IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 273.
#9001 4 years ago

One a different topic, I had a small issue with my Dialed In LE. I called JJP support and had a fantastic experience with Stephen Z. Stephen and JJP handled this is the best way possible and we ended up chatting about pinball for a bit afterwards.

Kudos to Stephen/JJP.

... Altan

#9002 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

One a different topic, I had a small issue with my Dialed In LE. I called JJP support and had a fantastic experience with Stephen Z. Stephen and JJP handled this is the best way possible and we ended up chatting about pinball for a bit afterwards.
Kudos to Stephen/JJP.
... Altan

Steve is awesome! Helped me out many a time.

#9003 4 years ago

I could almost swear that sometimes when the kick back works, the kickback light actually was not on. Has anyone else seen this?

Rob

#9004 4 years ago

Is anyone else still having an issue where, on a hot LEFT orbit, your ball fires through the open trap door and blasts out of the mechanism and down into the cabinet? It happens to me every once in a while (maybe every 30 games). But it's kind of a big deal breaker when you are in the middle of a game (or if you are playing a routed game, I imagine).

I don't really see any adjustment on the mechanism that can fix this.

So - I've developing a clip that just snaps in place and, so far, I haven't had a single ball fly into the cabinet. It's printed with impact resistant ABS plastic so I'm going to be testing it for awhile to see how it holds up.

Just curious, though, if others are having the same issue of balls dropping into the cabinet and if you figured out any other adjustment to prevent this.

DI1 (resized).jpgDI1 (resized).jpgDI2 (resized).jpgDI2 (resized).jpgDI4 (resized).jpgDI4 (resized).jpg
#9005 4 years ago

PinballCharlie Cool that you've made that.

I've never had the problem, but only been an owner for 2 weeks. Have put a lot of games on it though.

What flipper strength do you use?

#9006 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

pinballcharlie Cool that you've made that.
I've never had the problem, but only been an owner for 2 weeks. Have put a lot of games on it though.
What flipper strength do you use?

Just one over factory setting. It usually happens when a ball is coming down hard then hits the flipper into the left orbit, kind of like when a bat hits a fast pitch and it screams out of the park

#9007 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I could almost swear that sometimes when the kick back works, the kickback light actually was not on. Has anyone else seen this?
Rob

If the ball save light is flashing, the kickback will work to keep the ball in play instead of launching another one.

#9008 4 years ago

delete me

#9009 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Is anyone else still having an issue where, on a hot LEFT orbit, your ball fires through the open trap door and blasts out of the mechanism and down into the cabinet? It happens to me every once in a while (maybe every 30 games). But it's kind of a big deal breaker when you are in the middle of a game (or if you are playing a routed game, I imagine).
I don't really see any adjustment on the mechanism that can fix this.
So - I've developing a clip that just snaps in place and, so far, I haven't had a single ball fly into the cabinet. It's printed with impact resistant ABS plastic so I'm going to be testing it for awhile to see how it holds up.
Just curious, though, if others are having the same issue of balls dropping into the cabinet and if you figured out any other adjustment to prevent this.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Check out post #5225
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105

#9010 4 years ago

Thanks ralphs007

I ran across that series, too, after some research. I've got my trap door finally tuned in (after much agony about a year ago) - I don't want to throw that thing out of wack again bending the coil bracket. Not sure that even fixes the problem - it's unclear in that thread. Looks like there was some electrical tape, velcro and cardboard involved, too

Hopefully this simple bracket trick holds up. If all goes well, I'll upload this to Thingiverse so anyone can print it out if they need to.

#9011 4 years ago

Thanks ralphs007
I ran across that series, too, after some research. I've got my trap door finally tuned in (after much agony about a year ago) - I don't want to throw that thing out of wack again bending the coil bracket. Not sure that even fixes the problem - it's unclear in that thread. Looks like there was some electrical tape, velcro and cardboard involved, too
Hopefully this simple bracket trick holds up. If all goes well, I'll upload this to Thingiverse so anyone can print it out if they need to.

This tweak takes two seconds to do,and I haven't had a ball drop into the cabinet once,since I did this fix,over a year ago.
I'm sure there's many ways to fix this problem, but my fix is fast and requires no materials.
Good luck with your approach,it looks like a good idea.

#9012 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

This tweak takes two seconds to do,and I haven't had a ball drop into the cabinet once,since I did this fix,over a year ago.
I'm sure there's many ways to fix this problem, but my fix is fast and requires no materials.
Good luck with your approach,it looks like a good idea.

I see what you did now - the tab is bent outwards, right? Huh, and no balls through since? Good call - the bend was subtle and I didn't catch it on the first read through

#9013 4 years ago

I still wonder why the purple boot screen is shown inverted on the theater display instead on the backbox screen (and the backbox screen is displaying no signal and going to sleep for a moment). Only later in the boot sequence the backbox screen is reactivated and showing the tech specs as intended before the game is ready to play. This was not the case every time when I got the machine - and I never updated the system, so I do not understand why this happened/happens.

#9014 4 years ago

I see what you did now - the tab is bent outwards, right? Huh, and no balls through since? Good call - the bend was subtle and I didn't catch it on the first read through

I’ve read that a couple times and had a hard time seeing it too!

Why does bending it outwards help?

#9015 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I still wonder why the purple boot screen is shown inverted on the theater display instead on the backbox screen (and the backbox screen is displaying no signal and going to sleep for a moment). Only later in the boot sequence the backbox screen is reactivated and showing the tech specs as intended before the game is ready to play. This was not the case every time when I got the machine - and I never updated the system, so I do not understand why this happened/happens.

I’ve spent 99% of my time with the 1.71 code.

I’d say 90% of the time the JJP logo at power on appears on the quantum screen.

A guess, but I’m pretty confident this is a bug or just a feature JJP didn’t bother resolve. At boot the different displays power up and there is a race to see who powers up first and is detected by the graphic system. The logo is displayed on that one. JJP hasn’t implemented any code to say “wait for the DVI 1080p display before showing the image” (or it broke). Again, just a guess.

#9016 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

A guess, but I’m pretty confident this is a bug or just a feature JJP didn’t bother resolve. At boot the different displays power up and there is a race to see who powers up first and is detected by the graphic system. The logo is displayed on that one. JJP hasn’t implemented any code to say “wait for the DVI 1080p display before showing the image” (or it broke). Again, just a guess.

It’s weird because the boot logo was shown most of the time on the backbox monitor at first but now, more than half a year later, without changing or updating anything, it’s shown on the theater monitor every time. I set up different PC systems with additional monitors over the years but the boot logo is always shown on the same. That’s the weird thing.

#9017 4 years ago

Yes . I placed a slotted screw driver between the tab an the bracket,and then gave it a little turn. It didn't need much. Once a ball can't fit through the hole, you're golden.

#9018 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I’ve read that a couple times and had a hard time seeing it too!
Why does bending it outwards help?

If you try pushing a ball through the square hole, it'll go through it pretty easy. Once you bend the tab outward,it'll no longer fit through the square hole. It doesn't need much,to stop the ball from fitting through the hole.

#9019 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

If you try pushing a ball through the square hole, it'll go through it pretty easy. Once you bend the tab outward,it'll no longer fit through the square hole. It doesn't need much,to stop the ball from fitting through the hole.

Thanks. I’ll open up my DI tonight and take a look. Maybe it’s bent already!

#9020 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I’m pretty confident this is a bug or just a feature JJP didn’t bother resolve.

This is a problem with Linux itself - the less expensive screens don't report themselves to the OS properly at boot. They have a tool that figures it out after boot but by then the logo is displayed.

#9021 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’m considering selling my NGG to fund the purchase of a DI LE....good idea or no? Figured I’d ask the group! Haha

:::shrugs:::

#9022 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

That's just a custom bios logo though. Have a look on recent pc's and see if they have a "show display on this device first" type option.

I'd doubt jjp can change the order via any post shipped code update. There maybe there are bios options to specify the primary display but I don't recall seeing anything specific (not that I was really looking for that option). Check the mobo manual and it should give you a clue if you are really interested.

edit: mobo manual is quite short for the bios options so don't bother.

#9023 4 years ago

You can just build your own flasher using LED stripes and connect it to the plug in the backbox. Everything is there and easy to connect.

#9024 4 years ago

Thanks ralphs007
If all goes well, I'll upload this to Thingiverse so anyone can print it out if they need to.

Just to wrap this up as another solution for DI ball fails, here is the clip on Thingiverse to download and print:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3851824

DI CLIP (resized).jpgDI CLIP (resized).jpg
#9025 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This is a problem with Linux itself - the less expensive screens don't report themselves to the OS properly at boot. They have a tool that figures it out after boot but by then the logo is displayed.

I suspected this but this does not explain why the boot screen was displayed properly on the backbox monitor at first and now, more than half a year later, most of the time on the theater monitor - without changing a thing since then...

#9026 4 years ago

Just to wrap this up as another solution for DI ball fails, here is the clip on Thingiverse to download and print:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3851824

That is cool.

Can someone make me one of these ?

LTG : )

#9027 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is cool.

I think it's time for S.S. Billiards to get a 3D printer

#9028 4 years ago

I think it's time for S.S. Billiards to get a 3D printer

And learn how to work it. And make something.

I'm getting a little old for that. I'll stick to helping people.

#9029 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Me too?

Maybe just add it to your store. I don't have the issue with the ball falling into the cabinet (I bent the bracket a bit per LTG), but this would be a permanent fix that I wouldn't have to keep an eye on anymore.

#9030 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Maybe just add it to your store. I don't have the issue with the ball falling into the cabinet (I bent the bracket a bit per LTG), but this would be a permanent fix that I wouldn't have to keep an eye on anymore.

Hmm - I suppose I could. I'll have to really give it a hardcore testing first to make sure I am using the best possible material. Also, I can only assume this clip will universally fit on any DI machine until I hear from someone that has printed it out and tried it.

If that bracket is already bent outward, I don't think this clip will fit anymore unless you bend it back exactly the way it was (I mean, I think so based on that one picture I saw). It's probably a one or the other fix.

#9031 4 years ago

Now that I've had Dialed In for 2+ weeks, I'd like to tweak a couple of things. I'll start with the phone scoop. Sometimes when the ball shoots out of the phone scoop, it seems to hit the closest wireworm that runs across diagonally.

What's the best adjustment for this?

I'm think I should ever so slightly bend the exposed curve part down toward the playfield.

For all my other Bally/Williams games, I'd just go ahead and do it. But nice Dialed In is "new", I thought I'd get input before trying anything.

... Altan

#9032 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Now that I've had Dialed In for 2+ weeks, I'd like to tweak a couple of things. I'll start with the phone scoop. Sometimes when the ball shoots out of the phone scoop, it seems to hit the closest wireworm that runs across diagonally.
What's the best adjustment for this?
I'm think I should ever so slightly bend the exposed curve part down toward the playfield.
For all my other Bally/Williams games, I'd just go ahead and do it. But nice Dialed In is "new", I thought I'd get input before trying anything.
... Altan

You can change the power of coil

#9033 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

same prob here...
that's what i've done, combined with coil power, it runs nice now (and on the other way shots going in there are well going in there !) even if its not always the same exit (due to the 1.71 code)

#9034 4 years ago

bending down the curve part is the trick. Have to do it every few months...

Adjusting the coil power is also a good thing. I like it most, if there are two balls in (i.e. one coming from the subway, second going into the phone) and the kick-out will just have enough power to kick one ball out and the second falling back in. This makes sure, the second hit into the phone is counted.

Unfortunately this setting is showing the coil power inconsistency most...

#9035 4 years ago

That curved piece on top of the phone scoop should have been braced, I've had to bend mine back down 3 times now.

#9036 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

You can just build your own flasher using LED stripes and connect it to the plug in the backbox. Everything is there and easy to connect.

Anyone have a closeup of the inside of the flasher?

I’m wonder how many LEDs are in there any if any part info is visible (doubtful). Ultimately trying to understand how much current is ok to draw / brightness.

#9037 4 years ago

Had my first ball stuck... behind the phone! Puzzled JJP didn’t put a plastic there. There is an easy access point on the left of the phone.

I’ve seen others mention this. This would be a nice place for a 3d printed solution

#9038 4 years ago

I’m about 6’4”. I realized last night the quantum theater isn’t angled correctly for me.

There are some modes where numbers appear at the top of the display. I cannot see them unless I bend down!

I’m thinking of putting some “shims” of short under the front to angle it better. Anyone done this or considered it?

I haven’t looked at the mech yet but hopefully it’s straight forward.

#9039 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I’m about 6’4”. I realized last night the quantum theater isn’t angled correctly for me.
There are some modes where numbers appear at the top of the display. I cannot see them unless I bend down!
I’m thinking of putting some “shims” of short under the front to angle it better. Anyone done this or considered it?

You could also consider surgical options

Rob

#9040 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Have you tried 3" leg levelers
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LL3

#9041 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

You could also consider surgical options
Rob

Now that's a bold solution Rob_G

That's a creative approach Mageek . I'll consider that. Only negative is that those 3" leg levelers would make DI look like a monster next to other games. But it's a "simple" fix!

#9042 4 years ago

I think there should be a reward for having betty divert the ball into the rocket kicker. Like a 'dirty pool' award or something? But, having said that, what is the purpose of Betty diverting the ball like she does (aside from Acid Rain and MWMB)? Why does it happen after a ball lock?

I also wish the game could have another Crazy Bob mode. And more of the spider in the game....

It's such a fun and fantastic game, a classic!

Rob

#9043 4 years ago

Rob G is in the house say hoO

#9044 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Some people sit in a stool and play.... not sure how!? I kick my legs all over the place when playing. A little like Jerry Lee Lewis

#9045 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Some people sit in a stool and play.... not sure how!? I kick my legs all over the place when playing. A little like Jerry Lee Lewis

I was at a league gathering on Saturday and I can say for certainty that many plays do various "unique" leg movements.

#9046 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

what is the purpose of Betty diverting the ball like she does (aside from Acid Rain and MWMB)? Why does it happen after a ball lock?

I think it just gives you another obstacle to have to deal with, another change in ball trajectory. I know at times I have to consciously resolve the ball lock to open up that ramp fully.

#9047 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I got really used to playing while sitting, but I just realized this weekend that it really affects my playing too. For some reason, I can concentrate better on the game while standing, as opposed to sitting. My ball control is better too.

Rob

#9048 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I got really used to playing while sitting, but I just realized this weekend that it really affects my playing too. For some reason, I can concentrate better on the game while standing, as opposed to sitting. My ball control is better too.
Rob

I could imagine it would hurt your game. I’m pretty tall too @6’3” I always feel I’m bending over to feel inline with the game

#9049 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think it just gives you another obstacle to have to deal with, another change in ball trajectory. I know at times I have to consciously resolve the ball lock to open up that ramp fully.

I think it's a great obstacle in the game! I really like it when I can divert the ball into the pops because the sound is cooler, maybe the scoring is a little better (I'm not sure)? Diverting into the rocket kicker appears to have no additional rule/effect though.

Rob

#9050 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think it's a great obstacle in the game! I really like it when I can divert the ball into the pops because the sound is cooler, maybe the scoring is a little better (I'm not sure)? Diverting into the rocket kicker appears to have no additional rule/effect though.
Rob

It is not supposed to divert to the skill shot kicker. It just does on rare occasion.

If it diverts to the upper playfield, through the hole and into the pops, the pops score more than usual. So it is a fun little nudge game to get it there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/181?hl=thot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.