Topic Stats

• 10,165 posts
  • 545 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by waldo34
  • Topic is favorited by 192 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200406_145847 (resized).jpg
20200406_145423 (resized).jpg
ribbon (resized).png
DSC00210 (resized).JPG
20200401_170354 (resized).jpg
20200331_192937 (resized).jpg
20200331_193524 (resized).jpg
20200331_193743 (resized).jpg
monitor (resized).jpg
DIBackbox (resized).JPG
20200322_140614 (resized).jpg
20200322_144533 (resized).jpg
20200322_140755 (resized).jpg
screendialedin (resized).jpg
6EEEC438-6422-4C86-BFC3-0A7EC5612200 (resized).jpeg
20200316_122856 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 10165 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 204.
#8851 7 months ago

Ted knows about the lag
for all the others points, i dont know, i'm just a casual DI owner (luckily having private talks with Ted/Joe)
again, they're reading this topic (because i know they want DI to be as good as they can), but may be they have got some directives to not more talk here in public with us !?

i agree about the JJP support for not giving feedback, got some few smalls probs when i got my DI, and no feedback from them
once Christophe L. (benelux distro) ask for me, got a direct/positive feedback...

about the video lag problem, i'm also on the boat, but to be honest, its not something who makes the game being unplayable
i've read somewhere else that this force people to stay on 1.57 and not update on 1.71... for me its a total nonsense, go for 1.71 and enjoy

#8852 7 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Ted knows about the lag
for all the others points, i dont know, i'm just a casual DI owner (luckily having private talks with Ted/Joe)
again, they're reading this topic (because i know they want DI to be as good as they can), but may be they have got some directives to not more talk here in public with us !?
i agree about the JJP support for not giving feedback, got some few smalls probs when i got my DI, and no feedback from them
once Christophe L. (benelux distro) ask for me, got a direct/positive feedback...
about the video lag problem, i'm also on the boat, but to be honest, its not something who makes the game being unplayable
i've read somewhere else that this force people to stay on 1.57 and not update on 1.71... for me its a total nonsense, go for 1.71 and enjoy

100% agree that the video lag is a huge deal. But, with any product, if you have an issue, you call customer support. I'm just not happy about them ignoring multiple communication attempts.

And, I have left these messages within a month time frame. I'm certainly not bugging them every hour of every day...

#8853 7 months ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

3 voice mails left at JJP tech support and a service ticket created for the video lag on my Dialed In. Not even an acknowledgement that they got a message. Even if they don't have an answer right now... at least tell me. I just want to know if I should swap out my CPU parts, or if code is going to be corrected. If I need to swap out components, what do they recommend.
I have been a full on JJP supporter since the beginning and own four of their five games. Seeing their lack of customer service for me with this issue and their radio silence to the people with playfield issues... I'm definitely going to proceed with caution in the future.
Very very disappointed.
Brian

I agree with this. It’s not acceptable for DI owners with a Celeron processor to be expected to change it out. While 1.57 is a fully functional game, the fact that there is further code that is not accessible without issues is a kick in your backside. Perhaps JJP is not allowed to comment on this issue, but a simple statement saying we are working on a possible solution would be enough for me. Maybe it can’t be worked out but at least KNOWING they are trying would be most welcome. It does give one pause to decide to buy early produced games, but if this is addressed properly, I would have some comfort buying an early game albeit all the other issues now coming to light.

#8854 7 months ago

well, i think i can share just this... as of course they are looking to found what is wrong !
in pinball coding, Ted Estes is someone with more than a positive reputation

di (resized).JPG

#8855 7 months ago

Thanks for that. Well aware of Ted’s expertise. Think they should let DI owners know this in a more public way. The issue is already well known so radio silence to me makes it worse.

#8856 7 months ago

yes, again, i agree

but really seems they are not more here to talk/share with us in public
pity, as said already, may be they have orders from the boss...

#8857 7 months ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I agree with this. It’s not acceptable for DI owners with a Celeron processor to be expected to change it out. While 1.57 is a fully functional game, the fact that there is further code that is not accessible without issues is a kick in your backside. Perhaps JJP is not allowed to comment on this issue, but a simple statement saying we are working on a possible solution would be enough for me. Maybe it can’t be worked out but at least KNOWING they are trying would be most welcome. It does give one pause to decide to buy early produced games, but if this is addressed properly, I would have some comfort buying an early game albeit all the other issues now coming to light.

DI is fully functional on both cpu's. Not all celerons have video issues. No video issues alter gameplay. They may annoy you, but the game play is not impacted in the slightest. Variable kick outs may not be cpu based even. And it also does not stop the game from playing either.

#8858 7 months ago
Quoted from Fpacak:

DI is fully functional on both cpu's. Not all celerons have video issues. No video issues alter gameplay. They may annoy you, but the game play is not impacted in the slightest. Variable kick outs may not be cpu based even. And it also does not stop the game from playing either.

Agree. The game is fully functional. Not the point and btw, even with the lag the game is one of the best out there. Maybe there are celerons out there without issues, mine is not one of them. If this is hardware based that can be fixed with software, I simply would like to know it’s being addressed. I’d rather not have lag issues, etc if it can be fixed. I’m still going to enjoy the game to it’s fullest.

#8859 7 months ago

I decided to wait with the update. I‘m still at 1.57 and I‘m happy with it, I do not see any drawbacks. I‘m absolutely not in a hurry.

I wonder if there is another club here at pinside with already 178 pages...

#8860 7 months ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I decided to wait with the update. I‘m still at 1.57 and I‘m happy with it, I do not see any drawbacks. I‘m absolutely not in a hurry.
I wonder if there is another club here at pinside with already 178 pages...

Pirates is 240.

#8861 7 months ago

I only had occasional lag issues, but the phone kickout was very unpredictable. I have a July 2017 build so I threw in a I5 processor and 8 GB of ram. Haven't seen any more lag and the phone kickout goes to the right flipper every time. Fun experiment and well worth it.

#8862 7 months ago

Just picked this up today. Been thinking about getting one for awhile! 2nd time in a row I bought a JJP without getting a chance to play it first. Speaking to the choir here but this is one damn fun game. So glad it’s in the line up!!

A34AA991-B8A8-4EE7-90D3-67DBD0982562 (resized).jpeg
#8863 7 months ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

I only had occasional lag issues, but the phone kickout was very unpredictable. I have a July 2017 build so I threw in a I5 processor and 8 GB of ram. Haven't seen any more lag and the phone kickout goes to the right flipper every time. Fun experiment and well worth it.

Which processor/RAM? I’m close to pulling the trigger on this - just want to make sure I get something compatible.

#8864 7 months ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Just picked this up today. Been thinking about getting one for awhile! 2nd time in a row I bought a JJP without getting a chance to play it first. Speaking to the choir here but this is one damn fun game. So glad it’s in the line up!![quoted image]

no risk here, DI is a must !

#8865 7 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I just looked at my game Hardware info. My game is identical to yours except I have 8GB memory and you have 4GB memory. I successfully updated to 1.71-LE with no issues. Maybe you just need another 4GB? (My picture has Device-1 and Device-3 and yours only has Device-1.)
(Also note that I actually smiled in the photo I took for this post as compared to all the stupid pictures of myself with my tongue sticking out for the high scores. My wife tells me I stick out my tongue when I concentrate....)[quoted image]

Don't know if I’m just one of the lucky ones but after reading the post above I upgraded my ram with another 4gb before taking the plunge from v1.57 to v1.71 and touch wood I’ve not had any issues to date, processor is the original Celeron G1840. Played numerous games over several days and must say I’m really enjoying the more improved video & graphics in both the theatre and phone as well as the light shows. I think perhaps try the update...... you can always go back v1.57 ? Totally addicted to this epic Pin

#8866 7 months ago

I’m new to the club too! Simply amazing game.

Why does everyone talk about going back to 1.57 vs 1.6?

Temp setup...
070A868C-3727-4D5A-898A-36C8284E0C51 (resized).jpeg

#8867 7 months ago

I just picked up a HUO LE from a local collector pal. My initial impression of this game from playing it on location was that it was pretty rad but I wasn't necessarily hyped on the package as a whole. After having it in my home for two days I can safely say that this is one of (if not the penultimate) Pat Lawlor achievement as the thing hit's it out of the park on nearly every level: design, rules, complexity, shot geometry and it really has a grip of TRUE PINBALL MAGIC going on as well! Looking forward to enjoying this game and learning more about it because I have yet to break 1 million on it out of maybe 20 plays.

#8868 7 months ago
Quoted from KHL:

I just picked up a HUO LE from a local collector pal. My initial impression of this game from playing it on location was that it was pretty rad but I wasn't necessarily hyped on the package as a whole. After having it in my home for two days I can safely say that this is one of (if not the penultimate) Pat Lawlor achievement as the thing hit's it out of the park on nearly every level: design, rules, complexity, shot geometry and it really has a grip of TRUE PINBALL MAGIC going on as well! Looking forward to enjoying this game and learning more about it because I have yet to break 1 million on it out of maybe 20 plays.

I agree completely, almost. As much as I've really, really tried to appreciate the theme....nope. It's a mess. The modes idea of natural disasters is great... But SOMEONE working with Pat should have given him feedback (with some emphasis) that the rest was plain goofy and didn't mesh well.

Loving the game though...

#8869 7 months ago

Finally broke down and installed 1.71 on my older run DI. Was previously on 1.57.

Phone kickout seems fine after a couple games. There is definitely video lag, it doesn’t bother me that much. What DOES bother me is I’m now getting steppy video from dropped frames. But as somebody that makes their living doing computer animation it might bug me more than others.

Overall I’m glad I updated and hopefully they can eventually optimize this stuff for is lowly Celeron folks

#8870 7 months ago

Jersey Jack signed mine. I think that means it doesn’t have lag / stutter

#8871 7 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Which processor/RAM? I’m close to pulling the trigger on this - just want to make sure I get something compatible.

I5 4670k. Kept the same fan. Bought on Ebay for £40. 5 minute job to fix. Solved all issues.

20190814_142930 (resized).jpg
#8872 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Why does everyone talk about going back to 1.57 vs 1.6?[quoted image]

not everyone, just few...
and than go to 1.71 not 1.6

#8873 7 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not everyone, just few...
and than go to 1.71 not 1.6

Hey ripleyyy, thanks for the reply. I realize my question was a little vague. Let me restate...

Some people are having trouble with 1.71 in terms of video lag. When this occurs, they speak of reverting back to 1.57.
For these people that need to go back, why do they go back to 1.57 instead of 1.60?

... Altan

#8874 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey ripleyyy, thanks for the reply. I realize my question was a little vague. Let me restate...
Some people are having trouble with 1.71 in terms of video lag. When this occurs, they speak of reverting back to 1.57.
For these people that need to go back, why do they go back to 1.57 instead of 1.60?
... Altan

My recollection is power issues with flippers, upkickers, etc...

#8875 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

... Altan

because 1.60/1.61 was having same issue as 1.71
1.57 is the last running OK

but again, nobody "need", as said above there're some coil power not always at same level, and small lag on the phone in some animations

#8876 7 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

because 1.60/1.61 was having same issue as 1.71

Oh! I didn't catch that. Makes sense. Hope it's fixed for those experiencing it.

I'll likely upgrade from 1.57 to 1.71 and try it out... Nothing to lose as you can go back, except my time.

My LE has the Celeron G1840.

#8877 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Oh! I didn't catch that. Makes sense. Hope it's fixed for those experiencing it.
I'll likely upgrade from 1.57 to 1.71 and try it out... Nothing to lose as you can go back, except my time.
My LE has the Celeron G1840.

I think you still have to load 1.60/1.61 before you update to 1.71,but I could be wrong?

#8878 7 months ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I think you still have to load 1.60/1.61 before you update to 1.71,but I could be wrong?

Yes you have to upgrade to 1.60 full install and Delta to 1.71

#8879 7 months ago

Run into my first strange problem... Upgraded to 1.60 with no problem, upgraded to 1.71 with no problem.

I didn't notice it at first, but after my first game at 1.71 I heard a ticking. Basically the game is going tick-tick-tick-tick. Seems to be very close to 4 ticks per second. I'm going to investigate further, but it seems to be happening all the time --- it's just most noticeable during attract.

Anyone run into this?

EDIT: It has stopped. Hmmm....

#8880 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Run into my first strange problem... Upgraded to 1.60 with no problem, upgraded to 1.71 with no problem.
I didn't notice it at first, but after my first game at 1.71 I heard a ticking. Basically the game is going tick-tick-tick-tick. Seems to be very close to 4 ticks per second. I'm going to investigate further, but it seems to be happening all the time --- it's just most noticeable during attract.
Anyone run into this?

I noticed that as well after the upgrade. I assumed it had something to do with needing the ground loop filter that has been mentioned in this thread a few times. I'm going to try downgrading to 1.57 later today to see if that goes away.

#8881 7 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I noticed that as well after the upgrade. I assumed it had something to do with needing the ground loop filter that has been mentioned in this thread a few times. I'm going to try downgrading to 1.57 later today to see if that goes away.

If it's like mine, the tick matches the red led on the board in the backbox. A reboot again fixes it every time.

#8882 7 months ago

Yeah, it seems to match the flickering of the LEDs (ie: PWM) . I noticed that when looking at the spotlight pointing at the mechanic.

#8883 7 months ago

How are the Drone propellers suppose to operate? In the LED tests, only the center one turns the propellers. The top one just flashes its lights. I don't think the bottom one does either...

... Altan

NOTE: Above should say coil test, but I incorrectly wrote LED... Thanks LTG for catching it.

#8884 7 months ago

What's your best 10k+ score? I've had it up to 16k. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is what the rule is:

When the right inlane is lit red, you can shoot the left ramp for a 10K hurry up. The girl may or may not say 'again!'. As the ball returns to the left flipper, hold it up and let it roll over to the right flipper, maybe a slight nudge helps. Shoot the left ramp again for 1K more value than last time. Keep doing this as long as you can, it's quite fun!

Rob

#8885 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

How are the Drone propellers suppose to operate? In the LED tests,

LED Tests - Huh ?

Tests - Coils - #46, #47, #48

LTG : )

#8886 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

LED Tests - Huh ?
Tests - Coils - #46, #47, #48

Haha... My mistake ltg . I did use the Coil tests (but it's not what I wrote!)

46: LED on drone just flashes, propellers don't do anything
47: LED on drone flashes, propellers spin
48: LED on drone just flashes, propellers don't do anything

Could I possibly have 2 defective drones? Seems odd.

... Altan

#8887 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Could I possibly have 2 defective drones?

Wells lets see. One works. Two don't ? Hmmm......... One does. Hmmm........... the plot thickens.

Yes. Possibly you have two drones that bit the big one.

Yup, I'd go with that. Two bad ones.

You can search this thread for replacements or replacement motors. 4 small motors in there, one goes out, they all go out.

#8888 7 months ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1866 UDIMM
Intel Core i5-4670 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54670 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Ordered from Newegg. Easy install.

#8889 7 months ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1866 UDIMM
Intel Core i5-4670 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4 GHz LGA 1150 84W BX80646I54670 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

Ordered from Newegg. Easy install.

Thanks. $300, ouch!

#8890 7 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

But SOMEONE working with Pat should have given him feedback (with some emphasis) that the rest was plain goofy and didn't mesh well.

I feel opposite. I love the “goofiness” of it. You don’t see that anymore!

#8891 7 months ago

You should be able to find a used i5 4590 (3.3ghz) for about $50. I got mine for $70 (CAD) local. I like that the pins are not on the cpu any more, but on the motherboard socket so it's an easy, worry free replacement. The stock heatsink is adequate, but a low profile one with copper core would be more ideal.

Rob

#8892 7 months ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I feel opposite. I love the “goofiness” of it. You don’t see that anymore!

I like everything about the theme except for red shirt guy.

Rob

#8893 7 months ago

I see an opportunity for some mod maker to design a better sim card ball deflector. One that is curved like the phone scoop so it deflects the ball down, instead back towards the sim card entrance edge where it will bounce out a lot of the time.

Or, another possible solution is a neo magnet behind the deflector plate to reduce bounce back.

Rob

#8894 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

What's your best 10k+ score? I've had it up to 16k. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this is what the rule is:
When the right inlane is lit red, you can shoot the left ramp for a 10K hurry up. The girl may or may not say 'again!'. As the ball returns to the left flipper, hold it up and let it roll over to the right flipper, maybe a slight nudge helps. Shoot the left ramp again for 1K more value than last time. Keep doing this as long as you can, it's quite fun!
Rob

hmm... seems you still have some work to do here (lol of course)
as if i'm correct you just only shoot for 7 loop/combos... and i'm now at 43 in a row

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/173#post-5130783

i've already reported this "exploit" (which is not really, in fact its still pinball skill) to the coders team, and Joe removed it from the "competition" settings

#8895 7 months ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hmm... seems you still have some work to do here (lol of course)
as if i'm correct you just only shoot for 7 loop/combos... and i'm now at 43 in a row
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/173#post-5130783
i've already reported this "exploit" (which is not really, in fact its still pinball skill) to the coders team, and Joe removed it from the "competition" settings

Maybe it should have been changed in the regular game settings too? 10K+ 1K for each mode beat? To collect it again, you have to relight the inlane hurry up. The way it is now just seems too exploitable even for non tournament play.

Rob

#8896 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I see an opportunity for some mod maker to design a better sim card ball deflector. One that is curved like the phone scoop so it deflects the ball down, instead back towards the sim card entrance edge where it will bounce out a lot of the time.
Or, another possible solution is a neo magnet behind the deflector plate to reduce bounce back.
Rob

I've thinking about this very issue for quite a while and I had a couple of 3d printed designs that I still need to print and test. Its more like a wave shaped scoop to coerce the ball if it even gets remotely close. I planned to removed the top post and mounted it from the rear post.

Purists will just say play better, I am a below average player so I need all the help I can get. It was just such a distraction/frustration to the flow of the game not being able to ever get that shot deliberately. I'm not hurting anyone by doing it and its my machine so I can do what I want

#8897 7 months ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe it should have been changed in the regular game settings too? ... The way it is now just seems too exploitable even for non tournament play.Rob

that's what i've said to Joe, but he's the one to decide of course (btw, 20K is the max)

now, let's be realist, making this shoot over & over again is not that "easy", and if you decide to go for that tactic, that means you're not playing all is around... risky

#8898 7 months ago

Loving my game and have a quite a few plays. I didn’t see this in the key posts but I am sure there is a brilliant solution to the ball ending up behind the phone. It has happened to me twice so far. What is the fix? Thanks in advance from a new owner.

#8899 7 months ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Loving my game and have a quite a few plays. I didn’t see this in the key posts but I am sure there is a brilliant solution to the ball ending up behind the phone. It has happened to me twice so far. What is the fix? Thanks in advance from a new owner.

You talking about this? ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/152#post-4940308

#8900 7 months ago

Still cannot believe how incredible Dialed In is!

But nothing's perfect. I've had the ball get temporarily stuck in the playfield slot where the Quantum Electric Guy slides back and forth. Ball hunt fixes it (guy moves to the left and eventually pushes the ball out), but certainly impacts the game's flow!

Is this just a fact of life for Dialed In?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,000.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 10165 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 204.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside