IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 273.
#9301 4 years ago
Quoted from poup:

Marvelous !

comme quoi

and yes than, seems there's are finally more than few little changes not listed in the "read me"
i may be wrong, but when in multiball, now the prior screen is the one showing the "add a ball" situation

#9302 4 years ago

Can any one point me in the right direction, to where I can buy a set of
drones for my dialed in.?

#9303 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Can any one point me in the right direction,

I believe links were posted on this topic. Unfortunately 187 pages to scroll through.

LTG : )

#9304 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Can any one point me in the right direction, to where I can buy a set of
drones for my dialed in.?

Quick google search "site:pinside.com dialed in drones aliexpress".

Search for Cheerson CX-10 on aliexpress.

#9305 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Quick google search "site:pinside.com dialed in drones aliexpress".
Search for Cheerson CX-10 on aliexpress.

Oh, and if you get them, go ahead and add a resistor to the drones and you'll probably never have a problem again. (also detailed in this thread)

#9306 4 years ago

Hello DI fans,
I own game number 4 LE . It’s barley broken in because it has not been played much. I have never upgraded code. I would love to but need help. I have a 16 GB USB flash drive. Is this correct for the code update? Also I could not find out where to download the new code. I do not do Facebook or Instagram. Thanks,
Rob

#9307 4 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

I have a 16 GB USB flash drive. Is this correct for the code update?

It should work.

jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In. Follow instructions carefully, you may need to do the full install first and then the delta update.

#9308 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd,

I will give it a try.

Rob

#9309 4 years ago

As far as JJP coding those drones almost completely out because they are dying out on people's machines...that is crazy.

Can you imagine if you went and bought a Mercedes. You drive it home and find out the massaging seat control unit is drawing power while the vehicle is shut off. You go to start it and the battery is dead. You bring it to the dealer and instead of them fixing the problem and replacing the faulty control unit, they just deactivate the control unit. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands. You paid money for a product that doesn't work

This is essentially what JJP did with these drones. It's insane.

#9310 4 years ago

One pet peeve on mine on this game is the selfie mode. Not because of the pictures and mode itself, I actually really like t. It's because they use a Polaroid frame for the picture. If you're taking a selfie with a phone, why wouldn't the outline be of a smart phone?

#9311 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

As far as JJP coding those drones almost completely out because they are dying out on people's machines...that is crazy.
Can you imagine if you went and bought a Mercedes. You drive it home and find out the massaging seat control unit is drawing power while the vehicle is shut off. You go to start it and the battery is dead. You bring it to the dealer and instead of them fixing the problem and replacing the faulty control unit, they just deactivate the control unit. You'd have a lawsuit on your hands. You paid money for a product that doesn't work
This is essentially what JJP did with these drones. It's insane.

Its really not a huge deal.. u can't even really tell they light up or spin. I have never had issue with mine and i was on the 1.57 code till 2 days ago. Since upgrading i don't even notice a difference .

#9312 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its really not a huge deal.. u can't even really tell they light up or spin. I have never had issue with mine and i was on the 1.57 code till 2 days ago. Since upgrading i don't even notice a difference .

Dont you feel these drones spinning was just a waste of development money?

#9313 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

One pet peeve on mine on this game is the selfie mode. Not because of the pictures and mode itself, I actually really like t. It's because they use a Polaroid frame for the picture. If you're taking a selfie with a phone, why wouldn't the outline be of a smart phone?

I imagine the white borders and a square shape make the photos easier to see on the busy screen.

#9314 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm not disagreeing with this. To me it's more the principal of the matter.

#9315 4 years ago

I don't even notice if my drones are spinning or not. Don't really care if they do or do not.

#9316 4 years ago

few after buying the game, i've just set them OFF in the menu, and i'm not feeling i'm missing something...

#9317 4 years ago

I'm astonished at those responses. You guys paid for those drones and they don't work. It's not like JJP coded them out and gave you your money back. They took your money and basically shut the off....and you're cool with that? OK....

#9318 4 years ago

i guess its a decision to make, whether to own the game, if the drones spinning is important enough.

#9319 4 years ago

It's not really important. If they were static toys from launch, would you have been upset that they weren't functional? Maybe drones on a spring would be more appropriate?

In the scheme of things, if you didn't point out that the drones were functional to someone that has never seen or played the game, they wouldn't even notice. It doesn't affect game play in any regard.

#9320 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

You guys paid for those drones and they don't work.

They work. All the mini drones out there have a short life span sometimes. In commercial use I've had one fail. Replaced it and it and all the others still work.

Quoted from NightTrain:

It's not like JJP coded them out

JJP did cut down the run time in software to help make them last longer.

#9321 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm astonished at those responses. You guys paid for those drones and they don't work. It's not like JJP coded them out and gave you your money back. They took your money and basically shut the off....and you're cool with that? OK....

there're so many good things in this game than just focusing on the drones (not working as first intended)
even if of course, on the main line, you're right

#9322 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nah, the Polaroid throwback is cool....

#9323 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Nah, the Polaroid throwback is cool....

Jack tells a story on how he had the idea of using a Polaroid camera back in the day. It was something he always wanted to incorporate...and finally did with DI being the first.

#9324 4 years ago

Wondering how often sdtm drops are happening for others (running newest code)?? I can’t get thru the mode anymore w/out one or two of the drops from the theatre not getting thrown by a magnet at all. Which of course is a sdtm without some pretty heavy nudging .. really ruins the mode for me and is super frustrating. This shouldn’t happen hardly ever on this mode right?? That’s the point of all the magnets - to throw the ball around as it drops out of the theatre?

#9325 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Wondering how often sdtm drops are happening for others (running newest code)?? I can’t get thru the mode anymore w/out one or two of the drops from the theatre not getting thrown by a magnet at all. Which of course is a sdtm without some pretty heavy nudging .. really ruins the mode for me and is super frustrating. This shouldn’t happen hardly ever on this mode right?? That’s the point of all the magnets - to throw the ball around as it drops out of the theatre?

(Assuming you talk about EMP Strike), I agree. However that was already the case before the latest code. EMP Strike recently made me pay more attention to which mode I start when hitting the phone. I try to only start EMP Strike stacked with a MB or when Big Bang is lit, although even that is risky. Faced with EMP Strike in a tournament situation, I will just trap up and time it out. It's a typical risk/reward center shot (3 easy shots end the mode, but will almost certainly drain you) like so many similar shots in different machines throughout the decades that make pinball interesting. What I love about the Theater in DI is that this center shot can behave completely different depending on the situation, unlike a fixed/moving standup target (Gottlieb "Abra Ca Dabra", Williams "Space Mission"), captive ball (Williams "Fish Tales") or drop target bank (Stern "Memory Lane").

#9326 4 years ago

I expect it's pretty hard to describe, but what tips are out there for hitting the SIM card shot?

Missing that so much is keeping my scores down.

#9327 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

=============================================================================
== Version 01.73 September 25, 2019 ==
============================================================================
– NOTE: This is a “delta” upgrade, which must be installed over V01.60 or
V01.61 or V01.71
=== Game Code
* display performance enhancements
* QED and Betty now start moving at beginning of ball search instead of at end

You know, JJP has actually modified these release notes from when 1.73 first came out. I have a copy that I downloaded on Sept 25 and it only mentions the "display performance enhancements". At some point after 9/25 they edited the release notes to also include "QED and Betty now start moving at beginning of ball search instead of at end".

Just an FYI

#9328 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I expect it's pretty hard to describe, but what tips are out there for hitting the SIM card shot?
Missing that so much is keeping my scores down.

I use bank shots and always incorporate multiball into getting as many sims as possible.You can do a lot of damage with three ball multiball

#9329 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Wow I’m surprised this aspect of the game upsets you this much.
Do you even notice while your playing?My drones have all worked since day one. My biggest issue was cell phone assembly crapping out.

#9330 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you even notice while your playing?My drones have all worked since day one. My biggest issue was cell phone assembly crapping out.

The props turning or not is a non-starter.
You can't hear them and you will almost never see them unless you take your eye off the ball to see if they are rotating.
And when you see the blur where the props are I don't think it helps with the story or the game.
Not like the lightning fast witch legs do on the spinning house in WOZ. If these didn't work that would be an issue.

#9331 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No it doesn't bother me that much. I've only played the newest code anyhow. I just think it's nuts that others don't care. They bought the game new, paid for this feature, it's shit so JJP codes it out, and people are just cool with it.

Damn...I need more customers like that. What a win win!

#9332 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

No it doesn't bother me that much. I've only played the newest code anyhow. I just think it's nuts that others don't care. They bought the game new, paid for this feature, it's shit so JJP codes it out, and people are just cool with it.

You are right, you should get what you pay for.

#9333 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If they put the drones in as non-operational and merely decorative, no one would complain. I think the mistake was trying to have them operational. There’s no way those tiny motors would last for very long in a pin. I turned mine off and couldn’t care less.

#9334 4 years ago

I ordered 16 of those replacement motors for about $24 with shipping.

I agree it's no big deal if it doesn't work, but it's cooler if it does work.

... Altan

#9335 4 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

(Assuming you talk about EMP Strike), I agree. However that was already the case before the latest code. EMP Strike recently made me pay more attention to which mode I start when hitting the phone. I try to only start EMP Strike stacked with a MB or when Big Bang is lit, although even that is risky. Faced with EMP Strike in a tournament situation, I will just trap up and time it out. It's a typical risk/reward center shot (3 easy shots end the mode, but will almost certainly drain you) like so many similar shots in different machines throughout the decades that make pinball interesting. What I love about the Theater in DI is that this center shot can behave completely different depending on the situation, unlike a fixed/moving standup target (Gottlieb "Abra Ca Dabra", Williams "Space Mission"), captive ball (Williams "Fish Tales") or drop target bank (Stern "Memory Lane").

Yeah - whoops left that detail out of what mode I was talking about lol. Really feels like they could have coded the magnets a little more active for a few seconds after a ball is caught in the theatre and it drops. No problem with risk/reward but that’s ridiculous to have a required shot that stops the ball completely and then drops it straight down. Wouldn’t really call it risk/reward at that point. Just risk lol

#9336 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yeah - whoops left that detail out of what mode I was talking about lol. Really feels like they could have coded the magnets a little more active for a few seconds after a ball is caught in the theatre and it drops. No problem with risk/reward but that’s ridiculous to have a required shot that stops the ball completely and then drops it straight down. Wouldn’t really call it risk/reward at that point. Just risk lol

Try to raise the right rear leg adjuster one turn.

#9337 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I hold both flippers up when the ball drops from EMP and that usually works. I have come to find that the magnets never really do anything for altering ball trajectory most of the time. Yesterday a few times I did see the ball alter course slightly, but for a perfect SDTM correction. If the playfield magnets are supposed to alter the trajectory of the ball as it drops, the timing is off for them to do that because it just doesn't work. Maybe that could be a game setting to adjust magnet activation delay from theater drop?

Rob

#9338 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

... Altan

Maybe it could be a game setting for how active they are, but I suppose the programmers (and JJP in general) don't want people complaining when the motors burn out. Mine have lasted 2+ years and over 3000 plays on old code and keep on working (watch them fail now lol).

Rob

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

... Altan

Where did you order the motors?
Thank you

#9340 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I hold both flippers up when the ball drops from EMP and that usually works. I have come to find that the magnets never really do anything for altering ball trajectory most of the time. Yesterday a few times I did see the ball alter course slightly, but for a perfect SDTM correction. If the playfield magnets are supposed to alter the trajectory of the ball as it drops, the timing is off for them to do that because it just doesn't work. Maybe that could be a game setting to adjust magnet activation delay from theater drop?
Rob

You can change the magnet behavior in the settings, i am guessing this will apply to the magnets under the play field.

#9341 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

strange (as same pins are finally so different)

on mine, in EMP, this is more than often crazy with magnets, making TAF "THE POWER" being so friendly compare to DI lol

#9342 4 years ago

My magnets are nuts during EMP. I die within 15 seconds 80% of the time. Fun mode, but crazy dangerous. I'd say a short ball save would balance out the difficulty.

#9343 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My magnets are nuts during EMP. I die within 15 seconds 80% of the time. Fun mode, but crazy dangerous. I'd say a short ball save would balance out the difficulty.

Do the magnets alter the ball drop? Are your magnets set to default or not?

Rob

#9344 4 years ago

I get SDTM drains sometimes from EMP also. I know the magnets are supposed to affect the ball, but a lot of times they don't and I have to depend on the ball falling one way or the other to catch it with a flipper just enough to keep it into play. I'd like to see it a bit more active, at least initially, so that the ball doesn't go SDTM, or have the theater throw it to the upper right flipper.

#9345 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I get SDTM drains sometimes from EMP also. I know the magnets are supposed to affect the ball, but a lot of times they don't and I have to depend on the ball falling one way or the other to catch it with a flipper just enough to keep it into play. I'd like to see it a bit more active, at least initially, so that the ball doesn't go SDTM, or have the theater throw it to the upper right flipper.

Yeah — I get the idea behind dropping balls on this mode rather than throwing them but the magnets should def. be more active for 1.5 sec after a ‘catch’ in the theatre. Or a menu option to throw ball around rather than dropping in this mode.

#9346 4 years ago

I do have my magnets set to medium. I think the theatre should throw the ball back in every case. The electric guy ends up guiding the ball down the left drain half the time if it drops it. Better to just throw it back.

#9347 4 years ago

Dumb question here. Recently picked up this dialed in LE and the plastic protectors are mounted on TOP of the plastics. Never seen that before. I’m assuming these are installed incorrectly and should be UNDER the actual plastics...right?

5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
#9348 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dumb question here. Recently picked up this dialed in LE and the plastic protectors are mounted on TOP of the plastics. Never seen that before. I’m assuming these are installed incorrectly and should be UNDER the actual plastics...right?[quoted image]

That's right. Under.

#9349 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's right. Under.

You mean the picture is right? Or I’m right as in they are installled incorrectly and should be under the actual plastics?

#9350 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

should be under the actual plastics?

This one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/187?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.