IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 273.
#8651 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You mean the mylar directly on top of the magnet? You can remove the round piece directly over the magnet. I will eventually get chewed up anyway,

It feels a little thicker then Mylar . If I cut it or remove it there will be a divet between playfield and magnet ?

#8652 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It feels a little thicker then Mylar . If I cut it or remove it there will be a divet between playfield and magnet ?

you can remove it. I've done it on my game on both magnets. You can leave it on if you'd like, but eventually, the heat from the magnet and the ball movement over it will eventually chew it up and you'll remove it anyway. The spot over the magnet is already cut out. You just have to get something underneath it. There won't be any impact to ball movement once it's gone.

I removed mine by taking off the magnet and pushing it up from underneath, as it was starting to unstick and fall off, same with the theater.

#8653 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And other boards.
LTG : )

So is there any secret to removing the head ( are there major disconnects in the harness for example) or do I just have to remove all the connectors in the head like I would a WMS game?

I just thought my Hobbit was fairly simple to pull out the playfield and a shame if DI is not easy.

20190807_122405 (resized).jpg20190807_122405 (resized).jpg20190807_122447 (resized).jpg20190807_122447 (resized).jpg20190807_171449 (resized).jpg20190807_171449 (resized).jpg20190807_122351 (resized).jpg20190807_122351 (resized).jpg
#8654 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

So is there any secret to removing the head ( are there major disconnects in the harness for example) or do I just have to remove all the connectors in the head like I would a WMS game?
I just thought my Hobbit was fairly simple to pull out the playfield and a shame if DI is not easy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did it when I brought my DI home - it's not too hard, and yes, it's similar to a WPC game. Just take lots of photos.

#8655 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

do I just have to remove all the connectors in the head like I would a WMS game?

See the two black plastic tubes from the lower cabinet into the head ? Unplug all that shit. Take notes, plenty of pictures. Even mark them.

#8656 4 years ago

An someone explain what the phone means after you lock a ballin the station and it says ‘press both flippers to cancel multiball’? I’ve tried hitting them both, holding them, double tapping them and it never cancels multiball??? How do you do it??

#8657 4 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

I did it when I brought my DI home - it's not too hard, and yes, it's similar to a WPC game. Just take lots of photos.

Thanks

#8658 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See the two black plastic tubes from the lower cabinet into the head ? Unplug all that shit. Take notes, plenty of pictures. Even mark them.

Lol..thanks. was hoping I was missing something.

For the record, I thought the Hobbit was a move in the right direction. We are all getting older and moving these heavy games is getting dangerous, adding a connector in the middle of the harness would be welcome addition. After moving a JJP game around moving a Stern is like bag of groceries..

#8659 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Lol..thanks. was hoping I was missing something.
For the record, I thought the Hobbit was a move in the right direction. We are all getting older and moving these heavy games is getting dangerous, adding a connector in the middle of the harness would be welcome addition. After moving a JJP game around moving a Stern is like bag of groceries..

Connectors add resistance as well as being another potential point of failure. I know it sucks beheading games because I've had to do it many times at my old residence to get games into the basement. With my new place it's a breeze getting games in and out, but even then DILE proved to be almost too wide for the door. There was probably less than 1/8 inch clearance on the sides. DILE heads are wider than a Stern head. And it's a surprisingly heavy game too!

Rob

#8660 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

An someone explain what the phone means after you lock a ballin the station and it says ‘press both flippers to cancel multiball’? I’ve tried hitting them both, holding them, double tapping them and it never cancels multiball??? How do you do it??

Do it very quickly or it times out.

#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Do it very quickly or it times out.

I feel like I am? You just immediately press both flippers together once and that cancels it?

#8662 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

double tap, and as said above, directly after its available, as 2 second and its too late...
1 possibility per game, you to choose when its good (or not) to use it

#8663 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I feel like I am? You just immediately press both flippers together once and that cancels it?

I chimp flip the shit out of the game until it cancels MB. You have to do it right after the ball is locked.

#8664 4 years ago

It should be a double flip with both flippers. Needs to be done, while the cancellation message is still displayed. It is possible one time for each multiball (not only once per game), but never during a mode.

#8665 4 years ago

All right I’ll keep trying lol, sounds like it IS possible at least. Once you cancel, can you lock a second ball so you start the first multiball with 3 instead of 2?

#8666 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

All right I’ll keep trying lol, sounds like it IS possible at least. Once you cancel, can you lock a second ball so you start the first multiball with 3 instead of 2?

I wish cancelling meant you can lock a second ball for a 3 ball multiball.

Rob

#8667 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

No. Once you cancel (on your first MB) and you start a mode at the phone scoop, the Phone scoop will light again to start MB. On the second MB, you can lock 2 balls via side ramp for a 3 ball MB.

#8668 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

It should be a double flip with both flippers. Needs to be done, while the cancellation message is still displayed. It is possible one time for each multiball (not only once per game), but never during a mode.

I double tap as soon as the bezel lights start to indicate a mb is ready and then I double tap again after a micro pause.
This maneuver takes about 2 seconds and the rhythm is 3 beats, beat one (Tap, Tap), beat two (Rest), beat three (Tap, Tap). This always works for me.
FWIW I get ready to start tapping right when the ball hits the side ramp or the Bob hole. So my taps start right when the lights start, not after the lights have started.

#8669 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

It is possible one time for each multiball (not only once per game)

or we missunderstand
or (again lol) i may have missed something, explain please...

#8670 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

of course, your code is up-to-date ? (to be honest, i dont know is this feature is there from the begining)

#8671 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

No.
AFAIK Extra balls are only available as add-a-ball by hitting the phone 3x during a multiball.

#8672 4 years ago

Thinking of joining this club to round out my collection but have couple questions for the owners? can someone tell me what the difference is between standard and LE version? Is it worth it to get the LE over standard? For the LE owners, if you can do it again, would you still buy the LE or buy the standard?

#8673 4 years ago

The LE has lit ramps and invisiglass - very much woth it in my opinion.

#8674 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

Thinking of joining this club to round out my collection but have couple questions for the owners? can someone tell me what the difference is between standard and LE version? Is it worth it to get the LE over standard? For the LE owners, if you can do it again, would you still buy the LE or buy the standard?

This might help, https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/ Just click on Dialed In,and you can see what each model has over the next one.

#8675 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The LE has lit ramps and invisiglass - very much woth it in my opinion.

Plus shaker motor and powder coated.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8676 4 years ago
Quoted from V4Vendetta:

LE all the way. I almost sold my LE to replace it with the CE.

#8677 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

or we missunderstand
or (again lol) i may have missed something, explain please...

everytime you lock enough balls to start a multiball during a game, you can cancel the call and delay it until the next mode starts (or ball is lost).

First you lock one ball and enable a two ball multiball - you can delay it until next mode starts
Next time you lock two balls to enable a three ball multiball - you can again delay it until the next mode starts
Then you lock three balls to enable a four ball multiball - you can again delay it...
and so on...

So each time you lock enough balls to have a multiball ready, you have a short time to double tap both flippers to cancel the call and delay the multiball until the next mode starts or the ball is lost.

#8678 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

of course, your code is up-to-date ? (to be honest, i dont know is this feature is there from the begining)

Yep, sounds like I’m just waiting too long.

#8679 4 years ago

Hi all. When i shoot the ball into the Crazy Bob scoop about every 10th shot the ball dislodges and ends up on the floor of the pinball. Any easy fix for this? Thanks!

#8680 4 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Hi all. When i shoot the ball into the Crazy Bob scoop about every 10th shot the ball dislodges and ends up on the floor of the pinball. Any easy fix for this? Thanks!

Thats the secret passage code in version 1.85!

#8681 4 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Sounds like something may be broken/cracked on subway that the ball is getting thru? Have you checked it out below the pf?

#8682 4 years ago

I am having a blast on this game but I lose a ball about every second or third game because of a bad scoop eject between the flippers (either unsavable or I tilt trying to save). I’m about to just remove the tilt bob im getting so frustrated with the varied scoop eject power and theatre ‘throws’ that just drop straight down as I desperately try to save the drain.

After how much this has been brought up (it’s been going on a long time, right??) I’m just really surprised JJP didn’t address it either thru code or mechanics diagnostics.

It’s the one detriment to the game- I am super happy with everything else.

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Very easy fix, I made a post showing how I fixed this problem on my game. Once I find the post I made , I'll repost it for you. It takes two seconds to fix!

#8684 4 years ago

That would be great. Thank you

#8685 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

everytime you lock enough balls to start a multiball during a game, you can cancel the call and delay it until the next mode starts (or ball is lost).
First you lock one ball and enable a two ball multiball - you can delay it until next mode starts
Next time you lock two balls to enable a three ball multiball - you can again delay it until the next mode starts
Then you lock three balls to enable a four ball multiball - you can again delay it...
and so on...
So each time you lock enough balls to have a multiball ready, you have a short time to double tap both flippers to cancel the call and delay the multiball until the next mode starts or the ball is lost.

ok... as intended of course
then, what i was saying is : you have only 1 cancel per game, i mean when you've used it, no more cancel available for the following MB in that game

(and if not, there's something wrong here, the pin, or my brain lol)

#8686 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thats the secret passage code in version 1.85!

yep Art... the sneak in easter egg from THEATRE OF MAGIC... vanish !!!

(to Bodacious : as said, easy tweak, good luck)

#8687 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you have only 1 cancel per game,

I'm not sure, I think only 1 cancel per multiball

#8688 4 years ago
Quoted from poup:

alors je suis fou lol

#8689 4 years ago

exactly:

only one cancel per mutliball. NOT only one cancel per game...

#8690 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I am having a blast on this game but I lose a ball about every second or third game because of a bad scoop eject between the flippers (either unsavable or I tilt trying to save). I’m about to just remove the tilt bob im getting so frustrated with the varied scoop eject power and theatre ‘throws’ that just drop straight down as I desperately try to save the drain.
After how much this has been brought up (it’s been going on a long time, right??) I’m just really surprised JJP didn’t address it either thru code or mechanics diagnostics.
It’s the one detriment to the game- I am super happy with everything else.

The phone scoop variations could be just due to mechanical issues. Check out the phone kick-out mechanic.

But there is also a change in code (drivers) introduced with version 1.60 causing this behaviour for some machines. If you read through the last few pages, you will understand.

You can check this by downgrading to version 1.57 i.e. and check, if the kick-out is consistent again.

For now there is no real fix, not even a statement from JJP. What we (users here) discovered so far: there are different CPUs used in different DI!s. People with the Pentium do not or only rarely report this problem, people with a celeron do report it often.

Some tried updating the processor (myself included) and it seems to fix the problem or at least covers it. Beside the phone kick-out consistency it also fixes video delays and other inconsistency i.e. the magnet power, etc...

So it might be a try for you to swap the processor of your DI!...

The theatre balls sdtm can be reduced by just rising the back right leg a bit, so the ball - if not deflected by the electrical guy or the magnets is going to the left flipper finger...

#8691 4 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

That would be great. Thank you

Go to post #5225,Since I've done this fix,I haven't had one ball drop inside the cabinet.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105

#8692 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Damn! And on a Friday!

So new upgrade GPU arrived. I swapped back to the old CPU and tested with the new GPU, but unfortunately no change. Swapped back to updated CPU and all is good again. I thought the upgraded GPU might help the phone considering it’s the only video that runs off of it, but no dice. CPU seems to be the only way to fix the sync issues until JJP finds a fix.

#8693 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

So new upgrade GPU arrived. I swapped back to the old CPU and tested with the new GPU, but unfortunately no change. Swapped back to updated CPU and all is good again. I thought the upgraded GPU might help the phone considering it’s the only video that runs off of it, but no dice. CPU seems to be the only way to fix the sync issues until JJP finds a fix.

My new CPU arrived today, won't be able to swap it out for awhile, vacation for a week.

#8694 4 years ago

Has anyone had any luck (ie no video lag or coil power issues) with 1.71 and the Celeron processor?

#8695 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Has anyone had any luck (ie no video lag or coil power issues) with 1.71 and the Celeron processor?

I haven’t noticed the video lag but have some coil power issues. What I did notice though the other day — on the roving arrow mode the call outs ‘shoot the left ramp, etc’ were late— behind the arrow, it had already moved on to the next shot. Maybe there could have been some other reason for this but it seemed like it was just delayed possibly? Anyone else noticed this? It could just be a sound ducking/sequence thing going on if there’s multiple clips queuing maybe?

#8696 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

ok, message clear, seems as an evidence than...
tanx for the feedback

#8697 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

exactly:
only one cancel per mutliball. NOT only one cancel per game...

Quoted from poup:

and than, just tested in game... i'm fool, and you're right guys

btw, just had my best game about SIM with 7 collected (and playing next mode)
OK, next time, still on road to SHOWDOWN

#8698 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and than, just tested in game... i'm fool, and you're right guys
btw, just had my best game about SIM with 7 collected (and playing next mode)
OK, next time, still on road to SHOWDOWN

Man I don’t get how some of you guys are collecting so many letters and finishing modes! I think I’ve completed 4 modes and 2 or 3 letters on my best game, but usually 1 letter and complete a couple modes..

You guys are playing wide outlanes, 3 balls, normal difficulty?

#8699 4 years ago

I installed the 1.71 software today, after doing 10 games now and getting at least 2 chaos in quantum city I can report as le owner with celeron 1840 processor. everything is going well, the phone scoop rarely gives out the ball too weak, but that was the case before and it is not that often. except for acid rain, the videos are syncron I'm still totally excited about the pin. can it be (I suspect) that acid rain is simply badly programmed?

It bothers me much more that the white led on the left edge of the left ramp is not rgb and is nicely programmed with the rest of the light play

#8700 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man I don’t get how some of you guys are collecting so many letters and finishing modes! I think I’ve completed 4 modes and 2 or 3 letters on my best game, but usually 1 letter and complete a couple modes..
You guys are playing wide outlanes, 3 balls, normal difficulty?

well, i'm a tournament player, may i say quite good (but not as few others here lol)

my DI is set from factory, EXCEPT the SIM carry over from ball to ball

and also check this about the SIM hole protector : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-with-or-without-cliffys-

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.