IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 273.
#8901 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Still cannot believe how incredible Dialed In is!
But nothing's perfect. I've had the ball get temporarily stuck in the playfield slot where the Quantum Electric Guy slides back and forth. Ball hunt fixes it (guy moves to the left and eventually pushes the ball out), but certainly impacts the game's flow!
Is this just a fact of life for Dialed In?

Perhaps try increasing the pitch of the game a bit. It happens every once and a while, but it shouldn't happen too frequently.

#8902 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

But nothing's perfect. I've had the ball get temporarily stuck in the playfield slot where the Quantum Electric Guy slides back and forth. Ball hunt fixes it (guy moves to the left and eventually pushes the ball out), but certainly impacts the game's flow!

It was as long as we had the game. Didn't happen a LOT, but it happened enough to be annoying.

#8903 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I believe it is. Happens rarely though.

#8904 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

I believe it is. Happens rarely though.

I think it happens a lot more often if you've got a playfield protector installed.

#8905 4 years ago

Yes! I am not a fix it guy. Where can I buy that? Thanks

#8906 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Yes! I am not a fix it guy. Where can I buy that? Thanks

I bought the screw and hex spacer at local ace hardware store...the rubber post you can get at any pinball store (like..pinball life, marco, etc)

#8907 4 years ago

Thanks. I will give this a shot with my very limited skills

Next question. Is the ball stopping at the wrench gurl often normal? I am nervous about trying to bend anything. It seems like if her arm is down it is 50/50 whether it diverts the ball or hangs it up and you need to wait for a ball search for her to move her arm.

#8908 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

I am nervous about trying to bend anything.

Adjustable underneath the playfield. An off set cam rotates and pushes a small leg leveler thing up and down. Like a leg leveler, loosen the nut and adjust up or down as needed. Retighten the nut when done.

LTG : )

#8909 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Adjustable underneath the playfield. An off set cam rotates and pushes a small leg leveler thing up and down. Like a leg leveler, loosen the nut and adjust up or down as needed. Retighten the nut when done.

Also check the cam switch . The position of the switch is adjustable by loosening a locknut and moving the bracket the switch is mounted too. On my game it was closing too soon which affects the upper and lower stop positions.

Rob

#8910 4 years ago

Yay, parts arrived! I don't know why I got the button board, but I think maybe someone included it because they were not sure the part needed?
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg20190828_143115 (resized).jpg

#8911 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I’ve only had this happen once, maybe twice in the last 300 or so games. More hang ups at the wrench girl for me than getting stuck on that track, I’d think it should be very rare.. once or twice every hundred games?

#8912 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't know why I got the button board, but I think maybe someone included it because they were not sure the part needed?

They apparently come with the LCD screens now. You don't really need it. No room to mount it anywhere. You could play with the screen settings and then leave it off.

#8913 4 years ago

We need some pictures of an opened phone please, so we know exactly how to route the wiring.

Not sure which connector on the LCD driver board the power connects to, there are 2 identical plugs. The LCD driver board doesn't seem to be in the schematics either.

Rob

#8914 4 years ago

about the ball behind the phone, if you just dont want to drill the upper PF (...), here's what i've done :

a piece of plastic, double face tape, and 5 minutes of my time... easy & works 100%

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/151#post-4926467

#8915 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

It doesn’t happen very often. But like someone else mentioned, I also could do without the electric company guy. He looks neat but Aggravates me. Seems he’s alway in my way

#8916 4 years ago

Do LE numbers mean anything? Order they were made? Or nothing — you could pick it?

#8917 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Do LE numbers mean anything? Order they were made? Or nothing — you could pick it?

You can pick if they aren't taken yet. The game production number is stamped in a blue number under the playfield.

#8918 4 years ago

Oh Joe! You’re such a downer

#8919 4 years ago

To me the LE numbers are a little bit weird. I have 305 made in June 2018 but I have seen a 480 made in 2017 and even later numbers earlier. These numbers are really really weird.

#8920 4 years ago

Here are my Dialed In! thoughts after a few days of ownership. I'll put this into my review.

I cannot express the awesomeness of Dialed In!

First of all, Dialed In! is incredibly fun. I keep going back for another game. It’s a delight to play. I smile when I’m playing.

The “toys” are stellar --- even setting a new bar. Quantum Theater deserves a specific callout. I used to have a Pin2K Revenge from Mars. The Quantum Theater is like a Pin2K in a box. A screen is “magically” displayed over the playfield, just like Pin2K. It’s integrated perfectly into the game, providing functionality like: destroying a spider, virtual spinners, hurry up target, virtual drop targets. Yes, virtual drop targets. There is a magnet under the Quantum Theater so Dialed In! can display a virtual drop target and stop the ball when it is hit!

There a real camera. Physical ball locks. Drones with spinning propellers.

This game has magnets galore under the playfield that really impact the ball during certain modes.

Dialed In! is a Lawlor game. I have several so when I say that Lawlor games don’t always have tons of flow, I know first-hand. Dailed In! is all about flow. The ball smoothly zips around the orbits, the two ramps, and there are various diverters and trap doors which cause the shots to always feel unique.

And… Dialed In! has a subway. I enjoy it when the ball disappears under the playfield and pops up somewhere else. Subways are sadly missing from many modern games, IMHO.

Music is super catchy, sound effects are impressive.

While I like the computer assistant MANDI, if I could change one thing… I would make a couple of her callouts be more energetic (such as jackpot).

Lighting and artwork are first rate.

Game is built like a tank. Did you know the 27” LCD display is mounted on an articulating arm?

In summary, if I could have only one pinball machine, it would be Dialed In!

... Altan

#8921 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about the ball behind the phone, if you just dont want to drill the upper PF (...), here's what i've done :
a piece of plastic, double face tape, and 5 minutes of my time... easy & works 100%
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/151#post-4926467

While I appreciate both solutions proposed yours was easiest and much appreciated for my limited fix it abilities. Worked perfectly and I haven’t had a ball/phone problem since. Thanks again for the link.

As for the wrench girl that can wait until my next tech visit. It’s not affecting gameplay a ton and it freaks me out doing something I don’t understand underneath the playfield.

That said this game is so quirky and fun! Can’t believe I waited this long to get one and that I chose Star Wars over this when it came out. lol

#8922 4 years ago

Weird question: what is a good JJP game to put along side Dialed In to compliment it well? I'm leaving towards Hobbit because I'm scared of all the playfield issues Pirates and Wonka are getting. Plus, it seems radically different than DI. Woz seems super packed like DI, but haven't put enough time in with it to know if it shoots nearly as well. Your thoughts?

#8923 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Weird question: what is a good JJP game to put along side Dialed In to compliment it well? I'm leaving towards Hobbit because I'm scared of all the playfield issues Pirates and Wonka are getting. Plus, it seems radically different than DI. Woz seems super packed like DI, but haven't put enough time in with it to know if it shoots nearly as well. Your thoughts?

I have never played Hobbit, but I really don't like the playfield layout on it.

Rob

#8924 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I don't like any of the JJP themes. But I'd say get POTC if you can. It's brilliant.

#8925 4 years ago

delete me

#8926 4 years ago

delete me

#8927 4 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I don't like any of the JJP themes. But I'd say get POTC if you can. It's brilliant.

The correct answer.

If you can deal with the brittle playfield on Dialed In, you'll be fine with the jjPotC issues, and it's a MUCH better game than Dialed In over time.

That said, Deadpool or Iron Maiden Premium are great choices, too.

#8928 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The correct answer.
If you can deal with the brittle playfield on Dialed In, you'll be fine with the jjPotC issues, and it's a MUCH better game than Dialed In over time.
That said, Deadpool or Iron Maiden Premium are great choices, too.

I think saying the clearcoat is brittle is stretching things. Clearcoat and wood are always going to eventually loose when a steel ball slams into them, especially on edges like scoops. Some games just fair better (or worse) than others because of the scoop design.

Rob

#8929 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think saying the clearcoat is brittle is stretching things. Clearcoat and wood are always going to eventually loose when a steel ball slams into them, especially on edges like scoops. Some games just fair better (or worse) than others because of the scoop design.
Rob

No, Dialed In clear was brittle (at least the first run) for sure. We had one and the clear at the SIM hole lasted less than 50 plays. That's brittle.

And it wasn't just a problem at the SIM hole. But the whole thing was weird/unnecessary after Mirco farted out rock-solid Hobbit playfields for the whole run. They shouldn't have tried to mess with that success, because it's been all downhill from there.

#8930 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Can’t speak for Pirates or WOZ bur I’ve got a Hobbit/Smaug along with Dialed-In and I think they’re a great combo. Dialed-In plays a lot faster than the Hobbit and its my first go to machine up until the beers kick in and I need something slower to play..... then I make for the Hobbit which is slower but more atmospheric IMO, absolutely fantastic sound !!
Lucky enough to have Pats TZ as well buts that’s having a tiny break whilst I get my head around the rule sets of these two great JJP machines

#8931 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

The “toys” are stellar --- even setting a new bar. Quantum Theater deserves a specific callout. I used to have a Pin2K Revenge from Mars. The Quantum Theater is like a Pin2K in a box. A screen is “magically” displayed over the playfield, just like Pin2K. It’s integrated perfectly into the game, providing functionality like: destroying a spider, virtual spinners, hurry up target, virtual drop targets. Yes, virtual drop targets. There is a magnet under the Quantum Theater so Dialed In! can display a virtual drop target and stop the ball when it is hit!

I really like the hologram type of things that JJP did in the theater also. GB has the Ecto goggles that is similar but JJP took that technology to the next level with how it integrates with game play. JJP and Stern seem to have gone away from that tech, but there is so much variety and possibilities with just the one device (like DI has done). I hope more future games have these types of toys/mechanisms. Low maintenance, nothing mechanical, cool feature, variety of stuff can be programmed into it, ...

#8932 4 years ago

Pirates was my first JJP game and I absolutely love it! Incredibly deep and truly amazing. Granted I love the theme but it is what got me looking at JJP’s other offerings and why I got Dialed In. I have zero problems with my Pirates besides a bad action button and a couple adjustment issues. But I waited a bit to buy mine to let the first run issues get sorted out. I tried to like the hobbit but the playfield was a little sparse for my taste. The themes for WOZ and Wonka aren’t for me so I have no input there.

E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpegE7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
#8933 4 years ago

All jjp pins are awesome and unique .... I've had them all except Wonka but i will be getting it sooner than later. Hobbit is super in the theme integration department and u can get them for 6200-'7500 depending which model u want .... its alot of pin for that price . Also if u love di then the Wonka se is a great buy as it shoots and plays amazing..much like di.

#8934 4 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Pirates was my first JJP game and I absolutely love it! Incredibly deep and truly amazing. Granted I love the theme but it is what got me looking at JJP’s other offerings and why I got Dialed In. I have zero problems with my Pirates besides a bad action button and a couple adjustment issues. But I waited a bit to buy mine to let the first run issues get sorted out. I tried to like the hobbit but the playfield was a little sparse for my taste. The themes for WOZ and Wonka aren’t for me so I have no input there.[quoted image]

Hobbit is far from sparse and actually may have the most packed underside of a playfield i have owned. Its the way its laid out and the beast pop ups which are invisible until activated.... which is y most say its sparse and boring. I absolutely loved it and really didn't wanna sell but out of space. The guy i sold it to absolutely loves it now and cant believe how amazing it is.... the theme integration is top notch and the code/ruleset make it a must own for jjp fans at some point imo.

#8935 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hobbit is far from sparse and actually may have the most packed underside of a playfield i have owned. Its the way its laid out and the beast pop ups which are invisible until activated.... which is y most say its sparse and boring. I absolutely loved it and really didn't wanna sell but out of space. The guy i sold it to absolutely loves it now and cant believe how amazing it is.... the theme integration is top notch and the code/ruleset make it a must own for jjp fans at some point imo.

I have to admit I have not played a great example of Hobbit and don’t have a ton of plays on it. I want to like it. I have always said you can’t really know a game until you get it home and set it up the way you like to play. Location games are not friendly for the most part and some are horribly maintained. Would like to play it in a home setting that is more forgiving where I could spend some time on it. It just didn’t grab me. I wonder if I would have played a poor version of DI or Pirates if I would have felt the same way about them. If one showed up for a good price near me I would take a shot on it as I really love the JJP products on a whole.

#8936 4 years ago

Go with WOZ, RR75th if at all possible. Together with DI they are a great combo. So different in play from each other, there is something for everybody.

#8937 4 years ago

A year after tragically letting go of my DILE, I’m setting things right and re-joining the club shortly with a low-play DILE that was just unboxed this month. I can’t wait. I hear the new code updates since last summer have been important, and that game was amazing to begin with. What are the best improvements code-wise?

I’m a huge JJP fan, and DI is my personal fav. I’ve owned all but POTC and Wonka, and would love those two as well someday. So glad to be back in the club trying to get those darn SIM cards!

#8938 4 years ago

DI target decals still available!

High quality vinyl with an laminated extra layer.
And i'll put 2 of each in the package for a backup.

28,- $ inclusive shipping via envelope from germany.

Interesting? Message me.

decals0 (resized).jpgdecals0 (resized).jpgdecals1 (resized).jpgdecals1 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpg
#8939 4 years ago

Wish you would do those decals for Road Show. You DI ones are great.

#8940 4 years ago

+1 on waynetrane decals. After around 300 plays since installing, they still show zero signs of wear. That second set (included) won't be needed for a long time!

#8941 4 years ago

What’s the purpose, if any, of these 4 lights on the apron?

99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg

#8942 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

There was talk early on to show you where to set your phone on the game to link up and play the game.

#8943 4 years ago
Quoted from altan:

[quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

There was talk early on to show you where to set your phone on the game to link up and play the game.

It's too bad these aren't used for something more impactful to the game. Having controllable LEDs on the apron is a cool feature.

I always thought it would've been great if they were used to show progress for the four requirements to Quantum Theater Multiball.

#8944 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Allibaster:

It's too bad these aren't used for something more impactful to the game. Having controllable LEDs on the apron is a cool feature.
I always thought it would've been great if they were used to show progress for the four requirements to Quantum Theater Multiball.

I always figured it also helped light up peoples faces in a darker room during selfie mode but I can't recall if they are even on then!

#8945 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I always figured it also helped light up peoples faces in a darker room during selfie mode but I can't recall if they are even on then!

That might create the spooky "under the face" flashlight look!

Hey... How does the flash work in the standard DI? Does it flash every time a picture is taken? Selfie mode?

Why does the LE not have it?

#8946 4 years ago

The apron lights are used as a flash for the camera.

#8947 4 years ago

A few more Dialed In wishes.... There seems to be a bit of scoring disparity between the two hurry ups, with the right inlane being far more lucrative. Unless there's something I don't know about the left inlane hurry up?

- Left inlane hurry up has display priority while counting down so we can see it even if something else was there before.
- Left inlane hurry up countdown could use a delay before countdown starts to give a chance for a full points shot from left flipper. It could maybe also start at 10K to be at least on par with the other hurry up, or increment some end of ball bonus value, if it doesn't already?
- Camera always takes a picture at high score entry (if enabled), rather than using one taken during the game.
- Theater magnet effect in is for what is shown, regardless of hidden stacks changing the behavior
- 10K+ hurry up game setting to set to unlimited, or specific number of shots allowed before it ends.

Well, just random thoughts. Really enjoying the game!

Rob

#8948 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The apron lights are used as a flash for the camera.

Not bright enough and too far away. Pirates and Willy don't have them.

#8949 4 years ago

I always though to use these to light the drain hole from behind/under the apron... and than may be also create a sticker mod to recover the 4 leds and make the apron as "perfect" there...

#8950 4 years ago

Do all JJP pins after DI have the camera?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/179?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.