Topic Stats

• 9,378 posts
  • 507 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 176 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,124 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190818_112830 (resized).jpg
20190818_112853 (resized).jpg
5CC58065-A49F-4026-88D4-6BCA684A9937 (resized).jpeg
DITrap (resized).JPG
97E55CF6-7B4D-48F8-A538-ED978827C7DA (resized).jpeg
91A790A6-A8F0-4357-A429-8A34B2B071B1 (resized).jpeg
2FA68F6F-FF94-4B2D-A3DE-3996F2A6E843 (resized).jpeg
Rubber (resized).jpg
Cliffy2 (resized).jpg
Cliffy1 (resized).jpg
Cliffy3 (resized).jpg
20191003_181551 (resized).jpg
ScreenJJP (resized).jpg
showdown (resized).jpg
25389D20-1022-4992-9032-DC58F7E0D621 (resized).jpeg
E0A0B586-7AF4-483C-9C4B-D556087D9FF7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9378 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 188.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’ve had the heavy duty Mylar that is on the magnets - not surrounding - peel up for both magnets. Anybody else seeing this? JJP support is awesome as always and is sending me new mylar. (Thanks Steve Z.!)

There was a post a while back that recommended cutting out the bit of Mylar that actually covers the magnet. I used an xacto knife and haven't had a problem. Need to do the theatre and the drone one. Found it easier to do it from underneath the pf. Best to do it as soon as possible so there is not to much sticky stuff on the magnet, but you can easily get that off with Citric acid anyway.

Jjp should be using Mylar that already has the hole cut out of it - maybe they'll change eventually.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

How is the wear around the magnets on the game ? Is any protection needed like Mylar circles or cliffy around them?

As above. Game comes with plenty of Mylar around magnets and also elsewhere. Had to add Mylar under the drop from the station ramp, and of course need to add cliffy's on both scoops if not already installed.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’ve had the heavy duty Mylar that is on the magnets - not surrounding - peel up for both magnets. Anybody else seeing this? JJP support is awesome as always and is sending me new mylar. (Thanks Steve Z.!)

There shouldn't be mylar ON the magnet cores, just AROUND them. No idea why JJP did this - they always will do this if you cover the cores with mylar. I just trimmed around with an xacto knife. Problem solved.

Note that removing the mylar from just the metal core part changed the machine a little on the one here. The drone one is more "grabby" (which is actually pretty nice) and the theatre had to have the timing adjusted for the throwback by -20 to work properly.

#804 2 years ago

wait so we need to cut off the mylar on the magnet? I wonder if mine has that too. They have been working well I think. What would this bring to the table if I do?

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wait so we need to cut off the mylar on the magnet? I wonder if mine has that too. They have been working well I think. What would this bring to the table if I do?

Because the Mylar will eventually get chewed up over the magnet and you'll likely have to replace the whole piece of Mylar.

Like this from crwjumper :

IMG_9291 (resized).JPG

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because the Mylar will eventually get chewed up over the magnet and you'll likely have to replace the whole piece of Mylar.
Like this from crwjumper :

LTG can you speak to whether JJP is doing anything about this on games in production?

#807 2 years ago

The mylar over my Theater magnet started to melt within the first week.

An X-acto and about 10 minutes fixed both that and the drone magnet.

#808 2 years ago

Man i cant wait for the new code...... while everyone is stuck on potc, they are missing out on this amazing pin bc of a cell phone lol.
Di may go down as one of those sleeper pins that in 3,4 or5 years will b in high demand . Such a great shooting pin with tons going on and to do... and its only gonna get better.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

anybody know the weight of a DI ?

I believe it's about 350 lbs. Definitely feels as heavy as WOZ.

#811 2 years ago

Got my DI LE last Friday. Machine born on 10/5/17. There was no mylar installed in front of the slings. Should I get some in there immediately? Already noticing the playfield getting lots of scuffs. Much more than my WOZ.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I believe it's about 350 lbs. Definitely feels as heavy as WOZ.

As someone that moves these things by themselves, WoZ is still the absolute monster when it comes to weight. That machine almost killed me when I was moving it to put the 4th leg on. All of the weight went to one end an it was me or the floor who was taking the hit. Of course I went right into it and saved a mess. DI is def lighter but also def the heaviest normal body machine I've moved.

On a side note:

Does anyone know if the machine "stores" those selfie pictures anywhere (at least temp)? Got some real good ones of the kids.

#813 2 years ago

Got my DI LE last Friday. Machine born on 10/5/17. There was no mylar installed in front of the slings. Should I get some in there immediately? Already noticing the playfield getting lots of scuffs. Much more than my WOZ.

Can you post a pic?

#814 2 years ago

My DILE comes today!! Super excited...

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

My DILE comes today!! Super excited...

That's awesome. You're going to love it.

I'm hoping to pick up alien today. Nothing like getting a new pin

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm hoping to pick up alien today. Nothing like getting a new pin

Agreed! Have NIB Aliens started to arrive, or are you buying a used one?

#817 2 years ago

New. Picking up directly from CT. They were going to contact me today to confirm today or tomorrow pick up

#818 2 years ago

So - what is the magnet by the drones used for? In the 20 or so games I've played on the machine, I don't think I've seen it do much. Does it stop and catch the ball at some point?

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

So - what is the magnet by the drones used for? In the 20 or so games I've played on the machine, I don't think I've seen it do much. Does it stop and catch the ball at some point?

No drone magnet catching in the code, no idea if there are plans to. I don't see a reason to. Currently when the ball hits either leaf switch, maybe drone target, not sure, it will trigger the magnet which pulls the balls towards the core, it released after a quick pulse to toss the ball sort of like if those were slingshots. I've had it tossed up the center ramp and theater. numerous times. Pulse length might be related to how hard the such it hit. Harder hit, switch is closed longer, pulls is stronger and toss is stronger. Might be in my head though. But it does seem to toss softer on light hits than hard ones.

#820 2 years ago

Marvin / when you roll the drone inlane and immediately hit the drone standup the magnet locks the ball snd finishes your drone lights

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

My drone magnet is my most active one..... it does some crazy movement to the ball. Yes it can also catch and hold the ball . Its almost like a crazy powerful slingshot most of the time..... love it.

#822 2 years ago

I noticed that my DI has the mylar over the magnets as well; however they don't seem to be showing any signs of cracking. Do you guys think I should cut out the mylar over the magnet?

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you guys think I should cut out the mylar over the magnet?

Yes just cut it out, it takes literally 2 minutes.

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

As someone that moves these things by themselves, WoZ is still the absolute monster when it comes to weight. That machine almost killed me when I was moving it to put the 4th leg on. All of the weight went to one end an it was me or the floor who was taking the hit. Of course I went right into it and saved a mess. DI is def lighter but also def the heaviest normal body machine I've moved.
On a side note:
Does anyone know if the machine "stores" those selfie pictures anywhere (at least temp)? Got some real good ones of the kids.

they are stored in ram for now. not accessible to the user.

with the release of the new software, they will have to stored somewhere on the hard drive as they will be used for high scores. I still don't know if they will be user accessible though

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

No drone magnet catching in the code, no idea if there are plans to. I don't see a reason to. Currently when the ball hits either leaf switch, maybe drone target, not sure, it will trigger the magnet which pulls the balls towards the core, it released after a quick pulse to toss the ball sort of like if those were slingshots. I've had it tossed up the center ramp and theater. numerous times. Pulse length might be related to how hard the such it hit. Harder hit, switch is closed longer, pulls is stronger and toss is stronger. Might be in my head though. But it does seem to toss softer on light hits than hard ones.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:Marvin / when you roll the drone inlane and immediately hit the drone standup the magnet locks the ball snd finishes your drone lights

I must suck, I have not seen that yet, so I must have failed that shot many times.

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its almost like a crazy powerful slingshot most of the time..... love it.

Yeh, it mostly acts like the Magna Slings on GB Pre/LE, but also does some other crazy stuff occasionally.

#827 1 year ago

I've had the drone magnet toss it into the SIM scoop. FTW!

#828 1 year ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I've had the drone magnet toss it into the SIM scoop. FTW!

I’ve had it throw it in the left outline. Potc has the same crazy magnets as di.

#829 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ve had it throw it in the left outline. Potc has the same crazy magnets as di.

Potc only has 2 and one is a diverter style in the orbit and other is back by the chest. They wont be near as active and effect gameplay like di...

#830 1 year ago

A bit off topic but I've ordered a POTCLE and can't wait to put it next to my DILE and THLE. JJP is taking over my gameroom!

#831 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Potc only has 2 and one is a diverter style in the orbit and other is back by the chest. They wont be near as active and effect gameplay like di...

Are you sure, when I played at expo, admittedly, just one game, the ball was getting thrown everywhere. I can’t recall if it was the discs or magnets, but I distinctly remember thinking it was just like DI.

#832 1 year ago

I just got word that my LE is shipping out to me today! Woohoo!

#833 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Are you sure, when I played at expo, admittedly, just one game, the ball was getting thrown everywhere. I can’t recall if it was the discs or magnets, but I distinctly remember thinking it was just like DI.

Probably bc the exposed pop bumpers and third sling shot.

#834 1 year ago

so lets talk about topper ideas (for LE people). This game shares so many similarities with AFM (style wise) I would think you could use something from that. Maybe even putting one of those flying saucers on the top of it. Not sure if anyone made a saucer topper for AFM but that would prob work.

what else? I need a topper and I'm not creative!

#835 1 year ago

Personally, I would really like to see a laseriffic topper done with a city grid covering it, and a silhouette of the main character (the one of him holding the phone in the air) overlayed on top of that. If it was getting real crazy, the silhouette would contain the circulatory system done in the same style as the city grid. I don't just want a topper that says the name of the game, I want something that looks awesome and makes the game unique.

#836 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can you post a pic?

Playfield 4 (resized).JPG

Playfield 2 (resized).JPG

#837 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Marvin / when you roll the drone inlane and immediately hit the drone standup the magnet locks the ball snd finishes your drone lights

Hmm I did some glass off testing and I do not get a catch on that magnet. I get all the lights to come on.

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Hmm I did some glass off testing and I do not get a catch on that magnet. I get all the lights to come on.

I've seen my machine catch the ball at the drones several times now.

#839 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I've seen my machine catch the ball at the drones several times now.

Is your di have the 1.45 code? Seems the new code catches the ball more....

#840 1 year ago

I'm on 1.00 and it catches it a lot....

#841 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm on 1.00 and it catches it a lot....

O wow your way back on code. U sld have at least 1.13? Maybe im just trying for it more now lol

#842 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

O wow your way back on code. U sld have at least 1.13? Maybe im just trying for it more now lol

Yes misspoke whatever latest is

#843 1 year ago

Anyone else noticing a ton of scratches on their playfields already? See pics above. Mine still has less than 100 games. Not seeing nearly this much wear & tear on my WOZ75 even after 900 games! What is happening to my DILE?

#844 1 year ago

Anyone else noticing a ton of scratches on their playfields already? See pics above. Mine still has less than 100 games. Not seeing nearly this much wear & tear on my WOZ75 even after 900 games! What is happening to my DILE?

Its not gonna stay perfectly shiny especially bc of all the magnets . Most of the marks sld wax out when its time. Also i wld change the balls to super shiny.... that helped on mine

#845 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Personally, I would really like to see a laseriffic topper done with a city grid covering it, and a silhouette of the main character (the one of him holding the phone in the air) overlayed on top of that. If it was getting real crazy, the silhouette would contain the circulatory system done in the same style as the city grid. I don't just want a topper that says the name of the game, I want something that looks awesome and makes the game unique.

I emailed Joe,he said maybe next year they might make a topper. The more interest he gets maybe it will be sooner.....email him

#846 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its not gonna stay perfectly shiny especially bc of all the magnets . Most of the marks sld wax out when its time. Also i wld change the balls to super shiny.... that helped on mine

Where do you get those shiny ones from

#847 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Where do you get those shiny ones from

Pinball wizard is where i ordered mine

#848 1 year ago

Yep have the same small scratches in same area after about 200 games...wax took them out and ordering new balls as they already look pretty beat up...it's just part of pinball and keeping an eye on things I also use a small battery powered leaf blower to blow the play field off to make sure any small metal particles from ramps and such aren't setting on the play field before I wax lol

#849 1 year ago

Has anyone seen this trap door error?

thumb_IMG_2644_1024 (resized).jpg

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Pinball wizard is where i ordered mine

thanks. I will prob need to replace some of the rubbers too (slings, etc). What do you recommend from that place?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, TN
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 9378 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 188.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside