IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 273.
#8001 4 years ago

Does the flipper lift up from the playfield? Should move 1/16th of an inch sounds like to tight to the bushing

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Does the flipper lift up from the playfield? Should move 1/16th of an inch sounds like to tight to the bushing

The flipper is not rubbing on the playfield, it is above it, doesn't have the up and down "play" or wiggle that the other ones do though if that makes sense...

#8004 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

When I took it off, there is still resistance for some reason...

Does the flipper bat/shaft move up and down a tiny bit. So the pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing the shaft rides in ?

LTG : )

#8005 4 years ago

It needs some up and down play.

#8006 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does the flipper bat/shaft move up and down a tiny bit. So the pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing the shaft rides in ?

It doesn't seem to move up and down at all.

#8007 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So the pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing the shaft rides in ?

How do I check this?

#8008 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

http://www.performancepinball.com/uploads/1/7/3/2/17325106/1919440_orig.jpg

Basically the flipper bushing sticks through the playfield. If it is too tight the flipper won't rotate correctly or in your case return. You may have to loosen the pinch bolt and re adjust. You can adjust the top or bottom side. A couple business cards will work too if no flipper gauge.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8009 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

#8010 4 years ago

Look at you. You one up'd me...lol

#8011 4 years ago

Back in business, thank you everyone!! It was sitting on the nylon bushing apparently. Odd that it just started doing this, but fixed now. Thanks again, I'm off to get to Showdown! (More realistically Chaos in QC )

#8012 4 years ago

Q: I was in Fire mode yesterday and required to hit the left ramp. Since Lock was lit Betty kept her arm down and therefore I could never hit the ramp made switch to progress in the mode (unless I locked the ball). Bug or intentional ? Running V1.61

#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Q: I was in Fire mode yesterday and required to hit the left ramp. Since Lock was lit Betty kept her arm down and therefore I could never hit the ramp made switch to progress in the mode (unless I locked the ball). Bug or intentional ? Running V1.61

You should still be able to make progress in that mode with Betty's arm down. Check in switch test to see if it's registering with a ball.

#8014 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You should still be able to make progress in that mode with Betty's arm down. Check in switch test to see if it's registering with a ball.

I assume the first switch registers fine since I have no issues otherwise, but I'll check it. Normally a ramp is not counted until you hit the second ramp made switch which is not possible with her arm down.

#8015 4 years ago

Finally was able to pick up a Dialed In LE! I’ve been chasing this title for over 2 years and the stars finally aligned Babee!!!!! Had a great game with settings set from previous owner with the SIM cards carrying over from ball to ball, this may be factory setting on the new 1.61 code. Not sure. What a masterpiece! Congratulations to the JJP team on creating such a fun pinball. This one will be bolted to the floor next to Funhouse and Roadshow!
I have a early build with playfield #67 and can’t get the backglass off, I don’t think the previous owner ever took it off in 2 years. Any tips greatly appreciated!

16178BC6-CE18-41EA-831A-A5A65AE7366A (resized).jpeg16178BC6-CE18-41EA-831A-A5A65AE7366A (resized).jpeg
#8016 4 years ago

Loosen the torx screws up there on the speaker panel, there are two of them, then you can more easily manipulate the lock if it won't unlock all the way. Worst case, have someone hold the speaker panel and take those screws out altogether but remember that the speaker panel will still be attached by the wires and that it will want to fall down without those screws so have someone help you.

#8017 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

Finally was able to pick up a Dialed In LE! I’ve been chasing this title for over 2 years and the stars finally aligned Babee!!!!! Had a great game with settings set from previous owner with the SIM cards carrying over from ball to ball, this may be factory setting on the new 1.61 code. Not sure. What a masterpiece! Congratulations to the JJP team on creating such a fun pinball. This one will be bolted to the floor next to Funhouse and Roadshow!
I have a early build with playfield #67 and can’t get the backglass off, I don’t think the previous owner ever took it off in 2 years. Any tips greatly appreciated![quoted image]

My back glass wouldn’t open when I picked it up new. To avoid damaging the glass in future, when we opened it we removed the part of the lock that swings around. The glass sits in place nicely unlocked. Don’t want to scratch it from behind.

#8018 4 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

My back glass wouldn’t open when I picked it up new.

Check your wood supports in the backbox, where the finger is pointing. You may have to cut the notches back farther, or cut them in if not there.

DIBackbox (resized).JPGDIBackbox (resized).JPG
#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I have a early build with playfield #67 and can’t get the backglass off, I don’t think the previous owner ever took it off in 2 years. Any tips greatly appreciated![quoted image]

Carry-over is not factory, you scored well by playing a nerfed game

#8020 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Carry-over is not factory, you scored well by playing a nerfed game

True it’s not factory but as a newer owner these kinds of scores still baffle me. Haven’t gotten above 800,000 yet. Struggling with scoop rejects. Not from the cliffy - they reject by hitting the metal sides of the scoop mech itself.. that hole is damn tight. Wondering if I can remove the mech and bend the sides out wider..

#8021 4 years ago

Move the scoop back. Somewhere buried in here is a post with a few pictures a gentleman posted showing the process.

#8022 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Struggling with scoop rejects. Not from the cliffy - they reject by hitting the metal sides of the scoop mech itself.. that hole is damn tight. Wondering if I can remove the mech and bend the sides out wider..

even from a right-reverse shoot ?

#8023 4 years ago

and OK, carry over SIM cards is not factory, but let's admit this is the way it should be, as it its more than hard enough already (never reached showdown)

about the backglass, mine was also blocked... the previous owner did forget to replace the 2 wood-blockers, than the TFT screen free ityself during transport to my home, and was pushing on the glass :/

i finally (sweat...) get it by pushing just enough in the backbox, but for sure i know now that i was lucky to not break/damage the BG
than listen to the guys above, much better than doing (stupid) thing while under hurry

and good score already, have fun with DI, for sure one of the best pin on the market

#8024 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and OK, carry over SIM cards is not factory, but let's admit this is the way it should be, as it its more than hard enough already (never reached showdown)

no, it shuldn't be that way out of the factory, the game is too easy that way.

#8025 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

True it’s not factory but as a newer owner these kinds of scores still baffle me. Haven’t gotten above 800,000 yet. Struggling with scoop rejects. Not from the cliffy - they reject by hitting the metal sides of the scoop mech itself.. that hole is damn tight. Wondering if I can remove the mech and bend the sides out wider..

Modes and SIM cards are huge. I would say they net more points than any MB or other aspect of the game. Even getting just 1 SIM card will double the scores on the next mode. And it gets exponentially higher with each SIM card 3x, 4x, etc.

Get your phone scoop adjusted and perfect, and I would recommend (again) a Mantis protector over a Cliffy protector.

#8026 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

If it is, either you have it set up too easy or you should be competing with the pros.

#8027 4 years ago

You know what I say? If someone wants to set there game up so that they score 50 million on it every time they play, so be it. It's their damn game! Let them enjoy it how they want. We aren't competing with one another. Whether it's "nerfed" or "factory settings", who cares?

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

+1 with Tranquilize above...

are you Keith Elwin ?

#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Modes and SIM cards are huge. I would say they net more points than any MB or other aspect of the game. Even getting just 1 SIM card will double the scores on the next mode. And it gets exponentially higher with each SIM card 3x, 4x, etc.
Get your phone scoop adjusted and perfect, and I would recommend (again) a Mantis protector over a Cliffy protector.

This is exactly the problem with carryover, you get huge multipliers even if you fail to collect the sims since you get extra chances at it. This makes the game way too easy to score on.

#8030 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You know what I say? If someone wants to set there game up so that they score 50 million on it every time they play, so be it. It's their damn game! Let them enjoy it how they want. We aren't competing with one another. Whether it's "nerfed" or "factory settings", who cares?

They totally can do what they want to their game, if they want to rubberband the outlanes and play with the glass off go ahead. Never said they can't.

#8031 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

+1 with Tranquilize above...
are you Keith Elwin ?

not at all, just an average Marvin, who likes a challenge. Scoring high by making a game easy isn't as fun.

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

This is exactly the problem with carryover, you get huge multipliers even if you fail to collect the sims since you get extra chances at it. This makes the game way too easy to score on.

It still makes it difficult. I've played it both ways, and I can't say that I perform better one way vs the other. As a matter of fact, I had a game where I had carryover set up, but collected the 6 SIM cards that I collected that game on one ball. For me, that was a "once in a blue moon" ball. Would I have done as well if they were spread across 3 balls? idk. I haven't been able to get as many cards since, and it's still set to carry over.

Whatever your cup - set it up how you like it. Whether it's extra balls on points instead of replays, loose tilt bob, closed up outlanes, 5 ball games etc, doesn't matter what other people think about how you set up your machines. For me, I think I'm doing the game a disservice by setting it up too easy but if JoeBlow wants to do it, doesn't bother me any.

#8033 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

not at all, just an average Marvin, who likes a challenge. Scoring high by making a game easy isn't as fun.

I love a challenge too,and this pin has it in spades!

#8034 4 years ago

With my skill level, I'm on Team Carryover

#8035 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

yep, OK, but saying its "too easy" !?

not sure what is average when you're talking about you...
i'm right now ranked 506 (and call myself a good player), i dont feel DI being too easy with SIM carry over (on factory settings of course)

my hiscore is (only) 7.3M, with D-I-A-L-E-D collected, while I-N letters were blinking/ready to collect...

#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm right now ranked 506 (and call myself a good player), i dont feel DI being too easy with SIM carry over (on factory settings of course)
my hiscore is (only) 7.3M, with D-I-A-L-E-D collected, while I-N letters were blinking/ready to collect...

I hear you,6,5M is my High after a year of owning.Dialed collected
Armageddon rocks in Pat Lawlor style

#8037 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

7.3M on dialed in is an absolutely huge score that's the point. The shots are not easier, you're just score inflating by doing carryover. Your score are meaningless when you do that. You can't even consider your scores against other people since you are playing an inflated version.

#8038 4 years ago

Don’t give a cr ap what other people score.

#8039 4 years ago

Score comparisons count and are relative only to the pin being played. I've played our DILE for a year and a half and have only been able to get as far as lighting the "A". My wife has achieved about the same level. I played half of the disaster modes only twice to achieve that mode. We've moved on to regularly playing JJPOTC more than DI now (for about the last 5 months) and are having a blast with that. Wonka is ordered and will arrive in a couple of months. After seeing other people turning on the Sim carryover and feeling more accomplished and getting through the game further, we want to progress further in the game to see those modes also.

That is what game setting adjustments are for … to adjust to the player level for their personal enjoyment. Our friends and relatives never achieved 1 Sim card (in 5 pinball parties held). We need a "second honeymoon" with this pin to keep the interest in it and to play it more often. Last weekend I changed our settings for Sim carryover, which is more justified in my mind than changing some of the other settings. This will hopefully pull us back in for some interest and friendly competition. I'm not a tournament level competitive player. If we start to regularly achieve the final mode, then we will adjust. But that will require us to "play better". We need to keep some interest in playing this pin while new ones come in. Are the modes fun? Of course they are … so we need to get to them. The high scores on our pin will only relate to the others that play it, and not to other people's pins or location pins.

#8040 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I've played our DILE for a year and a half and have only been able to get as far as lighting the "A".

Wait, you can light the “A”???

#8041 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wait, you can light the “A”???

D-I-A is as far as I have been able to achieve (3 sim cards). I've lit that sim card a lot, but usually drain before hitting that hard shot.

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

D-I-A is as far as I have been able to achieve (3 sim cards). I've lit that sim card a lot, but usually drain before hitting that hard shot.

Yeah, I was just having a bit of fun. I get the A about 1 in 50-100 games. DI is a very hard game under default settings.

#8043 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yeah, I was just having a bit of fun. I get the A about 1 in 50-100 games. DI is a very hard game under default settings.

Exactly! That’s why I’ve already turned on sim carry over. It’s not About trying to inflate my final score —- it’s about being able to have a shot at one day completing all the damn letters and playing showdown.

Had two 500k games to start and then put up my first 1mil+ game today. Hoping they continue to get better.. collecting all those letters still seems impossible

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

even from a right-reverse shoot ?

A backhand? I can hit those 90% now — figured out the sweet spot. But from the left flipper they are very very difficult and iffy..

#8045 4 years ago

+1 for team carryover - it is a nice feeling knowing that sim card isn‘t lost forever after a drain.

#8046 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

A backhand? I can hit those 90% now — figured out the sweet spot. But from the left flipper they are very very difficult and iffy..

nice than
same here... shoot from left flipper have to be perfect, else its a reject

#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Are the modes fun? Of course they are … so we need to get to them.

you get to exactly the same number of modes with carryover on or off, you collect more sim cards (score inflate) with carryover. playing 5 modes and collecting one card is the same number of modes as playing 5 with carryover and collecting 4 sims.

#8048 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

you get to exactly the same number of modes with carryover on or off, you collect more sim cards (score inflate) with carryover. playing 5 modes and collecting one card is the same number of modes as playing 5 with carryover and collecting 4 sims.

I think he was referring to the mode he hadn't yet played, Armegeddon, the one which requires collecting Sim cards.

#8049 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I think he was referring to the mode he hadn't yet played, Armegeddon, the one which requires collecting Sim cards.

heu...

armageddon is not a mode (as a mission), but a wizard mode

and the (big) wizard mode requiring collecting SIM cards is not armageddon, but showdown...

than, to be clear :

playing modes only, and you 1st get CHAOS (mini-wizard), than after ARMAGEDDON (wizard)
playing modes, finishing them and getting SIM cards, you get the SHOWDOWN (big wizard)

#8050 4 years ago

In theory you can light SIM cards by completing modes and a handful of other ways too.
In practice I have only lit SIM cards by completing modes (proper or Big Bang)
Anyone ever light a SIM card other than completing modes? If so have your incorporated this into your game strategy? Any suggestions for someone that is jonesing for more SIM cards (aside from carryover)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/161?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.