IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 273.
#9201 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Shit happens???

Took me ten years to use "crap" instead.

Thank you though.

LTG : )

#9202 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you have a better response for this phenomena, I'll use it.

Malfunction at the junction. See who remembers where that is from

Rob

#9203 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wasn't meant to be harsh. It's a reality updating games with a USB stick. You can use the same stick over and over, and then one day the machine, or a different machine, doesn't like it.
Try a different USB stick usually does the trick.
If you have a better response for this phenomena, I'll use it.

I have used 2 diff usb sticks and redownloaded the file 3 times. Same result. Hard Drive not found.

#9204 4 years ago

Do you guys think an i5-3570 would be a worthwhile upgrade?

#9205 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have used 2 diff usb sticks and redownloaded the file 3 times. Same result. Hard Drive not found.

Have you ever successfully done an upgrade using that USB stick? Delta or full upgrade?

Hard drive not found seems more like you are trying to boot from a USB that doesn’t have a boot partition (ie a delta upgrade). A delta should be booting from the installed ssd then putting the USB stick in then upgrading.

#9206 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Have you ever successfully done an upgrade using that USB stick? Delta or full upgrade?
Hard drive not found seems more like you are trying to boot from a USB that doesn’t have a boot partition (ie a delta upgrade). A delta should be booting from the installed ssd then putting the USB stick in then upgrading.

Yes same stick used to update DI and WOZ several times.

#9207 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yes same stick used to update DI and WOZ several times.

Just some thoughts, no guarantees here...

Are you putting the delta upgrade on the same USB stick you did the full update? I think you are. If so, did you reformat the USB stick between?

I only asked because I tried to do a delta upgrade by adding the "di_upgrade" to the existing full upgrade USB (creating a new directory there) and the pin didn't recognize it. I formatted it and then it worked.

#9208 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Just some thoughts, no guarantees here...
Are you putting the delta upgrade on the same USB stick you did the full update? I think you are. If so, did you reformat the USB stick between?
I only asked because I tried to do a delta upgrade by adding the "di_upgrade" to the existing full upgrade USB (creating a new directory there) and the pin didn't recognize it. I formatted it and then it worked.

Let me try reformatting it. I did delete everything on the usb stick but did not reformat it.

#9209 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Let me try reformatting it. I did delete everything on the usb stick but did not reformat it.

Deleting it probably means it’s still there. Reformatting should completely wipe it and will likely help.

#9210 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

No, it's not compatible. The i5-3570 is socket 1155. You need a processor that is socket 1150.

Rob

#9211 4 years ago

Also a word of caution for anyone doing the cpu swap. When placing the heatsink back in place, make sure both sides of each leg press through the hole in the motherboard. It's very easy for one side to bend to the side and the other to fit in the hole. If you can easily pull the corner of the heatsink up after twisting the post to lock it, then one of the sides is probably not in the hole. Make sure the sides are pressed together on each leg before putting back in place.

Clean off old thermal compound with alcohol

A small pea sized dot of thermal grease in the middle of the cpu is all you need. Don't use the white compound

Rob

#9212 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

You want LGA1150 processors.

To upgrade WoZ, I went with
MSI/H81M-P33
I3-4170 with a 5191 passmark

These are other LGA1150 processors and their passmark scores (higher is better):
I3-4130 @ 3.4Ghz 4803
I3-4150 @ 3.5Ghz 4899 $129 - Newegg
I3-4160 @ 3.6Ghz 5047
I3-4170 @ 3.7Ghz 5191 $58 - Newegg

I5-4430 @ 3.0Ghz 6339
I5-4440 @ 3.1Ghz 6517
I5-4460 @ 3.2GhZ 6720 $149 - Newegg
I5-4570 @ 3.2GhZ 7153
I5-4590 @ 3.3Ghz 7338 $178 - Newegg

WoZ is noticibly snappier with lower loading times after the MB/CPU upgrade, but I don't know where the threshold for Dialed In is to get rid of the video lag. I think the low end of the i5 or the high end of the i3 would be enough.

#9213 4 years ago

LTG I just got a HUO DILE set up and installed 1.73. Problem is...I didn't check to see if 1.6 was already installed. Now it won't boot....what to do now?

#9214 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

ltg I just got a HUO DILE set up and installed 1.73. Problem is...I didn't check to see if 1.6 was already installed. Now it won't boot....what to do now?

Download 1.60 here:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DialedIn-v01.60.iso

(Full install instructions are here: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/)

put it on a USB using the ubootnetin utility, plug the USB into the machine, and turn it on.

When it finishes updating, reboot to make sure it works again, then do the delta update to 1.73.

#9215 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

.what to do now?

vireland has it :

Quoted from PinMonk:

Download the last full install version and then upgrade from there.

Follow instructions carefully.

#9216 4 years ago

Well hot damn. You guys rock. Thanks for the quick responses. Will do that now!

#9217 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I reformatted mine each time. Still the same issue...

#9218 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

How did you reformat it? Fat32, ExFat, or NTFS?

#9219 4 years ago

installed the update from 1.5x - Result: So far so good

- no more lags
- constant Scoop power (phonehole)
- some new light effects
- Flipper power feels way better now.

Thank you JJP-Team

#9220 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

So im not the only one.

#9221 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How did you reformat it? Fat32, ExFat, or NTFS?

Fat 32. I think the issue that I'm having goes beyond the flash drive. If the drive isn't working, I shouldn't see "operating system not found" or the Ubuntu boot screen. These both mean the OS is accessing the drive. Skymont appears to have the same issue.

I also tried a full format rather than quick format. Same issue.

#9222 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Fat 32. I think the issue that I'm having goes beyond the flash drive. If the drive isn't working, I shouldn't see "operating system not found" or the Ubuntu boot screen. Skymont appears to have the same issue.

I wonder if the Linux version was changed between those versions and now it doesn't recognize that USB drive. Is it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0? The motherboard has 4x USB 2.0 ports and 2x USB 3.0 ports. Which one is the USB extension cord that runs to the front of the machine plugged into?

#9223 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Fat 32. I think the issue that I'm having goes beyond the flash drive. If the drive isn't working, I shouldn't see "operating system not found" or the Ubuntu boot screen. These both mean the OS is accessing the drive. Skymont appears to have the same issue.
I also tried a full format rather than quick format. Same issue.

Have you showed a picture of computer screen on pinside of what you actually have downloaded onto the drive? Maybe someone will notice the issue, if it is an incorrect download procedure

#9224 4 years ago

I've tried a different usb port on the PC and the extended usb port for the bluetooth.

Here is what is on my flash drive (3.33GB):

ScreenJJP (resized).jpgScreenJJP (resized).jpg

#9225 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Are you trying a full install or delta update. 3.3GB looks like a full install. And are you following full install instructions ?

#9226 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I've tried a different usb port on the PC and the extended usb port for the bluetooth.
[quoted image]

Have you done updates before on this pin?

#9227 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this is the same issue you guys are having, but I did the delta upgrade last night. I installed the USB stick and started the machine, it would not boot. I pulled the stick out, booted the game, then inserted the stick. Upgrade worked.

#9228 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

but I did the delta upgrade last night. I installed the USB stick and started the machine, it would not boot. I pulled the stick out, booted the game, then inserted the stick. Upgrade worked.

Did you check what version is in your game now ?

That isn't how you do a delta update.

The instructions are on the same page where you get the download. For Full Install or Delta.

If you have 1.60 or higher number. Do the Delta Update. Put on a USB stick. Go to game with game turned on. Install the USB stick in the cable by the cash box. Go to Full Menu - Utilities - USB Update, then follow instructions on the screen.

Please follow instructions carefully.

#9229 4 years ago

An oops post

#9230 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Those of you who got the early LEs like me, check you ramp/oompa/camera guard. The holes in mine were a little oblong and one side went through the bolt holding it on, trapping a ball. The other side was lose because the bolt was too long and bottomed out (by design?). I added washers to keep it in place.

You might post this in the Willy Wonka thread.

#9231 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You might post this in the Willy Wonka thread.

Lol woops, was adding some mods to DI. I'll delete and post over there. Sorry.

#9232 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you check what version is in your game now ?
That isn't how you do a delta update.
The instructions are on the same page where you get the download. For Full Install or Delta.
If you have 1.60 or higher number. Do the Delta Update. Put on a USB stick. Go to game with game turned on. Install the USB stick in the cable by the cash box. Go to Full Menu - Utilities - USB Update, then follow instructions on the screen.
Please follow instructions carefully.

I explained myself poorly. What I meant to say is, make sure you don't have the USB stick installed before powering up for a delta upgrade, the game won't boot properly.

#9233 4 years ago

I am trying to update from 1.57 to 1.60 so that I can then do the delta update. I have followed the instructions from the JJP website, and I have reread the instructions several times.

I have used this flash drive to do previous full and delta updates. I do not use it for anything else, so it just sits in the coin box. I'll get another stick tomorrow, but I'm almost positive it's not the stick. The game is accessing the stick each time. It's just not liking what it sees.

#9234 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I am trying to update from 1.57 to 1.60 so that I can then do the delta update. I have followed the instructions from the JJP website, and I have reread the instructions several times.
I have used this flash drive to do previous full and delta updates. I do not use it for anything else, so it just sits in the coin box. I'll get another stick tomorrow, but I'm almost positive it's not the stick. The game is accessing the stick each time. It's just not liking what it sees.

When you formatted it, did you do a full or quick format? If quick, maybe try a full?

#9235 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When you formatted it, did you do a full or quick format? If quick, maybe try a full?

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Reformat the stick to Fat32 and then follow the instructions verbatim for the full 1.6 upgrade. Then reformat stick and follow instructions verbatim for the delta upgrade.

On a Mac you can use disk utility to reformat.

#9236 4 years ago

Anyone got this topper?
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/copy-of-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-topper

Could you measure the width?

I know it might be sacrilegious but I kinda wanna get that topper for my RFM pin if it will fit.

#9237 4 years ago

My USB Bluetooth dongle is not being detected.. I just updated to 1.73 and that went fine so I know the USB extension cable is fine.

#9238 4 years ago

The many problems updating via an USB stick reported here is not very confidence-inspiring. I wonder if the instructions are not detailed enough or people are unskilled and I really wonder if this could be made easier and safer for everyone.

#9239 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I wonder if the instructions are not detailed enough

My experience from tech support, is majority don't follow instructions. Maybe in a hurry to get the update in, and download or install wrong.

A few need to change download source or try a different brand memory stick.

One may pop up that defies all known remedies.

Happens with every update. Tech calls go up. A lot.

#9240 4 years ago

It's really not that hard. Just make sure you carefully follow the instructions verbatim.

The one time it didn't work right for me was because it created an extra folder and the wrong folder was the ROOT. Other than that it's been super simple.

#9241 4 years ago

I write this only because when success occurs, most of time people don’t comment. I am sorry people are having trouble.

Both my full upgrade and delta upgrade worked perfectly.

#9242 4 years ago

I have experience programming etc, and, yes, this isn't rocket science. I have done a full reformat and unpackaged the update via the simple instructions. I'm getting a Ubuntu OS screen, so the stick is working. It's something to do with the files. I'll download from another mirror and compare. Then I'll figure out the folders and see what's up. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to spend the time...

#9243 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Happens with every update. Tech calls go up. A lot

Given the proliferation of Internet and WiFi, do JJP have any plans to add WiFi to their platform and permit online updates? This would obviate the need for downloading ISOs and creating bootable USBs

Although technically literate people may have greater success, not everyone has those skills

#9244 4 years ago

Having an issue with BOB ramp. Self-test says malfunction. If I go into the self test menu and try and operate the open coil, nothing happens. Release coil still functions (and yes, the HV is active). However, if I go into the coil test menu and manually trigger ramp open coil, works fine. Thoughts?

#9245 4 years ago

Updated without a hitch today. Just follow the instructions on JJP's website. Easy peasy.

#9246 4 years ago

I was finally able to update this past weekend as welll. All good here.

#9247 4 years ago

For those of us that had success doing either the full or delta upgrade, why not post your specific USB stick model? This might be of help to those having trouble.

(I’d post mine but I’m traveling and don’t recall it!)

... Altan

#9248 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

why not post your specific USB stick model?

PNY 16GB 2.0

#9249 4 years ago

16GB Sandisk

#9250 4 years ago

I just found mine on Newegg and was surprised it’s almost 10 years old.

CORSAIR Voyager 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Model CMFUSB2.0-16GB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/185?hl=donniedarko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.