IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 273.
#701 6 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I was wondering about this too. The BOB sign is attached at 3 points on to the plastic, the bottom two are screws, but the top one doesn’t lool like it would be so easy to take out. Anybody try that?

Those are small plastic "push rivets". Just use a small screwdriver to lift the head away from it's collar and they will come out. Very easy!

#702 6 years ago

Best game to date. Really enjoying this pin! So much fun!
*3 balls, factory settings.

IMG_20171009_173742983 (resized).jpgIMG_20171009_173742983 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171009_173739423 (resized).jpgIMG_20171009_173739423 (resized).jpg

#703 6 years ago

That's a nice score. Did you change settings to get combo score to record and is that just hitting loops?

Also can someone confirm what the theatre does if anything for shots when there is something visible?

#704 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a nice score. Did you change settings to get combo score to record and is that just hitting loops?
Also can someone confirm what the theatre does if anything for shots when there is something visible?

Factory settings, the only thing I changed was flipper settings: 23,23,20.
Those are consecutive combo's(loops & ramps).
You collect what is available in the theater (hurry ups, spiders, bonuses, drops, etc.). Tons of stuff to collect & score on in the theater. It's a major part of the pin.

#705 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Factory settings, the only thing I changed was flipper settings: 23,23,20.
Those are consecutive combo's(loops & ramps).
You collect what is available in the theater (hurry ups, spiders, bonuses, drops, etc.). Tons of stuff to collect & score on in the theater. It's a major part of the pin.

thanks - I feel like I need to check settings b/c I've hit a ton of combos but never asked to record initials. You didn't change anything to record it? Maybe I haven't hit enough? So combo is left ramp followed by right ramp or left loop?

As for theatre - I understand what there is to collect but is the magnet in effect when you pick them up? For example mine turns on for drops but not everything)

#706 6 years ago

Combos is not total combos made its number of combos made in sequence - and think Demo man - yellow arrow lights next hittable shots with yellow arrows then they flash and time out

#707 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - I feel like I need to check settings b/c I've hit a ton of combos but never asked to record initials. You didn't change anything to record it? Maybe I haven't hit enough? So combo is left ramp followed by right ramp or left loop?
As for theatre - I understand what there is to collect but is the magnet in effect when you pick them up? For example mine turns on for drops but not everything)

Combo's are only recorded consecutively, not total for the game. Any shot that has a corresponding "combo"(loops,ramps) lights yellow. So, my 11 Combo Champ score, was 11 Combos in a row.
The theater magnet activates for most modes, but not all. I'll keep track & post what modes.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You can also check your total combo count during a game in the info screen (holding flipper while cradling a ball). 25 total combos earns an extra ball; 100 earns another.

#709 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You can also check your total combo count during a game in the info screen (holding flipper while cradling a ball). 25 total combos earns an extra ball; 100 earns another.

I did not know that. Thank you.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Combo's are only recorded consecutively, not total for the game. Any shot that has a corresponding "combo"(loops,ramps) lights yellow. So, my 11 Combo Champ score, was 11 Combos in a row.
The theater magnet activates for most modes, but not all. I'll keep track & post what modes.

didn't even know about the yellow arrows....what is the default amount before you record name b/c I've def hit left ramp right ramp back to back 7 times and no opp to record...

btw - magnet def goes off during certain modes but I was curious about the drops that appear in the theatre itself.

#711 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

didn't even know about the yellow arrows....what is the default amount before you record name b/c I've def hit left ramp right ramp back to back 7 times and no opp to record...
btw - magnet def goes off during certain modes but I was curious about the drops that appear in the theatre itself.

The inserts light yellow & start to flicker as your time is about to expire before making the next consecutive combo.
You can check your game with the flipper buttons during attract mode. I think it's 5 out of the box.

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

The inserts light yellow & start to flicker as your time is about to expire before making the next consecutive combo.
You can check your game with the flipper buttons during attract mode. I think it's 5 out of the box.

got it. So 5 is default and 6 would get your initials? Again I think I hit 7 combos (left ramp into right loop and back to left ramp 7 times) and didn't get the initials. You didn't change any settings so you can record it? I might try it again tonight.

#713 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

got it. So 5 is default and 6 would get your initials? Again I think I hit 7 combos (left ramp into right loop and back to left ramp 7 times) and didn't get the initials. You didn't change any settings so you can record it? I might try it again tonight.

No, I didn't change anything but the flipper strength. 7 should have done it. I will say this, it's harder than you think. Especially if you are trying to get the combo champ. During my 2.4 million game is when I did it. I was just in the zone & railing shots one after another! lol

#714 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

There is also an audible cue as you progress within the same series of combo hits. The sound pitches higher and higher for each successful strike.

#715 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

There is also an audible cue as you progress within the same series of combo hits. The sound pitches higher and higher for each successful strike.

yep - that's what I heard when I did this initially (which is why I didn't even notice the yellow) i just went for that noise. I def got 6 in a row. hm....

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Your last sentence makes me think Dialed In might be a worthwhile game to own.
Hobbit didn't last very long with me.

Really.. You must be either a very different in what appeals to you in machine or perhaps be thinking I don't have a good feel for machines? Hopefully the former as I kinda tend to think I'm not too bad a judge machines after nearly 20 years in the hobby and owning 26 different titles. With DI, it's not a game play issue, it's a theming issue. Comparatively, the Hobbit really drew me in a lot further with the theme and the gameplay is hardly shoddy either frankly.

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Really.. You must be either a very different in what appeals to you in machine or perhaps be thinking I don't have a good feel for machines? Hopefully the former as I kinda tend to think I'm not too bad a judge machines after nearly 20 years in the hobby and owning 26 different titles. With DI, it's not a game play issue, it's a theming issue. Comparatively, the Hobbit really drew me in a lot further with the theme and the gameplay is hardly shoddy either frankly.

I just think it's a matter of taste. Not to say one is better than the other but DI is such an addictive pin. It really clicks for me with the amazing layout, look, feel - it has everything.

Hobbit is an absolute snooze fest for me. It's prob one of the prettiest machines but I actually LEFT the game two different times b/c it's so boring. Yes money left in the game, but after hitting the 10th pop target and getting my third MB I said I'm out and left.

Just diff in opinion although the market for the game has literally dropped out and I'm not surprised.

#718 6 years ago

the only issue with the machine is I'm already tiring of the theme itself, it's almost Sim City but not, just a bit random. I played a single game yesterday and didn't feel like another which isn't a great sign for me.

Just sell it now when you csn get a good price still. No one should have to own a machine they don't enjoy playing

#719 6 years ago

We just have a different opinion on what makes a good game.

A game with a great theme like Hobbit does not make it fun to play. It was a monotonous multi ball experience I really loved the LCD integration, but it still didn't make me wanna play it when I owned it.

A game with a stupid theme like Dialed In with good shots and rules will be more fun to actually play for me.

#720 6 years ago

A new friend. #132 arrives.

C77FEED7-58D6-4191-B8CE-59E7E8503A5F (resized).jpegC77FEED7-58D6-4191-B8CE-59E7E8503A5F (resized).jpeg

233927C1-B771-40E1-B6C1-043363DDF60C (resized).jpeg233927C1-B771-40E1-B6C1-043363DDF60C (resized).jpeg

C6B68C0B-3714-4284-BC24-8D517243D076 (resized).jpegC6B68C0B-3714-4284-BC24-8D517243D076 (resized).jpeg

D5019A53-D8D6-48DE-91C9-AB75449DC974 (resized).jpegD5019A53-D8D6-48DE-91C9-AB75449DC974 (resized).jpeg

6DEC886C-FEF5-46FC-80B9-CC919AAC55C9 (resized).jpeg6DEC886C-FEF5-46FC-80B9-CC919AAC55C9 (resized).jpeg

022EC4E9-32AA-45D2-99C7-6930C9D3D9EC (resized).jpeg022EC4E9-32AA-45D2-99C7-6930C9D3D9EC (resized).jpeg

#721 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

We just have a different opinion on what makes a good game.
A game with a great theme like Hobbit does not make it fun to play. It was a monotonous multi ball experience I really loved the LCD integration, but it still didn't make me wanna play it when I owned it.
A game with a stupid theme like Dialed In with good shots and rules will be more fun to actually play for me.

I absolutely love my Hobbit game...its not monotonous at all, and is incredibly well thought out. I feel the same about my WOZ, and DI LE...they are all very different games so not sure how you can even compare...

#722 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I absolutely love my Hobbit game...its not monotonous at all, and is incredibly well thought out. I feel the same about my WOZ, and DI LE...they are all very different games so not sure how you can even compare...

I agree they are all very different games, but I can still compare them.

For me, Woz is fun and TH isn't fun. We can't all like the same stuff, but I do like a lot of games in your collection just not TH.

#723 6 years ago

OK so the update is we've learned people like diff'rent games... Glad we're all caught up

#724 6 years ago

Chris sighting!! Congrats on 132 my friend. Why no topper? It will have lighting support soon. Are you going to Expo, IAAPA or Free Play Florida? I’ll be at all three again this year. Can’t wait for you to publish dvd volume four!

#725 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Chris sighting!! Congrats on 132 my friend. Why no topper? It will have lighting support soon. Are you going to Expo, IAAPA or Free Play Florida? I’ll be at all three again this year. Can’t wait for you to publish dvd volume four!

LE doesn't come with topper. Speaking of can we buy that separately now and will lighting be CE exclusive or will it work with le?

#726 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

LE doesn't come with topper. Speaking of can we buy that separately now and will lighting be CE exclusive or will it work with le?

The topper will not be available to purchase separately.

#727 6 years ago

and CE's have exclusive dongles that identify them as CEs like LE and 75th WOZ and Smaug, LE and BASE Hobbits

#728 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

A new friend. #132 arrives.

Congrats Chris! Hope to see one of your legendary unboxing video hitting the youtubes!

#729 6 years ago

As time passes I'm learning to not automatically pass on a pin because the theme doesn't appeal to me.

Dialed In has to be one of the most fun pins I've ever played and I'm proud to own it. This is coming from a guy (me) that saw DI revealed last year at Expo and concluded that I would have ZERO interest in even plunging a ball because the cell phone theme was "stupid". Well now this "stupid" pin is rocking my gameroom and is a favorite of friends and family members. I learned a great lesson.

PS...Baywatch is another sneaky great pin with a theme that doesn't appeal to the majority!

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

As time passes I'm learning to not automatically pass on a pin because the theme doesn't appeal to me.
Dialed In has to be one of the most fun pins I've ever played and I'm proud to own it. This is coming from a guy (me) that saw DI revealed last year at Expo and concluded that I would have ZERO interest in even plunging a ball because the cell phone theme was "stupid". Well now this "stupid" pin is rocking my gameroom and is a favorite of friends and family members. I learned a great lesson.
PS...Baywatch is another sneaky great pin with a theme that doesn't appeal to the majority!

This exactly. Count me in as someone dead wrong about the game!

#731 6 years ago

Fell in love with this game. Definitely want one. Wish I had the pin funds.

#732 6 years ago

Question for owners. I'm considering buying a LE, but wondered about the following:

1) Does the game have depth?
2) Does it have an achievable wizard mode (unlike LOTR and TSPP)?
3) What is the build quality like?
4) Is it a family friendly game in respect to gameplay?
5) I notice that you can opt for a playfield protector. Is this Cliffy's?

Thanks

#733 6 years ago

Playfield protector is the full playfield plastic one the same way WOZ and hobbit had as an option. Sim hole and phone scoop get metal protectors automatically every DI built until the end. I think the wizard mode is achievable imho.

#734 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Question for owners. I'm considering buying a LE, but wondered about the following:
Thanks

1. Yes, but not as much as WoZ.
2. Two, actually. Armageddon, where you do the disasters but don't collect all the SIM cards, and Showdown, where you have finished all disasters and collected all SIM cards. Armageddon is achievable within the first few weeks if you play a lot and are a reasonable player. Showdown is MUCH harder and more of a long-term goal.
3. Build quality is the best out there right now.
4. Yes.
5. Not sure if you're talking about the full playfield mylar protector (which I think is overkill and ruins the look of the PF after a short time), or the hole protectors for the SIM and Phone holes. JJP is supplying protectors for the two holes now, but I and others still feel the Cliffys are better.

#735 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1. Yes, but not as much as WoZ.
2. Two, actually. Armageddon, where you do the disasters but don't collect all the SIM cards, and Showdown, where you have finished all disasters and collected all SIM cards. Armageddon is achievable within the first few weeks if you play a lot and are a reasonable player. Showdown is MUCH harder and more of a long-term goal.
3. Build quality is the best out there right now.
4. Yes.
5. Not sure if you're talking about the full playfield mylar protector (which I think is overkill and ruins the look of the PF after a short time), or the hole protectors for the SIM and Phone holes. JJP is supplying protectors for the two holes now, but I and others still feel the Cliffys are better.

Do the games now come with the hole protectors installed?

I don't see Dialed In protectors on Cliffy's site. What does his set include?

#736 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

The CE are shipping with them, pretty sure they're rolling their protectors out to all of them now.

Cliff's set comes with SIM hole, phone hole, shooter lane, and two rollover protectors, though I think you can just ask for the hole protectors by themselves.

#737 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Yes, installed at the factory. Cliffy has been way behind on DI sets owing to the huge demand. He has a $100 or so full set with a tee shirt, inlane protectors for ball drops, both scoops and shooter lane. Just email Cliff directly and he'll take your order that way, but the factory now has both scoops covered.

#738 6 years ago

Yes, installed at the factory. Cliffy has been way behind on DI sets owing to the huge demand. He has a $100 or so full set with a tee shirt, inlane protectors for ball drops, both scoops and shooter lane. Just email Cliff directly and he'll take your order that way, but the factory now has both scoops covered.

Cliff's sets include T-shirts? I never got one!

#739 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cliff's sets include T-shirts? I never got one!

If and only if you pass the $100 full set with everything level I believe. I got his white one anyway with my stuff.

#740 6 years ago

If and only if you pass the $100 full set with everything level I believe. I got his white one anyway with my stuff.

DIALED-IN-FULL SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:

Phone and SIM scoops, Skill shot slot, 2 switch slots and 2pc shooter eject protector set $109....well worth the investment

#741 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

DIALED-IN-FULL SET INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
Phone and SIM scoops, Skill shot slot, 2 switch slots and 2pc shooter eject protector set $109....well worth the investment

Seems people have more faith in the Cliffy scoop protectors versus what JJP is installing?

#742 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Seems people have more faith in the Cliffy scoop protectors versus what JJP is installing?

He makes a quality product

#743 6 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

He makes a quality product

So installing the Cliffy scoop protector is advised even though JJP puts one in?

Any issues with playfield chipping, ghosting, etc?

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks

1. As much depth as I've seen in a machine in a _long_ time. Also, a nice _variety_ in the depth - the disasters are spread around to _all_ the playfield shots, and even the basic features (like LOCKs) ramp up nicely in difficulty as the game progresses.
2. Two, as stated elsewhere: Armageddon, reached by playing (not necessarily finishing) all disasters, and Showdown, reached by collecting 8 SIM cards (not necessarily all disasters, although getting 8 of the first 13 finished and SIM'd is a mean feat). Both are difficult but absolutely achievable.
3. Excellent. I had a couple of minor issues at first, but the game's been solid for a month now.
4. The only thing I've noticed that's _not_ 100% family friendly would be a couple of _slightly_ suggestive comments from "Anita Goodman" during the WHIRLWIND disaster - two about getting her skirt blown up, and one about showing you _her_ "warm front". There's _nothing_ even slightly risque other than that.
5. (answered fully before)

Added over 6 years ago: EDIT: should be "8 of the first 10 finished" above, not 13.

#745 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

2. Two, as stated elsewhere: Armageddon, reached by playing (not necessarily finishing) all disasters, and Showdown, reached by collecting 8 SIM cards (not necessarily all disasters, although getting 8 of the first 13 finished and SIM'd is a mean feat). Both are difficult but absolutely achievable.

If I am not mistaken, there are a couple other ways to earn/collect SIM cards outside of completing disasters. I saw them when I was looking through the settings in the DI manual, but I forget what they are now.

#746 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If I am not mistaken, there are a couple other ways to earn/collect SIM cards outside of completing disasters. I saw them when I was looking through the settings in the DI manual, but I forget what they are now.

I've earned them from completing the objectives on Bob's Crazy MB Modes, such as sneaking three jackpot balls past Betty or hitting QED guy 15 times.

#747 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Thanks

1) Incredible depth. ALL of the modes feel different, & are a blast to try to accomplish. You then need to collect the SIM Card before you drain a ball to achieve max points(multiplier). Add the "Big Bang" targets(light Big Bang, & Big Bang) to the Sim Card shot & reward, it gives each mode several layers. Really cool coding to do this, & the shots are all fun! It puts a lot of pressure on you to make that Sim Card shot. Reminds me of the scoop on Metallica when CIU is lit.

2) Detailed above perfectly by Vireland.

3) I literally laughed out loud when I unboxed it. My reaction was comparing it to the several Stern's I have bought & played over the last 2 years. The difference is literally laughable! It's like comparing a Lexus(JJP) to a Yugo (Stern).

4) Yes. My kids(15,14,12) love it! I've owned a lot of different pins over the years, & this is by far their favorite.

5) My LE came with the phone & sim card protectors installed at the factory. I had ordered the full Cliffy set when I ordered the pin. The JJP protectors look good & protect the holes well. The Sim Card protector from Cliffy goes all the way around the hole. The JJP one covers the front, left & right sides, not the back.

Overall. I couldn't be happier with this pin. It is a ton fun, it's loaded with toys & shots, & is build like a dream. It's pricey. Comparing it to Stern LE, it looks like a bargain!

#748 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

1) Incredible depth. ALL of the modes feel different, & are a blast to try to accomplish. You then need to collect the SIM Card before you drain a ball to achieve max points(multiplier). Add the "Big Bang" targets(light Big Bang, & Big Bang) to the Sim Card shot & reward, it gives each mode several layers. Really cool coding to do this, & the shots are all fun! It puts a lot of pressure on you to make that Sim Card shot. Reminds me of the scoop on Metallica when CIU is lit.
2) Detailed above perfectly by Vireland.
3) I literally laughed out loud when I unboxed it. My reaction was comparing it to the several Stern's I have bought & played over the last 2 years. The difference is literally laughable! It's like comparing a Lexus(JJP) to a Yugo (Stern).
4) Yes. My kids(15,14,12) love it! I've owned a lot of different pins over the years, & this is by far their favorite.
5) My LE came with the phone & sim card protectors installed at the factory. I had ordered the full Cliffy set when I ordered the pin. The JJP protectors look good & protect the holes well. The Sim Card protector from Cliffy goes all the way around the hole. The JJP one covers the front, left & right sides, not the back.
Overall. I couldn't be happier with this pin. It is a ton fun, it's loaded with toys & shots, & is build like a dream. It's pricey. Comparing it to Stern LE, it looks like a bargain!

Man, you guys are making this tempting!

Are there a lot of multiballs in the game?

#749 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Are there a lot of multiballs in the game?

Yes. There's the main multiball (LOCKs, then scoop, with the # of LOCKs required increasing as the game wears on), and then there are _three_ different 2-ball "quick" multiballs via BOB.

...and yes, you can stack them, with each other or with disasters.

#750 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

So installing the Cliffy scoop protector is advised even though JJP puts one in?
Any issues with playfield chipping, ghosting, etc?

Thats what I did...zero chipping or ghosting...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/15?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.