IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 273.
#9401 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I like that mod, too, but I decided against it because it blocks the view of the ball when it‘s making it‘s 180° turn. ...

Interesting comment. I purchased my DI from another collector and it already had the mod in the back left. I like it but have never known the game without it.

Why does blocking view of the 180 turn cause a problem? You just like watching it or something else?

You’ve got me wondering what I’m missing.

#9402 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I like that mod, too, but I decided against it because it blocks the view of the ball when it‘s making it‘s 180° turn. I would like something similiar, but more in 2D which only covers that blank spot on the backboard. I‘d try to make something myself, but I‘m not completely sure how to wire LEDs together and hook it up and be sure I won‘t damage the game.

It doesn't block view of the ball though...I have it on mine and really like it. Its a lot of transparent film (windows) that lets you see through it...plus when combined with the light from the mod that illuminates that whole area, and the shininess of the ball lets you see the ball going around the ramp.

Here is an attempted pic for you ->

20191021_111744 (resized).jpg20191021_111744 (resized).jpg

I really like the mod...especially on a standard since it illuminates that whole corner. Also...I think it adds immersion by making it look more like a city scape, plus visually I think that area needs something "vertical" to help balance out the heights of betty, station 3, phone, theater, etc.

The one thing I didn't like with the mod...is the gray mounting tabs. If they could have been clear, ...that would have been best.

One tab is mostly hidden by the high voltage signs, but the one on the left is always visible ->

20191021_112022 (resized).jpg20191021_112022 (resized).jpg

When I was taking the pictures...I decided to go ahead and do something about it. I added some electric tape around the tabs like this ->

20191021_113136 (resized).jpg20191021_113136 (resized).jpg

What an improvement for a 10 second fix!

20191021_113236 (resized).jpg20191021_113236 (resized).jpg

Oh....and...when I was back there I noticed that there is a notch in the back panel...which looks like the ramp plastic should "rest" in that notch. But mine doesn't....my ramp plastic lip is just below it, but its not tight to the back panel...still has a tiny bit of play. But no vertical play since the metal mounts for the ramp lock it in place.

Does anybody else's DI have the ramp lip resting in this groove?

20191021_113142 (resized).jpg20191021_113142 (resized).jpg

#9403 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

It would be one thing if it were just a challenging shot... however on my machine at least it’s almost always an accidental shot banked off something else. There are challenging shots and there are damn near impossible shots. That’s with the cliffy removed and top rubber gone... I can hit the train lock shot nearly every time from that flipper but the sim shot maybe 2% from that flipper. Seems like it should be Makeable.. just don’t get it.

The sim card shot is hard on my game too, but I have the protector and rubbers in place. I'm more excited when I get it in there

Rob

#9404 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Why does blocking view of the 180 turn cause a problem? You just like watching it or something else?

I guess I really like watching the ball, and I‘m always leary of mods which block the view.

Quoted from Gogdog:

It doesn't block view of the ball though...I have it on mine and really like it. Its a lot of transparent film (windows) that lets you see through it...plus when combined with the light from the mod that illuminates that whole area, and the shininess of the ball lets you see the ball going around the ramp.

Interesting thought, that the lighting balances out the partially blocked view. I may have to reconsider. I suppose if I don‘t like it I could use the LEDs and plug to make my own 2D version.

#9405 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

It would be one thing if it were just a challenging shot... however on my machine at least it’s almost always an accidental shot banked off something else. There are challenging shots and there are damn near impossible shots. That’s with the cliffy removed and top rubber gone... I can hit the train lock shot nearly every time from that flipper but the sim shot maybe 2% from that flipper. Seems like it should be Makeable.. just don’t get it.

I have the same issue. Purist’s are going to hate this but I’m going to see if I can make a modification to make it a little wider.

#9406 4 years ago

I made some different instruction cards (this was a test print). Yay or nay?

CCF815F5-AEA5-43A8-AC8F-A313AB8A52F6 (resized).jpegCCF815F5-AEA5-43A8-AC8F-A313AB8A52F6 (resized).jpeg
#9407 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I made some different instruction cards (this was a test print). Yay or nay?[quoted image]

I like how you carried the background image through

#9408 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I like how you carried the background image through

It’s a little off, but close enough I think. Had to darken it a bit for the text. Posted a few different ones that can be printed:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/12#post-5267214

#9409 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

It’s a little off, but close enough I think. Had to darken it a bit for the text. Posted a few different ones that can be printed:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/12#post-5267214

I think it looks great...I'm definitely printing some of them. I do like the understated (almost classy) looking original silver cards from JJP but it might be nice to spice it up a bit with these.

#9410 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I have the same issue. Purist’s are going to hate this but I’m going to see if I can make a modification to make it a little wider.

Like cut the wood or adjust the posts on either side? I wouldn’t risk either personally, even though that shot has been pissing me off forever. Interested to see what u try though and how it turns out.

#9411 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Like cut the wood or adjust the posts on either side? I wouldn’t risk either personally, even though that shot has been pissing me off forever. Interested to see what u try though and how it turns out.

I'd never cut the wood, anything i'd make would be reversible.

#9412 4 years ago

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..
Any advice

74883045_148044193090943_1823631792347807744_o (resized).jpg74883045_148044193090943_1823631792347807744_o (resized).jpg
#9413 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..
Any advice [quoted image]

I got a replacement from jjp but have never fitted it, machine doesn't seem to suffer without it. I guess there's a tiny chance a ball rolling slowly up the left orbit could sit in the gap but it's never happened to me, and a ball search would probably free it if it did.

#9414 4 years ago

I'm looking for a way to connect my UV Flashers from Pinstadiums to the shaker motor in my DILE. I need to find a way to connect to the low voltage data wires but don't know where to start. Does anybody have an idea?

#9415 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I got a replacement from jjp but have never fitted it, machine doesn't seem to suffer without it. I guess there's a tiny chance a ball rolling slowly up the left orbit could sit in the gap but it's never happened to me, and a ball search would probably free it if it did.

+1, had mine fixed, broke again, left it. Worst case it's gonna damage your trapdoor over time (no wear on mine after 100+ games), but the replacement trapdoor is cheap enough to risk it.

#9416 4 years ago

Thanks !

#9417 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..

https://pu-parts.com/dialed-in-crazy-bobs-trap-door-replacement

but as said above, forget it...

#9418 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

First million reached
First Bob trap broken..

Yes,call JJP and they'll send you a replacement trapdoor.There's
a post somewhere in this thread on how to fix this problem. I'll try and find it when I get a chance,and then I'll post it for you.It's a very easy fix and I haven't broke a trapdoor in a long time.
I broke four in less than a year, before I did the recommended fix.

#9419 4 years ago

just got a bug i've never seen before :

was playing ARMAGEDDON
mod ends, balls out, got to see the points made, get the city screen back, all was ready to continue, but than no new ball in the shooterlane, save ball insert was blinking nonstop at high speed, no ball search, even can't tilt the game, nothing...

someone else ?

#9420 4 years ago

if this can help others : Ted just told me its surelly the lane switch being stuck...

#9421 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
"Ted Says..."

Quoted from RipleYYY:

if this can help others : Ted just told me its surelly the lane switch being stuck...

#9422 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

was playing ARMAGEDDON
mod ends, balls out, got to see the points made, get the city screen back, all was ready to continue, but than no new ball in the shooterlane, save ball insert was blinking nonstop at high speed, no ball search, even can't tilt the game, nothing...
someone else ?

What version are you on? This sounds very familiar and might have been a bug on much earlier code.

#9423 4 years ago

ha ok... missed this (old) info than...

but i'm of course with the last one

#9424 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

was playing ARMAGEDDON
someone else ?

Yeah, pretty sure this was a bug. Biggest let-down bug in pinball history for me! I haven't made it back there to confirm it's been fixed.

#9425 4 years ago

oups than, as i've played ARMAGEDDON more than few times, on vary code versions (didnt remember the oldest one), and always without a prob

:/

#9426 4 years ago

I may might be joining this club soon!

Looking forward to giving this a try.

#9427 4 years ago

New code is giving me inconsistent coil power for the phone scoop, and the voices do not match as well as 1.57... might have to try the processor swap.

#9428 4 years ago

Tranquilize DO IT. It’s less than 1% of the value of this machine but makes a complete difference in how it plays. Call me crazy, but I’d say the BEST money I’ve spent so far on DI is the processor upgrade. Quick / Cheap / Easy. You’ll never want to look back.

#9429 4 years ago

Am I right is saying new code has stopped drones working or are mine broken?

#9430 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Am I right is saying new code has stopped drones working or are mine broken?

My drones have not worked for a year.
But I don’t really notice it either.

#9431 4 years ago

no, drones are still used, but much (much) less...

to be sure, simply test them in the set-up

#9432 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

no, drones are still used, but much (much) less...
to be sure, simply test them in the set-up

I am on v1.73 and could not see a test option in set-up can someone please confirm where the test mode is.

#9433 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I am on v1.73 and could not see a test option in set-up can someone please confirm where the test mode is.

Think it's in the coil test. Scroll down and you'll see each of them.

#9434 4 years ago

I'm tired of looking at the factory guys initials on the Monkey Wrench, High Voltage Mulitballs so I made a solid effort to go for them and knock them down. I failed. I got to the Bob's Muliballs but didn't do well enough to knock it down. I know the lower B in the BOB standup can be tough to get but it does happen and they spot you the first one on default. I accepted that they will probably not update the programming to cycle the BOB shots. It a fun strategy if you get tired of slamming through the modes.

#9435 4 years ago

Drones work for me using the 1.73 code.

#9436 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I'm tired of looking at the factory guys initials on the Monkey Wrench, High Voltage Mulitballs so I made a solid effort to go for them and knock them down. I failed. I got to the Bob's Muliballs but didn't do well enough to knock it down. I know the lower B in the BOB standup can be tough to get but it does happen and they spot you the first one on default. I accepted that they will probably not update the programming to cycle the BOB shots. It a fun strategy if you get tired of slamming through the modes.

I really, really hope they do update the code for BOB targets. It's the only thing the game needs to make it top 5. Without it, BOB awards become an afterthought, a fluke award that is nice once in a while.

#9437 4 years ago

Curious to know if any recent updates added a finale to the Showdown wizard mode?

I had the game about a year ago, and when I managed to get to Showdown, it was a bit anti climatic to finish the final battle and then just return to regular gameplay.

I'm considering getting another DI, as I really do miss it!

#9438 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Curious to know if any recent updates added a finale to the Showdown wizard mode?
I had the game about a year ago, and when I managed to get to Showdown, it was a bit anti climatic to finish the final battle and then just return to regular gameplay.
I'm considering getting another DI, as I really do miss it!

Doesn't Showdown lead into some kind of Victory Laps? I don't think there's (still) any fanfare for beating Showdown, but I have never made it there myself (just seen video of it). I think the game is absolutely done as far as JJP are concerned. One can assume they want to finish Wonka and get the next game ready for production.

Rob

#9439 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Think it's in the coil test. Scroll down and you'll see each of them.

Sure is, so I tested the drones in the coil menu, only the black one spun, the white and silver do not spin but I do see leds on them, so I assume those two are broken.
Does anyone know where I can get replacements from and what would the cost be?

#9440 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

tranquilize DO IT. It’s less than 1% of the value of this machine but makes a complete difference in how it plays. Call me crazy, but I’d say the BEST money I’ve spent so far on DI is the processor upgrade. Quick / Cheap / Easy. You’ll never want to look back.

is there a link to this upgrade?

#9441 4 years ago

Showdown hasn't changed.
I'd really like it if the finale for beating Showdown was a flipper de-activation, balls drain and fanfare on the screen. Then the game starts over. As it is now it just starts over.

#9442 4 years ago

It just occurred to me that before 1.73, I frequently had the problem with the red tinted phone screen on game startup (like this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/102#post-4540875). Since 1.73, the phone screen seems to be brighter than before and the tinting has not recurred a single time. Fingers crossed that they actually fixed the problem in software!
Can anybody else confirm my observation?

#9443 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Showdown hasn't changed.
I'd really like it if the finale for beating Showdown was a flipper de-activation, balls drain and fanfare on the screen. Then the game starts over. As it is now it just starts over.

Exactly my thoughts. I've only been to it once, but when I finally beat it, there was nothing there that made it feel special.

I think ended it in fashion like Medieval Madness would just put this game over the top for me. I love the opening sequence to Showdown... Just wish the finale was better.

#9444 4 years ago

earlier talks with Joe :

* BOB targets : he knows we would like to have an update, but they (the coders team) discussed it, and for now answer is no change there
* showdown : same... and in this case he said that's the remaining part needeed a better touch, for making the end of the game more explosive

that means we should hope to have almost 1 more update

#9445 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

earlier talks with Joe :
* BOB targets : he knows we would like to have an update, but they (the coders team) discussed it, and for now answer is no change there

After the last update I figured that they decided against it because it stayed the same. That's fine....challenge accepted! I found new life in the game by not going after the modes all the time....the same with the Theatre MB.

#9446 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

earlier talks with Joe :
* showdown : same... and in this case he said that's the remaining part needeed a better touch, for making the end of the game more explosive
that means we should hope to have almost 1 more update

As weird as it may be, that is what's keeping me from owning the game again.

I had it for about a year, and finished it, but found the end a bit lackluster. I've been missing the game since I came across it again at a local arcade. Knowing there was an epic ending would make this a bolt-to-the-floor keeper I'd have to have!

#9447 4 years ago

What is this Processor swap that is mentioned?

Where can I get this & how much is it please.

jrawlinson_2000 - likely you drone motors are knackered- contact Phil pinballheavenuk he can help you out.

#9448 4 years ago

for weeks no answer from JJP (Steve) on my mails. Have since 18 june a broken ramp, a replacement I got promised. Does anyone know what's going on ?

#9449 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Worf:

for weeks no answer from JJP (Steve) on my mails. Have since 18 june a broken ramp, a replacement I got promised. Does anyone know what's going on ?

I don't know what's going on,but once you get your new ramp,make sure you stop the ramp from hitting the wire form above it, when the trap door opens.If not,you'll be needing another ramp in a month or so. Lloyd had a quick and easy fix listed somewhere in this thread.

#9450 4 years ago

Anybody want a full set of factory Titan rubbers?

PM if interested.

IMG_20191031_165605 (resized).jpgIMG_20191031_165605 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.