IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 273.
#8601 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

So GPU test on hold. UPS shows package delivered, but it’s not here. Check cameras and never saw a package dropped. Thinking it was delivered elsewhere...

Damn! And on a Friday!

#8602 4 years ago

Other thoughts on DI code:

Last shot of subway door smash could maybe not catch the ball, but let the ball roll though because the door was smashed open.
Could use a daily lottery winner scoreboard

DI is kind of a new game to me, but I know development is basically done. Just wishful thinking.

Rob

#8603 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Could use a daily lottery winner scoreboard

Really? I have daily scores turned off otherwise you're constantly putting your name in.

#8604 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Thinking it was delivered elsewhere...

Jersey Jack got it. They didn't want you messin' with that

#8605 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Really? I have daily scores turned off otherwise you're constantly putting your name in.

I see your point, but it doesn't have to be a daily score.

Rob

#8606 4 years ago

I swapped the processors. From the weak Celeron to an i5 4670. No problem at all, just follow the pictured instruction from Coindropper.
After first boot you need to press F2 on a connected keyboard. Then don't be afraid by the password request. I just ignored it and rebooted (turn off and on again). The next boot was successful without any irregularies.

Hardware infos shows the i5...

- Betty spotlight is a little bit flickering, but nothing compared to before.
- Videos are all totally in synch. Even with the bluetooth dongle installed back below the playfield. No slow down at all during all modes and in all combinations with extra ball, big bang, multiball, modes, etc. just perfekt.
- coil power - consistency is really improved. I would say, if I was not looking for it, I would not have noticed any abnormal behaviour. The phone scoop kick out is almost perfect, if I flip all fingers during kick out in fast frequence, it seems to be a bit weaker, maybe the speed of the ball also differs a bit, but it is definitely not all over the place. I had not one time it did not kick out or something like that. So really improved.

I did boot the machine about three times, and played several games after each boot up. So far no problems at all.

I am not sure, if the faster cpu is just covering a driver bug or something similar. But in the end of the day, I am much happier now with the faster cpu. Definitely worth the 70 euro (for me).

#8607 4 years ago

Great info! Really looks like the faster CPU with better GPU compensates something...

#8608 4 years ago

#8609 4 years ago

Well that’s good news! So 2 for 2 on the processor swap. You’re absolutely right on it being a bandaid covering the flaws in the code, but I’m happy that it at least gives us the ability to play on the newest code without issues.

#8610 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Well that’s good news! So 2 for 2 on the processor swap. You’re absolutely right on it being a bandaid covering the flaws in the code, but I’m happy that it at least gives us the ability to play on the newest code without issues.

Yep. Totally agreed!

#8611 4 years ago

Just updated. Everything is fine. Got 3mill on my first game on this code.

#8612 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So you did not have to swap out the processor?

#8613 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

And are you running the celeron?

#8614 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So you did not have to swap out the processor?

No. Haven't been following all that talk.

#8615 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

And are you running the celeron?

Don't know what that is.

#8616 4 years ago

i'm running a CYRIX P166+ !!! and i have just done that :

43 (resized).jpg43 (resized).jpg

#8617 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I found that I only had this happen when I was trying to make a funny picture. Anyone ever get a picture to come out of you flipping the bird? I have tried and tried, no dice.

I had one come out the other day ,when I wasn't too happy with my last game.

#8618 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm running a CYRIX P166+ !!! and i have just done that :
[quoted image]

You say a 133 MHz single core processor is enough to run the game?

#8619 4 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

Thanks Lloyd - I found that info in the manual this morning, and will check the connector at the IO board this evening. Then, I'll start checking continuity (if I can find my always-misplaced multimeter). I tried reseating the connector this morning, but it was early, and I was in a hurry. I'll give it another look when I get home. Many thanks for responding - both here, and via email. JJP keeps you busy, and the customer service is impressive. Sorry if I caused a "double post" through my inquiries to join the JJP google group!

That's correct, and I had already taken it apart and tested the button. Pretty spiffy engineering of the part - the PCB can be popped out of the black plastic housing, and the PCB itself has metal contacts which are triggered by a rubber piece which sits under the plastic buttons. Very similar to a TV remote control. In the past, I've fixed those by cleaning the metal contact under the rubber piece with an eraser, and I thought that was what I needed to do here. However, it was not the button, and shorting the leads at the button did nothing for this one (shorting the other buttons worked fine). So, while this didn't fix the problem, it might one day help someone else that does have a bad button.
Now, on to hunt down a broken or disconnected wire.
Again - thanks for the helpful tips and feedback!

That will be my next stop, and I'll report back with what I find!

Problem solved! Turns out, the relocation of the machine must have tugged at the connections in the backbox. The connector at J602 on the IO board had been pulled at one of the corners, causing it to lose connection with pin 10 (the escape button). Unfortunately, by that time, all our testing at the molex connector near the coinbox caused one of the connectors to come loose. So we had to take a quick trip over to Fry's to find and replace the damaged pin. Oh well - it wouldn't be pinball if fixing one thing didn't break something else! But, all good now.

I also took the time today to build and install the DIY lighting mod, using the tutorial below. I wound up adding the lights to the bottom too, and used LED's that are a little brighter than the originals, but I really love the "pop" from the fully-lit translite. Thanks so much to @lyonsden for the idea and general parts list. Looks great, and huge difference in the lighting (see the difference in the picture with my son playing with the factory lights!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-guide-to-adding-backbox-lights-to-dialed-in

IMG_20190802_185847 (resized).jpgIMG_20190802_185847 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_171610 (resized).jpgIMG_20190714_171610 (resized).jpgIMG_20190803_173306 (resized).jpgIMG_20190803_173306 (resized).jpg
#8620 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

You say a 133 MHz single core processor is enough to run the game?

lol no ! it was a nostalgia-joke linked to our CPU talks...

btw, the combo hi-score is real of course, done yesterday

#8621 4 years ago

So, I finally had a day to tackle a bunch of issues. Trap door hitting, and as much as I tried, my bad hand could not unscrew the coil to drop a nut in.
So I used 2 clear sticky dots for cabinet protection, after cleaning the underside of the Ramp brace with alcohol and a q-tip.
Works like a charm, and much easier. I dont know how long it will last, but a solution for someone with trigger finger,

Next up was an update. Would you believe from 1.50 to 1.57! Nice!!!!!

However, when pulling the Blue Tooth Dongle Out, it shredded and Components fell off.
Is the Dongle proprietary, or any specific specs to replace?

After a Wax, New Balls, and Rubbers....Boy What fun I am having!
(Not so easy this weekend to do)

#8622 4 years ago

During eruption when you shoot the theatre — is the ball supposed to just drop straight down? Is stickman supposed to block a sdtm or the magnets supposed to mess with the trajectory so it doesn’t go sdtm? Nothing is more agrivating than a theatre drop sdtm — is there by any chance ball save setting for this???

#8623 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

During eruption when you shoot the theatre — is the ball supposed to just drop straight down? Is stickman supposed to block a sdtm or the magnets supposed to mess with the trajectory so it doesn’t go sdtm? Nothing is more agrivating than a theatre drop sdtm — is there by any chance ball save setting for this???

On 1.71 the default behavior is to drop the ball and QED blocks it. The only mode I know that purposely drops the ball without QED blocking is EMP and then I believe it's supposed to be the magnets that alter the trajectory of the ball. Except on my game, the magnets rarely, if ever deflect the dropping ball. There is no Theater ball save, but it would be nice to have.

Rob

#8624 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

On 1.71 the default behavior is to drop the ball and QED blocks it. The only mode I know that purposely drops the ball without QED blocking is EMP and then I believe it's supposed to be the magnets that alter the trajectory of the ball. Except on my game, the magnets rarely, if ever deflect the dropping ball. There is no Theater ball save, but it would be nice to have.
Rob

Ok — yeah, I think emp is what I meant. Damn, so annoying— I’m always on edge when shooting that shot, expecting to have to give the game a good nudge to try and save a sdtm.

#8625 4 years ago

Does anyone think 500 points per shot for theater modes seems a bit low? Do the shots count for increasing jackpot scores in QTMB? I'm always shooting these modes, but the shots just don't feel rewarding in terms of sound effects, lighting and points. I wish these were a bit more lucrative, like growing in value a bit the more you make (and maybe start at 1000 points instead of 500).

Rob

#8626 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Ok — yeah, I think emp is what I meant. Damn, so annoying— I’m always on edge when shooting that shot, expecting to have to give the game a good nudge to try and save a sdtm.

Just stack emp with Multiball. Choose another mission if it's not possible and play emp later with theatre Multiball for example. The game is much easier if you choose the right mode at the right time generally.

#8627 4 years ago

when you know you've just played a very good 1st ball... but you also know ball 2 & 3 will s*ck !!! and indeed they did lol

i love pinball

#8628 4 years ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

Just stack emp with Multiball. Choose another mission if it's not possible and play emp later with theatre Multiball for example. The game is much easier if you choose the right mode at the right time generally.

Actually I’ve never focused on what rotates the mode selection.. what rotates it?

With the quantum little mini modes - spider, train bash, etc — does a certain number of shots ‘defeat’ them for bonus points or are they just strictly on the timers and that’s it?

#8629 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

what rotates the mode selection..

Flipper Buttons

#8630 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Actually I’ve never focused on what rotates the mode selection.. what rotates it?
With the quantum little mini modes - spider, train bash, etc — does a certain number of shots ‘defeat’ them for bonus points or are they just strictly on the timers and that’s it?

The flippers change the mode selection.

The mini modes are on a timer. I wish the rules and scoring were better for these minor modes.

Rob

#8631 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

You have to finish drone captive balls, train bash, spider spinner and kilowatt drop targets to start quantum theatre Multiball. They are activated with drone target, ramp, spider target and QED guy hits with an immediately theatre shot afterward. You can use Bob Multiball as well and also stack them with the main Multiball... There are a lot of possibilities, just play more and have fun

#8632 4 years ago

Question - anyone decapitate a dialed in? I need to move it and it weighs a ton. Hobbit was not too bad but I know the CPU is in the head now...would it be easier? Harder? Anyone post a step by step yet? Thanks

#8633 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Flipper Buttons

Lol can’t believe I hadn’t noticed that yet. Thanks!

The minimodes seem to take several shots to the spider,ramp,etc and immediate theatre shot right after to activate the ‘mode’. Maybe on the 3rd one?

#8634 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I know the CPU is in the head now

And other boards.

LTG : )

#8635 4 years ago

Anybody with an early production game (Celeron?) do the latest update and not have any of these kickout / video lag issues? Still sitting on 1.57, all works great... but man kind of a bummer I can't have the latest and greatest code.

#8636 4 years ago

I bought my DI used and it had about 3000 plays on it. The clearcoat seems to be very robust on this game compared to any stern I have bought. It does seem thicker and far more dimple resistant than most recent stern. I'll include photos of the high wear areas so you can see how it's held up so far. It's apparently had the sim hole protector from day 1. There's factory mylar around the phone scoop and cliffies on the inlane drops. There was also mylar on the drain hole.

I did remount the sim hole protector because the leading edge was lifting up. After a bit of an adjustment and some 2 way carpet tape on the leading edge, it's working well. It does not seem to really affect balls entering the hole. I created a support ticket on the JJP site and am getting the phone scoop protector sent which is nice.

Rob
20190805_192318 (resized).jpg20190805_192318 (resized).jpg20190805_192439 (resized).jpg20190805_192439 (resized).jpg20190805_192509 (resized).jpg20190805_192509 (resized).jpg

#8637 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I bought my DI used and it had about 3000 plays on it. The clearcoat seems to be very robust on this game compared to any stern I have bought. It does seem thicker and far more dimple resistant than most recent stern. I'll include photos of the high wear areas so you can see how it's held up so far. It's apparently had the sim hole protector from day 1. There's factory mylar around the phone scoop and cliffies on the inlane drops. There was also mylar on the drain hole.
I did remount the sim hole protector because the leading edge was lifting up. After a bit of an adjustment and some 2 way carpet tape on the leading edge, it's working well. It does not seem to really affect balls entering the hole. I created a support ticket on the JJP site and am getting the phone scoop protector sent which is nice.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I was looking at mine the other day and thinking the same thing about sterns pfs— no doubt there is still dimpling but the craters seem way smaller. Could just be all smashed down but it’s only huo so it doesn’t have *that many plays on it. One thought is that ball speeds maybe are slower a bit. The flipper strength seems turned down on DI compared to a new stern. Are other people able to consistently backhand the left Betty ramp? It’s rare I can make it..

#8638 4 years ago

I still haven’t understood how to reach the Quantum Theater MB. I reached it several times but I never understood what triggers it exactly.

#8639 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I still haven’t understood how to reach the Quantum Theater MB. I reached it several times but I never understood what triggers it exactly.

Just read my post above. Theatre mini modes are timed out. Hold a ball and look at the status report. There is a whole screen that shows you the way to QTMB.

#8640 4 years ago

Played about 50 games with the new cpu, now. No issues with video or coils.
Had a new grand champion with almost 10m points including Armageddon and showdown.

I am happy with the 1.71 sw and the new cpu.

Nevertheless there is room for improvement. Showdown needs an end instead of just continue with normal game mode...

#8641 4 years ago

Did you use the stock CPU fan that was already in use in Dialed In?

If yes, then it could not a heat issue. Either it‘s he faster CPU or faster GPU I n the chip.

#8642 4 years ago

Yes. i sm using the fan that was already installed. from the specs it should be sufficient and I did not order a new one.

#8643 4 years ago

I am not an owner, but I just want to say that I really love this game. I made a huge mistake judging it by the theme early on. I played some Wonka and Hobbit at Pinburgh this weekend, but I just wanted to go back to DI. I liked Wonka a lot though too, don't get me wrong. But DI is just one hell of a layout and game experience!

#8644 4 years ago

Today I had a few times the feeling the phone kickout was a little bit weaker, again. Still nothing compared to the fluctuations with the celeron, but still something to notice, when looking for it.

So I still think the source is not the cpu, but the faster cpu seems to compensate it.

#8645 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

...I made a huge mistake judging it by the theme early on...DI is just one hell of a layout and game experience...

your sins are forgiven... lol

#8646 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I am not an owner, but I just want to say that I really love this game. I made a huge mistake judging it by the theme early on. I played some Wonka and Hobbit at Pinburgh this weekend, but I just wanted to go back to DI. I liked Wonka a lot though too, don't get me wrong. But DI is just one hell of a layout and game experience!

Me too. I realized my mistake and now I own one.

#8647 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I made that mistake too. I wrote the game off based upon the artwork and theme. I'm still not a fan of the playfield art with the red shirt guy, but it's not horrible either. I don't even notice that any more. I got a used one not knowing if I would really like it or not, but I've been playing the heck out of it and having a lot of fun in the process.

Rob

#8648 4 years ago

Hey guys I was cleaning the playfield glass and applying lightly some wax barely even touching the playfield the plastic on top of the drone magnet is lifting off a bit what should i do ?

A5EA6D37-45FA-42F6-A208-693AF2CF37A6 (resized).jpegA5EA6D37-45FA-42F6-A208-693AF2CF37A6 (resized).jpeg
#8649 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I was cleaning the playfield glass and applying lightly some wax barely even touching the playfield the plastic on top of the drone magnet is lifting off a bit what should i do ?[quoted image]

Cut it off the magnet... same with theater magnet

#8650 4 years ago

You mean the mylar directly on top of the magnet? You can remove the round piece directly over the magnet. It will eventually get chewed up anyway,

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/173 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.