IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 273.
#751 6 years ago

What do you need to hit to light the ball lock?

For Big Bang, it lights when you complete a mode?

When are SIM cards collectible?

My high is 2.1 mil, but I’ve mostly focused on combos and completing the disaster modes.

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What lights the ball lock?

According to the rulesheet: After playing at least one disaster mode you must shoot both ramps to light lock and then lock a ball via the upper ramp (or Crazy Bob’s for the first lock of the first multiball only).

#753 6 years ago

Big bang is lit by hitting side targerts with upper flipper. Sim is lit when u finish a mode amoung a few other ways.

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Big banh is It by hitting side targerts with upper flipper.

I've heard of this target as referred to as the "Cousin It" target, since it is in about the same place as the Cousin It target on Addams Family.

Are either of the wizards modes multiball modes, or are they single ball modes?

#755 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

What do you need to hit to light the ball lock?
For Big Bang, it lights when you complete a mode?
When are SIM cards collectible?
My high is 2.1 mil, but I’ve mostly focused on combos and completing the disaster modes.

You shoot the ramps(left,right)= lights Lock ball(side ramp). Lock 2 balls = 1st multiball.
2nd multiball & up= more ramp shots & requires 3 balls locked to start M-Ball. Phone scoop is shot to start all multiballs, except crazy Bob m-balls.

Big Bang is lit by shooting the "light Big Bang" targets(2). Similar to TAF. You then shoot Big Bang targets to collect it. Save Big Bang(50,000) during a mode! It automatically completes current mode & lights the Sim Card shot. Shoot Sim Card to Collect (100,000 +multipliers).

Sim Cards are available after any mode or achievement is 100% completed during the time given.

#756 6 years ago

The first LOCK lights automatically after the first disaster is played. From then on, u need to hit the left and right ramps to light it.

It gets harder, too - the first time, hitting them at any time in either order works. It will ramp up to needing to hit them in a particular order, needing to hit them as a combo, needing to hit them in a particular order as a combo, and then (finally) needing to hit them in a particular order as a combo to light LOCK for a _very_ short length of time.

Big Bang is probably one of my favorite pinball things, ever; you can have failed horribly throughout one of the disasters and redeem yourself with one (difficult & dangerous) shot. BB during a multiball scores all hit jackpots. And, there is _nothing_ nicer than hitting Big Bang to finish a mode and having the ball drop straight down to collect the SIM card.

Both the wizard modes are _serious_ multiballs.

#757 6 years ago

No clue on the wizard modes as ill never see them the way my game is set up .....

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

You shoot the ramps(left,right)= lights Lock ball(side ramp). Lock 2 balls = 1st multiball.
2nd multiball & up= more ramp shots & requires 3 balls locked to start M-Ball. Phone scoop is shot to start all multiballs, except crazy Bob m-balls.

Save Big Bang(50,000) during a mode! It automatically completes current mode & lights the Sim Card shot.

Sim Cards are available after any mode or achievement is 100% completed during the time given.

You can push your turn your multiball off by hitting both flippers when your phone starts right right after a lock. It will turn off and you can start a mode, add a ball to that MB.

Big Bang also collects all lit Jackpots in MB, or all JP + finishes mode when running together.

I had my best game yest the other day in which I had 4 Sim cards lit/stacked and cashed them all in But of course I didn;t get to armegeddon or showdown so whatever

EDIT: I still the thing the BB sjhould be used to score a Sim Card if lit...but I don't find the BB shot dangerous at all.

#759 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

And, there is nothing_ nicer than hitting Big Bang to finish a mode and having the ball drop straight down to collect the SIM card.

There is one thing nicer - when you hit Big Bang and the knocker fires simultaneously for a free game... then drops into the SIM hole

That is just a spectacular series of events.

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

There is one thing nicer - when you hit Big Bang and the knocker fires simultaneously for a free game... then drops into the SIM hole
That is just a spectacular series of events.

Yes its blinding and i usually lose the ball lol

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

EDIT: I still the thing the BB sjhould be used to score a Sim Card if lit...but I don't find the BB shot dangerous at all.

The SIM card unlighting when a ball drains is just _mean_. You can turn that off in the Settings, but I respect Pat too much to do that.

The BB shot danger depends on where the QED is; I've had a number of perfect BB shots come back SDTM.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

The SIM card unlighting when a ball drains is just mean_. You can turn that off in the Settings, but I respect Pat too much to do that.
The BB shot danger depends on where the QED is; I've had a number of perfect BB shots come back SDTM.

Yeah I refuse to turn on sim holdover as well. Without becoming annoyed/scared/angry and flailing away at that sim card hole it would be a totally diff'rent game.

Interesting...never had much issue with BB. I'm going to try not to notice it or it will probably start happening all the time.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats what I did...zero chipping or ghosting...

How tough is the install for the two scoops?

I'm really tempted here! I have a TOM that I was planning to replace the pf on, but maybe I'll let it go and just put my money into a DI. What to do, what to do!?!?!

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Maybe this will help.

LTG : )

#765 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

If you buy one of the more recently produced games, they come with two scoop protectors installed at the factory. Granted, they are JJP protectors and not Cliffy protectors.

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If you buy one of the more recently produced games, they come with two scoop protectors installed at the factory. Granted, they are JJP protectors and not Cliffy protectors.

The JJP ones strangely do not cover the back of the SIM card hole, which gets the crap bashed out of it from hard shots from the upper right flipper.

#767 6 years ago

guys - I need to trim a little off of the phone scoop cliffy. I realized it's grazing the ball upon exit. I've already turned the part that was catching up and it shoots fine and offers perfect protection. What is the best thing to trim/cut this extra metal off? I tried normal scissors but not strong enough. Need a small but strong precision pair. Any recs?

btw - cliffy on my GB also caused some air balls so I ended up taking them off.....

#768 6 years ago

Grind it off or tin snips would be my guess. Snips are not graceful though

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

guys - I need to trim a little off of the phone scoop cliffy. I realized it's grazing the ball upon exit. I've already turned the part that was catching up and it shoots fine and offers perfect protection. What is the best thing to trim/cut this extra metal off? I tried normal scissors but not strong enough. Need a small but strong precision pair. Any recs?
btw - cliffy on my GB also caused some air balls so I ended up taking them off.....

A good pair of dikes.........not that kind. This kind. Come on, focus!

diagonal-pliers-300x300 (resized).pngdiagonal-pliers-300x300 (resized).png

#770 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'd leave it alone. The ball action will bash the protector into the perfect shape after a few weeks of playing.

#771 6 years ago

Do the "pops" get stronger(voltage) as you level them up? I swear they do.

#772 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd leave it alone. The ball action will bash the protector into the perfect shape after a few weeks of playing.

I hear you but I just don't see it happening. That tin material is strong and its not moving back. It was installed perfectly fine too but I'm sick of how it effects the kick out and just by flipping it up and over it's perfect and I still get that protection. I might just leave it flipped over as it's just layered over. Dikes are a good idea. Both interpretations too.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Do the "pops" get stronger(voltage) as you level them up? I swear they do.

holy shit I was thinking the same! How awesome would that be!

#774 6 years ago

Got quiet in here...lol.

#775 6 years ago

Boy I sure hope the POTC reveal doesn't cannibalize DI sales - on the other hand, if they break out with Dialed In - "special Bob edition" with red powder coat and a free hat, we'll know what happened

#776 6 years ago

Di is totally different pin and im proud to own it....its also loaded with features, magnets, code and plays smoother and very flowy compared to potc imo. All jjp pins are must owns bc they are all so different imo.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Di is totally different pin and im proud to own it....its also loaded with features, magnets, code and plays smoother and very flowy compared to potc imo. All jjp pins are must owns bc they are all so different imo.

That sucks, I only have so big of a budget

#778 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hear you but I just don't see it happening. That tin material is strong and its not moving back. It was installed perfectly fine too but I'm sick of how it effects the kick out and just by flipping it up and over it's perfect and I still get that protection. I might just leave it flipped over as it's just layered over. Dikes are a good idea. Both interpretations too.

I don't have an issue with my cliffy....I did however have an issue with the skill shot cliffy....the switch kept getting hung up so I had to remove it...

#779 6 years ago

From JJP's Facebook page!!

Attention Dialed In! Owners - NEW CODE is coming VERY soon!! Check out whats new!
Legend: +Addition * Change/bugfix - Note

Version 1.45 October 11, 2017

Game Code
+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)
+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize

==============================================================================
== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)

- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.

=== Game Code
+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)

=== Core Code

* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I don't have an issue with my cliffy....I did however have an issue with the skill shot cliffy....the switch kept getting hung up so I had to remove it...

I have had a similar thing as well (ball gets stuck on that switch occassionally but it's a little bump to get it off (no tilt usually) so I kept it on.

Again - I love cliffy but there have been some really wonky things happening with these new games after applying his items. GB was the worst as I had to remove the cliffy.

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

From JJP's Facebook page!!
Attention Dialed In! Owners - NEW CODE is coming VERY soon!! Check out whats new!
Legend: +Addition * Change/bugfix - Note
Version 1.45 October 11, 2017
Game Code
+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)
+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize
== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==
- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)
- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.
=== Game Code
+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)
=== Core Code
* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

Awesome!! Now get that Hobbit update out !! I can't buy DI until next year so I have to ride out the wizard mode on hobbit!

#782 6 years ago

"Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City wizard mode (available after six
Disaster Modes)"

I guess this is a new wizard mode? Cool. I hope they replaced current still shots of characters with video like the others. Wonder when it will be released.

#783 6 years ago

Code is testing here at expo - ted said in about two weeks I think

#784 6 years ago

Awesome a mini wizard mode....and pics for high score. Also tons of other stuff ... love jjp code evolution.... top notch for sure

#785 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Code is testing here at expo - ted said in about two weeks I think

Two weeks? That's not "VERY soon" in my book, but that's okay. I don't even get my game until this Monday

Always appreciate code communication!

#786 6 years ago

at this point I've tweaked my game so well it's "dialed in". Game plays great, flippers both strong, scoop shot spitting back out perfectly and everything protected. Posted this beauty of a score just last night after work.

I can't wait for the updates either. 2 weeks is def not coming really soon but i will take it!

e355b38473230a2fc217f498f95f010ad781354a (resized).jpge355b38473230a2fc217f498f95f010ad781354a (resized).jpg

#787 6 years ago

Stopped by our local pin store the other day while out with the wifey and talked her into playing a few games with me. They pretty much have everything recent set up, and to my surprise, she turns to me while playing DI and says "I like this one!".

And my wife has as much interest in pins as I have in wallpapering.

Look like it's time to move something out, and move something in

#788 6 years ago

Just ordered an le today after watching pirates revel last nite.......got to wait a few weeks for it to be built. Antyone make a topper for Di?

#789 6 years ago

Anyone having ball trough issues? Switch 6 (trough jam) intermittently shows as closed (when there's nothing there), and keeps kicking balls out mid game.

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Anyone having ball trough issues? Switch 6 (trough jam) intermittently shows as closed (when there's nothing there), and keeps kicking balls out mid game.

Sounds like a loose connection on the opto board or a cold solder joint. Put it in switch test mode and wiggle the opto connector to see if it's intermittent then. If so, spread the pins a little and see if that makes it stay put better.

#791 6 years ago

anybody know the weight of a DI ?

#792 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Very heavy lol....

#793 6 years ago

well duh, but the jjp homepage makes kind of a secret about it. The guys who will help me carry it downstairs want to know if and how much heavier it is than say bsd.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

well duh, but the jjp homepage makes kind of a secret about it. The guys who will help me carry it downstairs want to know if and how much heavier it is than say bsd.

Probably about 300 pounds. Just a little lighter than WoZ.

#795 6 years ago

I know it feels as heavy as woz or hobbit and it's a standard

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like a loose connection on the opto board or a cold solder joint. Put it in switch test mode and wiggle the opto connector to see if it's intermittent then. If so, spread the pins a little and see if that makes it stay put better.

Ive reseated all the connectors, and traced them all back to the driver board, and reseated those as well. Doesn't seem to trigger if I wiggle any of these.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

It's the heaviest non wide body out there. I believe it's heavier than BSD

#798 6 years ago

How is the wear around the magnets on the game ? Is any protection needed like Mylar circles or cliffy around them?

#799 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

The shipping manifest says 140 kg

#800 6 years ago

I’ve had the heavy duty Mylar that is on the magnets - not surrounding - peel up for both magnets. Anybody else seeing this? JJP support is awesome as always and is sending me new mylar. (Thanks Steve Z.!)

87EDFF58-5A5E-4FC1-A00C-E2E1872A4C32 (resized).jpeg87EDFF58-5A5E-4FC1-A00C-E2E1872A4C32 (resized).jpeg

2535CC65-71B6-4AFA-8625-708AB66ECD45 (resized).jpeg2535CC65-71B6-4AFA-8625-708AB66ECD45 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/16?hl=silverwings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.