Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 182.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Just got mine, really enjoying this one!
I'm confused about the left orbit though... the trap door always opens and catches the ball? When should it go around?

Your trap door may be sticking up bc it sld b im the down position a good bit

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from jamjam:

I'm confused about the left orbit though... the trap door always opens and catches the ball? When should it go around?

Trap door comes from the factory stiff it seems....it's a tricky mech.
See above on LTG post #854 how to grease it up

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/18#post-4026643

#903 1 year ago

So, for the new owners like myself, other than the trap door and the lock ramp/station 3 wire form exit adjustments, are there any other known things to look out for?

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

So, for the new owners like myself, other than the trap door and the lock ramp/station 3 wire form exit adjustments, are there any other known things to look out for?

Bottom 2 LEDs on Bob sign sometimes reversed
Sometimes Trap Door fix doesn't help not being able to make left orbit all the way to right upper flipper
Make sure lightning bolt is in the correct way - straight bolt end on right side - But I gotta admit I kind of liked it the other way where the bolt hits the ball on the wireform

#905 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Theater magnet sld toss it back sometimes

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Theater magnet sld toss it back sometimes

Oh duh yeah that's an obvious one! Increase magnet strength on theatre until (when let) after it catches the ball it flings it backwards a la Shadow/RBION

#907 1 year ago

Really like splitting the BOB signs apart and bent the brackets to angle the front sign to read easier.

image (resized).jpg

#908 1 year ago

Is anyone else's station stickers peeling off? The one on the side of the one here is spontaneously curling off the station.

#909 1 year ago

Game is at home and set up now! Not having any of the listed issues/adjustments, but my left wireform does occasionally bounce off the end (maybe 1 in 10) as it comes down to the left inlane. Anyone else have this issue? I'm at 6.5 degrees and I'm level left to right, so I don't think it's a speed or level thing, but who knows.

#910 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

but my left wireform does occasionally bounce off the end (maybe 1 in 10) as it comes down to the left inlane.

Yeah Mine did it at first but broke itself in and fixed it. I would just play that bad boy and let the magic happen.

You got the Theatre mag working correctly right? That's the big deal.

#911 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Mine did it at first but broke itself in and fixed it. I would just play that bad boy and let the magic happen.
You got the Theatre mag working correctly right? That's the big deal.

Sounds good, I've probably got about 30 games on it already today lol.

From what I can tell the Theatre mag is working correctly, all the magnets seem to fling the ball properly. Is there a specific trigger for getting the theatre to fling the ball back, or is it just random? I know it's happened a few times, but if I can fine tune it I will play with it a bit more.

#912 1 year ago

It will happen almost every time it's lit during a mode (not EMP) or hurry up...if you're seeing it it's working right.

#913 1 year ago

Played Dialed In again today, you owners are very lucky, it's a really fun game.

#914 1 year ago

First day with the game and I already broke a million! Feels absolutely crazy on a jjp game, I was just on a real heater. I really enjoy how completing shots and modes, collecting sim cards (basically, completing things instead of just starting them), can net you huge points. Throw in some multiballs and crazy modes/bonuses, along with skill shots and super skill shots, and you can really get going.

Does anyone have any strategies for which skill shot to go for? I've been going for big points the first ball and then just trying random ones in second and third ball.

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

First day with the game and I already broke a million! Feels absolutely crazy on a jjp game, I was just on a real heater. I really enjoy how completing shots and modes, collecting sim cards (basically, completing things instead of just starting them), can net you huge points. Throw in some multiballs and crazy modes/bonuses, along with skill shots and super skill shots, and you can really get going.
Does anyone have any strategies for which skill shot to go for? I've been going for big points the first ball and then just trying random ones in second and third ball.

Multiplier skill shot, then hit the double skill shot. Then don't lose that ball and collect a lot of sim cards.

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It will happen almost every time it's lit during a mode (not EMP) or hurry up...if you're seeing it it's working right.

Volcano Mode drops it straight down as well.

#917 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I never go for the super skill shot, unless I have already lit "Big Bang". Use that upper flipper to light "Big Bang", then start a mode & shoot the "Big Bang" target. This auto completes the mode, awards all the points, & lights Sim Card. This is the best way to try & blow up this pin up.
It's all about completing modes & collecting those super valuable Sim Cards. The Big Bang target allows us to do it with less shots made.

I've owned this pin for 2.5 weeks, I have 300 plays on it, & we as a family are absolutely loving it. It has fun for all levels of pinball players, including new ones! It's a pure gem!
Thanks JJP & PLD!

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Game is at home and set up now! Not having any of the listed issues/adjustments, but my left wireform does occasionally bounce off the end (maybe 1 in 10) as it comes down to the left inlane. Anyone else have this issue? I'm at 6.5 degrees and I'm level left to right, so I don't think it's a speed or level thing, but who knows

Just got mine yesterday and I had the exact same problem. I added 4-5 #8 washers underneath the wireform support on the left sling and it fixed it for me. No more bounce outs now!

The other problem I have you might have to deal with is the trap door getting stuck open. You may not notice it at first but shots up the leftmost lane are not always supposed to end up in the subway... if they never loop around your trap door is probably stuck open. See earlier posts from LTG, the fix is lubing the mech a bit. I will tackle that today myself!

#920 1 year ago

Oh and +1 on the idea of using the apron lights to indicate tilt warnings! That would be awesome!!

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I never go for the super skill shot, unless I have already lit "Big Bang". Use that upper flipper to light "Big Bang", then start a mode & shoot the "Big Bang" target. This auto completes the mode, awards all the points, & lights Sim Card. This is the best way to try & blow up this pin up.
It's all about completing modes & collecting those super valuable Sim Cards. The Big Bang target allows us to do it with less shots made.
I've owned this pin for 2.5 weeks, I have 300 plays on it, & we as a family are absolutely loving it. It has fun for all levels of pinball players, including new ones! It's a pure gem!
Thanks JJP & PLD!

Why wouldn't you go for the super skill shot as the ball comes down from the skill shot you made? It doesn't affect big bang or anything except you get more score.

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Just got mine yesterday and I had the exact same problem. I added 4-5 #8 washers underneath the wireform support on the left sling and it fixed it for me. No more bounce outs now!
The other problem I have you might have to deal with is the trap door getting stuck open. You may not notice it at first but shots up the leftmost lane are not always supposed to end up in the subway... if they never loop around your trap door is probably stuck open. See earlier posts from LTG, the fix is lubing the mech a bit. I will tackle that today myself!

Good tip, I thought about that. It does seem to have eased up on actually bouncing out of the wireform, now it just seems to bounce backwards and bit and then roll out like normal. I'm gonna give it a week or so and see where it's at. Thankfully no issues with the trapdoor yet, but I will probably put a bit of lube on it as mentioned elsewhere in the thread (just to be sure).

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Thanks JJP & PLD!

I think the Big Bang target is probably my favourite feature of the game. The ability for a skilled player to quickly plow through modes and rack up big points fast is really satisfying. I think that's probably the biggest factor in what to choose for a skill shot; are you going to try and blast through modes with Big Bang or play as much of them as possible to stack up bigger bonuses.

Do we know for sure if using Big Bang will net the actual same amount as actually playing through the mode?

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Why wouldn't you go for the super skill shot as the ball comes down from the skill shot you made? It doesn't affect big bang or anything except you get more score.

All in an effort to light Big Bang as fast as possible, that's all.

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

All in an effort to light Big Bang as fast as possible, that's all.

The thing is, it's easy (usually) to get the ball to the upper right flipper to light Big Bang, and you even get the occasional "hot dog" hit from the jets. You only get _one_ chance per physical ball at the Super (or Super Duper) Skill Shot - don't waste it.

#926 1 year ago

Received mine 2 days ago. I had never played it and was one of the rule of law I said I would never do. I was actually worried if I would like this type of game play. Seriously, everything positive about this game that's has been written is spot on. Really a fun pin. One of the best I've ever played.
I also have the trap door issue. Just picked up some silicone grease.
Magnet in theater was set at -60 and did not fling ball back. Set it to -95 and all good.
One question, do the drone blades spin? Haven't seen that. If so what do you do to make them work.

#927 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Received mine 2 days ago. I had never played it and was one of the rule of law I said I would never do. I was actually worried if I would like this type of game play. Seriously, everything positive about this game that's has been written is spot on. Really a fun pin. One of the best I've ever played.
Magnet in theater was set at 60 and did not fling ball back. Set it to 95 and all good.
One question, do the drone blades spin? Haven't seen that. If so what do you do to make them work.

Yes. When you hit the drone standup when lit or complete the drone lights to light the mystery package at the theater they spin.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Magnet in theater was set at -60 and did not fling ball back. Set it to -95 and all good.

Yep, they spin, just hard to see. Play a game with the glass off and you can feel the air moving, its kind of weird.

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I think the Big Bang target is probably my favourite feature of the game.
Do we know for sure if using Big Bang will net the actual same amount as actually playing through the mode?

I just played several games & I was trying to keep track. It appears if you complete each shot, instead of using B.B. you get an extra 30-40,000 in points by making each individual shot. It was hard to keep track while playing, so I might be mistaken.

#930 1 year ago

FB_IMG_1508091144221 (resized).jpg

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I just played several games & I was trying to keep track. It appears if you complete each shot, instead of using B.B. you get an extra 30-40,000 in points by making each individual shot. It was hard to keep track while playing, so I might be mistaken.

Can you confirm, but I thought I read somewhere completing a mode with B.B. and collecting the SIM card doesn’t increase mode multipliers?

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can you confirm, but I thought I read somewhere completing a mode with B.B. and collecting the SIM card doesn’t increase mode multipliers?

BB finishes any disaster in progress but does _not_ collect the SIM card - you still have to do that yourself. Any SIM card collected counts the same toward the multipliers, no matter how it got lit.

#933 1 year ago

Can't... Stop... Playing...

20171017_202829 (resized).jpg

#934 1 year ago

And....??

#935 1 year ago

Ok... So I have a couple questions:

At the start of some balls the quantum mechanic puts the wrench down (ramp diverter) and there is a gong sound (before you launch your ball). What's the deal with that?

Where does the spider fit into the story of the machine? It seems really random compared to all the other elements in the machine.

Thanks!

#936 1 year ago

I just wanted to post a couple quick pics and a video of my custom designed Dialed In topper. It was designed especially for a client. I tried to contact JJP but never heard back so this topper will not be for sale Nevertheless it was a fun topper to design for a great game!

BA01EE04-A625-42EE-9942-8AC29F448A33 (resized).jpeg

95920304-FAC1-4B74-9ED8-D9C41175B669 (resized).jpeg

8D13135C-EE11-457F-8997-526F15EDEBCD (resized).jpeg

70B749A5-4081-4E08-B1C5-7043F93E008F (resized).jpeg

5486D422-2969-4482-8DF7-CCAD08C1214D (resized).jpeg

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

I just wanted to post a couple quick pics and a video of my custom designed Dialed In topper. It was designed especially for a client. I tried to contact JJP but never heard back so this topper will not be for sale Nevertheless it was a fun topper to design for a great game!
» YouTube video

That topper is awesome, I want one!

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Ok... So I have a couple questions:
At the start of some balls the quantum mechanic puts the wrench down (ramp diverter) and there is a gong sound (before you launch your ball). What's the deal with that?

The diverter comes down when LOCK is lit, and goes back up when the LOCK is collected. It's also down for ACID RAIN, until the jets are collected.

Quoted from brucipher:

Where does the spider fit into the story of the machine? It seems really random compared to all the other elements in the machine.

I've thought that as well, other than "D-BUG!" being one of the QC buildings (albeit never a broadcast sponsor, like all the other businesses). <shrug>

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That topper is awesome, I want one!

Do we know if JJP are planning one for DI?

#940 1 year ago

Finally got my JJP phone and SIM protectors and my cliffy shooter lane protector installed... installation wasn’t too bad.

38ECFD87-8B25-494F-9805-4F219CEF17EF (resized).jpeg
02C9B129-F9CF-4943-87DD-8F191CAAAF98 (resized).jpeg
8C35FF59-3F44-4E7C-9320-BAEEC2E153A8 (resized).jpeg

#941 1 year ago

That's a Crazy S.O.B. behind you! I meant CrazyLevi behind you.

#942 1 year ago

DI CE has a topper
Standard has the flash bulb for selfies
LE does not have one

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Finally got my JJP phone and SIM protectors and my cliffy shooter lane protector installed... installation wasn’t too bad.

You're missing the right side of the shooter lane protector.

#944 1 year ago

wait why not sell that topper? I guess trademark concerns?

#945 1 year ago

Cocnretehardt, I just recently received my JJP phone protector and will be installing shortly. Do you fine the the phone scoop more difficult to hit now?

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

Cocnretehardt, I just recently received my JJP phone protector and will be installing shortly. Do you fine the the phone scoop more difficult to hit now?

Yes the phone scoop is a bit harder to hit now for sure, not too bad but a bit more challenging to stick the shot.

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do we know if JJP are planning one for DI?

They seem to be leaving some money on the table if they aren't. Maybe trying to make the CE buyers feel special.

#948 1 year ago

The collectors are sitting. I just ordered an le, my distributor had 17 in stock....no one really interested since no big difference.

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from JMK:

I removed my factory protector and replaced it with the cliffy - it's a bit thinner and smaller around the edges and seem to effect the ball a lot less; the factory one was actually raised off the playfield. Same for the SIM card one.

#950 1 year ago

I know it's been said already,but what is the best setting for the theatre magnet?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8,000.00
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside