IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 273.
#8301 4 years ago

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream. It is pretty much the same game minus a few things (progress towards quantum theater multiball is shown, "now you're dialed in" plays if you fast forward the multiball into, and emoji mode has more points?) That's all I saw.

#8302 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream

well, will talk in my name, there's a lot of really nice new small things, more polishing than big changes of course, as code was already more than complete
btw, all has not be seen in the stream (well, i've only just rewatched the 1st half show after my nighshift)

CHAOS is much better now, not only for the SUPER (scored more than you Kevin, near 600.000 pts ! lol) which made this mode a real plus to reach/play
but (for me, an old man with not so good eyes as before) mostly for the reduced "epileptic" lightshow : first, it was really hard to see balls on the PF, i was blinded, now its playable and just perfect

"JJPLive:have you noticed the TZ shout out on the big kick rule in the theater?" ... its impossible to see it in the stream Joe

bravo & tanx to you & Ted

#8303 4 years ago

Looks like 1.70 is a delta that can go on top of 1.60 full install

#8304 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I didn't see much that blew me away on this stream. It is pretty much the same game minus a few things (progress towards quantum theater multiball is shown, "now you're dialed in" plays if you fast forward the multiball into, and emoji mode has more points?) That's all I saw.

Yeah, more polish than new stuff. That's okay because the game is great as-is.

I wish they would do more with the phone app. It is really just a proof of concept as it stands. I had seen some really fun ideas for it, like integrating it with multiplayer games and allowing the person not playing to earn awards to mess with the person who is playing. Feels like a missed opportunity here. I tried to ask them about it in chat last night, but they either didn't see my question or chose to ignore it. My guess is they don't want to have to legacy support the app, and so they just aren't acknowledging it now.

#8305 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Looks like 1.70 is a delta that can go on top of 1.60 full install

it is (over 1.60 or 1.61)

Quoted from brucipher:

...I wish they would do more with the phone app...

i was personaly thinking of a video mode
i have an idea i will submit in private
but already, i'm quite sure the team behind DI have talked about that, and if its not in the pin right now, its because they have decided its not a good idea...

#8306 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Same - in fact I replayed the new light show emoji a couple of times which was a bad sign since I couldn't really tell. As others said, the code is very good as is so not sure what I was expecting but updates were very hard to tell.

#8307 4 years ago

The video is now up on YouTube for those who were asking for it:

#8308 4 years ago

Beautiful work as always, Kevin, thank you

#8309 4 years ago

Beautiful work as always, Kevin, thank you

Much thanks, friend!

#8310 4 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Much thanks, friend!

... but almost, you could have played better !!!

(take this as belgian humor )

#8311 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's likely going to be subtle changes and polish from here on out as all modes are now in the game. Thats still good though as it makes modes more engaging, balanced, and less buggy.

I wouldn't mind another city block of unique disaster modes being added I can dream.

#8312 4 years ago

I had the previously mentioned coil inconsistency issues as well as video slowdown on 1.61 and in beta testing 1.70, I have yet to see either be a problem...the changes, while subtle (outside of competition mode and Chaos), I think are nice polish to an already fantastic game. Appreciate the continued support for the game!

#8313 4 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I had the previously mentioned coil inconsistency issues as well as video slowdown on 1.61 and in beta testing 1.70, I have yet to see either be a problem...the changes, while subtle, I think are nice polish to an already fantastic game. Appreciate the continued support for the game!

also beta-tester...
but different as you, still got the video/sound not being sync (acid rain being the most)
and to be honest, not sure about the coils power (edit : finally i can say not perfect, i do see some diff with ejected balls from the phone)

#8314 4 years ago

It's nice that they are taking care of the bugs and adding some polish, the latter of which wasn't needed but is very much appreciated. I do confess to feeling a bit disappointed that they didn't implement the rotating BOB targets.

#8315 4 years ago

Any word on when 1.70 will be available to download?

#8316 4 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Any word on when 1.70 will be available to download?

Very soon.

LTG : )

#8317 4 years ago

Awesome to see an update. Also bummed about the rotating bobs as it would fix the only flaw in the game.

#8318 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

also beta-tester...
but different as you, still got the video/sound not being sync (acid rain being the most)
and to be honest, not sure about the coils power (edit : finally i can say not perfect, i do see some diff with ejected balls from the phone)

Ahhh... the random coils power... I hate this behaviour in versions > 1.57! I hoped this would be fixed first, as it is really disgusting imho. The phone kick-out and the theatre magnet are most obvious...

I still hope they get it fixed for the final 1.7 or at least continue working on it for a next update. It was no problem before, so it should be fixable, right?

Anybody from JJP here to comment this? Is this a reproducible problem you are working on?

Thank you very much,
Lars

#8319 4 years ago

again, i think i can reply on this without breaking some "secrets"

infos i get from the coders team, they are still working on sound/video desync (...), that should mean another update (!?), and going further in the supposition, may be the coils power will be include too...

and to reply to some others, about the BOB targets not "cycling" (which i was also hopping to have), i get an explanation on this, but here i let Joe/Ted talk if they want

#8320 4 years ago

I hope such a big update will be a full install and not only delta. I‘m still on 1.57 and don’t want to update three times just to get 1.70…

#8321 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I hope such a big update will be a full install and not only delta. I‘m still on 1.57 and don’t want to update three times just to get 1.70…

You would update twice. Full install to 1.60 then do the 1.70 delta on top of that.

#8322 4 years ago

Does anyone know how to make the phone voice call outs louder?

#8323 4 years ago

It will be a delta on top of 1.60 and officially it’s 1.71 going up soon.

#8325 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

again, i think i can reply on this without breaking some "secrets"
infos i get from the coders team, they are still working on sound/video desync (...), that should mean another update (!?), and going further in the supposition, may be the coils power will be include too...
and to reply to some others, about the BOB targets not "cycling" (which i was also hopping to have), i get an explanation on this, but here i let Joe/Ted talk if they want

Thanks RipleYYY! Any improvement to a reliable coil power is highly appreciated. But I would also wait a few more days to get a version with a perfect fix. It was perfect before, so it should be possible to find the change that introduced the randomness... Nevertheless, I do develop sw by myself and know how tricky this can be, especially as I know other DI! machines that do not show the random power... It would be great to get some information in the end, what caused the problems and how it was fixed...

Thanks,
Lars

#8326 4 years ago

(if you know it) some changes from 1.70 ?

edit : should be, as from 25 to 106 megas !!!

edit 2 : well not, as there is the PDF manual in the 1.71...

#8327 4 years ago

Does a delta update over 1.61 keep all the previous high scores?

#8328 4 years ago

Let's assume I wanna save my high scores... how easy would that be? I've never done that.

#8329 4 years ago

for what i remember you may save your settings (and your hiscores ?) before upgrading... give an eye on the JJP site

#8330 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Let's assume I wanna save my high scores... how easy would that be? I've never done that.

A delta update from 1.60/1.61 should save your high scores

#8331 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

A delta update from 1.60/1.61 should save your high scores

I still have 1.57, so I'm doing a full install from 1.57 to 1.60 first.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

for what i remember you may save your settings (and your hiscores ?) before upgrading... give an eye on the JJP site

OK I'll do that, thanks.

#8332 4 years ago

Just backup your settings and reinstall. Pretty easy, instructions on JJP site and in manual. I did it going from 1.57 to 1.6 and no issues at all.

#8333 4 years ago

Lloyd, Would you mind posting the answers for all on update methods, order, as well as a link with instructions?
One post might again, solve many questions coming....
THANKS!

#8334 4 years ago

nevermind. . I see it is mentioned it is available above.

Can’t wait to install.

#8335 4 years ago

Thank you check_switch_26 and JJP!!! Looking forward to seeing what's new on this code! As others have said, DI already seemed pretty complete on current code so thanks for going above and beyond for us owners!

#8336 4 years ago

It will be a delta on top of 1.60 and officially it’s 1.71 going up soon.

I thought update must be applied to 1.6.1?

#8337 4 years ago

installed the update without any issues. Seems to be working as expected and during my first run the coil power seems at least to be much more reliable and steady. Also the theatre magnet, even if I need to adjust the delay a little ...

Thanks JJP for this update!

#8338 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I thought update must be applied to 1.6.1?

It can go on top of either 1.60 or 1.61

#8339 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Lloyd, Would you mind posting the answers for all on update methods, order, as well as a link with instructions?
One post might again, solve many questions coming....
THANKS!

Jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - there you can download updates and change logs and manuals. Instructions are also there on each game for Full Install of Delta updates.

Delta - on a pc I download the update and stick on my desk top. It looks like a zipped file. I put a USB memory stick ( 8GB, or 16GB ) into my tower. Format it - windows 10 default is Fat32 and nothing else on it. I left click on the zipped file once, right click. Select extract and extract it to the memory stick. Go over to the game that is turned on. Plug the USB stick into the USB cord by left side of cash box. Go to Utilities - USB Update - do what the screen says. Then screen says Update In Progress. When done screen Says Update Complete Unplug USB Stick and Reboot the game. Unplug the USB stick, turn game off. Wait 10 seconds. Turn game back on. When fully booted, you can hit the Enter button once and check the lower right corner of the screen to see what version is in there.

Full Install - Depending on your internet speed and computer this may take some time. It has huge files. On a pc I download the Full Install Update - when done I stick it on my desk top. I then open Unetbootin ( if you need this, you can download from the JJP website where the downloads are ) use that program to load the update onto a USB stick Formatted Fat32 with nothing else on it, 8GB or 16GB. This takes some time, it may look stuck on a file number, it is grinding away. When done I take the USB stick to the game. Turn game off. Plug the USB stick into the USB cable by the cashbox. Turn the game on. Let it do it's thing. Might take 10 to 20 minutes. The screen will say when Update Complete. Remove the USB stick, turn the game off. Wait ten seconds. Turn the game on. When fully booted you can hit the Enter button once and look at the lower right corner of the screen to see what version is in your game.

Full instructions with pictures to help guide you are on each download page at the JJP website under Support - Downloads - pick your game you want.

I always back up my settings. Just in case. Some of the Deltas and newer Full Installs may save them. But why take a chance.

To back up my settings. I take my USB stick formatted to Fat32 with nothing else on it. Turn the game on, when fully booted plug the USB stick into the USB cable
by the cash box. Go to Utilities - Settings Back Up - do what the screen says. When done remove the USB stick. Save it. After the update is finished. Game has been rebooted and fully on. Plug my USB stick with my settings into the USB cable by the cash box. Go to Utilities - Settings Back Up and pick Restore Settings and do what the screen says. When done unplug the USB stick. And play the game and live happily ever after.

#8340 4 years ago

OK so I'm having an issue downloading the v1.60 from the JJP website (which I need to install since I'm still on 1.57)

It downloads slowly to the 3.3 gigs, and just before it completes the download, it stops and says "Cancelled". It's done that 4 times in a row now, probably going on 5.

Does anyone have the 1.60 that I can grab? I don't know how we'd be able to make the transfer... google drive maybe? I dunno, I don't have an idea of what I could possibly be doing wrong and how to correct it...

#8341 4 years ago

Try later ( maybe a lot of people are downloading ? ) Try a different memory stick ?

#8342 4 years ago

Try the other mirror - eu or us whichever you’re not using

#8343 4 years ago

OK...... 5th time was the charm for some reason. Thanks guys.

#8344 4 years ago

All updated.

Played a few games... how does JJP keep making great games even better? I forgot to backup everything so the settings all reverted to whatever was uploaded in my 1.60 & 1.71 updates.

The coils are all PERFECT strength. Everything seems even smoother. I watched the stream by Buffalo Pinball but there are even more images and nuances that I didn't catch until I played it. End of the ball drain, which took forever, is so nice now. The lighting effects aren't too crazy anymore.

The only way this game could get any better is if it started printing its own money. Well done, staff!

#8345 4 years ago

I’ve been having a lot of balls jump the left return guide when it’s coming back to the inlane — Is there a suggested fix to keep the balls from jumping out of the wireform?

#8346 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I’ve been having a lot of balls jump the left return guide when it’s coming back to the inlane — Is there a suggested fix to keep the balls from jumping out of the wireform?

JJP has a cover you can get to prevent that from happening. Submit a support ticket and you should get the hook up.

#8347 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Is there a suggested fix to keep the balls from jumping out of the wireform?

They made a plastic guard that fits over the end of the wireform.

Open a ticket or call to get one. Have your serial number ready.

#8348 4 years ago

Unfortunately the coils strength are still random at my place. The first run after the update to 1.71 everything looked great. Coils were reliable and strong all the time. After turning the machine off and a few hours later on again, the coils and magnets do the random stuff again. Theatre magnet not throwing the ball up when expected and especially the phone scoop kick out is sometimes weak again.

Does anybody know if the coders are still working on this issue? This is really a pitty, it is very constant power with older code versions and even 80s and 90s games were able to kick out balls of scoops in a predictable way... This is the only thing I do not like right now, it is the weak spot of this great pinball...

Thanks,
Lars

#8349 4 years ago

Sounds like I will stay on 1.57 for the time being until there are solid reports on the new updates.

#8350 4 years ago

I would recommend to do the upgrade. It's fantastic. You can always downgrade if disappointed (which is unlikely).
Nice improvements. I still notice some out-of-syncs on the phone, but for me, these do not really impact the game quality.
My main complaint is: all my drones are dead, and that does impact game quality. It was a fun effect when they worked during the first few months, but now it's a non-functional section of my machine. This is not related to software version but to component quality. I don't know what to expect, as my support ticket is still unanswered

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/167?hl=insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.