IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 273.
#8951 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Do all JJP pins after DI have the camera?

SO far, yes

#8952 4 years ago

Cool. What about the flash? Puzzled DI LE doesn’t have it.

#8953 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

So far.

LTG : )

#8954 4 years ago

I think the idea behind the SE having it may have been that SE models would be most likely to be the ones in a dark bar or location.

#8955 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I noticed that as well after the upgrade. I assumed it had something to do with needing the ground loop filter that has been mentioned in this thread a few times. I'm going to try downgrading to 1.57 later today to see if that goes away.

Downgrade didn't change anything. I'm not exactly sure what caused the noise to start. Could have been due to the hardware upgrade I did recently. Went ahead and installed a ground loop filter, and the noise went away. Good enough for me.

#8956 4 years ago

I feel like the Apron lights would be a good place to show remaining tilt warnings...

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not bright enough and too far away. Pirates and Willy don't have them.

Pretty sure mine flash in selfie mode. I don't see how they'd interact with the cell phone or help with that. Either way, they do seem to help with the camera.

#8958 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't see how they'd interact with the cell phone or help with that.

They don't. Just meant to show you where to place the phone on the glass.

#8959 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They don't. Just meant to show you where to place the phone on the glass.

Or where not to rest a cigarette

#8960 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- 10K+ hurry up game setting to set to unlimited, or specific number of shots allowed before it ends.

Or after maybe 3 ramp shots, betty lowers her arm to interfere.

There's also a possible bug in Emoji Overload where you can sometimes complete it instantly when it starts. On a game I had just now, the ball ejected out of the phone scoop and I right flipped, hitting the spider target and the left ramp entrance. I didn't even make the ramp shot, but the mode instantly ended with a callout that I had beat it. I think it possibly has to do with emoji overload delayed start with only a couple of emoji so anything you hit basically beats it.

Also, to reiterate that I wish hurry up and super jackpot scoring should have display priority on the theater screen over the mini mode stuff. For example, if you are in drones gone wild multiball you won't be shown the cool theater images or the points you are given if a mini mode is running.

Rob

#8961 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Pretty sure mine flash in selfie mode. I don't see how they'd interact with the cell phone or help with that. Either way, they do seem to help with the camera.

I think all the lights briefly flash white in selfie mode with each switch hit so it seems like a flash.

#8962 4 years ago

You can simply add the backbox flasher in LE. Everything is there, but the LEDs. SW also supports it.

#8963 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

...There's also a possible bug in Emoji Overload where you can sometimes complete it instantly when it starts...
Rob

Must admit i also did not understand how sometime the mode works and/or i beat it or not...

#8964 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Pirates. Yes. Used for the high scores. Sometimes augments the photo with a pirate hat or eye patch.
Wonka. Yes. Wonkavision pixelated version of you flying across the screen. (Not sure if it’s used in the high school table aswell?)

#8965 4 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the standard’s flash? I’m just interested. Really curious why not on LE.

#8966 4 years ago

With the latest software update, when should I expect the drone motors to turn on? I don’t think I’ve seen them since updating. All 3 motors (still!) work in test mode.

#8967 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone have a pic of the standard’s flash? I’m just interested. Really curious why not on LE.

I read that the reason for this was that operators would likely purchase SEs for putting on location and the Flash would draw attention, whereas LEs would more likely be HUO.

diflash (resized).jpgdiflash (resized).jpg
#8968 4 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I read that the reason for this was that operators would likely purchase SEs for putting on location and the Flash would draw attention, whereas LEs would more likely be HUO.[quoted image]

Thanks for the pic!

Does the flash help? Or does it give everyone red eye?

Does it flash all the time during selfie mode or only for high score pics?

#8969 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks for the pic!
Does the flash help? Or does it give everyone red eye?
Does it flash all the time during selfie mode or only for high score pics?

It flashes all the time with the camera which I like cause it adds to the effect. I don't get red eye and my photos turn out well from a lighting standpoint.

#8970 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Must admit i also did not understand how sometime the mode works and/or i beat it or not...

The longer the mode runs, the harder it is to beat. After a certain point it's virtually impossible to beat. You still get points for the battle, but the countdown points are not winnable. While the screen describes shooting the ramps and the phone scoop to battle the emoji, a well placed shot into the pop bumpers that bounces around a lot will do far more for completing the mode than making consistent shots. That's because any switch hit also counts as battling the emoji. It's probably worth trying to beat right away because you should be able to do it in 2 immediate shots and it's 100,000 points. But sometimes you can beat it by fluke too, like I did the other day with 2 switch hits. I didn't even make a ramp or scoop shot.

Rob

#8971 4 years ago

Indeed...

Had also asked Joe but you replied quicker

#8972 4 years ago

Has anyone been able to get the DI App to work?

I know it's a huge gimmick, but I wanted to try it out. Phone (iPhone 7, yeah... I don't upgrade often) never discovers pin.

1) Launch app on phone
2) Press start on pin
3) Hold left flipper
4) Hold left virtual flipper on phone (which seems to do nothing as it doesn't seem to be active)
5) Phone says it wasn't able to discover the pin

Anyone have success with this?

(Yes, bluetooth is enabled... phone is landscape... pin has bluetooth dongle installed...)

#8973 4 years ago

I’m considering selling my NGG to fund the purchase of a DI LE....good idea or no? Figured I’d ask the group! Haha

#8974 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I know it's a huge gimmick, but I wanted to try it out. Phone (iPhone 7, yeah... I don't upgrade often) never discovers pin.
1) Launch app on phone
2) Press start on pin
3) Hold left flipper
4) Hold left virtual flipper on phone (which seems to do nothing as it doesn't seem to be active)
5) Phone says it wasn't able to discover the pin
Anyone have success with this?
(Yes, bluetooth is enabled... phone is landscape... pin has bluetooth dongle installed...)

I've been asking them to fix the phone app for a few years. I have the same problem with a android phone. I have a friend that is paralyzed in one arm that likes pinball. He uses one knee for one of the flipper buttons and doesn't do too bad. The app would be much better for him. Just guessing that the app30.
is not supported anymore or super low on JJP's priorities since most people don't use it.

#8975 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I’m considering selling my NGG to fund the purchase of a DI LE....good idea or no? Figured I’d ask the group! Haha

Great idea IMHO

#8976 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I've been asking them to fix the phone app

I don't know if it can be fixed. Works with some phones, doesn't work with others.

#8977 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't know if it can be fixed. Works with some phones, doesn't work with others.

If you hear of any work a rounds or phone settings changes to try, please pass the info along to us.

#8978 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Still cannot believe how incredible Dialed In is!
But nothing's perfect. I've had the ball get temporarily stuck in the playfield slot where the Quantum Electric Guy slides back and forth. Ball hunt fixes it (guy moves to the left and eventually pushes the ball out), but certainly impacts the game's flow!
Is this just a fact of life for Dialed In?

Thanks to those who responded this is not a common occurrence --- but does occasionally happen.

I've had DI setup correctly (6.5 degrees) for about 5 days now and I haven't seen this since. When I was experiencing this somewhat frequently, the game was STEEPER! Counter-Intuitive but true.

#8979 4 years ago

Ngg is a fun pin for its price point under 4k but dile blows it away especially when u can get a huo le for 7500 or so

#8980 4 years ago

I had a really really nice BOP that I sold to get DI. At first its was tough to let it go and I immediately had sellers remorse upon selling it. Then i got DI and holy cow I remember thinking to myself I would have been a complete idiot to hang onto BOP and not get DI. So glad everything lined up for me and i got a DILE (no standards were available near me at the time which is what i was aiming for). Go for it, sell that dated game.

#8981 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I have iPhone 5/se and it worked fine on older code, using method described earlier. Haven’t tried it on new code yet.

#8982 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The longer the mode runs, the harder it is to beat. After a certain point it's virtually impossible to beat. You still get points for the battle, but the countdown points are not winnable. While the screen describes shooting the ramps and the phone scoop to battle the emoji, a well placed shot into the pop bumpers that bounces around a lot will do far more for completing the mode than making consistent shots. That's because any switch hit also counts as battling the emoji. It's probably worth trying to beat right away because you should be able to do it in 2 immediate shots and it's 100,000 points. But sometimes you can beat it by fluke too, like I did the other day with 2 switch hits. I didn't even make a ramp or scoop shot.
Rob

This is confusing to me — on my game it seems like switch hits add emojis to the screen and ramps/scoops clear some of them, along with the pops. Isn’t that how it works? So the longer you go the more switches u hit and the more pop up on screen to clear? I need to go study this again, maybe I’m imagining that?

#8983 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks to those who responded this is not a common occurrence --- but does occasionally happen.
I've had DI setup correctly (6.5 degrees) for about 5 days now and I haven't seen this since. When I was experiencing this somewhat frequently, the game was STEEPER! Counter-Intuitive but true.

I had the same experience. With it at 6.5 degrees the ball hasn't got stuck on the QED dude slot since.

#8984 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I know it's a huge gimmick, but I wanted to try it out.....

I'm still hopeful that future revision of this app go way beyond the gimmick of hitting the flippers (it's embarrassing when I ineffectively "nudge" my phone). I want to study the game I just played and see what I did! How far did I get in each mode? How many combos did I get? How many skill shots did I nail? How many orbits, QED hits, etc... How perfect that I could study those stats on my phone after each game?

I am going to keep that ten year old dream alive!

#8985 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

With the latest software update, when should I expect the drone motors to turn on? I don’t think I’ve seen them since updating. All 3 motors (still!) work in test mode.

They'll last longer now that they don't turn on.

#8986 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

They'll last longer now that they don't turn on.

At the current rate, they'll "last" forever. Are they disabled entirely during gameplay with the latest firmware update?

#8987 4 years ago

Any cool must have mods for DI?

#8988 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

At the current rate, they'll "last" forever. Are they disabled entirely during gameplay with the latest firmware update?

I don't have the latest update,but with all of the problems people have had with them, eliminating the time's they come on,seems cheaper than shipping out new ones.

#8989 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

I can't say it's necessary but I really like this topper.
https://mezelmods.com/products/dialed-in-pinball-quantum-electric-company-topper

#8990 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

This is confusing to me — on my game it seems like switch hits add emojis to the screen and ramps/scoops clear some of them, along with the pops. Isn’t that how it works? So the longer you go the more switches u hit and the more pop up on screen to clear? I need to go study this again, maybe I’m imagining that?

I don’t believe hitting switches adds them, I am pretty sure they just keep popping up at a faster rate the longer the mode runs.

#8991 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

The target stickers someone from Germane sells here..

#8992 4 years ago

Anyone sell a replacement light strip for the backbox that doesn't burst into flames without even blowing a fuse?

568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Anyone sell a replacement light strip for the backbox that doesn't burst into flames without even blowing a fuse?

Measure voltage to it.

Search Ebay for same voltage LED strip.

#8994 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Measure voltage to it.
Search Ebay for same voltage LED strip.

Will do, thanks!

#8995 4 years ago

So, I just had something weird happen. I had one ball physically locked in the Station. I had just started spider spinner. I then hit the phone scoop to start multiball (my first one of the game). The game started MB as normal, ejecting the ball from the scoop and the station. It then proceeded to release the remaining three balls from the trough to start a 5 ball MB, when it should have just been a 2 ball MB. I let three of the balls drain after the ball save timer expired and played the rest of the game like normal.

Could anything mechanical or electronic cause that?

Could it just be a software glitch? I am still on 1.57.

I also seem to recall something weird happening the other day when the game may have released a ball from the Station prematurely, but I can't remember what happened now. I just kind of wrote it off as a weird occurrence.

#8996 4 years ago

NGG one or two code updates from being fantastic. I regret selling mine but DI is vastly superior, although the hole one one super jackpot was maybe the single greatest shot in pinball for me. The rock star guitar riff after pulling that off only adds to my regret. Keep it and get a DI. Then compare them and sell the NGG later if you want.

#8997 4 years ago

Meanwhile there s a NGG easter egg in DI...

#8998 4 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Anyone sell a replacement light strip for the backbox that doesn't burst into flames without even blowing a fuse?[quoted image][quoted image]

One possible option

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fdialed-in-pinball-led-strip-color-changing-backbox-light-kit

#8999 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

What about the flash? Puzzled DI LE doesn’t have it.

I listened to a Jersey Jack interview from the man himself. It'd take me forever to find it again, but:

He said that the original model had a flash, and that they added in parts to make LEs and CEs. In order to add in the stuff needed to make them, the flash had to be removed. He then went on to say that the flash really should have been an add-on for the LEs and CEs only, and not the SEs.

I own the SE. The flash is really fun during selfie mode. You get multiball during that and get a ball in the pops... almost go blind haha (not really).

#9000 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I listened to a Jersey Jack interview from the man himself. It'd take me forever to find it again, but:
He said that the original model had a flash, and that they added in parts to make LEs and CEs. In order to add in the stuff needed to make them, the flash had to be removed. He then went on to say that the flash really should have been an add-on for the LEs and CEs only, and not the SEs.
I own the SE. The flash is really fun during selfie mode. You get multiball during that and get a ball in the pops... almost go blind haha (not really).

Thanks for sharing this @meurah.

I reached out to JJP via their support system (online) and learned you can technically purchase the parts so that an LE has this functionality. I use "technically" because they are out of stock on the actual flash.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.