IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 273.
#8201 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

What does/purpose of the bluetooth doggle have in the game? Mine stopped working.

It's to connect your phone to it and use your phone for the flippers. Mine has never quite worked right and even when it does there is a flipper delay. It's one of those throw in features that just isn't worth the trouble honestly.

#8202 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

What does/purpose of the bluetooth doggle have in the game? Mine stopped working.

Just curious, but how do you know it stopped working if you don't know what it is for?

Mine always worked fine. It is kind of a cool feature, but not really the way I prefer to play.

#8203 4 years ago

Your bluetooth shows up on the test report at startup for game diagnostics. That is how I know it is not working.

#8204 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Your bluetooth shows up on the test report at startup for game diagnostics. That is how I know it is not working.

Try unplugging it and plug back in. Or try plugging it into a different USB port on the motherboard. Or leave it out.

LTG : )

#8205 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

Ah, got it.

#8206 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just curious, but how do you know it stopped working if you don't know what it is for?
Mine always worked fine. It is kind of a cool feature, but not really the way I prefer to play.

Not preferred but I’ve played with my wife that way to even the playing field (so to speak). Problem is you have the Big Bang button right there on the phone - big advantage if lit

#8207 4 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of the line filter for the sound and how it is installed? It's 1/8 stereo jack ground loop isolator according to the JJP site.

Rob

#8208 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone have a picture of the line filter for the sound and how it is installed?

You want to install something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

OnTheSnap wrote about it earlier:

"Just pop open the back cabinet, and you will see the 3.5mm cable for audio plugged into the main computer behind the screen. Plug it in and secure with some zip ties. Problem solved"

#8209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Does anyone have a picture of the line filter for the sound and how it is installed? It's 1/8 stereo jack ground loop isolator according to the JJP site.
Rob

Check out post 5805 for a picture and directions.

#8210 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Check out post 5805 for a picture and directions.

I could only find one type of isolator locally and it's really meant for cars, but it's the same thing. I just needed to adapt the RCA stereo to 3.5mm. A little ghetto perhaps, but it still works like a treat - no more annoying background noise!

I'll maybe order something better, but until that comes this will work fine. I'll just clean up the wires and put the glass back on for now.

Rob

20190716_150555 (resized).jpg20190716_150555 (resized).jpg
#8211 4 years ago

JJP should be sending you an isolator! I had the same noise and that is not acceptable. JJP sent me one. You should do the same because again, that is not acceptable to have that noise.

#8212 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Not preferred but I’ve played with my wife that way to even the playing field (so to speak). Problem is you have the Big Bang button right there on the phone - big advantage if lit

True, but it is so hard to be accurate with your shots without having your hands on the physical buttons that it almost justifies the Big Bang button.

#8213 4 years ago
Quoted from PjM:

JJP should be sending you an isolator! I had the same noise and that is not acceptable. JJP sent me one. You should do the same because again, that is not acceptable to have that noise.

To be honest, I don't know how the machines went out like this because the noise is pretty bad. I'm not the original owner and the game is 1.5 years old now so I just went and spent $20 locally. I decided to test the audio channels after install and find left and right are switched even though everything is wired correctly. So I just swapped the RCA connectors on one end and it's now correct.

(If I was original owner, I would have asked). Install completed.

Rob
20190716_171021 (resized).jpg20190716_171021 (resized).jpg

#8214 4 years ago

I just bought mine NIB 2 weeks ago and made that noise out of the box. I expressed my concern! That noise would have been a deal breaker - was terrible. Was not going to pay $9K for that!

#8215 4 years ago

I just got the game and was wondering what the best code is to update to? It came with 1.57 already and a friend mentioned that the latest code has some issues. Thank you

#8216 4 years ago

I went to 1.60 right away. I do not notice anything but I did not have the previous version to compare it against.

#8217 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I just got the game and was wondering what the best code is to update to? It came with 1.57 already and a friend mentioned that the latest code has some issues. Thank you

Just wait. Some people have had issues with the new code, others have not. 1.57 has all the rules so there is no need to rush to update. Wait until the next release which hopefully will remove any bugs.

#8218 4 years ago

You can go into the menu and put the game back to original settings! or do you have to have it on the USB to do that?

#8219 4 years ago

Besides bug fixes I really would like to see more gimmicks and hidden features. Funny moments now and then would make the experience even more humorous - like on the good old B/W machines.

#8220 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Drop an 8/32nds locknut in there will do it.

I'm going to give this a shot. I want through four trap doors in one year. I got so tired of replacing them ,that I just shut the trap door mechanism off.

#8221 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I'm going to give this a shot. I want through four trap doors in one year. I got so tired of replacing them ,that I just shut the trap door mechanism off.

It'll work, do it. I did.

I didn't think I was missing much without a trap door, but really it changes the game. So much more fun.

#8222 4 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

It'll work, do it. I did.
I didn't think I was missing much without a trap door, but really it changes the game. So much more fun.

Thanks,I'll pick up a 8/32 lock nut at Home Depot tomorrow. It's been so long since I've fooled with the trap door,do I need to take anything apart to drop the lock nut and into the sleeve. I'm sure I'll know the answer when I lift the play field,but I was just wondering.

#8223 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

do I need to take anything apart to drop the lock nut and into the sleeve.

Of course. That coil isn't hanging there in thin air.

#8224 4 years ago

OK. I'm having trouble picturing out the "drop a 8/32 lock nut into the sleeve". Can someone please show a picture or a sketch of this? Sorry but sometimes I can be a little slow . . .
Thanks!

#8225 4 years ago

Just got this game and haven’t really been able to play yet. Issue after issue. My switch 13 (theater entrance) is open now that I need to try and fix later today.

#8226 4 years ago
Quoted from splitcms:

Just got this game and haven’t really been able to play yet. Issue after issue. My switch 13 (theater entrance) is open now that I need to try and fix later today.

Just had this happen to me a few weeks ago for the first time. In my case the opto had just come unglued. A dab of hot glue and I was back in business.

#8227 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Of course. That coil isn't hanging there in thin air.

Thanks for the kind reply to a dumb question.

#8228 4 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

OK. I'm having trouble picturing out the "drop a 8/32 lock nut into the sleeve". Can someone please show a picture or a sketch of this?

Two pictures. Hope you can figure out the drop a nut in and where it should land.

nutdrop (resized).JPGnutdrop (resized).JPGnutdrop1 (resized).JPGnutdrop1 (resized).JPG
#8229 4 years ago

Easy enough.
Thanks Lloyd!

#8230 4 years ago

What is the flipper angle set to on your game? I found Bob to be a 'harder than it should be' shot off the tip of the flipper with a bit less power than desirable. Nothing is worn or binding on the flipper itself, I think it's just the angle of the bat. Here is a picture of mine with the right lowered a slight amount for testing purposes. Judging by videos I have watched on youtube, the left flipper seems a little high. That's the one I have not adjusted yet.

Rob

20190719_001653 (resized).jpg20190719_001653 (resized).jpg
#8231 4 years ago

So I got impatient and set the left flipper a bit lower to match the right. I also adjusted the flipper EOS so they close just as the flipper reaches maximum stroke. Before, shots to the left ramp and Bob always felt weak. Now there's plenty of strength in these shots. So it would appear that EOS switch adjustment is pretty critical to having good flipper strength on this game. And correct flipper angle is important too of course!

Rob

20190719_005951 (resized).jpg20190719_005951 (resized).jpg
#8232 4 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the Flap Gate Assembly (the one in the bumper area)? Sometimes the ball is stuck there as in the fully opened position it‘s still not high enough (I have to wait for a ball search to free it as nudging doesn’t free it). I think it’s exactly the hight the playfield protector takes. I tried to bend it a very little upwards but this doesn’t seem to help much.

I think next time when it happens I‘ll take a photo as it looks somewhat funny.

#8233 4 years ago

Game working yesterday, booting issue. Any help appreciated.

4B7FCD2D-ED68-4774-BBD4-AC74C7A89AA3 (resized).jpeg4B7FCD2D-ED68-4774-BBD4-AC74C7A89AA3 (resized).jpeg
#8234 4 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Any help appreciated.

If you turn the game off. Turn back on, and same thing. I'd try putting a full install in, start over.

#8235 4 years ago

The operating system is throwing I/O errors because it has having a hard time reading / writing to sections of the drive. I would try as LTG suggested and do a full reinstall, but if the drive is failing, you will need a replacement.

#8236 4 years ago
3C69A3B2-DF83-4C90-B108-B68106829F3E (resized).jpeg3C69A3B2-DF83-4C90-B108-B68106829F3E (resized).jpeg
#8238 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

The operating system is throwing I/O errors because it has having a hard time reading / writing to sections of the drive. I would try as LTG suggested and do a full reinstall, but if the drive is failing, you will need a replacement.

What if the hard drive fails and must be replaced? Only put in a new ssd and install the code from the jjp website?

#8239 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you turn the game off. Turn back on, and same thing. I'd try putting a full install in, start over.

It worked. You are the man!

#8240 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

What if the hard drive fails and must be replaced? Only put in a new ssd and install the code from the jjp website?

Yes to both.

#8241 4 years ago

Boom new code... cant wait.. love jjp and di

#8242 4 years ago

Woohoo
Can’t wait to see what’s in it!
JJP rocks

#8243 4 years ago
Quoted from GrimDog:

[quoted image]

Awesome news! Can't wait, great to hear that Dialed In is getting another code update

#8244 4 years ago

Finally, I game I didn’t sell gets some new code. Must be some interesting stuff to make it stream-worthy. Still rocking 1.57, feels perfect as-is but right on!

#8245 4 years ago

If I'm running 1.57, what will I need to do to go directly to 1.70?

Thanks in advance.

#8246 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

what will I need to do to go directly to 1.70?

Too early to tell, it isn't up yet. Could be a full install, could be a delta.

You have to do a full install of 1.60, and then a delta of 1.61 to be up to date.

#8247 4 years ago

I don't think the ball should be stopped for the spinner shot since that's not what spinners do.

This shaker is extremely anemic to the point I barely notice it's there. Is there a way to make it stronger?

Rob

#8248 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Is there a way to make it stronger?

Settings - Coils - General - Maximum Shaker Strength

#8249 4 years ago

Anyone else ever get the "participation award"? I had a ball where I hit nothing, no ball save and saw on screen that I was awarded 800 points as a participation award lol! Nice touch.

#8250 4 years ago

Wonka has the same thing but it’s off by default. If you set wonka to allow zero bonus you get cute clips instead of the default minimum one wonka bar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/165?hl=splitcms and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.