IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 273.
#8451 4 years ago

Mine is June 2018 with a 3.3 Ghz Pentium. Haven’t done the update, still at 1.57 until things are solved once and forever.

I also bought a H81M-P33 board as a backup just in case. As far as I learned no special BIOS needed, just the dongle. And a ATI 6450. Maybe people tried that can talk about their experiences?

#8452 4 years ago

I just submitted a report on the issue to Jersey Jack. I'd encourage those with similar issues to do the same so that JJP can track the problem with serial numbers and hopefully resolve the issue.

Make sure to include your serial number! It's found just behind the coin door on the left hand side inside the cabinet.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/

#8453 4 years ago

Anyone have a solution to a noisy / squeaky QED target guy? Recently started making noise while moving.

#8454 4 years ago

If the issue is indeed the different speed in the main board, couldn’t JJP programers do one code each for the two different boards? Or is it a problem that the earlier board is just too slow to handle more code? Doubt that but it’s unfair to have buy a higher speed processor. Wish JJP would make a statement on this issue.

#8455 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Anyone have a solution to a noisy / squeaky QED target guy?

I'd look over the moving parts below the playfield. Any metal to metal maybe a dab of grease ? Anything binding against wood or metal ?

LTG : )

#8456 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd look over the moving parts below the playfield. Any metal to metal maybe a dab of grease ? Anything binding against wood or metal ?

Thanks LTG
I’ll investigate

#8457 4 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

If the issue is indeed the different speed in the main board, couldn’t JJP programers do one code each for the two different boards? Or is it a problem that the earlier board is just too slow to handle more code? Doubt that but it’s unfair to have buy a higher speed processor. Wish JJP would make a statement on this issue.

Well, it could also be a new driver they implemented between v1.57 and v1.60. The animations did not appear to be much different than the two.

I just hope they can narrow it down and fix it.

#8458 4 years ago

Hi,
Anyone interested in trading their Dialed In LE for The Munster's LE with less than 200 plays?
Thanks,
Tom

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If they had installed all 2.8Ghz processors in their machines, you'd be happier?

If you mean that all games have the same performance for cost by either keeping it the same or upgrading early adopters, then yes, I'd be happier.

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Slower processor in my machine, coils inconsistent, in rare cases delay in videos, with BT dongle directly in backbox
[quoted image]

I have clock speeds in the 3000’s and i have the erratic coil issues. So it likely not the processor speed unless we are all undersizes but i do not know enough to answer that question. I have also experienced slower animation on the main screen. I cant say how often but i know it has happened.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi,
Anyone interested in trading their Dialed In LE for The Munster's LE with less than 200 plays?
Thanks,
Tom

Straight up?!?

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Straight up?!?

Yes, if Dialed In LE is HUO and is in very good condition.
Thanks,
Tom

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Yes, if Dialed In LE is HUO and is in very good condition.
Thanks,
Tom

Does anyone else want to tell him?

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Well to be fair, brand new the Munsters LE was 9k.

DILE is going for 7.5k, maybe a little less.

So I don't think it's out of the question to ask for a straight up trade.

I'm not doing it, and I own DI standard.

Maybe the code for Munsters will improve?

#8465 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Maybe the code for Munsters will improve?

The imminent release of Jurassic Park is going to bury the Munsters. This is a game people will buy for ~$3k in a few years.

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The imminent release of Jurassic Park is going to bury the Munsters. This is a game people will buy for ~$3k in a few years.

I agree.

#8467 4 years ago

Issue after updating to 1.71:

I always have headphones plugged in. After I turn on the pin and press Start, the volume comes through the headphones at normal volume and out of the speakers at FULL VOLUME! I have to unplug the headphones immediately which drop the speaker volume back to normal, then reconnect my headphones and all is well again.
Anyone else have this happening?

#8468 4 years ago

I'm glad we agree.

Now sell me your Pirates, damn it!

#8469 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I’ll tell him. Despite our bickering over code updates I would never trade my DI for Munsters.

DI is freaking awesome.

#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

Issue after updating to 1.71:
I always have headphones plugged in. After I turn on the pin and press Start, the volume comes through the headphones at normal volume and out of the speakers at FULL VOLUME! I have to unplug the headphones immediately which drop the speaker volume back to normal, then reconnect my headphones and all is well again.
Anyone else have this happening?

Check your settings. They may have reset to where it plays through both regardless if headphones are plugged in.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’ll tell him. Despite our bickering over code updates I would never trade my DI for Munsters.
DI is freaking awesome.

I was about to say, bad move. DI is a way better game. I like The Munsters but it is not close to DI.

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

As a test I installed the software on an old i3 dell laptop. Have to use the dongle from the backbox to make it work. And the bios work around isn’t a problem.

No worries you don’t need the password then.

I did this upgrade on my hobbit in an attempt to do real-time video encoding and streaming a couple of years ago. Wasn’t as straight forward as I thought it would be. There are some side effects (ie. you lose the custom jersey jack boot animation etc).

#8473 4 years ago

I'm going to pull the bluetooth connector and see if that changes anything. Nope, doesn't change anything on my game.

Rob

#8474 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

More play testing on 1.71 and I'm now seeing even worse variations in coil strength than ever. Up until now things were not bad, but the last game I played was different. The phone scoop kickout got weak enough that once it couldn't kick the ball out of the scoop. That's the first time that happened on my game. The kickback was inconsistently weak as well.
Does anyone think this is affecting the flippers also, or just the standard coils?
Has anyone gone back to 1.57 yet?
Rob

I upgraded to 1.71 yesterday. Betty lamp was flickering again after the upgrade. Ran the magnet test and it was all over the place, even after trying to tune it. Then put the ball down the phone scoop in test mode and again it was variable how it kicked out. Played a dozen or so games and it's noticeable. Even the autoplunge varies in strength. The phone animations lagged badly as well.

Put it back on 1.57 and it's all good again. Magnet test is way more consistent, eject from the phone scoop goes to the base of the right flipper every time and the Betty lamp stays on solid. Phone animations are good again.

I'm happy to stay on 1.57. It's feature complete and my game plays well on it.

#8475 4 years ago

I received the following email back from Steve regarding the observed issues after the upgrade:

“Hi thanks I will send this along to the Chicago team. I appreciate your feedback as I know they are studying the issue. Steve”

I sure hope they can get to the bottom of it. I love this game.

#8476 4 years ago

For those with issues with inconsistent ball ejects from the phone scoop, I've noticed that my balls get magnetized very quickly in DI, even carbon steel balls. When they start getting magnetized, I don't get good ejects from the scoop. When I swap to fresh balls, I am better again.

I have not upgraded past 1.57 yet, so I'm not trying to say whether it is or is not related to the upgrade. I just wanted to mention this as it may be something that is happening to some of you.

#8477 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I received the following email back from Steve regarding the observed issues after the upgrade:
“Hi thanks I will send this along to the Chicago team. I appreciate your feedback as I know they are studying the issue. Steve”
I sure hope they can get to the bottom of it. I love this game.

You know Steve is in the thread, right. Just an FYI.

#8478 4 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

I upgraded to 1.71 yesterday. Betty lamp was flickering again after the upgrade. Ran the magnet test and it was all over the place, even after trying to tune it. Then put the ball down the phone scoop in test mode and again it was variable how it kicked out. Played a dozen or so games and it's noticeable. Even the autoplunge varies in strength. The phone animations lagged badly as well.
Put it back on 1.57 and it's all good again. Magnet test is way more consistent, eject from the phone scoop goes to the base of the right flipper every time and the Betty lamp stays on solid. Phone animations are good again.

I'm installing 1.57 as I type this. Alien Invasion is possibly the one mode that really highlights the slowdown issue where each progressive clip seems to play slower than the last. I was testing with glass off and one of the last Alien Invasion phone clips was quite slow, even the lighting effect on the phone was noticeably slow. I did not have the bluetooth dongle plugged in either. Once I get 1.57 installed I will test that mode again and see if it's still slow or not. Something to do on a slow saturday night

Rob

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

Which processor speed does your DI have? Production date?

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

... I've noticed that my balls get magnetized very quickly in DI, even carbon steel balls. When they start getting magnetized, I don't get good ejects from the scoop...

+1

that's indeed another point...

#8481 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'm installing 1.57 as I type this. Alien Invasion is possibly the one mode that really highlights the slowdown issue where each progressive clip seems to play slower than the last. I was testing with glass off and one of the last Alien Invasion phone clips was quite slow, even the lighting effect on the phone was noticeably slow. I did not have the bluetooth dongle plugged in either. Once I get 1.57 installed I will test that mode again and see if it's still slow or not. Something to do on a slow saturday night
Rob

Installing 1.57 made the phone screen washed out looking like the contrast was set very high. So I put 1.71 back on my game and the phone screen is normal again.

As for the drones, I saw 1.57 had a lot of drone usage going on compared to newer code versions. They would even react to switches like the left inlane switch for example. I adjusted the 2 leaf switches in the drone area to be more sensitive and that seems to certainly improve things in regards to the drones working better now. It's double rubber in this area so the switch gap needs to be pretty close. If these switches don't work, basically the drones don't work either.

Video playback on 1.57 seemed better on the phone. But, looked like crap because of the video issue I mentioned earlier.

I didn't play much or test on 1.57 because of the phone screen looking washed out. I will stick with 1.71.

Rob

#8482 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Let us know if it works

Full reinstall of 1.6 now, game is booting again. I’m considering to wait a while with the update to 1.71

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

As for the drones, I saw 1.57 had a lot of drone usage going on compared to newer code versions.

They nerfed the drones a bit on 1.6 and up to prolong their life.

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Which processor speed does your DI have? Production date?

I have the Celeron G1840 on the H81M-P33 motherboard. Build date was 24 October 2017.

Apart from the faster processor, did they ever install a different motherboard in these?

#8485 4 years ago

So are we saying if you don’t have a certain processor, the update will not work?

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So are we saying if you don’t have a certain processor, the update will not work?

No, the update works regardless of processor. Some people, myself included, have reported some inconsistency in coil firing strength and in animation speeds and sync since the 1.60 release.

The question has arisen if this might be due to the different hardware installed in the games during its production run.

#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

No, the update works regardless of processor. Some people, myself included, have reported some inconsistency in coil firing strength and in animation speeds and sync since the 1.60 release.
The question has arisen if this might be due to the different hardware installed in the games during its production run.

Ok cool. I was about to say. Damn if some can have no issues but others have to deal with it based on build date and processor. THAT WOULD SUCK!

#8488 4 years ago

for those caming "late" in this topic, and not reading what have been said before, dont get upset, and no need to be scary (of the 1.71 new code) : enjoy your DI as it remain one of the best pin on the market ! (even with these small probs)

#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

Full reinstall of 1.6 now, game is booting again. I’m considering to wait a while with the update to 1.71

Ok so after full install i updated to 1.71. I re-downloaded the zip file, re-formatted the USB memory stick and retried the update operation. Upon first boot there was different output on screen. Everything is now up and running.

#8490 4 years ago

I got around to installing an LED mod for the translite, really dig it. Theres so much more artwork around the translite that is now visible. Bad game though on ball 3, lol, got to almost 800k the next game!

20190728_115821 (resized).jpg20190728_115821 (resized).jpg

#8491 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I got around to installing an LED mod for the translite, really dig it. Theres so much more artwork around the translite that is now visible. Bad game though on ball 3, lol, got to almost 800k the next game!
[quoted image]

This is a worthy upgrade for the game. I don’t really care what the haters say - the art on this game is fantastic.

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

a DIY mod ? if yes, show/explain us
tanx

#8494 4 years ago

yep i know (tanx)... was more to see a DIY job

and i love DI ! should i say this here !? lol
just another great game, 5.9M pts, with near 1M in ARMAGEDDON, but still no SHOWDOWN
now (since i've removed the protector on the SIM hole) this is what i'm aiming for...

#8495 4 years ago

I’m having the same issue as a couple before have had. I downloaded the Delta and accidentally installed it on an older code.

The game boots, gives me the JJP Loading splash screen with the pinballs. Then just goes blank and i get static on the phone display.

I tried formatting a USB stick for a full install, and when i insert the stick and turn on the game nothing happens but what was mentioned above. I let it sit for 10-20 and still nothing.

I can see the light on the USB flashing but nothing is happening. Now i’m at a loss.

Any ideas??

#8496 4 years ago

I wonder if there will ever be a 12th disaster as there is one missing to fill the display of the phone. Would at least be a challenge to have this as a secret mission or something.

#8497 4 years ago
Quoted from ChanceKJ:

...I tried formatting a USB stick for a full install, and when i insert the stick and turn on the game nothing happens but what was mentioned above. I let it sit for 10-20 and still nothing...?

with what on the key ? i suppose a main code (1.50 or 1.60) !?

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I wonder if there will ever be a 12th disaster as there is one missing to fill the display of the phone. Would at least be a challenge to have this as a secret mission or something.

another nice idea

i was also thinking to have a retro mode, which was about the scoreboard being reproduced as a sys 11... but since STERN has done something similar in BK3, would not do it anymore (let's credit STERN for that)

in the same way, i've exposed my video mode idea to Ted & Joe, but still no reply on this... may be its a good sign !? lol
but OK, i think this will never happends on DI (shuuuuut for now) ...

#8499 4 years ago

Try a full install 1.60. Wipe out old 1.60 from your computer. Download 1.60 again from a different mirror. If you used the USA mirror, try the EU mirror.

Follow instructions for a full install. 8GB to 16GB memory stick. Consider trying a different memory stick if you continue to have problems.

#8500 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try a full install 1.60. Wipe out old 1.60 from your computer. Download 1.60 again from a different mirror. If you used the USA mirror, try the EU mirror.
Follow instructions for a full install. 8GB to 16GB memory stick. Consider trying a different memory stick if you continue to have problems.

I can try a different mirror. But i was using a properly formatted 32gb stick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/170?hl=nettek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.