IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 273.
#9551 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I know I have said this before but it was a while back. The upper playfield is important when you are going for multiball the second time and you have to lock them in the train station. When the diverter is down, a fast shot up the left ramp will usually have the ball fall out the back of the playfield and into the skill shot. It will then feed the upper right flipper for a shot on the train station lock. Very clever and extremely useful.

Your mileage may vary on that though...I don't think no matter how hard it goes up the left ramp on mine, with the diverter down it almost always goes to upper playfield for me, instead of "bouncing back" towards the skill shot kicker...

#9552 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Your mileage may vary on that though...I don't think no matter how hard it goes up the left ramp on mine, with the diverter down it almost always goes to upper playfield for me, instead of "bouncing back" towards the skill shot kicker...

Yeah, I think mine has done that only once or twice. Definitely not normal for me.

#9553 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I know I have said this before but it was a while back. The upper playfield is important when you are going for multiball the second time and you have to lock them in the train station. When the diverter is down, a fast shot up the left ramp will usually have the ball fall out the back of the playfield and into the skill shot. It will then feed the upper right flipper for a shot on the train station lock. Very clever and extremely useful.

Crazy! I have never tried that. Maybe my flipper is underpowered or my game is set at an appreciably different angle

#9554 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

I had pinstadium on my mmr because it came with it from a trade. They were pretty awesome, but I just can't see paying that much money for them. If they were more reasonably priced I'd be all for them. I'll try the lighting from lermods and see how that is. Or I'll rig up two spotlights tapping into the coin door inserts. Thanks for the input.

I have a set of pinstadiums that are basically new which have all the options. If interested I'll sell them for a good bit less than new ones. Also looks like your local so won't need to ship them.

#9555 4 years ago

I also have potc beside dile and yes potc is better lit bc of all the spotlights and light strip on the ramp. However di is very well lit especially compared to woz and wonka.

#9556 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

My goal with this? I was going to create a wiring harness to connect a 12V RGB LED strip to be used as undercabinet lighting.
Another big question I have...is that using a multimeter on these 4 pins...each R G B pin measures at 3.87V. Am I correct that a 12V led strip would work with this connection? As in...if you add up each pin, its close to 12V (11.61V), or should each individual pin measure at 12V?

From my understanding: The RGB LEDs in the bumpers - as all other RGB LEDs in DI - are driven by a PCU9656 LED driver. The RGB LEDs are a common anode type. They are connected to 4V on one pin (three actually) and the other three (R, G, B) are connected to GND by the driver when the CPU tells it to light up the according color channel. (See http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI_Manual%203_3%20November%202018.pdf , section D-47). Now if you had an RGB LED strip that was common anode, connecting the strip anode to 12V and the color channels to the bumper LED driver channels might in theory work. HOWEVER the PCU9656 can only drive up to 100mA per channel, which your LED-strip probably exceeds if it's longer than a couple of inches.

In other words:
No, please don't do this!

#9557 4 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

From my understanding: The RGB LEDs in the bumpers - as all other RGB LEDs in DI - are driven by a PCU9656 LED driver. The RGB LEDs are a common anode type. They are connected to 4V on one pin (three actually) and the other three (R, G, B) are connected to GND by the driver when the CPU tells it to light up the according color channel. (See http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI_Manual%203_3%20November%202018.pdf , section D-47). Now if you had an RGB LED strip that was common anode, connecting the strip anode to 12V and the color channels to the bumper LED driver channels might in theory work. HOWEVER the PCU9656 can only drive up to 100mA per channel, which your LED-strip probably exceeds if it's longer than a couple of inches.
In other words:

No, please don't do this!

Well...you are absolutely right about the voltage. The manual does clearly show that the pop bumper flashers are powered with 4V, which is why I was reading 3.87 on my multimeter.

I have a 12V accessory power splitter from mezelmods, so I could get 12V power to the led strip. But if you don't think that those pop bumper pins provide enough amperage to drive the color channels...then I guess this DIY mod is dead in the water. It would only cost like...$6 in parts too.

I have the mezelmods popbumper building...which connects directly to a popbumper flasher...but its only 2 LED boards that they have at the top of the building, not a 4' 12V LED strip. Rock custom pinball's interactive LED strip for DI "interacts with the game flashers and shots...and connects via piggyback connection to the games boards.". So...they found 12V somewhere and then tied in RGB to interact with some shots and flashers.

Maybe they piggybacked to J102...page D-73, D-74...which would give them access to a popbumper, left ramp shot, and even crazy mode (though I doubt they would use the crazy mode). Still wouldn't give them 12V though so not sure how they are getting that.

Well....I'm not an electrical engineer so there goes my chance of a cheap interactive mod.

#9558 4 years ago

Hey guys just picked up my own second hand Dialed In LE and wanted to know if there is a way to adjust the testing height of Bob's scoop.

Mine sticks up high enough that it slows the ball down enough to either cause a reject or it only makes it to pops/skill shot. My little metal tab that is used to help get the ball over the scoop is also broken off.

I believe I read you dont need it however if that is the case how do I get Bob's scoop when closed more flat with the PF?

Thanks!

#9559 4 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

My little metal tab that is used to help get the ball over the scoop is also broken off.

Contact JJP to get a new one. You need it there. Call me back.

LTG : )

#9560 4 years ago

Some people were looking for lighting options for the lower area of the playfield so we made some spotlights and covers for the game, similar to what we’ve done for woz, ww, and mbR. These are 3D printed covers with 3 smd light strips inside and a decal on top. We made three versions of the decal for DI, prototypes shown. I don’t have a pic installed as I no longer have my game, but these mount over the screws holding the sling shot plastics on. You can see how we did it for woz and ww in the pics, they are meant to blend in.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fdialed-in-pinball-spotlight-covers

A771B04B-D393-47C5-A152-E5C9E5410BD0 (resized).jpegA771B04B-D393-47C5-A152-E5C9E5410BD0 (resized).jpegE2D85548-0FAD-46AA-81C5-9F189E905965 (resized).jpegE2D85548-0FAD-46AA-81C5-9F189E905965 (resized).jpegE50F81DD-F160-409F-AC46-7F047A115CA5 (resized).jpegE50F81DD-F160-409F-AC46-7F047A115CA5 (resized).jpeg
#9561 4 years ago

I wanted to try adding spotlights by using the matrix system from comet. I basically just tapped into the 12v coin door insert lights. I'm going to do a second spotlight on the other sling, but I'm happy with how the first turned out already. It makes the center field art pop so much better.

20191122_143930 (resized).jpg20191122_143930 (resized).jpg
#9562 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

I wanted to try adding spotlights by using the matrix system from comet. I basically just tapped into the 12v coin door insert lights. I'm going to do a second spotlight on the other sling, but I'm happy with how the first turned out already. It makes the center field art pop so much better.[quoted image]

Is it always on tho? If so that will take away from the lightshows

#9563 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is it always on tho? If so that will take away from the lightshows

It does stay lit just like pirates spotlights stay lit during gameplay. I don't think it takes away from any light shows, only improves the art in my opinion.

#9564 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

It does stay lit just like pirates spotlights stay lit during gameplay. I don't think it takes away from any light shows, only improves the art in my opinion.

Pretty sure my potc go off and on with the gi just like my wonka ones...

#9565 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pretty sure my potc go off and on with the gi just like my wonka ones...

Something must be wrong with my pirates spotlights then. I just played several games and had different multiballs going and different modes, they never went off.

#9566 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

Something must be wrong with my pirates spotlights then. I just played several games and had different multiballs going and different modes, they never went off.

I'll check but I'm pretty sure some of them go off and on . Maybe someone else can chime in also.

#9567 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'll check but I'm pretty sure some of them go off and on . Maybe someone else can chime in also.

OK anyone know? It concerns me if something is wrong with my spotlights on pirates.

#9568 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Ill assume 12V is the same at coin door, as WOZ, and if you add 2 COB strips like these on the apron, above ball travel height, you will be brighter than you want! (I have added a dial to control brightness)
2 strips are under $3.[quoted image]

Did that also at my Wonka.
Way too dark out of the box like WOZ.
But DI has always some modes running which boost the brightness.
Never missed some light on DI and PotC.

#9569 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

This rarely happens on my build (like 1/20 fast shots). My game is really steep though.

#9570 4 years ago

FWIW I had some phone issues with my Dialed in; it would intermittently turn off.

It turned out to be the phone screen power connector underneath the playfield; manipulating this connector while the game was on consistently turned the phone off.

Upon investigation, one of the female pins inside the connector was not inserted fully (I think it was inserted backwards, as I was easily able to extract the pin by tugging on it gently, then to reinsert it I had to spin it 180 degrees and it finally clicked/locked into place.

After this, the connection seems solid.

FWIW, add that to the list of phone fixes! I always suspect connectors for intermmittent stuff like this.

#9571 4 years ago

Having some trouble getting bobs to stay open enough when open ball hits the trap door? And ideas, don’t see a way to adjust where it sets easily?

#9572 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Having some trouble getting bobs to stay open enough when open ball hits the trap door? And ideas, don’t see a way to adjust where it sets easily?

Got to #1431. I also had a broken spring but it didn't stay open at all. One thing to note...when I turned off the trap door to keep playing with a broken spring...flow was much better.

#9573 4 years ago

We had 25 family members at our house for Thanksgiving I would say of the 10 pins I own Dialed In got the most play. I purposely didn't play it earlier so they guests could register the high scores with there picture. Very happy to own this pinball. Great game.

#9574 4 years ago

What’s the best method dismantling the phone? Step by step would be nice, may be with photos...

#9575 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

What’s the best method dismantling the phone? Step by step would be nice, may be with photos...

1. Remove the phone from the game. ( vga connector and power connector )

2. Remove screws from phone case.

3. Remove screws inside holding stuff down.

4. Remove board and LDC.

5. Reverse order - 4,3,2,1.

Done.

#9576 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW I had some phone issues with my Dialed in; it would intermittently turn off.
It turned out to be the phone screen power connector underneath the playfield; manipulating this connector while the game was on consistently turned the phone off.
Upon investigation, one of the female pins inside the connector was not inserted fully (I think it was inserted backwards, as I was easily able to extract the pin by tugging on it gently, then to reinsert it I had to spin it 180 degrees and it finally clicked/locked into place.
After this, the connection seems solid.
FWIW, add that to the list of phone fixes! I always suspect connectors for intermmittent stuff like this.

Lately I've been getting more phone power cutting off during games...sometimes it comes back on in a few seconds, sometimes requires a restart. Last night was the first time I got to Armageddon..and I couldn't see what happens on the phone since it was off! Unfortunately...it looks like my power cables don't have that same issue you found. It would have been nice to "find" the issue and fix it!

Right now...phone power almost always gets cut off after a ball hits the phone scoop hard...so its probably some internal connection in the phone, or maybe the LED screen really just doesn't like a hard shock from the balls.

One idea...is to try and keep the phone more isolated from shocks from the playfield. Like maybe having some soft rubber ..something...under the black metal bracket. I don't mind if the phone "jiggles" a tiny bit as long as the phone stays on all the time. Like under these two screw locations (but under the bracket) ->

20191129_181029 (resized).jpg20191129_181029 (resized).jpg

I'm assuming it would be easier to add shock absorbers in the above pic...instead of at the other bracket location here ->

20191129_174254 (resized).jpg20191129_174254 (resized).jpg

Any ideas here? Opinions if stupid idea or not?

Until then...I'm liking this option ->

Quoted from Mageek:

I had numerous problems with the phone, Yellow Tint, Red Tint, Blank.... to the point where I put a switch in-line with the phone power so I could reset it without powering off the game. Since 1.7x I have had ZERO phone issues and have removed my reset switch.

@Mageek I know your phone issues were different than ours..but do you mind showing a pic of your switch solution? For me...ideally I would create a wire harness that is completely removable using the same power connectors for the phone ->

20191129_172155 (resized).jpg20191129_172155 (resized).jpg

20191129_172203 (resized).jpg20191129_172203 (resized).jpg

20191129_172219 (resized).jpg20191129_172219 (resized).jpg

I know JJP uses molex .93 connectors for a lot of spots...but these connectors seem a bit smaller so I'm not sure exactly what size they are or what they are called?

Anyway, then I would run the wire to the switch through the bottom of the pin (using the mesh speaker panels on the bottom), then tape mount a switch right by the power switch ->

20191129_172356 (resized).jpg20191129_172356 (resized).jpg

A nice flat type switch would be ideal. I would love to see what you had made for some ideas!

#9577 4 years ago

Still trying to figure this one out. Camera works fine in Selfie mode, but is no longer registering a hand wave for the scratch off lottery. Any ideas?

#9578 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Still trying to figure this one out. Camera works fine in Selfie mode, but is no longer registering a hand wave for the scratch off lottery. Any ideas?

Mine had trouble tonight. I had to REALLY wave aggressively and started waving closer to the camera to get it to work. Following this topic ...

#9579 4 years ago

Play with the sensitivity settings for the camera.

#9580 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Crazy! I have never tried that. Maybe my flipper is underpowered or my game is set at an appreciably different angle

I have the incline set at 7. It usually happens on the sold shots up the middle of the left ramp. If you look at the plastic upper playfield you can see where it is notched to drop into the skill shot. It doesn’t happen every time, but it happens enough that I usually know when it is going to drop into the skill shot.

#9581 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mine had trouble tonight. I had to REALLY wave aggressively and started waving closer to the camera to get it to work. Following this topic ...

I shake my head like Stevie Wonder...usually works without taking my hands off the buttons.

#9582 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Lately I've been getting more phone power cutting off during games...sometimes it comes back on in a few seconds, sometimes requires a restart. Last night was the first time I got to Armageddon..and I couldn't see what happens on the phone since it was off! Unfortunately...it looks like my power cables don't have that same issue you found. It would have been nice to "find" the issue and fix it!
Right now...phone power almost always gets cut off after a ball hits the phone scoop hard...so its probably some internal connection in the phone, or maybe the LED screen really just doesn't like a hard shock from the balls.
One idea...is to try and keep the phone more isolated from shocks from the playfield. Like maybe having some soft rubber ..something...under the black metal bracket. I don't mind if the phone "jiggles" a tiny bit as long as the phone stays on all the time. Like under these two screw locations (but under the bracket) ->
[quoted image]
I'm assuming it would be easier to add shock absorbers in the above pic...instead of at the other bracket location here ->
[quoted image]
Any ideas here? Opinions if stupid idea or not?
Until then...I'm liking this option ->

@Mageek I know your phone issues were different than ours..but do you mind showing a pic of your switch solution? For me...ideally I would create a wire harness that is completely removable using the same power connectors for the phone ->
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I know JJP uses molex .93 connectors for a lot of spots...but these connectors seem a bit smaller so I'm not sure exactly what size they are or what they are called?
Anyway, then I would run the wire to the switch through the bottom of the pin (using the mesh speaker panels on the bottom), then tape mount a switch right by the power switch ->
[quoted image]
A nice flat type switch would be ideal. I would love to see what you had made for some ideas!

My phone is way more stable but I have still had a few issues here and there unfortunately. Any leads or links to these connectors or some wisdom re the phone would be great. Not sure why it is fine for hours then turns off during a random part of the game.

I will see if I stress test the scoop how much the phone shakes and if I notice anything.

I also have a HDMI elbow connector and a new VGA cable on the way. Not sure that will help but what the heck. The VGA connector is to decrease the vibration on the video card sending the phone signal from the pc.

#9583 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Play with the sensitivity settings for the camera.

Thanks Lloyd, I didnt know this existed.

Now, does my wife have these setting too, to menu adjust?

#9584 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Now, does my wife have these setting too, to menu adjust?

Yes. It's auto adjust. Next time she is yelling at you. Right in the middle of it, yawn. She can take it up a notch.

#9585 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

If you nudge hard enough at just the right time you can get that ball to exit the top of the mini-playfield and drop into the skill shot lane. It does require a pretty good nudge though.

#9586 4 years ago

I am looking at used DI and would like to know what problems / issues a used Dialed In may have?

#9587 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

I am looking at used DI and would like to know what problems / issues a used Dialed In may have?

Go to the first page of this Dialed In thread. Look over the key'd posts. You'll get some ideas and fixes there.

And if used, any issues the game may have had. Should have been fixed by now.

#9588 4 years ago

I know the general consensus is that JJP flippers are weaker than Stern. All that matters is that the flippers can make the shots. My DILE flippers are ok for the most part, but what I don't like about them is that when trying to shoot the BOB targets or left orbit, the right flipper is annoyingly weak. Maybe a rebuild will help - well I hope it does. But, is this generally how the flippers are, especially the right one when trying to shoot BOB targets or lane?

Rob

#9589 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I know the general consensus is that JJP flippers are weaker than Stern. All that matters is that the flippers can make the shots. My DILE flippers are ok for the most part, but what I don't like about them is that when trying to shoot the BOB targets or left orbit, the right flipper is annoyingly weak. Maybe a rebuild will help - well I hope it does. But, is this generally how the flippers are, especially the right one when trying to shoot BOB targets or lane?
Rob

You can individually control the power to each flipper in the settings. Try turning the right flipper up a few points.

#9590 4 years ago

Just joined and super excited! Has anybody ever collected all the SIM cards?

C28B2AF0-A559-458E-91C4-B3C9B55FB24E (resized).jpegC28B2AF0-A559-458E-91C4-B3C9B55FB24E (resized).jpeg
#9591 4 years ago
Quoted from Crunch:

Phone (make sure it turns on and that the colors are bright and vibrant)
Code (check to see that the latest is updated, 1.7ish)
Trap Door (it should open and stay open, close when a ball locks and stay closed, and that the flap is in 1 piece)
Station Locks (make sure the balls lock and release like they are supposed to)

Quoted from Lemank:

Just joined and super excited! Has anybody ever collected all the SIM cards?[quoted image]

I did one time. I was waiting for my wife to finish getting ready to go out so I started a game. I collected 2 sim cards on ball one and the other 6 sim cards on ball 2. I didn't even need to use the carry-over to do it. I started Showdown right when my wife came into the room so I had her record it. I beat Showdown and the game restarted.

I DID NOT COMPLETE ARMAGEDDON IN THAT GAME and didn't even beat a top score left by my friend. Unreal...

#9592 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Just joined and super excited! Has anybody ever collected all the SIM cards?[quoted image]

I'm lucky if I collect 2.

#9593 4 years ago

as DI is gone, why i'm still reading here !?

Quoted from Lemank:

Has anybody ever collected all the SIM cards?[quoted image]

well of course (with memory ON)

#9594 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You can individually control the power to each flipper in the settings. Try turning the right flipper up a few points.

I have tried this, but it doesn't really improve the flipper power when shooting extreme angles.

Rob

#9595 4 years ago

I've got an original Medieval Madness I would trade for a Dialed In Le if anyone is interested.

#9596 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I have collected all but 2.

#9597 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have collected all but 2.

I collected all of them last night then won showdown ! I was on fire I guess.

I may be the only person out there to play showdown before ever getting to Armageddon. Which I proceeded to drain before activating. Ended with a score near 8 million if I remember right.

So I have still not seen Armageddon.

#9598 4 years ago

My electro dude is squeaking when moving across the playfield, where do I lube this at?

#9599 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

where do I lube this at?

Under the playfield. Metal on metal moving parts.

#9600 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I may be the only person out there to play showdown before ever getting to Armageddon.

Happend to me on my last showdown. Afterwards, Armageddon was like a little extra treat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.