IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 273.
#7951 4 years ago

Man.. I’ve played this game a ton at several shows and on locations. It’s still so different at home — to hear all the nuances, music, callouts. To have properly powered flippers, new balls and the Playfield playing real smooth and fast.. Crazy! Really enhances the game to play at home.

Gotta do the Velcro trick on the phone though I think — lots of rejects so far, a frustrating amount. The thin cliffy is slightly lifted around the hole for some reason - is this common?

#7952 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wonder why? Mine isn't left drain happy.

The metal post in between the in-lanes makes it a hazard. Commonly, the slings on mine are the culprit of outlane drains. QED guy causes lots of STDM if you hit it the wrong way

#7953 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man.. I’ve played this game a ton at several shows and on locations. It’s still so different at home — to hear all the nuances, music, callouts. To have properly powered flippers, new balls and the Playfield playing real smooth and fast.. Crazy! Really enhances the game to play at home.
Gotta do the Velcro trick on the phone though I think — lots of rejects so far, a frustrating amount. The thin cliffy is slightly lifted around the hole for some reason - is this common?

I would say it is very common which is why many have ditched the external protector for the Mantis internal protector.

https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/

#7954 4 years ago

I havent looked at the factory install in depth...Easy to remove? Expect any playfield marks?

#7955 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I havent looked at the factory install in depth...Easy to remove? Expect any playfield marks?

The mantis protector install isn't too bad. You'll have to remove the scoop from underneath, and from there, you place the protector in with the two screws from underneath the playfield. No marks or anything. We've been saying the Mantis protector is superior to the Cliffy protector in this case for some time now! I love Cliff and his protectors, but sometimes you just gotta go with what works better.

Not to bring it up (again) but remove the Cliffy protector from the SIM card hole if you have it installed and add mylar to the area to protect it. It'll make your game 1000000% more enjoyable.

#7957 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

#922 - 1.61 - Been playing DI now for two months, usually getting destroyed and somewhat frustrated over very brief ball times and killer SDTM drains.
I decided to follow some advise from this thread and set up the machine for player-friendly operation - 6.5 pitch, flipper strengths, and 'easy-difficulty' mode. Left 3-ball active.
After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown.
My questions:
Is there a source of information or can someone explain these advanced modes, what to expect and what to achieve? PM me if necessary.
I must say, didn't quite know what was happening in this specific mode other than it appears as the player is now observing the control room of Quantum Electric Co.? What is this about? The fast pace, constant feed of multiball's is incredible!
I've got to say, DI is by far the most advanced pinball machine I've ever played in four decades. Seriously, this machine is absolutely awesome in every aspect - cool, original theme (though I still don't thoroughly understand it), code/modes, toys, graphics, quality of audio, shaker integration, call-out's, and especially the lighting. The lighting-blows me away!
I love my AFMr-LE, but DI is in a league of its own and certainly justifies its price tag.
What a product!

i'm back...

scoring "only" 2M points while having reached showdown, there's clearly something i can't understand
could you explain your tactic please ?

even if i see only one, quite simple, as to go to showdown : need to complete all DIALED IN letters > than need to collect 8 SIM cards > than need to play AND complete the 8 modes (OK, or less as could light SIM cards other way, also didnt forget the BIG BANG) > and if you do all this, that means you have multiplicators +1 between each modes > that means collecting more big points... !!!???

just tried here, and i reached 2M points while still playing my ball 2 (+ 2 extra ball following) with : only DIAL letters collected (didnt miss a mode)
this game ended at 4M points, with DIALED letters collected...

my test game seems to copy/paste this video of reaching showdown (!!! spoiler !!! dont watch if you dont wanna know !!!) :

i call myself a good player, but may be i'm missing something here ?
tanx in advance for some more explanations

WP_20190619_19_56_45_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190619_19_56_45_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190619_19_56_52_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190619_19_56_52_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190619_19_56_59_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190619_19_56_59_Pro (resized).jpg

#7958 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Anyone looking to sell a DI? I’m trying to sell a TWD Premium and seeking a DI

Interesting...I'm looking to sell my DILE and looking for a TWD Premium so there's that.....just you're a bit far.

Maybe we could find a delivery guy to cut a deal on the swap? Never tried that before but who knows.

#7959 4 years ago

So my friend is telling me the theatre mag should throw the ball around rather then just dropping it — is this true always or generally and how do you adjust it? I see a normal, partial, and test setting for it but that’s it. I thought I needed to crank the power up or something?

#7960 4 years ago

Addedum — I’m running 1.52 which is old apparently.. guessing that’s maybe some of the issue ..

#7961 4 years ago

In the theater test, adjust the setting to -90 or so and then test it in a game. You’ll find your best setting.

#7962 4 years ago

Anyone happen to know the screw they use to attach the moving target toy arms (QED lighting bolt guy) to the target assembly? Just noticed I'm missing one and can't locate the part in the manual. Can easily remove to find out but thought I could check here first before pulling it apart.

#7963 4 years ago

Page C-32 in the manual item 8
83-003104-04
Thread cutting screw

#7964 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Page C-32 in the manual item 8
83-003104-04
Thread cutting screw

Doh! Looks like I had an older PDF version of the manual that was missing that information . New manual on JJP website has the correct info on that page. Thanks!

#7965 4 years ago

Can someone explain the significance of the spider in this game? Ive never quite got how it ties in to the theme, but it must somehow..

#7966 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

So my friend is telling me the theatre mag should throw the ball around rather then just dropping it — is this true always or generally and how do you adjust it? I see a normal, partial, and test setting for it but that’s it. I thought I needed to crank the power up or something?

The game sometimes throws it, sometimes drops it. Usually when it drops, the mechanic moves to divert it from draining. I cannot remember the ones that make it throw. One for sure that always throws is the mystery award shot. If yours throws that one 100% of the time, then it is working as planned. Lots of common misconception about what is working and what isn't with that part of the game.

#7967 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Can someone explain the significance of the spider in this game? Ive never quite got how it ties in to the theme, but it must somehow..

At one time early on the QED guy was going to be an exterminator, the spider just survived somehow.

#7968 4 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

At one time early on the QED guy was going to be an exterminator, the spider just survived somehow.

Seriously? Sounds plausible ..

Also wondering about the 4 LEDs in the apron.. significance?

Is there a best way to feed the upper flipper for that SIM card shot? I do wish there was a setting to leave it lit between balls.. that’s rough to lose it

#7969 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Seriously? Sounds plausible ..
Also wondering about the 4 LEDs in the apron.. significance?
Is there a best way to feed the upper flipper for that SIM card shot? I do wish there was a setting to leave it lit between balls.. that’s rough to lose it

There is a setting to have the SIM card shot carry over from ball to ball. It’s in there.

#7970 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

There is a setting to have the SIM card shot carry over from ball to ball. It’s in there.

Yea!! Fixed that

Anyone know what turns the divertor on and off for the left ramp (the woman mechanic)

#7971 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Interesting...I'm looking to sell my DILE and looking for a TWD Premium so there's that.....just you're a bit far.
Maybe we could find a delivery guy to cut a deal on the swap? Never tried that before but who knows.

I sent you a PM

#7972 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Anyone know what turns the divertor on and off for the left ramp (the woman mechanic)

yes

mainly when LOCK is ready
but also when in monkey MB, or acid rain mode...

#7973 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes
mainly when LOCK is ready
but also when in monkey MB, or acid rain mode...

In extra difficult mode, that diverter is mostly down. Changes the whole dynamic of the game

#7974 4 years ago

Thanks! Will have to check settings, it seemed down more last night than it should be

#7975 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

#922 - 1.61 - ... After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown...

Quoted from RipleYYY:

i'm back...
scoring "only" 2M points while having reached showdown, there's clearly something i can't understand
could you explain your tactic please ?
even if i see only one, quite simple, as to go to showdown : need to complete all DIALED IN letters > than need to collect 8 SIM cards > than need to play AND complete the 8 modes (OK, or less as could light SIM cards other way, also didnt forget the BIG BANG) > and if you do all this, that means you have multiplicators +1 between each modes > that means collecting more big points... !!!???
just tried here, and i reached 2M points while still playing my ball 2 (+ 2 extra ball following) with : only DIAL letters collected (didnt miss a mode)
this game ended at 4M points, with DIALED letters collected...
my test game seems to copy/paste this video of reaching showdown (!!! spoiler !!! dont watch if you dont wanna know !!!) :
i call myself a good player, but may be i'm missing something here ?
tanx in advance for some more explanations

after your post, than my asking point, and still no reply from you, i just did a quick/easy test, while removing the glass i just hit with hands the needeed switches to : light the phone (QED guy), start the mode (phone scoop), hit needeed switches to complete the mode, collect SIM card (in SIM scoop)

of course lets add some points for some "missed" switches... but in the other way i did NOT play MBs, not collect jackpot, not play secondary missions...

with the result, i still really can't understand how you have done what you are saying !?
of course, situation may change a little while playing others modes, or by collecting SIM cards not directly after a mode ends... but...

ok than, here're these results :

mode 1 : acid rain, D, 270.xxx pts
mode 2 : alien invasion, DI, 587.xxx pts
mode 3 : whirlwind, DIA, 891.xxx pts
mode 4 : EMP, DIAL, 1.258.xxx pts
mode 5 : eruption, DIALE, 1.805.xxx pts
mode 6 : meteor storm, DIALED, 2.496.xxx pts
mode 7 : earthquake, DIALE I, 3.416.xxx pts
mode 8 : flash fire, DIALED IN, 4.287.xxx pts

that's than 4.287.xxx pts even before playing SHOWDOWN... !
and you say you've reached & played it, and finally score (only) 2M+ ... there's a bug somewhere

WP_20190622_10_56_02_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_10_56_02_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_10_56_10_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_10_56_10_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_11_00_28_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_11_00_28_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_11_00_34_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_11_00_34_Pro (resized).jpg
WP_20190622_11_00_38_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190622_11_00_38_Pro (resized).jpg

#7976 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and you say you've reached & played it, and finally score (only) 2M+ ... there's a bug somewhere

Isn't there a setting that gives you 4 sim cards at the start? That would explain it perfectly, and the stats would match up.

#7977 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

after your post, than my asking point, and still no reply from you, i just did a quick/easy test

...I may have missed-quoted the 2M+ and will post a pic of the score. How I got there, don't really remember. Machine is set in 'easy-difficulty' mode, several extra balls, big-bangs, and as MEuRaH states, multiple sim card awards.

#7978 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that's than 4.287.xxx pts even before playing SHOWDOWN... !
and you say you've reached & played it,

If you complete modes via big bang, you will not achieve the same point totals as if you hit the required shots to complete the modes as you did in your test.

#7979 4 years ago

Possible phone problem

It might be me getting paranoid, but when the phone mode it hit and the disaster mode is activated some times the characters mouth ( when speaking )
doesn’t move. Is this right ?

#7980 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Possible phone problem
It might be me getting paranoid, but when the phone mode it hit and the disaster mode is activated some times the characters mouth ( when speaking )
doesn’t move. Is this right ?

Sounds like you are running old code. The earlier versions didn't have all of the animations but now the characters are all animated and mouths move.

#7981 4 years ago

Hello
Iv just checked iam on version 1.52?
Some times the characters mouths open and sometimes not. What do you think.?

#7982 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hello
Iv just checked iam on version 1.52?
Some times the characters mouths open and sometimes not. What do you think.?

1.61 ist the current version. In 1.52 many of the animations are not implemented.

#7983 4 years ago

Thankyou for your help, please can you tell me how to update to the new code.
I have never done this before.
Thankyou Simon

#7984 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

...I may have missed-quoted the 2M+ and will post a pic of the score. How I got there, don't really remember. Machine is set in 'easy-difficulty' mode, several extra balls, big-bangs, and as MEuRaH states, multiple sim card awards.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Isn't there a setting that gives you 4 sim cards at the start? That would explain it perfectly, and the stats would match up.

my test was done on "easy", same as Nick
with the easiest setting on extra easy, you start with 2 SIM already collected

Quoted from RTS:

If you complete modes via big bang, you will not achieve the same point totals as if you hit the required shots to complete the modes as you did in your test.

that's also a parameter, i could retest with all the 8 modes beaten directly by a "bing bang" shoot, but OK will not do it

#7985 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Thankyou for your help, please can you tell me how to update to the new code.
I have never done this before.
Thankyou Simon

check the JJP site, nothing really complicated
in your case, small update from 1.52 to 1.57
or big the big one, must first go to 1.60 before going to 1.61

#7986 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

check the JJP site, nothing really complicated
in your case, small update from 1.52 to 1.57
or big the big one, must first go to 1.60 before going to 1.61

Some people have had issues with the newer 1.61 code, so I would suggest just going to 1.57 if it is still available. Then, wait for the next code update to update further, once they have worked the bugs out.

#7987 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Some people have had issues with the newer 1.61 code, so I would suggest just going to 1.57 if it is still available. Then, wait for the next code update to update further, once they have worked the bugs out.

I just went from 1.52 to 1.61 — what issues exist at 1.61 — game ending or crashing issues or just minor stuff?

#7988 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I just went from 1.52 to 1.61 — what issues exist at 1.61 — game ending or crashing issues or just minor stuff?

issue in 1.60 (& 1.61) are glitches (video & sounds are not well synchronize) in some animations
seems that this may vary from a pin to another !?

#7989 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

... so I would suggest just going to 1.57 if it is still available...

not more listed at JJP, but still online

http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

http://128.199.38.78/di/di_update_157.zip

#7990 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Quoted from RipleYYY:

issue in 1.60 (& 1.61) are glitches (video & sounds are not well synchronize) in some animations
seems that this may vary from a pin to another !?

This. If it hasn’t been an issue for you, then don’t worry about it.

#7991 4 years ago

I got to Armageddon on 1.57 and it froze on me. Is this issue resolved with the latest code?

#7992 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I got to Armageddon on 1.57 and it froze on me. Is this issue resolved with the latest code?

get it on 1.61, no prob here...

#7993 4 years ago

Just posted a WTB, in case anyone is thinking of leaving the club, or needs to make room for Willy Wonka, etc.

SOLD!
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a nice Dialed In LE. Would like to pay around $7000 -- I'm not in a huge rush, and I've seen a few in the condition I desire approaching this price. Dirty is OK, bu...”
2019-06-23
Atlanta, GA
Wanted
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 1818 times

#7994 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

My time wasn’t a huge deal, just a weekend ‘cruise’ lol. Gas was paid for by other party so I was really just out hotels which was fine.. went cheap as I could find. I wouldn’t have gone so far normally — but we worked out a trade +cash deal. Driving to pick up a pin is kinda an adventure I guess.. don’t mind it too much if I don’t have to miss work

what better way to see the countryside!!!

#7995 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what better way to see the countryside!!!

Indeed - saw a LOT of it wish I could have explored a bit off the hwy though. Next time

Quoted from Nokoro:

This. If it hasn’t been an issue for you, then don’t worry about it.

Thanks! Haven’t noticed anything yet

#7996 4 years ago

having some autoderision is nice in the pinball world...

who can do better than me ? i've just done this (including a 10.000 pts super skillshot !!!)

WP_20190623_20_58_12_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190623_20_58_12_Pro (resized).jpg

#7997 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

having some autoderision is nice in the pinball world...
who can do better than me ? i've just done this (including a 10.000 pts super skillshot !!!)
[quoted image]

You sir get a participation award!

#7998 4 years ago

Hello all, need help! The upper right flipper on my machine just started not going "back" all the way after I flip it. It and it only goes about half way back and sticks. The spring is still attached...

Any help/advice is hugely appreciated!

Jeff

Screen Shot 2019-06-23 at 6.01.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-23 at 6.01.29 PM (resized).png
#7999 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Any help/advice is hugely appreciated!

Coil stop screwed on tight ? Tiny bit of up/down play on flipper bat ? If you remove the plunger assembly does it wiggle freely ? Coil sleeve cracked or broken ?

Spring looks good and pawl isn't catching on the EOS.

LTG : )

#8000 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Coil stop screwed on tight ? Tiny bit of up/down play on flipper bat ? If you remove the plunger assembly does it wiggle freely ? Coil sleeve cracked or broken ?
Spring looks good and pawl isn't catching on the EOS.
LTG : )

Thanks as always Lloyd for the quick reply, you're the best. The coil stop was screwed on tight, the plunger had some wiggle, I removed the coil, didn't see the sleeve cracked or broken. When I took it off, there is still resistance for some reason...
IMG_1362 (resized).JPGIMG_1362 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/160?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.