Topic Stats

• 9,055 posts
  • 494 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Mageek
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,088 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DI CLIP (resized).jpg
DI1 (resized).jpg
DI2 (resized).jpg
DI4 (resized).jpg
69372CE8-CD3A-4BBA-83ED-0A9FAFD64120 (resized).jpeg
568A8AB3-9D97-47E8-AA46-E8F17CEE6CF1 (resized).jpeg
diflash (resized).jpg
99121346-CA6A-4DFC-8201-4E64F2D70934 (resized).jpeg
di-decals-sample (resized).jpg
decals4 (resized).jpg
decals2 (resized).jpg
decals1 (resized).jpg
decals0 (resized).jpg
E7AA35A9-DCF8-41E0-BF0E-55B48A51044D (resized).jpeg
20190828_143115 (resized).jpg
20190814_142930 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 182.
#8101 78 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

Held off long enough! Absolutely love this game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa! That looks like a dream in a box! Congrats! Can I ask from which distro you bought it? Just curious.

#8102 78 days ago

King Pins in Wisconsin

#8103 77 days ago

My trap door flap broke off. Is this something I have to get through JJP or is there a vendor that sells them? I couldn't find one.

#8104 77 days ago

I got a spare ramp flap/door from Jjp when mine broke off a few months ago but I've never fitted it, having it missing doesn't seem to affect the game at all and there's no sign of wear either.

#8105 77 days ago

Anybody have any good ideas for a key fob for Dialed In? I ordered a AFM one with the spaceships. My favorite mode along with Whirlwind and Tidal wave one!

IMG_0658 (resized).JPG
#8106 77 days ago
Quoted from PjM:

Held off long enough! Absolutely love this game.

Congrats on your purchase! Although I'm currently selling mine, it's an absolute blast to play.

#8107 77 days ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Anybody have any good ideas for a key fob for Dialed In? I ordered a AFM one with the spaceships. My favorite mode along with Whirlwind and Tidal wave one![quoted image]

There were some key fobs with the goodie bag if you bought new.

#8108 77 days ago

about the BOB flap/trapdoor broken :

first of all, seems this happend on more than few pins... :/
on mine, didnt replace it, as (may be just losing some speed ?) its seems to not be a prob, versus the playfield, and in gameplay to make the full orbit shoot

see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezqrrg2giy9tn10/IMGP2283.JPG?dl=0

Quoted from mrofnoc:

My trap door flap broke off. Is this something I have to get through JJP or is there a vendor that sells them? I couldn't find one.

not more than 2 sec search with GGL : https://pu-parts.com/dialed-in-crazy-bobs-trap-door-replacement

now, as surelly lots of others, got mine from JJP...
not sure how they work with it now, but piece was gently offered in warranty (which was OFF), but have to pay the sending costs
contact them & ask...

#8109 76 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I got a spare ramp flap/door from Jjp when mine broke off a few months ago but I've never fitted it, having it missing doesn't seem to affect the game at all and there's no sign of wear either.

Thanks, working on getting one from JJP, but appears it's not needed as you stated. Which is good as I have a little free time to play finally.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

about the BOB flap/trapdoor broken :
first of all, seems this happend on more than few pins... :/
on mine, didnt replace it, as (may be just losing some speed ?) its seems to not be a prob, versus the playfield, and in gameplay to make the full orbit shoot
see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezqrrg2giy9tn10/IMGP2283.JPG?dl=0

not more than 2 sec search with GGL : https://pu-parts.com/dialed-in-crazy-bobs-trap-door-replacement
now, as surelly lots of others, got mine from JJP...
not sure how they work with it now, but piece was gently offered in warranty (which was OFF), but have to pay the sending costs
contact them & ask...

I checked with all the vendors I used to use all the time when I had Bally / Williams pins. I could barely even remember who they were after years of not ordering parts. I google searched but didn't come up w/ anything, which is why I came here for help. So thank you both!

#8110 76 days ago

This game has been frustrating the heck out of me lately with all of the drains I get as soon as the ball hits the slings and starts bouncing back and forth. It got to the point where I was cursing those slings constantly. I finally decided to tone them down by about 5 points each and wow! what a difference that makes. I get far fewer cheap drains, and I’m starting to feel like I’m actually getting somewhere in the game again. I love how infinitely adjustable JJP pins are. You can dial all of them in to account for your individual residence and power fluctuations.

#8111 76 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This game has been frustrating the heck out of me lately with all of the drains I get as soon as the ball hits the slings and starts bouncing back and forth. It got to the point where I was cursing those slings constantly. I finally decided to tone them down by about 5 points each and wow! what a difference that makes. I get far fewer cheap drains, and I’m starting to feel like I’m actually getting somewhere in the game again. I love how infinitely adjustable JJP pins are. You can dial all of them in to account for your individual residence and power fluctuations.

Slings are supposed to cause randomness.

#8112 76 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Yep but it's his game and he should set it up in a way that he enjoys.

#8113 76 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Yes, I know. But you’re insistence that things remain at factory settings no matter how it performs in ones home or to ones personal taste seems a bit extreme. My slings seemed overpowered relative to other games, causing a disproportionate number of drains compared to my other games and ultimately diminishing my enjoyment of what is otherwise a great game. By dialing them back slightly, I have rekindled my love of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

#8114 75 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, I know. But you’re insistence that things remain at factory settings no matter how it performs in ones home or to ones personal taste seems a bit extreme. My slings seemed overpowered relative to other games, causing a disproportionate number of drains compared to my other games and ultimately diminishing my enjoyment of what is otherwise a great game. By dialing them back slightly, I have rekindled my love of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

Don't be a wuss, that's what slings are for. Learn to play them. Making things adjustable like this just screws games up. No one is willing to learn the game, they just make it easier so t they can feel good. At home you can always play again for free so it's no cost to you too play it hard and really learn to be good. What is a disproportionate drain level, 100% of balls drain.

#8115 75 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Don't be a wuss, that's what slings are for. Learn to play them. Making things adjustable like this just screws games up. No one is willing to learn the game, they just make it easier so t they can feel good. At home you can always play again for free so it's no cost to you too play it hard and really learn to be good. What is a disproportionate drain level, 100% of balls drain.

So just urinate on the guy. It doesn’t screw the game up at all. Just makes his game different. Ability to create variable power levels in coils is a cool innovation. That’s facts.

You pissing all over an excited dude with your self righteous holier than thou tude at worst makes pinside culture more toxic and at best makes you look like a tool bag.

#8116 75 days ago

Enough of this argument. Marvin, I know you think you're right, but it's funny because I happen to have Mr. Lawlor right here.

"Pat, what do you think of Marvin's argument?"

"Marvin, you know nothing about how I intend people to set up my games. Nokoro has it set up perfectly, with plenty of sling play without cheap drains. Differences in power at individual residences mean you should adjust the settings to get it perfect. Nokoro has done just that."

"Boy if life were only like this."

#8117 75 days ago

That is so funny. I love that scene!

#8118 75 days ago
Quoted from holminone:

So just urinate on the guy. It doesn’t screw the game up at all. Just makes his game different. Ability to create variable power levels in coils is a cool innovation. That’s facts.
You pissing all over an excited dude with your self righteous holier than thou tude at worst makes pinside culture more toxic and at best makes you look like a tool bag.

Nah, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I never said he can't wimp out his games. But bragging that you did it is bush league. It's in your house, you can play it on normal levels and get better, or you can neuter it and think you're getting better.

#8119 75 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Nah, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. I never said he can't wimp out his games. But bragging that you did it is bush league. It's in your house, you can play it on normal levels and get better, or you can neuter it and think you're getting better.

Hey mods, you think it's time to step in on this? I thought the purpose of this site was to have fun?

#8120 75 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Hey mods, you think it's time to step in on this? I thought the purpose of this site was to have fun?

We are having fun.

#8121 75 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

We are having fun.

"We"?

#8122 75 days ago

I knowi have fun playing pinball and taking about it, regardless of if other agree with me. Actually it's a lot better when there are different opinions. When everyone agrees it's group masturbation.

#8123 75 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I knowi have fun playing pinball and taking about it, regardless of if other agree with me. Actually it's a lot better when there are different opinions. When everyone agrees it's group masturbation.

Quoted from Marvin:

Don't be a wuss

Quoted from Marvin:

But bragging that you did it is bush league

Quoted from Marvin:

Nah, I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire

You understand that last one is something you say about someone you hate, right? As in, you hate this person SO much that if they were on fire and dying, and you had a bladder full of urine that could save their life, you wouldn't help them.

Who hurt you? Why are you so negative?

#8124 75 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You understand that last one is something you say about someone you hate, right? As in, you hate this person SO much that if they were on fire and dying, and you had a bladder full of urine that could save their life, you wouldn't help them.
Who hurt you? Why are you so negative?

I know exactly what it means. And I'm not pissing on anyone for any reason, despite holminone saying I was urinating on him. Not my kink. Plus if someones on fire, I'm not putting my junk anywhere near that. Lighten up Francis.

#8125 74 days ago

Let’s just end this. I’m a bit ashamed of myself for even getting sucked into the argument. I try to stay out of these things on pinside. Marvin, lets just move on. We’re arguing about slingshots for goodness sake. Life’s too short.

#8126 74 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Life’s too short.

You know what else is too short? The distance between a sling and an outlane.

AND WE'RE BACK!

#8127 74 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Disappointing to see you harassing someone else with your usual schtick. The games are designed to be adjusted (duh). Almost everyone I've ever met in this hobby fine tunes the games based on their personal preferences. Calling someone a "wuss" because they are dialing in their Dialed In is misguided & childish. If the dude wants to gap his sling switches different than yours (or change the software settings), why would you care? Sad.

#8128 73 days ago

I don't agree with Marvin's tone and delivery, but I do generally agree with what he's saying. You can put an old sock behind the flippers if you want to, but it won't improve your game. I think you should have sensitive slings and sensitive tilt in a home environment. This will teach you good nudging skills. If you're getting drains, you need to adjust your play.

On a side note, I actually find slings that do not respond well to the ball hits to be more challenging. The rebounds create odd angles that require nudge-slap-saves to keep the ball in play.

I don't think anyone's a wuss or anything for adjusting their own game, but I just wouldn't recommend nerfing. Play more instead.

P.S. - I have my game set to tilt warnings per ball and Sim carry-over, but these are code adjustments

#8129 73 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

...P.S. - I have my game set to tilt warnings per ball and Sim carry-over, but these are code adjustments

+1

and with a sensitive tilt...

#8130 73 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I don't agree with Marvin's tone and delivery, but I do generally agree with what he's saying. You can put an old sock behind the flippers if you want to, but it won't improve your game. I think you should have sensitive slings and sensitive tilt in a home environment. This will teach you good nudging skills. If you're getting drains, you need to adjust your play.
On a side note, I actually find slings that do not respond well to the ball hits to be more challenging. The rebounds create odd angles that require nudge-slap-saves to keep the ball in play.
I don't think anyone's a wuss or anything for adjusting their own game, but I just wouldn't recommend nerfing. Play more instead.
P.S. - I have my game set to tilt warnings per ball and Sim carry-over, but these are code adjustments

I very rarely change the settings in my games. I have SIM carry-over and the game is still very challenging. If/when it becomes easy, I would change it back.

Marvin doesn't seem to understand/acknowledge that many people play pinball purely for fun. I'm kind of in the middle...I've played in CA/Florida tournaments, but still play largely for fun when at home. More importantly, people spend big bucks on games and the manufacturers provide adjustments for obvious reasons...to customize the games. If this were so horrible, the designers wouldn't waste their precious time programming them.

#8131 73 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hate to belabor this discussion any more, but I will say that I really haven't nerfed the slings. I really think they were overpowered due to individual current levels at my home. My old Stern Star Trek also had overpowered slings, and often when the ball went into them, it bounced back and forth so hard that it eventually jumped and hit the glass. I turned that down as well. I still get plenty of play and randomness out of my DI slings, believe me. I'm not the best player, but I have been practicing my nudging, especially around the slings, for the past year or so and have gotten better at saving the ball and getting it out of the side to side movement that the slings cause. Still, with my old settings, it really was diminishing my enjoyment of the game because I was getting an excessive amount of drains. I'm not trying to be a tournament player. I'm just trying to enjoy a few games after work. Nothing wrong with adjusting my pin to allow me to do that.

Now, with that said, I still have tilt warnings set per game, not per ball, and I don't play with SIM card carry-over. So, all of you who do are wimps.

#8132 72 days ago

Just kidding on the last part, by the way. I obviously think it’s fine to play however you want.

#8133 72 days ago

I'm likely one of the very few that dials in their machines to be as difficult as humanly possible. The only thing I'm guilty of is having carrot flippers on my GB. Really, it levels the playing field. To offset that, I have the game set at extra difficult with no mode restart, plus one or two other tweaks to make it impossible.

Dialed in has been set at extra difficult from day 1. From time to time, I will go back to factory, or even extra easy when I want my son to see more of the game rather than be frustrated. I know pinball should be fun, however, by nature my son and I are very competitive. Training hard, playing hard!

#8134 72 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just kidding on the last part, by the way. I obviously think it’s fine to play however you want.

i never said you can't set it how you want. I just said why bother neutering the game, you still need to make the shots, it just makes your score terrifically larger.

#8135 72 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

i never said you can't set it how you want. I just said why bother neutering the game, you still need to make the shots, it just makes your score terrifically larger.

Nope. You get to see more of the game as in wizard modes, callouts, light shows with less shots. Score will of course be larger but that isn't the goal for many. I for example sent it easy (easier big bang, sim carryover, etc.) and five balls a couple weeks ago. The kids and the wife are not as "hardcore" as I am but now they get to see more of the game. They are also pushing my high scores off the game that I busted my ass off trying to get with default setting. Am I mad?...nope. The reason I bought the game is for family entertainment and it's performing it's mission as designed.

#8136 72 days ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

Nope. You get to see more of the game as in wizard modes, callouts, light shows with less shots. Score will of course be larger but that isn't the goal for many. I for example sent it easy (easier big bang, sim carryover, etc.) and five balls a couple weeks ago. The kids and the wife are not as "hardcore" as I am but now they get to see more of the game. They are also pushing my high scores off the game that I busted my ass off trying to get with default setting. Am I mad?...nope. The reason I bought the game is for family entertainment and it's performing it's mission as designed.

I'm gonna give five balls a shot tomorrow, sounds like fun to me

#8137 72 days ago
Quoted from drizzt76:

The original comment was about nerfing the slings. Changing that, going 5 ball, carry-over, none of those things make the game easier, they just give higher scores. You still need to make the shots, you just have more chances to do it. Changing the settings to lessen the shots needed is completely different, that will actually make the game easier. But that wasn't what was getting discussed.

#8138 72 days ago

Ok sounds good. Somehow I knew not to comment.

#8139 72 days ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I very rarely change the settings in my games. I have SIM carry-over and the game is still very challenging. If/when it becomes easy, I would change it back.
Marvin doesn't seem to understand/acknowledge that many people play pinball purely for fun. I'm kind of in the middle...I've played in CA/Florida tournaments, but still play largely for fun when at home. More importantly, people spend big bucks on games and the manufacturers provide adjustments for obvious reasons...to customize the games. If this were so horrible, the designers wouldn't waste their precious time programming them.

I literally said playing should be fun, do you have no comprehension skills? Go harass someone else .

#8140 72 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I literally said playing should be fun, do you have no comprehension skills? Go harass someone else .

I literally just spit my drink out when I read this. You're accusing someone else of harassment?!? Pot, meet kettle.

#8141 72 days ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I literally just spit my drink out when I read this. You're accusing someone else of harassment?!? Pot, meet kettle.

If he wants to make up baseless accusations, so can I.

#8142 72 days ago

It’s time to cool our jet bumpers. The reality is we all don’t live close to one another so we can’t call for a fight to the death.

To change the topic a bit, does anyone own or a big fan of Deadpool? I’m smitten with that game. Smitten with DILE of course. DP seems like a good complement to DILE in a two or three game home setup.

#8143 71 days ago
Quoted from holminone:

It’s time to cool our jet bumpers. The reality is we all don’t live close to one another so we can’t call for a fight to the death.
To change the topic a bit, does anyone own or a big fan of Deadpool? I’m smitten with that game. Smitten with DILE of course. DP seems like a good complement to DILE in a two or three game home setup.

I only have two games. DILE and DP Pro. They do complement each other well. Where one is strong the other might be weaker. I love the DI theme but I will admit it has to grow on you and when I have company over to the house, they choose play DP first and laugh. After awhile they will play DI and say...."holy cow this is smooth!" I then will explain all the RGB LEDs in DI where DP only has them where it is needed. I don't mind the one track on DI but DP has so many and everyone loves the sound on DP. Where DI has more of a linear code set, DP you change up your strategy a little more. I really like them both. I just wish they put a little more into the DP Premium and I would have been a Premium buyer (full RGB LED, Invisiglass, better speakers, shaker... anyone one of these and I would've pulled the trigger). I'm using the extra savings for my third game...

#8144 71 days ago

Is 5 still the max balls u can get in this game ? No extra ball buy in ? I want to try to get to end of game as much as possible but I’m having hard time with only 5 balls

#8145 71 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is 5 still the max balls u can get in this game ? No extra ball buy in ? I want to try to get to end of game as much as possible but I’m having hard time with only 5 balls

You can set up extra balls with scores. I have mine set at 500K and 1.5m...and I don't remember after that. Also extra ball should be lit after 3 modes started.

#8146 71 days ago

I got beat up on the golf course yesterday. I told this very large man,that he was making golf too easy, because he wasn't playing the Championship tees.The last thing I remember hearing him say was, I also improve my lie,you have a problem with that?

#8147 71 days ago

Extra easy on 3-ball should make the game a cake walk so long as you can keep the ball alive. I've ran through the entire game in well under 40 mins and put up a stupid score.

#8148 71 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I got beat up on the golf course yesterday. I told this very large man,that he was making golf too easy, because he wasn't playing the Championship tees.The last thing I remember hearing him say was, I also improve my lie,you have a problem with that?

then you were a victim of battery and should report it to the police. Were you also cutting the hole larger to make putting easier?

#8149 71 days ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Extra easy on 3-ball should make the game a cake walk so long as you can keep the ball alive. I've ran through the entire game in well under 40 mins and put up a stupid score.

do you still have cliffy on scoops ?

#8150 71 days ago
Quoted from Marvin:

If he wants to make up baseless accusations, so can I.

Baseless?…please. My profile history & posts speak for themselves. Unlike you, who don't even list where you live. No machines, etc.

You love to bully people on a handful of issues that you police. In this instance, making games "easy" by changing the sling settings. As Nokoro said (and as you should know), games play differently based on locale. It's entirely possible that his slings are stronger than your slings despite his tweaking the settings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Lee, NEW JERSEY
$ 49.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 189.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
There are 9055 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 182.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside