fixed?

Also, given the BIOS issue, could this be due to the CPU battery failing? They are starting to age out based on some of the info I have seen (e.g. I swear I saw a reminder from JJP to follow the battery changing procedure on these "nowish" to prevent the settings from getting lost and preventing the game from booting.

#9935 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Thank you for the follow up; I wonder if this is one of the things that jumping the specific "motherboard reset" pins would have fixed?
Also, given the BIOS issue, could this be due to the CPU battery failing? They are starting to age out based on some of the info I have seen (e.g. I swear I saw a reminder from JJP to follow the battery changing procedure on these "nowish" to prevent the settings from getting lost and preventing the game from booting.

Not sure what happened to the game to begin with, as I went down the hard drive road first. The battery is retaining the information for now, will see if something happens again.

#9936 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

The battery is retaining the information

If you mean scores, audits, settings, etc. etc. They are stored on the hard drive.

#9937 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you mean scores, audits, settings, etc. etc. They are stored on the hard drive.

No, the bios settings, trying to figure out what happened to cause the game not to boot in the first place. I would think the default image for the bios should enable the onboard video ports. That seemed to be what was causing my game not to boot. The bios is keeping the date and time correct after power down. So I don't believe battery is bad.

#9938 4 years ago

anyone know the cost of a phone replacement, assuming it's out of warranty?

#9939 4 years ago

Is there anything in the software that makes a LE, or is it just the parts bolted on. When it comes to the lighted ramp, I see open ports under the playfield. Is there anything keeping me from hooking leds up to them?

#9940 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone know the cost of a phone replacement, assuming it's out of warranty?

I had read $225. Was told that not from JJP though. (fixed phone auto correct typo - doh!)

#9941 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Is there anything in the software that makes a LE

Not sure as I haven't tested it, but as the dongle has your serial number they could do this easily..
Someone with both types could easily test it by plugging in the SE dongle in the LE machine and see if the leds still work..

#9942 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Is there anything in the software that makes a LE, or is it just the parts bolted on. When it comes to the lighted ramp, I see open ports under the playfield. Is there anything keeping me from hooking leds up to them?

your dongle knows that it is an LE and therefore be running LE software features.

#9943 4 years ago

your dongle knows that it is an LE and therefore be running LE software features.

I think aeneas understood that. The root of the question is “what specifically does DI disable when running with a Standard USB dongle”

We understand they could disable stuff ... but we don’t know if they actually do.

Putting a standard dongle in an le would be useful. For example, do the ramp lights actually stop? Heck, will it even run?

I haven’t seen anyone post/try.

#9944 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I think aeneas understood that. The root of the question is “what specifically does DI disable when running with a Standard USB dongle”
We understand they could disable stuff ... but we don’t know if they actually do.
Putting a standard dongle in an le would be useful. For example, do the ramp lights actually stop? Heck, will it even run?
I haven’t seen anyone post/try.

ah, sorry for the confusion.

#9945 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Game might not boot up without it.

#9946 4 years ago

Hi to all!!!

Please, can you tell me the diferences between Standard and LE? Does ir worth???

BR

#9947 4 years ago

For whatever reason I've never been able to consistently "scratch" the lottery tickets. Last night I accidentally discovered a far more reliable method: rock your body side to side (and not too slowly). It works every time for me, I don't have to take my hands off the buttons, and I look like a complete idiot doing it. So there's no downside.

#9948 4 years ago
Quoted from madmack:

can you tell me the diferences between Standard and LE? Does ir worth???

You can go to - https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/ click on Dialed In, then check out the different models and specs.

#9949 4 years ago
Quoted from madmack:

Hi to all!!!
Please, can you tell me the diferences between Standard and LE? Does ir worth???
BR

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-standard-or-le
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI-Compare-NEW.pdf

No gameplay differences

But off the top of my head: invisaglass, colored metal, lighted ramp, nicer back artwork, headphone jack, comic book, ...

ah, sorry for the confusion.

Hey! No worries. Hope my post didn't come off to strong either.

#9950 4 years ago

Thanks a lot for the answers!!!

Could be possible to drop the customized software, and install it into a SE or LE?

I have a LE new in box near my location... and i am really heavy seriously thinking about it... jajaja

By the way... any update on the horizon!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.