IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 273.
#9351 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You mean the picture is right? Or I’m right as in they are installled incorrectly and should be under the actual plastics?

Oh, sorry. Brevity is not always the answer. Yes, you're right. It's installed wrong. The clear protector should be under the screened plastic, sticking out aroung the edges of them.

#9352 4 years ago

Almost had my first 1,000,000 game last night. Ended up around 980,000.

Am I in the baby league here? Do most of the people posting consistently get a million in their sleep?

... Altan

#9353 4 years ago

Hey all,

Is it still public holidays in America? I have emailed JJP for the new scoop protectors, as my DI (SE) has the old protectors on it (reject city) but not heard anything back in a couple of days.

Cheers,
James

#9354 4 years ago

I get a million+ pretty regularly I would say. I see scores in the 5 million+ range and I feel like an awful player lol.

#9355 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Hey all,
Is it still public holidays in America? I have emailed JJP for the new scoop protectors, as my DI (SE) has the old protectors on it (reject city) but not heard anything back in a couple of days.
Cheers,
James

Get the mantis protector. Much better with no rejects due to the lip of the cliffy style protector. No holidays until the end of November here in the States.

#9356 4 years ago

Thanks FatPanda - how odd that they haven't even replied... a lot of the UK guys have the 2.0 cliffy style protectors and are very happy with them... personally prefer them if they work as well as they should over the mantis ones, but each to their own I guess.

Appreciate the swift reply good sir.

#9357 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Am I in the baby league here? Do most of the people posting consistently get a million in their sleep?
... Altan

well, 1.000.000 pts is where i've set the FREEPLAY on mine (to hear the knocker)...

but dont worry, each one with our own skills, for the same fun

#9358 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I have emailed JJP for the new scoop protectors,

Please open a ticket under Support at jerseyjackpinball.com

Thank you,
Lloyd

#9359 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

... Altan

Comparing your scores to others on their machines is not really worth much, IMO. There are so many differences possible, even the slightest ones, that 1M might be a great score on your game and not so fantastic on someone else's...impossible to say. As long as you're enjoying the experience, you're doing it right.

#9360 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Get the mantis protector. Much better with no rejects due to the lip of the cliffy style protector. No holidays until the end of November here in the States.

Mantis style one won't protect the clear at the lip from chipping, which is not an obscure possibility on Dialed In's clear. The actual Cliffy protector that JJP eventually included is the way to go and doesn't reject like crazy like the terrible knockoff JJP tried to do themselves. Worth the effort to install the JJP-provided Cliffy.

#9361 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please open a ticket under Support at jerseyjackpinball.com
Thank you,
Lloyd

I've submitted two tickets over the past 3months with JJP regarding my POTC and have heard nothing. I guess they have enough new customers and don't care about repeat buyers.

#9362 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've submitted two tickets over the past 3months with JJP regarding my POTC and have heard nothing. I guess they have enough new customers and don't care about repeat buyers.

Call them and ask for Steve. He has access to the ticket desk. I don't. He is swamped, but hopefully he'll get to you.

Thank you,
Lloyd

#9363 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I just found out that Frank isn't there anymore so it all seems to fall to Steve for support, which has to be CRAZY. I would definitely call and not use the ticketing system.

#9364 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

all seems to fall to Steve for support

For Steve, especially if you need parts. Shannan if you just need parts. Butch hops in now and then, and like me, can't send parts. I'm mostly tech help to get you through problems not needing parts, or until you get to that point.

LTG : )

#9365 4 years ago

thanks @ltg - I opened a ticket a few days ago, but nothing as of yet :/ - calling will cost me from the UK as on mobile, probably more than buying some cliffys hahaha

#9366 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mantis style one won't protect the clear at the lip from chipping, which is not an obscure possibility on Dialed In's clear. The actual Cliffy protector that JJP eventually included is the way to go and doesn't reject like crazy like the terrible knockoff JJP tried to do themselves. Worth the effort to install the JJP-provided Cliffy.

I'll point out the obvious that on my game, there isnt chipping on my phone scoop. Similarly, I have a Mantis style protector on my XMLE without any wear at the Blackbird scoop. Same style of protector. Of course, It's your game and you can choose to use what you please. IME, the Mantis style protector does a fine job with 0% of rejection due to the protector itself.

#9367 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll point out the obvious that on my game, there isnt chipping on my phone scoop. Similarly, I have a Mantis style protector on my XMLE without any wear at the Blackbird scoop. Same style of protector. Of course, It's your game and you can choose to use what you please. IME, the Mantis style protector does a fine job with 0% of rejection due to the protector itself.

It works until it doesn't. With the chipping we got around the SIM hole within 50 plays, I wouldn't risk leaving the area around an edge exposed in Dialed In with a mantis-style protector. That particular machine seemed (seems?) to have especially brittle clear. Dunno if that was addressed in later runs, though...

#9368 4 years ago

Thanks for all the comments, gliebig - I can buy some Cliffy's in stock in the UK for £50 - but kinda feel it shouldn't take 3 months for a response... hmm, the rejects do make it frustrating as anything to play...

#9369 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It works until it doesn't. With the chipping we got around the SIM hole within 50 plays, I wouldn't risk leaving the area around an edge exposed in Dialed In with a mantis-style protector. That particular machine seemed (seems?) to have especially brittle clear. Dunno if that was addressed in later runs, though...

As they say, YMMV. I've got plenty of plays on mine, and it's all good.

#9370 4 years ago

Folks, my DI magnets mylar is now all mashed up, what should I do?

Leave it as it.
Take it off.
Replace it.

20190818_112830 (resized).jpg20190818_112830 (resized).jpg20190818_112853 (resized).jpg20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
#9371 4 years ago

Take it off. It's just the little disc on the top of the magnet stud itself. The rest of the mylar can stay on.

#9372 4 years ago

Yeah, carefully cut out the worn part that covers the magnet core with a sharp xacto knife. You can try cutting the one in the theater from the bottom of the playfield. Obviously you have to remove the magnet for that.

#9373 4 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Folks, my DI magnets mylar is now all mashed up, what should I do?
Leave it as it.
Take it off.
Replace it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that should have never been covered. It should have been a mylar donut with a hole in the middle. I carefully cut the one out we had with an x-acto and pulled it off so this didn't happen. You should probably do the same. Leave the rest of the mylar on the PF around it, though.

#9374 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that should have never been covered. It should have been a mylar donut with a hole in the middle. I carefully cut the one out we had with an x-acto and pulled it off so this didn't happen. You should probably do the same. Leave the rest of the mylar on the PF around it, though.

Any “harm” in not removing it as in potential wear or bubbling around the magnet? Or is it just more of a localized problem per se? Also, once it is worn as posted above, would it start to affect the magnet and it’s play?

#9375 4 years ago

It affects the ball when the magnet attempts to catch it and when it releases it. And gets worse as the Mylar bubbles more.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9376 4 years ago

I listed my DI LE for sale this week to make room and raise funds for an incoming pin. I got several interested in it before I came to my senses and realized that I'd be making a HUGE mistake by letting her go. I can afford the financial hit. I removed the ad.
Whew. That was a close one.

#9377 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I listed my DI LE for sale this week to make room and raise funds for an incoming pin. I got several interested in it before I came to my senses and realized that I'd be making a HUGE mistake by letting her go. I can afford the financial hit. I removed the ad.

Never letting mine go. When I go back to after a while, I realize just how awesome of a game it is.

#9378 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've been playing the hell out of Wonka since I got it.When I go to DI
It doesn't seem the same as it was.After Wonka it actually slows things down,but I'm afraid
If I sold it I would be sorry down the road

#9379 4 years ago

Just put a deposit on a STandard floor model! Now gotta make the trip to get it and pay the rest! Can’t wait for this game to be in the “Fortress of Solitude” aka man cave.

#9380 4 years ago

Still not heard anything back from JJP! I’m really surprised actually, I mean... how many emails can one person get through a day and how many are there in front of mine. It’s not even complex, the process is in place for replacement protectors. Open email, verify serial number, order up on parts FOC, confirm dispatch, reply to customer. 10 minute job surely...

#9381 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I've been playing the hell out of Wonka since I got it.When I go to DI
It doesn't seem the same as it was.After Wonka it actually slows things down,but I'm afraid
If I sold it I would be sorry down the road

Yep Wonka is much faster and i like the layout more... but i still love di and its not leaving

#9382 4 years ago

In my opinion DI is the best pinball machine ever created.

#9383 4 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

Any “harm” in not removing it as in potential wear or bubbling around the magnet? Or is it just more of a localized problem per se? Also, once it is worn as posted above, would it start to affect the magnet and it’s play?

Better to remove it from the post (and clean off any goo residue left behind) as it will eventually affect the ball grabbing and throwing.

#9384 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

In my opinion DI is the best pinball machine ever created.

let's admit : one of the best, without a doubt

but anyway, i've played it enough to actually thinking swap it for something else, simply because i have to do as it (no freeplace home)

#9385 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

but anyway, i've played it enough to actually thinking swap it for something else, simply because i have to do as it (no freeplace home

Don't do it, you'll regret it! Unless it's a temporary swap.

Rob

#9386 4 years ago

Joined the club yesterday.
What a great pin
980 000 currently as my best game

#9387 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Joined the club yesterday.
What a great pin
980 000 currently as my best game

t'as craqué !? ...

#9388 4 years ago

Can someone give me a rundown of the must do mods? Or adjustments? Getting a standard and want it to be all it can be! Also anyone have alternative characters to replace big lady or lightning guy?

#9389 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Can someone give me a rundown of the must do mods? Or adjustments? Getting a standard and want it to be all it can be! Also anyone have alternative characters to replace big lady or lightning guy?

What?! Don’t use alternative characters! Betty and QED are awesome.

The game really doesn’t need any mods. I’m sure there are some out there, but i wouldn’t call any must do.

One of the first adjustments you should do is to cut the Mylar around the two small circular magnets at the theater and by the drones. They will get shredded. Other than that, see how it plays and what you may need to do. Most issues are addressed in the key notes section of this thread, so I would just recommend reading through that.

#9390 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Making room is the bigger issue, tough to pick what pin must go in your lineup to make room for another. Your DI plays so good and truly is DIaled In . I think you made the right call!

#9391 4 years ago

Played my DILE for 2 hours tonight. What a fantastic game. I have Addams Gold, Congo, MB, SS and RRWOZ but still drawn to DI more.

#9392 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Damn close! Good thing Donnie was gone otherwise I’d be playing this baby!!!

#9393 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Hey all,
Cheers,
James

Hi James
You won’t hear anything, iv had exactly the same problem with over an issue with my WOZ. After emailing numerous people
at the company over the coarse of a few weeks I give.
Appalling after sales service to say the least. They are obviously selling that many pinballs now, they don’t need to
keep repeat customers happy.
The only person who I have found very
helpful and always responds to any technical issues on this site is Steve.
I got a set of Cliffy protectors from pinball heaven over here.

#9394 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi James
You won’t hear anything, iv had exactly the same problem with over an issue with my WOZ. After emailing numerous people
at the company over the coarse of a few weeks I give.
Appalling after sales service to say the least. They are obviously selling that many pinballs now, they don’t need to
keep repeat customers happy.
The only person who I have found very
helpful and always responds to any technical issues on this site is Steve.
I got a set of Cliffy protectors from pinball heaven over here.

Sorry correction not a Steve Lloyd

#9395 4 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Can someone give me a rundown of the must do mods? Or adjustments?

MODS:

-- I like the pop bumper building made by mezel mods. It changes color with the pops and gives a much-needed addition to the emptiness of that far back left side.

-- I also added the crazy bob sign kit by mezel mods.

-- If you do either of those things above, you'll also need to add the power kit by mezel mods so you have enough places to plug in for power. https://mezelmods.com/collections/dialed-in-pinball-mods

ADJUSTMENTS:

-- Make it so you can collect sim cards from ball to ball. That's the way it should be imo, but the factory settings are set so that you can only collect a sim card on the same ball in which you light it. Makes it tough.

-- I changed it from warnings (tilts) per game to warnings per ball.

=================================================================

That's it, really. I also added pinstadium but that's not a must-add imo.

#9396 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

ADJUSTMENTS:
-- Make it so you can collect sim cards from ball to ball. That's the way it should be imo, but the factory settings are set so that you can only collect a sim card on the same ball in which you light it. Makes it tough.

I've done the same, this should really be the default setting (on 98% of the games out there).

#9397 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

t'as craqué !? ...

Yes

#9398 4 years ago

I would disagree, but we all have our opinions I like the added challenge of having to get the sim card during the same ball in play.

Rob

#9399 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I would disagree, but we all have our opinions I like the added challenge of having to get the sim card during the same ball in play.
Rob

It would be one thing if it were just a challenging shot... however on my machine at least it’s almost always an accidental shot banked off something else. There are challenging shots and there are damn near impossible shots. That’s with the cliffy removed and top rubber gone... I can hit the train lock shot nearly every time from that flipper but the sim shot maybe 2% from that flipper. Seems like it should be Makeable.. just don’t get it.

#9400 4 years ago

-- I like the pop bumper building made by mezel mods. It changes color with the pops and gives a much-needed addition to the emptiness of that far back left side.

I like that mod, too, but I decided against it because it blocks the view of the ball when it‘s making it‘s 180° turn. I would like something similiar, but more in 2D which only covers that blank spot on the backboard. I‘d try to make something myself, but I‘m not completely sure how to wire LEDs together and hook it up and be sure I won‘t damage the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/188 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.