IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 273.
#9851 4 years ago
Quoted from SDAmusements:

Late to the party but just picked up a DI LE...Is there a setting for super value?

Do you mean like $1 a game, 3 for $2 , or $1 a game and 6 for $5 ?

If so increase Pricing levels - then change tier credits.

LTG : )

#9852 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

6 for $5 ?

Like this.

DSC00192 (resized).JPGDSC00192 (resized).JPG
#9853 4 years ago

I have had my Dialed In for a few months, and cannot figure two basic things out. I swear they are not in the manual.

- Were are the tilt warnings remaining displayed? This is pretty obvious in POTC (if you know where to look) , a bit more hidden on Wonka... in Dialed in it is ?

- What do the four lights at the bottom of the Apron do? Decoration only? It would be cool if they tracked locked balls or whatever...

#9854 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

What do the four lights at the bottom of the Apron do? Decoration only?

That. Was planned to let you know where to rest your phone.

#9855 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That. Was planned to let you know where to rest your phone.

Thank you Lloyd.

#9856 4 years ago

Just curious if they've made any changes to the Showdown wizard modes in the last couple of updates.

I've previously owned the game, and said I would probably pick one up again if they added some sort of epic finale. I wasn't crazy about how you'd beat it, and it would just end and go right back into regular gameplay.

Having a finishing sequence like MM, AFM, etc I think would make me have to pick one up again.

Especially now that we're seeing what Keith is doing with JP, I'm hoping that inspires Ted to put a few finishing touches on this great game.

#9857 4 years ago

Just picked up a Dialed In LE from a trade. None of the drones spin. I assume they should during the coil test? Should I troubleshoot or just assume it is that all the motors are dead and not worry about it? Lights do light.

#9858 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Just picked up a Dialed In LE from a trade. None of the drones spin. I assume they should during the coil test? Should I troubleshoot or just assume it is that all the motors are dead and not worry about it? Lights do light.

The drones can be turned off in setting

#9859 4 years ago

Anyone heard anything about Pindemption / Timed game for DI.
Timed game would be great.

#9860 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There are those greyed out options in the settings that I have always wondered about...

#9861 4 years ago

Also, don't worry about it at this point. In the latest code, they are generally disabled for the most part. They rarely turn-on now.

#9862 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I've asked about it before. Pindemption isn't developed for DI..
Would be great if they just made something available as a software update. Like safecrackers timed mode..

#9863 4 years ago

check your tech audits too, one of my drone switches was stuck on and they wouldnt spin.

#9864 4 years ago

Unfortunately the bracket for one of my rollover switches broke - JJP part 18-003004-00. It looks to me like the switch was permanently attached to the bracket, so I'm not sure I can replace just the bracket or I have to replace the whole thing.

Does anyone know where I can get one? There are a ton of similar switches online but nothing specific to JJP. I doubt it matters but I want to be sure.

#9865 4 years ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Unfortunately the bracket for one of my rollover switches broke -

Could you post a picture please ?

#9867 4 years ago

Yes. My camera sees better than I do, and it looks like the switch can come off if I can get the locking rings off.
20200211_044720373_iOS (resized).jpg20200211_044720373_iOS (resized).jpg20200211_044817601_iOS (resized).jpg20200211_044817601_iOS (resized).jpg20200211_044830352_iOS (resized).jpg20200211_044830352_iOS (resized).jpg

#9869 4 years ago

I don't know what this site would do without you

#9870 4 years ago

I finally have this game "Dialed In" the way I like it and thought I would share a few things in case it helps others.

Leveling the Game
I screwed in the feet all the way flush to the legs on all 4 - and it was darn near perfect at 6.5. I made a few back and forth trips under the machine again to raise up the rear right foot until the theater magnet would stop releasing the ball back straight down the middle for cheap drains. The game is still level from side to side, but this is the one tedious adjustment I recommend doing

Left Orbit Shot and Flipper Strength
There are a few things I had to deal with here, and I created most of the problems on my own. I had thought the main flippers had a bit too much droop initially and I decided to raise them up a bit to be more square with the rails - this was a mistake and the result was a limp left orbit shot most of the time that would dribble off into the pops.
I put the flippers back down a bit (see pic below) and that seemed to help some, but still it felt weak on some shots - mostly right flipper shots to the left ramp and again the left orbit.
It turned out that the leafs needed some adjustment on the flipper switch to make contact at the very end of the button press, but the main issue was that the flipper shaft itself was not gapped correctly. The pawl was up too high and it was binding a tad on the bushing (essentially there wasn't enough up/down play on the flipper if you pulled the bat from the top)

I finally settled on putting my flipper strengths to
Upper Right - 16
Left - 21
Right - 23

Result is that every shot is hit smooth and with power, including the left orbit (when you hit the shot solid of course) that brings it back around to the upper right flipper

Theater Magnet
I'm on 1.73 and have the Magnet set to -90 and also using the TEST LAB setting in Game settings

I realize every game is different but wanted to share. I can't believe how much better the game is playing now, it's like night and day and flows amazing.
20200211_090905 (resized).jpg20200211_090905 (resized).jpg

#9871 4 years ago

Thanks for the input! I agree, gives us something to try when the game isn't cooperating.

#9872 4 years ago

Yea thanks. Never thought about playing with the magnet strength. Will give it a shot. I adjusted the upper flipper and it makes the lock shot like butter.

#9873 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Yea thanks. Never thought about playing with the magnet strength. Will give it a shot. I adjusted the upper flipper and it makes the lock shot like butter.

Try adjusting multiball magnet behaviour. That’s fun.

#9874 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I finally have this game "Dialed In" the way I like it and thought I would share a few things in case it helps others.
Leveling the Game
I screwed in the feet all the way flush to the legs on all 4 - and it was darn near perfect at 6.5. I made a few back and forth trips under the machine again to raise up the rear right foot until the theater magnet would stop releasing the ball back straight down the middle for cheap drains. The game is still level from side to side, but this is the one tedious adjustment I recommend doing
There are a few things I had to deal with here, and I created most of the problems on my own. I had thought the main flippers had a bit too much droop initially and I decided to raise them up a bit to be more square with the rails - this was a mistake and the result was a limp left orbit shot most of the time that would dribble off into the pops.
I put the flippers back down a bit (see pic below) and that seemed to help some, but still it felt weak on some shots - mostly right flipper shots to the left ramp and again the left orbit.
It turned out that the leafs needed some adjustment on the flipper switch to make contact at the very end of the button press, but the main issue was that the flipper shaft itself was not gapped correctly. The pawl was up too high and it was binding a tad on the bushing (essentially there wasn't enough up/down play on the flipper if you pulled the bat from the top)
I finally settled on putting my flipper strengths to
Upper Right - 16
Left - 21
Right - 23
Result is that every shot is hit smooth and with power, including the left orbit (when you hit the shot solid of course) that brings it back around to the upper right flipper
Theater Magnet
I'm on 1.73 and have the Magnet set to -90 and also using the TEST LAB setting in Game settings
I realize every game is different but wanted to share. I can't believe how much better the game is playing now, it's like night and day and flows amazing.
[quoted image]

I cranked the back end up almost as high as it can go as with all my games and against the recommended settings. Game is twice as fast and is more difficult, perfect for a home environment. I also adjusted my flippers so that you must hit the ramps with accuracy to make them. If not, you get rejected. It's nice that there are so many options with adjusting this game. Now if they'd just fix the damn BOB rules </endlessrant>.

#9875 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

I'm not sure if it's the orange (medium) coils used in the game or how the flipper stroke is electronically programmed. That left orbit shot shouldn't be so difficult to dial in (no pun intended) with the right flipper. The BOB targets are far worse to hit with the ball being usually limped into the left sling instead of at the left BOB targets. The more you droop the flipper to compensate, the more difficult you make the Theater shot, especially when the ball is rolling fast from an inlane. Like you said, it's a combination of the exact amount of droop and proper EOS adjustment seems to make a real difference too.

Rob

#9876 4 years ago

I just finished replacing the rubbers on my DI with Perfect Play clears. That was a surprising amount of work - everything is packed in there so tight and there are often multiple layers to remove before you can access everything. I left one post alone since it was going to be a bunch of extra time for that one and you can barely see it anyway (and the ball will almost never hit it).

I mostly did it for looks but also because my playfield and balls keep getting covered in some kind of hazy film. It's not greasy - it feels more like rubber or eraser on everything. I guessed that at least one rubber was wearing super fast and depositing on the ball, but I'll have to see if it improves now.

#9877 4 years ago

In which menu is the Theater Magnet setting? Having trouble finding it.

#9878 4 years ago

Tests > Device Test > Theater Magnet

Page D-18 of the manual.

#9879 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Tests > Device Test > Theater Magnet
Page D-18 of the manual.

I fixed and played my friends game and love it....Great game...I swear if they remade it and gave it a more manly name like take cover or something ominous they would have sold twice as many.

#9880 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I fixed and played my friends game and love it....Great game...I swear if they remade it and gave it a more manly name like take cover or something ominous they would have sold twice as many.

The name “Dialed in” Is a nod to pinball owners and true pinball bliss! A truly dialed in pin......

#9881 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

The name “Dialed in” Is a nod to pinball owners and true pinball bliss! A truly dialed in pin......

Funny story from the EAG show in London.

So a friend was show up to the private Stern room in order to see Stranger Things Prem (in a darkened room, rather than under the blaring lights of the show floor).
Projector looked good in the conditions of the private room, on the main floor they were only showing the Stranger Things Pro.

Whilst playing the Prem they were finding it hard to hit the demogorgon, so one of the Stern chaps said 'oh it just needs to be "Dialed In" a bit better' to which Gary Stern pipes up 'we don't say that name around here'!!

#9882 4 years ago

I asked a few pages ago, but does anybody know where on the main display screen the number of tilt warnings remaining are hidden? I refuse to believe it is only hidden in some status menu somewhere.

Given how well thought out the display is it would be really weird for them to have missed including the tilt warnings somewhere...

#9883 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I asked a few pages ago, but does anybody know where on the main display screen the number of tilt warnings remaining are hidden? I refuse to believe it is only hidden in some status menu somewhere.
Given how well thought out the display is it would be really weird for them to have missed including the tilt warnings somewhere...

I don't think it is indicated anywhere on any screen. Pretty sure it was first implemented in POTC, where any available tilt warnings are indicated in any game.

I'm not even sure Wonka shows how many tilt warnings are available.

#9884 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't think it is indicated anywhere on any screen. Pretty sure it was first implemented in POTC, where any available tilt warnings are indicated in any game.
I'm not even sure Wonka shows how many tilt warnings are available.

Wonka shows it in the upper right corner of the main display (G/Y/R colors and statuses)

#9885 4 years ago

:-/=I took my plumbob off. No tilt warnings to count now

#9886 4 years ago

Yeah Wonka's is not obvious but once you know you are set.

I was ASSuming there was something similar in DI. There really should be something somewhere.

Even the underused apron lights if they can be controlled independently.

#9887 4 years ago

Joined the club over the weekend. What a great game. Always enjoyed it at shows. Not so much st first, but it grew on me. But now, at home, it is so much fun.

#9888 4 years ago

Curious if anyone has created a decent decal for a pingulp for this game? I put decals on all my pingulps for each of my games but can't find anything particular I like for DI from doing a google search for "drone decal", or "ufo", etc. I don't want more emogi decals lol.

#9889 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Curious if anyone has created a decent decal for a pingulp for this game? I put decals on all my pingulps for each of my games but can't find anything particular I like for DI from doing a google search for "drone decal", or "ufo", etc. I don't want more emogi decals lol.

Take a pic of something you like on the machine (or screen), then have it printed somewhere on peel and stick vinyl. ?

#9890 4 years ago

I'm in!

IMG_20200222_171825_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_171825_01 (resized).jpg
#9891 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I'm in![quoted image]

You go Jim!

#9892 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Take a pic of something you like on the machine (or screen), then have it printed somewhere on peel and stick vinyl. ?

Thanks, that may be the best route to take. I was hoping someone had already made decals for DI. All the other pins I have owned have had some type of decal already available for easy purchase. I'm really surprised DI doesn't have anything readily available or something a member has already created.

#9893 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Thanks, that may be the best route to take. I was hoping someone had already made decals for DI. All the other pins I have owned have had some type of decal already available for easy purchase. I'm really surprised DI doesn't have anything readily available or something a member has already created.

modfather has a pincup for it that I bought that has a Decal. Pinside freezes on the pic upload that I have for it though.

#9894 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Modfather has a pincup for it that I bought that has a Decal. Pinside freezes on the pic upload that I have for it though.

Thanks, I have seen those. I can't justify paying almost $50 for their pingulps and I personally think they look way too generic. They overprice all their pingulps for some reason compared to much better looking ones like tilt graphics sells.

#9895 4 years ago

What is recommended to clean the invisiglass? Thanks in advance.

#9896 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Sparkle

#9897 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I use Sprayway glass cleaner...

#9898 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Nothing with alcohol or ammonia I think is what the recommendation is.

#9899 4 years ago

Back in the day Jack recommended using 1 : 1 distilled water and rubbing alcohol.

#9900 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Back in the day Jack recommended using 1 : 1 distilled water and rubbing alcohol.

Maybe I made that up!? Thinking of my eye glasses with anti glare finish possibly

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 198 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/198?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.