IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 273.
#8051 4 years ago

All I know is this is one of the best games ever made with a great layout which compliments a great set of rules. You can play this game a number of different ways for scoring. You can achieve multiple multi balls, play a different set of modes on each game, see up to 3 wizard modes which one is very achievable.
A real fun game to play each time. With all the games out there, this one is a homerun.

#8052 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

In theory you can light SIM cards by completing modes and a handful of other ways too.
In practice I have only lit SIM cards by completing modes (proper or Big Bang)
Anyone ever light a SIM card other than completing modes? If so have your incorporated this into your game strategy? Any suggestions for someone that is jonesing for more SIM cards (aside from carryover)?

The other ways that I can think of, other than modes, is collecting the respective jackpots during Crazy Bob's multiballs. The modes themselves are much more abundant and accessible, so should be your primary objective, but the CB MBs are another opportunity if you happen to progress that far with those modes.

#8053 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

In theory you can light SIM cards by completing modes and a handful of other ways too.
In practice I have only lit SIM cards by completing modes (proper or Big Bang)
Anyone ever light a SIM card other than completing modes? If so have your incorporated this into your game strategy? Any suggestions for someone that is jonesing for more SIM cards (aside from carryover)?

Yes the Bob Multiballs, I got a SIM Card lit for Monkey Wrench MB yesterday, 3 balls past Betty lights it. Have also lit it by hitting QED guy 15+ times in High Voltage Multiball. I have not lit it in Drones Gone Wild MB yet (3 jackpots to light it)

#8054 4 years ago

This popped up yesterday. The trap door will open in test but doesn’t stay open. Manually when I open it will stay open but when I press the small coil that closes the door it will not close. Any ideas on this? Thanks!!!

CEC7206C-4D3B-4662-A8B9-284D5F379EA2 (resized).jpegCEC7206C-4D3B-4662-A8B9-284D5F379EA2 (resized).jpeg
#8055 4 years ago

If you push the latch on the small coil and it doesn't snap down, something isn't right.

Did the latch come loose, or need a tiny bit of grease along the edge in the yellow circle ?

LTG : )

Trap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpgTrap Door Mech_Latch CO (resized).jpg
#8056 4 years ago

It seems to be moving freely. It does not snap down when I press it

#8057 4 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

It does not snap down when I press it

Does it unlock the trap door so it can drop ? Plunger for trap door move freely in coil ?

#8058 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does it unlock the trap door so it can drop ? Plunger for trap door move freely in coil ?

No it doesn’t unlock to drop trap door. Plunger moves freely

#8059 4 years ago

No it doesn’t unlock to drop trap door.

That is what you need to try and figure out.

Trap door isn't stuck on something above the playfield ?

#8060 4 years ago

I’m thinking the coil that closes the door is broken

#8061 4 years ago

I’m thinking the coil that closes the door is broken

If you push the metal part towards the coil that pulls down to unlock the trap door and the trap door doesn't drop. It ain't the coil.

#8062 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you push the metal part towards the coil that pulls down to unlock the trap door and the trap door doesn't drop. It ain't the coil.

I see.....

#8063 4 years ago

It is saying switch #20 is broken

#8064 4 years ago

It can get knocked out of alignment. When down, the flat spot on the pivot arm needs to be bisected exactly by the front edge of the trip coil flap. If it’s too far one way or the other, push the small bracket to line it up where you need.

#8065 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It can get knocked out of alignment. When down, the flat spot on the pivot arm needs to be bisected exactly by the front edge of the trip coil flap. If it’s too far one way or the other, push the small bracket to line it up where you need.

I’ll take pics when I’m home if you’re still on to see if it’s sitting just so

#8066 4 years ago

Phone Graphics Glitches: A Common Issue? A Common Fix?

I'm looking at a HUO DI for sale here in town and the seller reports that the phone's graphics are sometimes a little wonky. He used the word "delayed" and thought it could be sorted by addressing what he imagines is a simple bad connection. Is that wishful thinking? Is this more likely to be serious problem involving a board or perhaps the phone itself? Are the phones sometimes replaced under warranty when they misbehave like this? I have searched this thread for instances of the word "phone," but no post I've read thus far addresses this particular issue. Any insight would be much appreciated.

#8067 4 years ago

Ask him what software version he’s running

#8068 4 years ago

Closed

6CED5E39-30F1-44D3-9970-3A8EB3A6F5B9 (resized).jpeg6CED5E39-30F1-44D3-9970-3A8EB3A6F5B9 (resized).jpeg
#8069 4 years ago

Open

F574CE82-11BA-47AF-AD9B-5EC6BA0C1F6E (resized).jpegF574CE82-11BA-47AF-AD9B-5EC6BA0C1F6E (resized).jpeg
#8070 4 years ago

Is this what you are referring to?
Thanks

#8071 4 years ago

When I press this it does NOT open the trap door

F2822885-6392-4163-BF1F-4F8CBDEFBF1D (resized).jpegF2822885-6392-4163-BF1F-4F8CBDEFBF1D (resized).jpeg
#8072 4 years ago

That’s the trip coil that lets the door drop down
The big coil lifts the door up

#8073 4 years ago

So has anything happen with dialed in during the past 6 months? With Wonka being off my list I was thinking about revisiting DI....

#8074 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So has anything happen with dialed in during the past 6 months? With Wonka being off my list I was thinking about revisiting DI....

Not sure where you left off but it had a pretty big code update that added a cool multiball that tied in all the Theatre hurry ups nicely.

#8075 4 years ago

That’s the trip coil that lets the door drop down
The big coil lifts the door up

Okay well mine still isn’t working and I still don’t know why

#8076 4 years ago

Am I talking to the dead?

#8077 4 years ago

Does the thing operate smoothly if you do it by hand? Pull the big plunger down into the blue coil - does the door raise and latch? Then push the trip plate - does it drop cleanly?

#8078 4 years ago

No it does not

#8079 4 years ago

Am I talking to the dead?

I get that this is frustrating but people have lives and may not be available to answer your questions in real time.

Go through it all and diagnose, if you are doing something like this for the first time it can be tricky but it gets easier. You said earlier switch 20 is broken I would start there.

When I am diagnosing I normally go through everything electrical (switches & coils) and make sure they work. If everything electrical works go over everything mechanical. The problem is in there somewhere. Figure out how the mech is operating and then figure out what is not right.

#8080 4 years ago

Maybe I’m not saying it clearly. It opens smooth and clear. It will shut if I manually close it with the same coil and plunger I opened it with. The small coil that is supposed to close it will not close it by any way, manually or by actuations

#8081 4 years ago

I’m not looking for a prompt response but I’m getting asked the same question over again

#8082 4 years ago

The coil designed to open it is not working electronically

#8083 4 years ago

Okay check the fuse then - see the page D-114 in the manual below

Annotation 2019-06-28 215023 (resized).pngAnnotation 2019-06-28 215023 (resized).png
#8084 4 years ago

If neither coil fires in test with the coin door closed or the high power interlock switch pulled out then check the fuses noted on the I/O board behind the big monitor in the backbox.

#8085 4 years ago

If you have a meter you can read the voltage at the coil lugs. Voltage should be present at the PINK solid wire where it is soldered to the coil lug.

#8086 4 years ago

Okay check the fuse then - see the page D-114 in the manual below[quoted image]</blockquote
I’ll check that. Thanks for all the help!

#8087 4 years ago

Thanks for all the help!

#8088 4 years ago

FATPANDA Helped me figure it out. Working correctly now. LTG sent a diagramed picture that helped me to see how things should be properly aligned. That was very helpful at seeing it was definitely Mechanical

#8089 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's still awesome if that's what you're asking?

#8090 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I was in the same boat. Looking to get a new pin...went from Munsters to Wonka and both had issues for me...so I "settled" on DI. Best NIB purchase I ever made. It's funny, I played the game at shows and it always flipped well but I could not get the theme integration and I was missing a lot with sound drowned out at shows.

This game is literally "dialed in" and polished in every way. Aside from the weird art decision to put a no emotion dude with the phone in his hand I really like everything about it. Has that Lawler flow, feel, humor and the build quality is amazing. Fun, fully developed game....and it looks so much better in person than in pics.

#8091 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I was in the same boat. Looking to get a new pin...went from Munsters to Wonka and both had issues for me...so I "settled" on DI. Best NIB purchase I ever made. It's funny, I played the game at shows and it always flipped well but I could not get the theme integration and I was missing a lot with sound drowned out at shows.
This game is literally "dialed in" and polished in every way. Aside from the weird art decision to put a no emotion dude with the phone in his hand I really like everything about it. Has that Lawler flow, feel, humor and the build quality is amazing. Fun, fully developed game....and it looks so much better in person than in pics.

You know what else it has? That "Lawlor" flow!

#8092 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Welcome to the club
DI is my favorite pin ever and I’ve had a few.The lighting is phenomenal and the is always fun!

#8093 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It's funny, I played the game at shows and it always flipped well but I could not get the theme integration and I was missing a lot with sound drowned out at shows.

x2... once I gave this game more of a chance, I want one.

I do wish there was some better art.

#8094 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Welcome to the club! This is my 2nd time owning a DILE. So long as finances allow, it'll stay in my collection indefinitely. Definitely the best modern pin out there. It's tied for first with IMDN in my book

#8095 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

x2... once I gave this game more of a chance, I want one.
I do wish there was some better art.

The art was something that took me a while to appreciate. After I got the shots under control I was amazed every time just how good the game is to shoot. It took quite a while to really have a close look the art, the game grabbed me that much. The detail and complexity takes time to take in.
I was sent a replacement trap door which after fitted I had the old one in my hand and the detail just in that is beautiful. That’s not even meant to be seen. When you have a moment, grab a beer and just look at it inch by inch. Even the tiny plastics on the upper play field have been thought through. The colours are deep and bright. Like the game as a whole, I think time needs to be spent looking at the level of detail. JJP team have spent some time on this machine, probably more than the accountants would have liked. The investment is in the game development not in paying for IP.

#8096 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The art was something that took me a while to appreciate. After I got the shots under control I was amazed every time just how good the game is to shoot. It took quite a while to really have a close look the art, the game grabbed me that much. The detail and complexity takes time to take in.
I was sent a replacement trap door which after fitted I had the old one in my hand and the detail just in that is beautiful. That’s not even meant to be seen. When you have a moment, grab a beer and just look at it inch by inch. Even the tiny plastics on the upper play field have been thought through. The colours are deep and bright. Like the game as a whole, I think time needs to be spent looking at the level of detail. JJP team have spent some time on this machine, probably more than the accountants would have liked. The investment is in the game development not in paying for IP.

I hear you... this game is on my short list.

#8097 4 years ago

Striking a deal for an LE. Looking forward to my first JJP & my first Lawlor game. I hear it is shaping up nicely and approaching a masterpiece level game. Glad to be part of the club. Will post pics when delivery is completed.

#8098 4 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Striking a deal for an LE. Looking forward to my first JJP &amp; my first Lawlor game. I hear it is shaping up nicely and approaching a masterpiece level game. Glad to be part of the club. Will post pics when delivery is completed.

I wish I could go back to my first JJP experience. Such awesome machines. Enjoy!

#8099 4 years ago

Held off long enough! Absolutely love this game.C11A8E67-357E-44E7-8DE4-B907CA3D5AAD (resized).jpegC11A8E67-357E-44E7-8DE4-B907CA3D5AAD (resized).jpeg4B25F3DB-DCF4-416C-A3F7-C61682F099D8 (resized).jpeg4B25F3DB-DCF4-416C-A3F7-C61682F099D8 (resized).jpeg3464F541-1AE7-4EBB-80B9-EB2E2BF557FF (resized).jpeg3464F541-1AE7-4EBB-80B9-EB2E2BF557FF (resized).jpeg18E04203-D9C9-4943-BB6B-8057CFFA4EDB (resized).jpeg18E04203-D9C9-4943-BB6B-8057CFFA4EDB (resized).jpeg

#8100 4 years ago

Armor/hinge Sets: Standard-body JJP Exchangeable with Standard-body Williams?

I would like to know if a stock JJP armor/hinge set can be exchanged for a standard-body Williams set.

I put this question to JJP Tech LTG and he thought the answer was yes, but he'd never tried it and couldn't be sure. What say you?

(If you're curious to know why I would want to do this, it has to do with how difficult it would be to refinish the stock pieces if I wanted a custom color as powder coat is a hell to remove.)

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/162?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.