IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 273.
#8401 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have the flickering betty light, but haven't noticed any other issues. I need to play my game more.....
Rob

After more playing, I do see a bit more of what some people are talking about. For example on a game I just played now, the second animation for Alien Invasion played slow just like a previous posted video showed. Is it always the same videos that are affected or is it random?

I don't know about weak coils though. Everything seems mostly consistent with nothing standing out as being a glaring issue. The phone kickout seems mostly consistent as well as the kickback, but I might need to adjust timing on it a little.

The Betty lamp flickers during attract mode - maybe that's by design. Is it a lamp or flasher? I don't think this is an issue at all.

The drones remain very disappointing....

Rob

#8402 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Disappointed they didnt fix the erratic coil issue. That is pretty much all I have been waiting for. The game is awesome otherwise....

+1. 100% agreed!

Everything else is nice, but this fix is necessary and a MUST!

#8403 4 years ago

Someone in the google group mentioned the flickering betty light might be on purpose and was introduced in version 1.57 to simulate a faulty advertisement spotlight. So this might be as designed.

Nevertheless the coil inconsistency cannot be on purpose, imho.

#8404 4 years ago

Just upgraded from V1.6, followed instructions on JJP website, game updated successfully, and it told me to remove USB and restart the game. I did that, and now it doesn't boot.

Game shows the JJP logo and 5 or 6 silver balls under it, then main screen just stays blank and phone screen has white on the display and stays like that permanently.

PLEASE HELP - no idea what i can do?

#8405 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Just upgraded from V1.6, followed instructions on JJP website, game updated successfully, and it told me to remove USB and restart the game. I did that, and now it doesn't boot.
Game shows the JJP logo and 5 or 6 silver balls under it, then main screen just stays blank and phone screen has white on the display and stays like that permanently.

I would go for a 1.60 full install and retry the delta to 1.71.

#8406 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

How did you get those specs? Is there a menu item for this report?

utilities/ hardware info

#8407 4 years ago

The lag with the animation can be resolved by removing the Bluetooth dongle. However, I think you’ll get an error when booting that game can’t find the dongle.

#8408 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Someone in the google group mentioned the flickering betty light might be on purpose and was introduced in version 1.57 to simulate a faulty advertisement spotlight. So this might be as designed.
Nevertheless the coil inconsistency cannot be on purpose, imho.

I have 1.57 and mine doesn't flicker?

#8409 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What's your build date? I would like to update, but I'm nervous.

4/2/2018

Quoted from RipleYYY:

whats are your pin hardware specs ?
here're mine :
HARDWARE INFO
Serial 8721449, country 1 (USA), HW id 0, model 1 (Limited Edition), num 0, max 3000
I/O Board: JJP-IO-REV06-063014
Jersey Jack Pinball LED Driver Version 529
Machine: Device: desktop Mobo: MSI model: H81M-P33 (MS-7817) v: 1.0 serial: N/A
BIOS: American Megatrends v: V1.21B1 date: 12/11/2015
CPU: Dual core Intel Celeron G1840 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB
clock speeds: max: 2800 MHz 1: 2799 MHz 2: 2799 MHz
Memory: Used/Total: 121.4/3636.1MB
Device-1: ChannelA-DIMM0 size: 4 GB speed: 1333 MT/s type: DDR3
Drives: HDD Total Size: 60.0GB (10.2% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: Patriot_Blaze size: 60.0GB
IF: enp3s0 ip-v4: N/A ip-v6-link: N/A
HDMI1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 600mm x 330mm
VGA1 connected 1024x768+1920+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
HDMI-1-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VGA-1-1 connected 1024x768+2944+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm x 0mm
from memory the 2nd GPU is a RADEON HD 6450

The only difference is the CPU speeds.

IMG_2916 (resized).JPGIMG_2916 (resized).JPG
#8411 4 years ago

Updated from 1.57 to 1.60 to 1.71 yesterday. Game is playing well. During the "EMP" strike mode I noticed a bit more magnet action which prior to updated seemed to always result in a drain down the middle.

If anyone has an issue creating a 1.60 ISO I recommend trying Rufus.

https://rufus.ie/

#8412 4 years ago

I’m getting the video lag pretty bad on mine on 1.71. Very noticeable, it even happens on the main display.

That said I’m going to leave it. Game is fully playable like this.

#8413 4 years ago

Also the 3.3 GHz processor in my machine (but still at 1.57). Maybe we can nail this down - what processor speed do the people with coil or lag problems have?

#8414 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Also the 3.3 GHz processor in my machine (but still at 1.57). Maybe we can nail this down - what processor speed do the people with coil or lag problems have?

Then I would give it a try with 1.71. If it is the processor, you should be fine and get all the improvements. If you experience the problems, you can easy go back and restore all settings and highscores and we get much more information if or if not the processor is the source of the problems...

Thanks,
Lars

#8415 4 years ago

Slower processor in my machine, coils inconsistent, in rare cases delay in videos, with BT dongle directly in backbox
784F354A-7F6D-4F2F-ADB1-7443276A6162 (resized).jpeg784F354A-7F6D-4F2F-ADB1-7443276A6162 (resized).jpeg

#8416 4 years ago

Celeron 2800 MHz processor in my game. Definitely going to stay on 1.57 until more info is reported.

#8417 4 years ago

not only the speed, but also the PENTIUM vs the CELERON ! may be we have a clue here...

EDIT : not sure as diff is very limited :

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Pentium-G3260-vs-Intel-Celeron-G1840/m31434vs2849

#8418 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Then I would give it a try with 1.71. If it is the processor, you should be fine and get all the improvements. If you experience the problems, you can easy go back and restore all settings and highscores and we get much more information if or if not the processor is the source of the problems...
Thanks,
Lars

+1

tanx in advance for trying it, as this could help without a doubt...

#8419 4 years ago

and i would have tried by myself, but pity my son's collection "old CPU" did not have nothing (better) to put on that MOBO socket... :/

WP_20190726_17_48_38_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190726_17_48_38_Pro (resized).jpg

lol

#8420 4 years ago

2.8 Celeron here . However, removing the BT dongle ( thanks Lermods! ) seems to have almost completely fixed my lag issue. I think there may be just a little bit of lag still at times but it doesn't stand out like it did prior to removing the dongle. I do feel a little bit annoyed that there are DI's out there with a faster cpu though . The main screen also seems to be displaying smoothly now too. Is it actually possible to replace the cpu with a faster one or is it a different socket/bios issues etc? anyone ever tried it on a jjp machine?

A ' disable bluetooth Dongle ' option in the menu would be nice now to get rid of the annoying boot error with it removed, no one actually uses it anyway!

#8421 4 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Slower processor in my machine, coils inconsistent, in rare cases delay in videos, with BT dongle directly in backbox
[quoted image]

I'm seeing the video lag and inconsistent coils as well. My D.I.L.E. is older than yours, serial Number: 8721282.
I too wonder if the motherboard socket is the right configuration to just swap the CPU, and how much the faster CPU costs.
Even better- would JJP be willing to swap them for us early buyers?

#8422 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I'm seeing the video lag and inconsistent coils as well. My D.I.L.E. is older than yours, serial Number: 8721282.
I too wonder if the motherboard socket is the right configuration to just swap the CPU, and how much the faster CPU costs.
Even better- would JJP be willing to swap them for us early buyers?

A first look showed the cpu is no longer available. Only used at ebay. Price below 100 bucks.

The board should be able to handle it, no idea about the fan etc.

Cheers
Lars

#8423 4 years ago

No issues with mine. No real delay to complain about. Kickout coils regular enough. I do have a later build date. On the new update, the attract mode now scares the beejesus out of me when I walk by it with the volume turned up.

#8424 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

No issues with mine. No real delay to complain about. Kickout coils regular enough. I do have a later build date. On the new update, the attract mode now scares the beejesus out of me when I walk by it with the volume turned up.

would you be so kind and have a look in the hardware info in the menu and check the cpu type?

Thank you very much,
lars

#8425 4 years ago

Before this ends up being a real issue, I'd like to know from JJP whether future software updates will always be tuned to accommodate both older and newer CPU/motherboard combinations. Now it looks like version 1.60 and up are great for the owners of the newer machines, but maybe less great for the owners of the older machines. Are the older machines at the limit of their technical capabilities?

#8426 4 years ago

One thing I don't really like about the new update is when a mode starts there's a pause after the phone clip plays before the ball is kicked into play. It's not a huge pause but I don't think there was a problem here before, the ball was kicked back into play immediately the voice clip finished. There seems to be a few other times it holds onto the ball just a little bit too long too, I haven't made a note of exactly when but I'm finding myself frequently thinking ' what are you waiting for? give me the ball back! '. Seems to be the opposite of polish to me.

Anyone else notice this?

Not to dwell too much on the negatives though, I'm really enjoying the new code. The Chaos light show is no longer seizure inducing. The new name entry tune is nice. Quantumn and Chaos play much better now. I notice there's a line on the news feed about chocolate bars being found with golden wrappers or something

#8427 4 years ago

I also have the LCD/sound sync issue with the new update. It's disappointing. Not sure if I'm going to downgrade yet.

I have the Celeron processor, and have also tried playing without the Bluetooth dongle installed. The sync issue is still there.

#8428 4 years ago

They should never have upgraded the cpu mid production. That is just asking for inconsistent software performance. The only good solution would have been to upgrade the older machines. Bad, bad move JJP. To me, it feels like the company is ignoring problems because there are quite a few with each of their games and the fixes will be expensive. Love the company and my DI (1.57), but I’m pretty pissed that I have been punished with weak hardware because I ordered fresh out of the gate. Never again. Next time I’ll wait at least a year.

#8429 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They should never have upgraded the cpu mid production. That is just asking for inconsistent software performance. The only good solution would have been to upgrade the older machines. Bad, bad move JJP. To me, it feels like the company is ignoring problems because there are quite a few with each of their games and the fixes will be expensive. Love the company and my DI (1.57), but I’m pretty pissed that I have been punished with weak hardware because I ordered fresh out of the gate. Never again. Next time I’ll wait at least a year.

You never know what happened, though. They probably order parts in bulk, and during their purchase in the final stages of building DI they realized they could buy the upgraded CPU for the same price.... or maybe Intel ran out of the other CPU and gave them the upgraded 3.3Ghz ones, etc.

You shouldn't hate JJP for this. If they had installed all 2.8Ghz processors in their machines, you'd be happier?

#8430 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

I have the same problem now....

#8431 4 years ago

Ugh. I have the 2.8 Celeron processor. I guess I'll wait to update until this can be verified as the problem or the software gets fixed.

#8432 4 years ago

Here is a link to the mobo compatible processors. I have an i5 coming for $119 to replace. Just Make sure it’s on the compatibility list.

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-P33#support-cpu

#8433 4 years ago

Sorry i'm late to the party. So are we not suppose to load the latest code?

#8434 4 years ago

And double check that it is an LGA1150 socket cpu. They have more options cheaper as well. And you may have to reinstall and connect a keyboard when changing cpu configuration. I changed the ram out and had to do it.

#8435 4 years ago

I have a 2.8 Celeron processor as well. I checked my Hobbit and it also has a 2.8 Celeron processor. So … If JJP offered up a decently priced replacement motherboard upgrade to fix it, maybe I could use the old one as a spare for Hobbit (if they are indeed compatible). I may look further into that if the CPU upgrade turns out to be the solution.

#8436 4 years ago

No need to replace the mobo, just swap cpu and thermal paste. Much easier than swapping the board and cheaper. The board is just an MSI H81M-P33.

#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a 2.8 Celeron processor as well. I checked my Hobbit and it also has a 2.8 Celeron processor. So … If JJP offered up a decently priced replacement motherboard upgrade to fix it, maybe I could use the old one as a spare for Hobbit (if they are indeed compatible). I may look further into that if the CPU upgrade turns out to be the solution.

Unfortunately that's not going to fix the neutered drones.

Rob

#8438 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

By the way - does somebody have a link to the official 1.57 full install (or full install + delta) just to have a backup in my archive.

http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

http://128.199.38.78/di/di_update_157.zip

#8440 4 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

I have the same problem now....

Got fast response with instructions from JJP to completely re-install 1.60 and start over again. http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#8441 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Here is a link to the mobo compatible processors. I have an i5 coming for $119 to replace. Just Make sure it’s on the compatibility list.
https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/H81M-P33#support-cpu

Keep us updated on the switch. If you took pics or filmed some of it, that would be great.

#8442 4 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

Got fast response with instructions from JJP to completely re-install 1.60 and start over again. http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

Let us know if it works

#8443 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

No need to replace the mobo, just swap cpu and thermal paste. Much easier than swapping the board and cheaper. The board is just an MSI H81M-P33.

You may potentially encounter an issue with a cpu swap that you need to work around.

If you think about the system requirements and steps you'd take if you were doing this for a normal pc you'll understand why.

I just happened to coincidentally have a compatible cpu sitting here.

And i don't think the cpu is the issue as the difference between the two listed is fairly small.

2D605208-1D36-4166-B357-309DD399E247 (resized).jpeg2D605208-1D36-4166-B357-309DD399E247 (resized).jpeg

hint : have you tried getting into the mobo bios on a jersey jack machine yet?

#8444 4 years ago

This whole thing is a disappointing bummer. Was really looking forward to the update but for 1.71 not to address the sync and coil issues on all machine variants is disappointing. Pretty bad the hardware is different.

#8445 4 years ago

Would be interesting what pc motherboard and processor do machines built in 2019 have.

#8446 4 years ago

NO DI machines built after 2018 so far

#8447 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

This whole thing is a disappointing bummer. Was really looking forward to the update but for 1.71 not to address the sync and coil issues on all machine variants is disappointing. Pretty bad the hardware is different.

Couldn't agree more. For me, 1.71 seems to have improved the random coil strength problem slightly, but it's still an issue, and the video syncs are _absolutely_ worse.

I'm running a 2.8, so I may wind up calling JJP to see what my options are.

#8448 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

You may potentially encounter an issue with a cpu swap that you need to work around.
If you think about the system requirements and steps you'd take if you were doing this for a normal pc you'll understand why.
I just happened to coincidentally have a compatible cpu sitting here.
And i don't think the cpu is the issue as the difference between the two listed is fairly small.
[quoted image]
hint : have you tried getting into the mobo bios on a jersey jack machine yet?

As a test I installed the software on an old i3 dell laptop. Have to use the dongle from the backbox to make it work. And the bios work around isn’t a problem.

#8449 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

NO DI machines built after 2018 so far

I was told when I bought mine that I had one of the last ones to be built, which was early 2018.

#8450 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was told when I bought mine that I had one of the last ones to be built, which was early 2018.

Mine was built in April 2018 with the 3.3. I was waiting to see how things go before updating. For me JJP replaced all three of my drones and asked me to go to 1.6 as a condition. Currently running 1.61 but other than the drones not working as much, everything else is fine. Actually the Betty light is slightly flickering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/169?hl=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.