Topic Stats

• 8,206 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 160 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 998 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190715_003539 (resized).jpg
01F63D45-5824-4758-988A-32E640A46B0C (resized).jpeg
IMG_0658 (resized).JPG
4B25F3DB-DCF4-416C-A3F7-C61682F099D8 (resized).jpeg
18E04203-D9C9-4943-BB6B-8057CFFA4EDB (resized).jpeg
C11A8E67-357E-44E7-8DE4-B907CA3D5AAD (resized).jpeg
3464F541-1AE7-4EBB-80B9-EB2E2BF557FF (resized).jpeg
Annotation 2019-06-28 215023 (resized).png
F2822885-6392-4163-BF1F-4F8CBDEFBF1D (resized).jpeg
F574CE82-11BA-47AF-AD9B-5EC6BA0C1F6E (resized).jpeg
6CED5E39-30F1-44D3-9970-3A8EB3A6F5B9 (resized).jpeg
Trap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpg
CEC7206C-4D3B-4662-A8B9-284D5F379EA2 (resized).jpeg
DIBackbox (resized).JPG
16178BC6-CE18-41EA-831A-A5A65AE7366A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8206 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 165.
#8151 5 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

then you were a victim of battery and should report it to the police. Were you also cutting the hole larger to make putting easier?

No need to cut the hole any bigger. If my first putt gets within three feet of the hole,it counts as being made. If I'm not within three feet, the next putt is considered a gimme.

#8152 4 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Baseless?…please. My profile history & posts speak for themselves. Unlike you, who don't even list where you live. No machines, etc.
You love to bully people on a handful of issues that you police. In this instance, making games "easy" by changing the sling settings. As Nokoro said (and as you should know), games play differently based on locale. It's entirely possible that his slings are stronger than your slings despite his tweaking the settings.

Look who's being a bully, telling me you're somehow better than me because you like to tell people what you own, as if a list on here makes it real. Stop being a bully. Supposedly its not allowed here, but since you were willing to pay them to verify its OK. Not my style. Here I'll put a list of games I own, will that make you happy? Look I even put in a location. Now will you stop bullying me. I just can't take it anymore and the mods don't seem to care that you are making me suicidal with all this torment.

#8153 4 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I literally said playing should be fun, do you have no comprehension skills? Go harass someone else .

You treated people like crap and suddenly YOU'RE being harassed? Poor baby.

#8154 4 days ago

I thought this was the Dialed In club page? I've not seen anything Dialed In for several posts now.... can we get back on topic?

#8155 4 days ago

Please rename the thread to "Marvin is right and everyone else is just a bully fan club"

#8156 4 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Look who's being a bully, telling me you're somehow better than me because you like to tell people what you own, as if a list on here makes it real. Stop being a bully. Supposedly its not allowed here, but since you were willing to pay them to verify its OK. Not my style. Here I'll put a list of games I own, will that make you happy? Look I even put in a location. Now will you stop bullying me. I just can't take it anymore and the mods don't seem to care that you are making me suicidal with all this torment.

Don't let it get to you ,take a break from the forum for a little while. It's not worth getting yourself so worked up to the point where it's causing you so much distress.

#8157 4 days ago

So... about the on topic stuff...

#8158 4 days ago

I wonder what's the status of the many loose ends as reported in this thread - how about a solution for the issue with the drones being unreliable (not one of my drones is working anymore) - and my ticket to JJP submitted months ago is still unanswered, how about the long awaited software update? Any news guys? Some status update from JJP would be appreciated by many, I suppose.

#8159 4 days ago

from direct mails i've exchanged with Ted E. few ago, Joe K. & him are working on a new code

but i can't say more than that, i'm just a pinside member (& DI player)

#8160 4 days ago

So am I, and I really enjoy playing the DI. It's already great but probably some enhancements as mentioned in the thread would further improve the playability - happy that there seems to be action ongoing at JJP. Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I would also appreciate some enhancements in the music - a bit more variation, a few more score tunes, etc.

#8161 4 days ago

I got a NIB LE DI and the camera does not work. Called JJP and sent new camera out, but still does not work. Test shows camera not initialized. Headphone jack does not work either. Sent that part also, but still does not work. Anyone have either of these issues? Thanks.

#8162 4 days ago

Check the headphone harness at the motherboard end. Remove metal cover, headphone harness plugs into bottom right corner of board.

#8163 4 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

Test shows camera not initialized.

Is it turned on in settings ?

LTG : )

#8164 4 days ago

If there is going to be another code drop would love to see a Easter egg after completing the whirlwind combo where the character would say "well looky there!" And also a little more polish on the Showdown mode, don't want to post any spoilers.

I get a kick when she says "it's all safe return to your home!" And on the Earthquake mode "Bitchin" Any other little Easter egg quotes people have heard? This game is so much fun!!!! I can't get enough. Such a well designed game, great job By the JJP Dialed In team, top notch with the whole package, art,sound, rules, Playfield design!

#8165 4 days ago

camera is on in settings! test report shows no camera found! Headphone suggestion I will do tomorrow.

#8166 3 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

camera is on in settings! test report shows no camera found! Headphone suggestion I will do tomorrow.

Follow the line from the camera to the computer. I'm not sure how it's connected, but follow the cord. Sounds like you have a bad connection.

#8167 3 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

I got a NIB LE DI and the camera does not work. Called JJP and sent new camera out, but still does not work. Test shows camera not initialized. Headphone jack does not work either. Sent that part also, but still does not work. Anyone have either of these issues? Thanks.

I had to reverse the connectors on my phone jack to get my head phones to work, when I first got my machine.

#8168 3 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I had to reverse the connectors on my phone jack to get my head phones to work, when I first got my machine.

What do you mean by reverse! The plugs go in only one way, no!

#8169 3 days ago

Turn the connector around 180 degrees

#8170 3 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

What do you mean by reverse! The plugs go in only one way, no!

Check out post 5557. Im sorry I should have said rotate the connector 180 degrees,not switch them around. I should never trust my memory.

#8171 3 days ago

NIB as of 7/5/19 and have some questions/issues with coil strength. I am on code 1.61 and the slingshots are extremely weak no matter what I set them at, the flippers feel "different" and not snappy, and the trough struggles to kick out a ball unless I turn it all the way up. The kickback and the scoops all feel weak as well and don't seem to really adjust to any changes in the settings either. I can still make all of the shots and it all functions (well, the trough takes a few tries) as it should and still excellent to play, just feels off. I have a JJP POTC and the coils are strong on it and adjustments seem to take affect as they should. Any recommendations?

#8172 3 days ago

Reversed J101 on headphone - and still does not work. Camera does not work and is most frustrating because the camera interacts with the game play mode. Steve Z at JJP was great in the beginning but since quiet. Like the game but wish it worked. Might be minor issues but paying $9k is a lot for this!

#8173 3 days ago

I'm right here. Did you check the other end of the harness at the motherboard end? Is it plugged in securely there?

#8174 3 days ago

I did not for the headphones. But I will. I rather have the camera working. I checked both ends for the camera. USB and back of the camera and both are good. Curious if it matters where the USB connection goes on the back box ! I did not switch anything but wondering if it came incorrect. There are 2 back to back and one just right of those. But everything else works. Great game but little frustrated. I am familiar with the game so took the kids on location to play. They loved it and liked the camera. Bought it new and camera never worked and now they are losing interest. Game might need to be returned!

#8175 3 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

I did not for the headphones. But I will. I rather have the camera working. I checked both ends for the camera. USB and back of the camera and both are good. Curious if it matters where the USB connection goes on the back box ! I did not switch anything but wondering if it came incorrect. There are 2 back to back and one just right of those. But everything else works. Great game but little frustrated. I am familiar with the game so took the kids on location to play. They loved it and liked the camera. Bought it new and camera never worked and now they are losing interest. Game might need to be returned!

i currently have an issue with my POTC camera, it's dead. A new one should arrive today. I will update once it arrives and I have it installed. JJP customer service will take care of you and get it going, you might also learn a little more about your game in the process. it's a complicated game, most JJP are, and things can go wrong sometimes, but just hang in there and be patient, you'll get it going and you won't be abandoned.

#8176 3 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

NIB as of 7/5/19 and have some questions/issues with coil strength. I am on code 1.61 and the slingshots are extremely weak no matter what I set them at, the flippers feel "different" and not snappy, and the trough struggles to kick out a ball unless I turn it all the way up. The kickback and the scoops all feel weak as well and don't seem to really adjust to any changes in the settings either. I can still make all of the shots and it all functions (well, the trough takes a few tries) as it should and still excellent to play, just feels off. I have a JJP POTC and the coils are strong on it and adjustments seem to take affect as they should. Any recommendations?

That's weird. Must all be related to the same problem...

Calling ltg !

#8177 3 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

is code 1.61 was on it when received ? if not, does it was 1.57 ? if yes, does it was OK than ?

else :
i know its some downgrade to do, but seems that's a fact in some cases : no coils probs on 1.57 (which is already more than complete) as seems this appears later with 1.60 & 1.61

#8178 3 days ago

It came with 1.52 but I upgraded before I played a game, so not really sure. I may have to try rolling back to 1.50 then to 1.57 to see if it makes a difference.

#8179 3 days ago

The red stopped working on four lights around my phone. The other colors without red in them work. Is there something I can do about this short of ordering a new phone light case?

#8180 2 days ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

It came with 1.52 but I upgraded before I played a game, so not really sure. I may have to try rolling back to 1.50 then to 1.57 to see if it makes a difference.

yep, go back to 1.57 and see if its OK or not...

#8181 2 days ago

Definitely better on 1.57, just hope the bugs are worked out soon. Such a great game!

#8182 1 day ago

Sometimes (not always) when I‘m playing the mode „Fire“, Betty the Quantum mechanic’s Arm is down so it becomes impossible to complete the left ramp. Anybody else have that? Occasionally at start up I get an error message about the arm, but the diagnostics all seem to indicate everything is ok.

#8183 1 day ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Sometimes (not always) when I‘m playing the mode „Fire“, Betty the Quantum mechanic’s Arm is down so it becomes impossible to complete the left ramp. Anybody else have that? Occasionally at start up I get an error message about the arm, but the diagnostics all seem to indicate everything is ok.

The arm goes down when lock is lit, but you should still be able to complete the left ramp shot. Have you gone into switch test mode and checked the switches associated with the shot? Also, what is the exact error message you get?

#8184 1 day ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The arm goes down when lock is lit, but you should still be able to complete the left ramp shot. Have you gone into switch test mode and checked the switches associated with the shot? Also, what is the exact error message you get?

These are good questions I wasn’t entirely prepared for. I think there are two switches before Betty and one after. All were working correctly in the diagnostic. I‘m not sure which ones have to be triggered to count as a left ramp shot. The error message, next time I‘ll make a photo, but it was something like „check diverter function“ or „diverter malfunction“. That‘s a good tip about the diverter being down when lock is lit - is there a reason for this?

#8185 1 day ago

Is there a way to adjust the height the Bob Trap Door is raised?
I need to lower the height on mine. Smacking into metal.

#8186 1 day ago

Lloyd has a good idea which is to drop something into the sleeve so it cannot open as far.

#8187 1 day ago

Oh yes, limiting the extension of the coil....Ill await Lloyds knowledge or a thread link.....Nothing Better!!!! Thanks!

#8188 1 day ago
Quoted from branlon8:

... That‘s a good tip about the diverter being down when lock is lit - is there a reason for this?

i'm not in the head of the programmers, but the 1st think i feel logic is : you relight the LOCK with the 2 ramps, than when you've done it the game is telling you, ok, LOCK is now lit, aim for something else

its also a way to change the flow, and not doing the same shoots for ever (left ramp - right ramp)

#8190 1 day ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

.Ill await Lloyds

Drop an 8/32nds locknut in there will do it.

#8191 1 day ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Lloyd has a good idea which is to drop something into the sleeve so it cannot open as far.

This is for coils/plungers that are upright like this trap door, slingshots, etc. during game play.

The reason I like to drop something into a coil sleeve to limit plunger travel. Is at a later date. You go to clean or repair something. It drops out and you might remember why.

If you put a longer plunger in there. Time goes by and you go to replace it. You'll likely go by part number and put the shorter original one back in and have the problem back you wanted to cure.

An 8/32nds locknut has always worked well for me for limiting any plunger travel.

#8192 1 day ago

I am trading my Iron Maiden Premium (+ bit of cash) for a Dialed In LE today. I hope I'm making the right choice... I know most here will say I am... But, IMDN just didn't resonate with me like I thought it would.

Rob

#8193 1 day ago

So, I decided to try and update to 1.61 again and am happy to say that now it seems to play as it should. Must have been some unseen issue in the update. No video sync issues either!

#8194 1 day ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I am trading my Iron Maiden Premium (+ bit of cash) for a Dialed In LE today. I hope I'm making the right choice... I know most here will say I am... But, IMDN just didn't resonate with me like I thought it would.
Rob

Nice. I think you will quickly realize how under rated DI is. While I like Iron Maiden, DI might be the best of all time. It’s super challenging, and has so many different “moods”. It can get quite dark and menacing. TZ 2.0. You are battling the power.

Great story from just last night. Had a little shin dig BBQ last night of about 15 or 20 friends. Two of the wives started playing DI and the next thing I hear is gut busting hysterical laughter. And then the selfie mode it and they about had kittens. The daily high score selfie was even more hilarious. They played it for 45 minutes straight and were hysterical the whole time!

01F63D45-5824-4758-988A-32E640A46B0C (resized).jpeg
#8195 1 day ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

So, I decided to try and update to 1.61 again and am happy to say that now it seems to play as it should. Must have been some unseen issue in the update. No video sync issues either!

well... strange for sure

videos : even in ACID RAIN !?

#8196 1 day ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well... strange for sure
videos : even in ACID RAIN !?

Yes, even in acid rain. Heck, everything is playing better now than it did in 1.57. First time on 1.61 not so much. Didn’t re-download either, just used the same download from before. Makes zero sense to me...

#8197 1 day ago

On having family/friends over...They will start playing my DP Pro and have a laugh but I'll suggest them try DI and they have a blast. I think its the linear code that non pinheads really like. They just know what to do...

#8198 23 hours ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Yes, even in acid rain. Heck, everything is playing better now than it did in 1.57. First time on 1.61 not so much. Didn’t re-download either, just used the same download from before. Makes zero sense to me...

Makes zero sense to me too (lol)

#8199 15 hours ago

What does/purpose of the bluetooth doggle have in the game? Mine stopped working.

#8200 14 hours ago

All set up and ready to go. Now I just need time to play it... lol

20190715_003539 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 189.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 8,000.00
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 8206 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 165.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside