IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 273.
#9801 4 years ago

Has any one created homemade decals for their targets that they would like to share?

#9802 4 years ago

Could anyone please let me know the cost of a new phone? Mine is flaking out and I'm just trying to brace for if I need to replace it.

Thanks.

#9803 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I used to be able to make a great goofy face when I enter my initials but it seems the latest update takes a shot earlier and not when the camera clicks when you enter your initials. Now I have live with an even goofier picture of me taken while i am playing ;-P

I wish JJP would fix this. Or at least make it an option so it always snaps a picture at high score entry. Well, it is already an option, but doesn't work that way.

Rob

#9804 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Just wondering I’ve got the game setup steep (7.2deg I think) and the left loop shot is a little difficult to hit. The ball goes most of the way but doesn’t quite get over the jump and rolls back down the loop. The left ramp is easy enough to hit. Should I increase the flipper strength, decrease the pitch or is the ball catching somewhere on the left loop and slowing it down enough to not make the loop?

7.2 is probably too steep. The (orange 15411) coil used on the lower right flipper is barely suited for making the ramp and orbit shots. When trying to make Bob target shots, the flipper routinely limps the ball into the left slingshot instead. I think increasing the coil power in the settings does not help much (if at all) with those wide shots.

Rob

#9805 4 years ago

What's the issue with the camera everyone is talking about? I'm confused? Mine takes the picture as soon as I hit the start button after putting my name in every time ?

#9806 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

7.2 is probably too steep. The (orange 15411) coil used on the lower right flipper is barely suited for making the ramp and orbit shots. When trying to make Bob target shots, the flipper routinely limps the ball into the left slingshot instead. I think increasing the coil power in the settings does not help much (if at all) with those wide shots.
Rob

I looked at it this morning and the trap door flap sits higher than the playfield. Is there an adjustment for the front of the flap? It sits about 1-1.5mm higher than the playfield and that’s what slows the ball down. Otherwise most shots through there would make it

#9807 4 years ago

Oh and I’ve got no problem making the left ramp at all

#9808 4 years ago

On further inspection the trap door is actually missing the flap! So off to buy a new one. I’m guessing the trap door is meant to sit proud of the playfield and the flap takes up the slack. I can see why the flaps would continue to break toowitb the ramp sitting too close to the playfield

#9809 4 years ago

On further inspection the trap door is actually missing the flap! So off to buy a new one. I’m guessing the trap door is meant to sit proud of the playfield and the flap takes up the slack. I can see why the flaps would continue to break toowitb the ramp sitting too close to the playfield

The flaps break because when the trapdoor springs open, it hits the wireframe above it. Start reading my posts from here -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/138#post-4773987

Quoted from bigd1979:

What's the issue with the camera everyone is talking about? I'm confused? Mine takes the picture as soon as I hit the start button after putting my name in every time ?

If you try and make too funny of a face, your face becomes distorted enough that the software's face recognition software won't use the picture when you hit the start button, and will use a previous picture from during the game.

And yes...if there was an option to always take a picture no matter what when you hit the start button, that would be great. For home use. Out in public, the face recognition requirement is good because you might have people taking crude pictures where its just their hand giving you the bird (or worse).

#9810 4 years ago

Don’t forget the face detection is used, I believe, to locate your face within the frame and then the software crops around your face. To do what you want still requires facial detection or else you’d get a picture with lots of “whatever is in the raw frame” in it and the person’s goofy expression in the, perhaps, bottom left corner.

Quoted from Gogdog:

If you try and make too funny of a face, your face becomes distorted enough that the software's face recognition software won't use the picture when you hit the start button, and will use a previous picture from during the game.
And yes...if there was an option to always take a picture no matter what when you hit the start button, that would be great. For home use. Out in public, the face recognition requirement is good because you might have people taking crude pictures where its just their hand giving you the bird (or worse).

#9811 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Could anyone please let me know the cost of a new phone? Mine is flaking out and I'm just trying to brace for if I need to replace it.
Thanks.

225. However I simply called JJP and they sent me a free replacement. I paid for it first, but when I sent in my old phone they gave me a refund. So before you straight up buy one, I'd check to see if you qualify for a replacement.

I really wish the phone didn't die so easily.

#9812 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

225. However I simply called JJP and they sent me a free replacement. I paid for it first, but when I sent in my old phone they gave me a refund. So before you straight up buy one, I'd check to see if you qualify for a replacement.
I really wish the phone didn't die so easily.

It's bizarre because some games it's fine. Bright as can be. Other games it takes one hard shot to the side of the scoop and boom, the screen is off. Then a few vibrations from the pop bumpers and its back. I've tried unplugging it, switching it with the QT screen, everything.

I'm pretty sure it's on its way out, but I don't want to invest any $$$ into it since I'm thinking of selling.

#9813 4 years ago

Hey fellas I’m a new proud owner of DI LE any tweaks or recommendations of Mods I need to make For this game play great or protect for future issues?

#9814 4 years ago

I was dealing with this a few weeks back after recieving a replacement flap trap door from JJP. After replacing I noticed it was hitting the wireform ramp above it when the coil fully extended. Fellow pinsiders mentioned and linked guidence for me about this issue, so I proceeded to test the various ways to stop this from happening again.

My sweet spot landed on just using 2 #8 washers that I super glued together then dropping them in the coil sleeve, while making sure it was laying flat when put back together. I tried nuts, more washers, less washers, adding spacers to the coil assembly but for my machine just the 2 washers has been great.

#9815 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Hey fellas I’m a new proud owner of DI LE any tweaks or recommendations of Mods I need to make For this game play great or protect for future issues?

Bunch of them mentioned in detail throughout this thread. Search function is your friend.

#9816 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Congrats on your purchase. Game is AMAZING.

If you have double-sided tape I strongly recommend separating the "Bob" sign as shown in a picture below. It's a cheap mod and makes everything more visible.

Other than that, I wouldn't strongly recommend anything. I like pinstadium. I have the building mod in the back corner and the station 3 mod with stickers & light (all shown below). None of it is essential but they really enhance gameplay.

IMG_3297 (resized).JPGIMG_3297 (resized).JPG
#9817 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Don’t forget the face detection is used, I believe, to locate your face within the frame and then the software crops around your face. To do what you want still requires facial detection or else you’d get a picture with lots of “whatever is in the raw frame” in it and the person’s goofy expression in the, perhaps, bottom left corner.

Page B-21 in the manual. Camera Test. Maybe try playing with the camera sensitivity. Still need a face, but maybe it will allow a little more.

LTG : )

#9818 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It's bizarre because some games it's fine. Bright as can be. Other games it takes one hard shot to the side of the scoop and boom, the screen is off. Then a few vibrations from the pop bumpers and its back. I've tried unplugging it, switching it with the QT screen, everything.
I'm pretty sure it's on its way out, but I don't want to invest any $$$ into it since I'm thinking of selling.

If you don't want to put any money in it, you could put a microswitch to restart just the phone when it goes off and won't come on during gameplay:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/194#post-5369688

Of course....in the month after I've put it in, I think I've only used it once or twice. (though the phone has blanked for 1-2 seconds several times).

#9819 4 years ago

Here is a small code change that I wouldn't mind.

During multiball, hitting 3 scoop shots 'adds a ball'.

After multiball ends, there is a few seconds where shots still register for the MB...scoop included.

Its great when you were already at 2 scoop shots, so you can re-enter MB with a late 3rd scoop shot.

But if you were at 0 or 1 scoop shots, then have the code not register it as a late scoop shot. Just have it continue with gameplay. Like after the MB ends, many times my phone will already be ready to start a mode, I hit the scoop ready to start a new mode, and it will just spit the ball back out because its registering the first or second scoop shot. Now that I'm thinking about it...the code might also be accepting a 4th, 5th, etc scoop shot too which wouldn't do anything either.

It would just help with gameplay flow.

#9820 4 years ago

Can I join? Will be setting up tonight. Says Le 897 on the box . I’ll pull the manufacture date when I can.

E4A3AF8A-12D0-45AE-8083-5A51FEC16ED5 (resized).jpegE4A3AF8A-12D0-45AE-8083-5A51FEC16ED5 (resized).jpeg
#9821 4 years ago

Manu date is 03/01/2018.

Playfield clear seems to be in good shape!

F0340CB5-BDA1-486D-8696-68886FBFA247 (resized).jpegF0340CB5-BDA1-486D-8696-68886FBFA247 (resized).jpeg
#9822 4 years ago

Congrats on your new game!

#9823 4 years ago

I ended up taking this route. Got it done today. Also had to adjust the right side subway retention bracket back about the same distance otherwise the ball would not roll into the scoop from the bob or sim shots. It is helping, though still getting a few rejects. Still better for sure. Thanks again all.

#9824 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

If you don't want to put any money in it, you could put a microswitch to restart just the phone when it goes off and won't come on during gameplay:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/194#post-5369688
Of course....in the month after I've put it in, I think I've only used it once or twice. (though the phone has blanked for 1-2 seconds several times).

Had this same issue happen the other day. Phone went blank. I turned off the game and back on, phone has been fine. Weird but only happened once. Was afaid the phone died...

#9825 4 years ago

Hey guys, I tried searching but couldn’t find anything, my game has a decently loud speaker hum / buzz in attract mode.

It’s not a huge deal but definitely noticeable

Any suggestions?

#9826 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Hey guys, I tried searching but couldn’t find anything, my game has a decently loud speaker hum / buzz in attract mode.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like you need the noise isolator that you can get from JJP support.

#9827 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Any suggestions?

If you have a sub connected, disconnect that and see if it goes away.

#9828 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Any suggestions?

Buy a cheap ground loop isolator. It will eliminate the noise. A few have been recommended in this thread. Here is a link to one that I purchased. https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

This posts talks about how to install it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/117#post-4657919

#9829 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Buy a cheap ground loop isolator. It will eliminate the noise. A few have been recommended in this thread. Here is a link to one that I purchased. amazon.com link »
This posts talks about how to install it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/117#post-4657919

I did this on my DI and my previous Hobbit. Both games needed it.

#9830 4 years ago

On 2 occasions I had a ball go into the BOB trap door, I guess too quickly, and it winds up falling inside the cabinet. Is there an adjustment I need to do to prevent this from happening again? Trap door does not appear broken as it does work. Maybe needs adjustment? Is this the same as what I have read about putting washer to extend the plunger?

#9831 4 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Is there an adjustment

Posted here on Pinside . Bend the tab a little. Another poster printed a 3D plug for the end too.

diballfix (resized).jpgdiballfix (resized).jpgdiballfix2 (resized).jpgdiballfix2 (resized).jpg
#9832 4 years ago

This could be one of the best values in pinball right now. I might have to jump back in. Damn it.

Wonka feels pretty similar though (especially the out/in lanes - not surprising considering dev). I played DI recently and enjoyed it - such a solid game.

#9833 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Posted here on Pinside . Bend the tab a little. Another poster printed a 3D plug for the end too.
LTG : )[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you I will give it a try.

You are always so helpful.

THANK YOU!!!!!

#9834 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This could be one of the best values in pinball right now. I might have to jump back in. Damn it.
Wonka feels pretty similar though (especially the out/in lanes - not surprising considering dev). I played DI recently and enjoyed it - such a solid game.

Still one my favorites after years of ownership and thousands of plays. Its alot of pin for 7200-8k for a huo le . The bottom third of the di and wonka are very similar but the upper left flipper on wonka really makes wonka feel different. I like the layout on wonka a smidge more but overall dile and wonkale are my top 2 pins and absolutely wld be last to go.

#9835 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the shooter eject protector is the same one used for MM/AFM/MB - at a glance without taking the apron off, it appears to be (Square hole)

#9836 4 years ago

Installed the ground loop isolator today and the speaker buzz is completely gone. Thank you all!

#9837 4 years ago

Help needed
Ball launches when I press the right button, even when the menu is set to off.
Sometimes it launches the ball without pressing any button

Ideas on what is wrong? We have a tournament in a week and this will be an issue

#9838 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Help needed
Ball launches when I press the right button, even when the menu is set to off.
Sometimes it launches the ball without pressing any button
Ideas on what is wrong? We have a tournament in a week and this will be an issue

Go into switch test mode and make sure all of the playfield switches are working. Any closed when they should be open? If you bang around the playfield with your fist, do any register because they are gapped too tight?

If the game thinks the ball is on the playfield because a switch is closed, it will auto launch the ball.

#9839 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Go into switch test mode and make sure all of the playfield switches are working. Any closed when they should be open? If you bang around the playfield with your fist, do any register because they are gapped too tight?
If the game thinks the ball is on the playfield because a switch is closed, it will auto launch the ball.

Thanks, will try that

#9840 4 years ago

Need a little help with my phone scoop. In test menu, the phone scoop is stuck closed. I took off the optos and it still shows closed. Happened during a game and I don't know what's causing it. Maybe the optos are bad?

#9841 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Maybe the optos are bad?

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - toss a ball in. Do they register on the screen ? If not have they slipped out of position ? Came unplugged below the playfield nearby or at opto driver board ?

#9842 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Buy a cheap ground loop isolator. It will eliminate the noise. A few have been recommended in this thread. Here is a link to one that I purchased. amazon.com link »

Thanks for this - ordered one for POTC and DI!

#9843 4 years ago

Friends DI will not boot. He called me and said nothing happens when I turn it on. Last night I was able to go over and verify.Totally dead. I checked the service plug and we can plug in a light and it works...SO far I have messaged LTG and he had me try and boot machine by briefly shorting 2 pins on the power board. Nothing. Guessing Ill call JJP customer service this week. Anything else I can check. All connectors look good. Next time over I can check for power with my DMM if I know where to look.

thx for any help.

#9844 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switches - Matrixed - toss a ball in. Do they register on the screen ? If not have they slipped out of position ? Came unplugged below the playfield nearby or at opto driver board ?

Ball does not register when put in scoop. Checked all the plugs, no luck. All other switches in line on test mode work fine, the scoop is the only issue.

#9845 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Friends DI will not boot. He called me and said nothing happens when I turn it on. Last night I was able to go over and verify.Totally dead. I checked the service plug and we can plug in a light and it works...SO far I have messaged LTG and he had me try and boot machine by briefly shorting 2 pins on the power board. Nothing. Guessing Ill call JJP customer service this week. Anything else I can check. All connectors look good. Next time over I can check for power with my DMM if I know where to look.
thx for any help.

Are you sure it was the power driver board he said and not the CPU board?

This sort of situation may be what the kicktap from pinmonk is meant to address; I still need to order these myself:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/03111-power-cmos-kicktap

#9846 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Ball does not register when put in scoop.

You could unplug the opto connector from the opto driver spot and try again, though if it worked it would register as something else. Then you'd know for sure if the opto pair is bad or not.

#9847 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You could unplug the opto connector from the opto driver spot and try again, though if it worked it would register as something else. Then you'd know for sure if the opto pair is bad or not.

Thanks, I tried that. For some reason taking the optos off and lining them up made them work properly. So I figured it was an alignment issue. Putting them back though, didn't work again. So I reversed them and all the sudden it worked. I truly don't know why it made them work. But I'm happy it's working haha.

#9848 4 years ago

Maybe a good idea or maybe not. Connect the output from DI to a guitar amp input.
What would happen.

891C79CF-32E9-46FD-ACB4-5F7E7C19A362 (resized).jpeg891C79CF-32E9-46FD-ACB4-5F7E7C19A362 (resized).jpegC465C7C5-346A-4E3F-84F6-180B4E9A5402 (resized).jpegC465C7C5-346A-4E3F-84F6-180B4E9A5402 (resized).jpeg
#9849 4 years ago

Still waiting for a secret 12th mission...

Added over 4 years ago:

Maybe only visible when Showdown was played?

#9850 4 years ago

Late to the party but just picked up a DI LE...Is there a setting for super value?

IMG_9789 (resized).JPGIMG_9789 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/197?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.