IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 273.
#8501 4 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

But i was using a properly formatted 32gb stick.

Try a smaller GB stick. 8 GB to 16GB.

LTG : )

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try a smaller GB stick. 8 GB to 16GB.

Yep. That seemed to do it. Doesn’t like anything bigger then 16gb drives.

Cool. Thanks!

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I wonder if there will ever be a 12th disaster as there is one missing to fill the display of the phone. Would at least be a challenge to have this as a secret mission or something.

Yes! Great idea.

#8505 4 years ago

There is a new Dialed In on location near me that seems to have an issue with the wireform that returns the ball to the left flipper.... Most of the time the ball flies right off the drain and down the outlane behind the flippers. Is there something that could be missing?

#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

There is a new Dialed In on location near me that seems to have an issue with the wireform that returns the ball to the left flipper.... Most of the time the ball flies right off the drain and down the outlane behind the flippers. Is there something that could be missing?

I think there’s a plastic to stop that

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think there’s a plastic to stop that

Okay, I'll look into that...I know the owner, and hope to help him get it fixed. It jumps out of the wireform probably 90% of the time.

#8508 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

For those with issues with inconsistent ball ejects from the phone scoop, I've noticed that my balls get magnetized very quickly in DI, even carbon steel balls. When they start getting magnetized, I don't get good ejects from the scoop. When I swap to fresh balls, I am better again.
I have not upgraded past 1.57 yet, so I'm not trying to say whether it is or is not related to the upgrade. I just wanted to mention this as it may be something that is happening to some of you.

Another scoop “gotcha” is making sure it isn’t hitting the wireform (which runs very low). Slightly bending the scoop and/or reducing the coil power in the settings can greatly improve this situation.

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Okay, I'll look into that...I know the owner, and hope to help him get it fixed. It jumps out of the wireform probably 90% of the time.

JJP can send a clear plastic cover for that.

#8510 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Is there something that could be missing?

This.

dialedinrampthing (resized).jpgdialedinrampthing (resized).jpg
#8511 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Awesome, thank you very much!

#8512 4 years ago

I made my own mod...
20190728_215334 (resized).jpg20190728_215334 (resized).jpg

#8513 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This.

Oh that's what it looks like. Mine came installed with it. I keep thinking it was somewhere else and I was lucky it wasn't happening
Thanks

#8514 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes! Great idea.

Maybe somebody could suggest this to Ted? A 12th (hidden?) disaster would be a hugh surprise!

#8515 4 years ago

Was watching live steam of Kevin from Buffalo on beta code 1.70 and noticed he successfully completed "Emoji" mode with just 2 shots (scoop, then left ramp for 90K pts). Isn't it supposed to take 3 shots to complete? Does it save progress or something?

#8516 4 years ago

It would be nice to hear from jjp on the slowdown/coils issue ( I personally haven't noticed the coils issue, and I'm a fussy f***** so I guess I don't have it ) but I do have to leave the dongle out to get almost synced phone video.

#8517 4 years ago

When Betty‘s arm ist squeaking - where to lube it best?

#8518 4 years ago

Has it been concuded that only 2.8mhz cpu games are exhibiting the coil strength fluctuation issue or is it possible that the method (object oriented software code variety) used to address the drone failure issue is shared for other purposes and there are bugs in how persistent variables used by the method are written and/or cleared?

#8519 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

When Betty‘s arm ist squeaking - where to lube it best?

Below the playfield a rod from Betty's arm goes up and down in a tube, and rides a cam on a motor up and down. The edge of the cam or tube the rod is in. Whichever is squeaking, and just a tiny bit.

If the squeak is on top of playfield, check the pivot point between arm and shoulder.

#8520 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It would be nice to hear from jjp on the slowdown/coils issue ( I personally haven't noticed the coils issue, and I'm a fussy f***** so I guess I don't have it ) but I do have to leave the dongle out to get almost synced phone video.

A statement from JJP would be highly appreciated. Agreed!

The problem seems to be spread over more than a few machines, but not too many. I heard from some posts, that the developers are working on the problem, but no official information. If it is a SW bug and the team is working on it, it would be good to know, to trust in the team finding a solution. Otherwise it would be nice to understand how many machines are showing the problem and if JJP is investigating to find the source of the problem (or does already know and is looking for a solution).

Imho it would be the responsibility of JJP to find the source and propose a solution. Best without any cost for the customers involved, but even with additional cost: I want my DI! to be playing perfect! So I need to understand why this happens and how to solve it. At least this must be provided from JJP.

So maybe this is already in process. In this case I would like to know it. No matter if the solution is already near or they don't have a clue at all... Simply an information, if they know the problem and are able to reproduce it, would provide a better feeling...

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Below the playfield a rod from Betty's arm goes up and down in a tube, and rides a cam on a motor up and down. The edge of the cam or tube the rod is in. Whichever is squeaking, and just a tiny bit.
If the squeak is on top of playfield, check the pivot point between arm and shoulder.

Can the betty sculpture be taken off easily? Never tried to remove it.

And what I always wanted to know: how can the height in which the arm with the diverter stops be adjusted? In my machine the arm stops about 1 cm above the wire ramp, I want it to move down this cm.

#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Can the betty sculpture be taken off easily?

No idea.

Quoted from ClarkKent:

how can the height in which the arm with the diverter stops be adjusted

Below the playfield on the rod that moves Betty's arm, there is a miniature leg leveler at the bottom that rides on the cam that moves the rod/arm up and down. You can adjust the miniature leg leveler up or down as needed.

#8523 4 years ago

Well, should have read through this thread first...

Updated my game to current from 1.60. The video lag is terrible. I don't notice anything with the coils though. The video definitely did improve when I removed the Bluetooth dongle.

What has everyone been doing in regards to opening tickets with JJP? Should I get a service ticket created. Pretty bummed if my CPU just can't handle the new code...

Brian

#8524 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Well, should have read through this thread first...
Updated my game to current from 1.60. The video lag is terrible. I don't notice anything with the coils though. The video definitely did improve when I removed the Bluetooth dongle.
What has everyone been doing in regards to opening tickets with JJP? Should I get a service ticket created. Pretty bummed if my CPU just can't handle the new code...
Brian

I am considering whether or not I should wait on the upgrade...do you mean when Bluetooth is removed it solved the lag issue or it is just not as bad? I don't think I will ever use the app so that would be something I would try if it fixed the issue people are having...thanks.

#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I am considering whether or not I should wait on the upgrade...do you mean when Bluetooth is removed it solved the lag issue or it is just not as bad? I don't think I will ever use the app so that would be something I would try if it fixed the issue people are having...thanks.

Yeah. Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. I tried removing it and that certainly helped. Not perfect, but better. It does give an error when that's removed though...

#8526 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Yeah. Someone mentioned it earlier in this thread. I tried removing it and that certainly helped. Not perfect, but better. It does give an error when that's removed though...

I will sit tight.

#8527 4 years ago

One Point Five Seven

#8528 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Which video, the main screen or the phone? If it's the phone, which particular mode scenes? Providing more information would be useful.

Rob

#8529 4 years ago

I'm noticing inconsistencies at the scoop only with the 1.71 update. I have a early build one of the first 65 off the line. Hoping to hear a fix update is in the works.

#8530 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Which video, the main screen or the phone? If it's the phone, which particular mode scenes? Providing more information would be useful.
Rob

It's the phone (and not all of the time). Usually when someone is on the screen doing dialogue to start a new mode. And not any certain one. I have not played it enough since the update to really figure out if there is a pattern.

Brian

#8531 4 years ago

Anyone got a picture of one of these side by side with monster bash le? Or have both ? How close is the armour colour?

Thanks

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

How close is the armour colour?

Monster Bash is darker.

#8533 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Anyone got a picture of one of these side by side with monster bash le? Or have both ? How close is the armour colour?

Dialed In LE resting above Monster Bash LE.

DSC00042 (resized).JPGDSC00042 (resized).JPG
#8534 4 years ago

If anyone’s looking to join the club, I have an LE I’m going to list shortly in NY

#8535 4 years ago

Lloyd many thanks!

#8536 4 years ago

How many owners had the trap door flap break off? I have new flap material, just not the correct rivets to attach.

Rob

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How many owners had the trap door flap break off? I have new flap material, just not the correct rivets to attach.
Rob

+1 broken

#8538 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Several times...

#8539 4 years ago

I received my new Processor from amazon today. About 10 minutes to swap out. I’m posting from a phone, so my photos may not be in order. Just 4 screws to remove the cover. Turn the 4 brackets to remove the CPU Cooler, remove the old processor, add a dab of thermal paste to the replacement processor (also clean the old paste off of the cooler with alcohol) and reseat. Make sure the arrow in the corner of the processor faces the bottom right of the mb. Seems everything is working as it should. Videos don’t look to have any slow down and everything seems consistent.

0D731E1D-E642-426E-8BF1-470AFEBA806A (resized).jpeg0D731E1D-E642-426E-8BF1-470AFEBA806A (resized).jpeg11BA257A-EB1D-43B0-9439-21A7F3B59673 (resized).jpeg11BA257A-EB1D-43B0-9439-21A7F3B59673 (resized).jpeg1A29731F-3E3F-4355-84CB-C5B3D879544D (resized).jpeg1A29731F-3E3F-4355-84CB-C5B3D879544D (resized).jpeg272619B3-18BB-4381-A2CE-9F39DA2084E4 (resized).jpeg272619B3-18BB-4381-A2CE-9F39DA2084E4 (resized).jpeg494AC1C7-2251-4584-BB7E-F0D4D2EF1E22 (resized).jpeg494AC1C7-2251-4584-BB7E-F0D4D2EF1E22 (resized).jpegE9C8B2C5-09C9-4CAD-9946-2AEF0A016895 (resized).jpegE9C8B2C5-09C9-4CAD-9946-2AEF0A016895 (resized).jpeg
#8540 4 years ago

Also, plug a keyboard in when you first boot and just hit f2. Once done, it boots up as normal moving forward.

#8541 4 years ago

I guess I should have also asked, did you leave it alone?

Rob

#8542 4 years ago

Pretty sure my Bluetooth dongle is dead. Doesn't work in the USB port under the playfield. Plugged it in to an open port on the main board, nothing.

Do I need to get a new one from JJP, or can I just order one from Amazon?

#8543 4 years ago

if it is indeed supposed to be the JJP some devices with insufficient PC power in your software to run smoothly they should make sure that everything is done to correct this error

#8544 4 years ago

Some suggestions for any future updates:

The game really could use a ball saver on the theater magnet drop, especially when QED isn't moving to intercept. Sometimes the playfield magnets don't divert the ball enough (or at all) during EMP and sometimes the ball toss misses the toss. EMP is %70 SDTM on my game - not fun!

Add-a-ball could kick off another configurable ball save.

Since there's an opto on the theater magnet, is it not possible to use the opto for timing the ball toss? As soon as the opto closes, toss the ball - or is it too far away then?

Fix spider spinner so the magnet isn't catching the ball when it's the primary item on the display.

Rob

#8545 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I guess I should have also asked, did you leave it alone?
Rob

didnt changed it, to me its broken "perfectly" (if i can say that lol), and dont really feel it cause a prob to the ball rolling...

see : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezqrrg2giy9tn10/IMGP2283.JPG?dl=0

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I received my new Processor from amazon today. About 10 minutes to swap out. I’m posting from a phone, so my photos may not be in order. Just 4 screws to remove the cover. Turn the 4 brackets to remove the CPU Cooler, remove the old processor, add a dab of thermal paste to the replacement processor (also clean the old paste off of the cooler with alcohol) and reseat. Make sure the arrow in the corner of the processor faces the bottom right of the mb. Seems everything is working as it should. Videos don’t look to have any slow down and everything seems consistent.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

ok, easy about the hardware CPU swap, but only for those with some knowledge... than may be to those who dont know what they are doing, better think of it before making some "mistakes"

and than, no doubt it should run better of course (https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4590-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/2604vs2849)

now, can you confirm (must be someone else to check while you're playing) all is perfect on the main screen too ? (did you watch my video, if not check this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/168#post-5114563)

and last ask : as i see you've also added a second bank RAM, let's admit not for the amount of memory (...) but surelly to get these 2 slots working in dual channel... did this help too ?

tanx

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Also, plug a keyboard in when you first boot and just hit f2. Once done, it boots up as normal moving forward.

The most interesting thing would be if you had and slowdowns or coil issues before and after the processor swap they are gone now?

#8548 4 years ago

I want to take out the bluetooth dongle, I never play with the phone, and replace it with a thumb drive to easily back up my settings/hi scores. With the bluetooth dongle out the game throws an alert everytime I restart the machine. Any way to turn off bluetooth in the settings so it does not throw the alert? I do not want to turn all alerts off.

#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The most interesting thing would be if you had and slowdowns or coil issues before and after the processor swap they are gone now?

Yes, my video would slow down on the back glass and the phone. So far it seems to have solved it. Also, my phone scoop would sometimes take more than one try to eject. That issue seems resolved as well. I only played about 7 games but also tested acid rain with the glass off and no sync issue.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

ok, easy about the hardware CPU swap, but only for those with some knowledge... than may be to those who dont know what they are doing, better think of it before making some "mistakes"
and than, no doubt it should run better of course (https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4590-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/2604vs2849)
now, can you confirm (must be someone else to check while you're playing) all is perfect on the main screen too ? (did you watch my video, if not check this post https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/168#post-5114563)
and last ask : as i see you've also added a second bank RAM, let's admit not for the amount of memory (...) but surelly to get these 2 slots working in dual channel... did this help too ?
tanx

Yes, same issue seems resolved. The extra ram was just a test that I did before the processor swap. It doesn’t use all 4gb of ram so no benefit from that.

#8550 4 years ago

Thank you for the info! I didn’t ask - did you have the Celeron before?

I just bought an used G3260 for 35 EUR for my spare parts depot - just in case such processors are not available some years from now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/171?hl=pb_lawww and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.