IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 273.
#7901 4 years ago

Hey DI fans. So I just left Modern Pinball (highly recommended) in Manhattan and played four games on DI. Had the top four daily scores (funny) but of course I own the game. It was constantly being played btw.

It was set steep (2nd bar), had old code (1.50 MAYBE?). But what I LOVED was what I always envisioned in my game at home. When you hit the center ramp from the upper right flipper... when the ball comes down to my lower left flipper it was like BUTTAH to crank it back up the right loop. Almost automated. Mine is rare.

How do yours play? I’m thinking about making some adjustments. Possibly moving my rail so it dumps the ball SLIGHTLY more towards the center of the flipper (vs the tip).

Curious to see what you all say...

Scores ranged from 289 to 430k(last game). I was at 15k going into final ball and finished two modes, one SIM card collected and one Big Bang. The patrons were in awe.

MAGICAL GAME. UNDERRATED.

#7902 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This applies to the phone scoop as well.

Any idea on rough build dates for the changes?

#7903 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Any idea on rough build dates for the changes?

I believe the actual cliffys were used starting in January or February 2018 roughly. Not sure about the earlier dates but JJP could tell you.

#7904 4 years ago

Mine was made January 2018. Any pics of the differences? My phone scoop protector has like a dip on the front, and not entirely covered like a normal cliffy. Is this the jjp version? I don't have too much trouble hitting the shot?

#7905 4 years ago

I have a lot of trouble making phone shot on my ce . I’ll try putting that Velcro as user suggested above . I may contact jjp and see what they say

#7906 4 years ago

If you have the older thicker protector and want the newer thinner Cliffy JJP will send it to you.

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

If you have the older thicker protector and want the newer thinner Cliffy JJP will send it to you.

is it hard to install?

#7908 4 years ago

You may want to try turning down the flipper power also to see how that works. I had the thick "cliffys" from JJP on my first DILE, stopped having trouble once I dialed down the power just a tad. I was still able to make the right ramp shot relatively easy also after this adjustment

#7909 4 years ago

Mine was built 9/26/2017 and I received it in October 2017, it had JJP protectors. JJ sent me a set of real Cliffys after I requested them probably in January 2018.

#7910 4 years ago

another good news, about code suggestions we had here few ago, as i just got a more than positive answer email from Ted...

#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

another good news, about code suggestions we had here few ago, as i just got a more than positive answer email from Ted...

Anything you can share?

#7912 4 years ago

well, Ted could say it himself, he's active here (tanx God)
but OK, to answer you, lets say Ted is listening to us...

just a reminder of our ideas (also added the last one from my son) :

- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- making ball search routine starting with the QED guy
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others
- erratic coils power in 1.61
- actually : when having ATTACK MB available, we can delay it while flipping 2 time, thats nice
but when losing the ball, ATTACK MB became active again at the start of the next ball : than same logical/tactic/idea, would be nice to have the possibility to chose to double-flip to delay it again (and than go to start the next mode, while of course the MB become ready again as soon after) >>> of course, doing this will remove the risk/reward feature, as all "players" will delay MB to start a mode before...

#7913 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, Ted could say it himself, he's active here (tanx God)
but OK, to answer you, lets say Ted is listening to us...
just a reminder of our ideas (also added the last one from my son) :
- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- making ball search routine starting with the QED guy
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others
- erratic coils power in 1.61
- actually : when having ATTACK MB available, we can delay it while flipping 2 time, thats nice
but when losing the ball, ATTACK MB became active again at the start of the next ball : than same logical/tactic/idea, would be nice to have the possibility to chose to double-flip to delay it again (and than go to start the next mode, while of course the MB become ready again as soon after) >>> of course, doing this will remove the risk/reward feature, as all "players" will delay MB to start a mode before...

All great suggestions!
Thanks for taking the time to spearhead this.

#7914 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Hey DI fans. So I just left Modern Pinball (highly recommended) in Manhattan and played four games on DI. Had the top four daily scores (funny) but of course I own the game. It was constantly being played btw.
It was set steep (2nd bar), had old code (1.50 MAYBE?). But what I LOVED was what I always envisioned in my game at home. When you hit the center ramp from the upper right flipper... when the ball comes down to my lower left flipper it was like BUTTAH to crank it back up the right loop. Almost automated. Mine is rare.
How do yours play?

Mine plays like the one you witnessed. I've had it in two locations, both private, and the setup has been slightly different each time based on difficulty, but buttery smooth shots none the less.

Not sure why yours wouldn't play that way tbh... maybe tilting too much left or right?

#7915 4 years ago

Thanks. I’ll play with my set up a bit and report back. Thanks for the validation.

#7916 4 years ago

Interesting night I had. Was going to play golf but walked by the pins and said, hell, I have time for one quick game...

Reached Armageddon for the first time ever!! What a rush... Then something odd happened...

(On code 1.57)

I'm playing Armageddon MB, balls draining/getting launched again...then the game freezes. I have two balls locked in the station, Shoot Again is flashing, the music is still playing but the flippers are dead. I thought, maybe this is how the game ends when you get to this mode? No, that can't be it. I let it sit like this for about 5minutes. Nothing is resetting, no ball search..nothing.
I take the glass off and put a ball into the shooter lane. Launches..still nothing. Swithces/flippers/pops...nothing working. I then pull the balls locked in the Station into the trough. Flippers start working. Yay. I have one ball cradled so I start playing and everything suddenly works. Then it launches a second ball.. Uh oh. One of those balls drains and game officially over.
Very odd. I'm not sure if this is a code glitch or a one time occurrence.
To top it off, I'm texting a friend while this is happening and I forget to add my initials for high score and no picture. Doh!

DI (resized).jpegDI (resized).jpegDI2 (resized).jpegDI2 (resized).jpegDI3 (resized).jpegDI3 (resized).jpeg
#7917 4 years ago

I wanna say this is a reported bug in v1.57 but I could be mistaken. I hope we see another update soon!

#7918 4 years ago

Anyone heard of this happening on 1.57 before?

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I finally made it to Armageddon after owning game for a year.
Anyway I was kicking ass and all of sudden it just quit the Armageddon mode and went to a single ball start up.By the way is this the last of the wizard modes?

#7920 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I finally made it to Armageddon after owning game for a year.
Anyway I was kicking ass and all of sudden it just quit the Armageddon mode and went to a single ball start up.By the way is this the last of the wizard modes?

no

showdown is the big wizard mode (collecting all DIALED IN letters)

#7921 4 years ago

Good I have something to go on living for!

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Interesting night I had. Was going to play golf but walked by the pins and said, hell, I have time for one quick game...
Reached Armageddon for the first time ever!! What a rush... Then something odd happened...
(On code 1.57)
I'm playing Armageddon MB, balls draining/getting launched again...then the game freezes. I have two balls locked in the station, Shoot Again is flashing, the music is still playing but the flippers are dead. I thought, maybe this is how the game ends when you get to this mode? No, that can't be it. I let it sit like this for about 5minutes. Nothing is resetting, no ball search..nothing.
I take the glass off and put a ball into the shooter lane. Launches..still nothing. Swithces/flippers/pops...nothing working. I then pull the balls locked in the Station into the trough. Flippers start working. Yay. I have one ball cradled so I start playing and everything suddenly works. Then it launches a second ball.. Uh oh. One of those balls drains and game officially over.
Very odd. I'm not sure if this is a code glitch or a one time occurrence.
To top it off, I'm texting a friend while this is happening and I forget to add my initials for high score and no picture. Doh![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Heck that’s too bad, I’ve never got that deep into the game yet but would hate to get there and have such a glitch.

#7923 4 years ago

*spoiler if you haven't made it to Showdown yet, proceed with caution*

Is there an "ending" to Showdown? Once the mystery boss's energy level is fully depleted, it just ends. The city goes back to normal and you continue your MB until you are down to one ball.

Am I doing something wrong?

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Same thing happened to me. Very sad day in the game room. Hopefully it's been reported. For the record, I did not report as I'm not running the most current software.

#7925 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is there an "ending" to Showdown? Once the mystery boss's energy level is fully depleted, it just ends. The city goes back to normal and you continue your MB until you are down to one ball.

Yeah, it definitely feels unfinished. Hopefully a future code release addresses that.

#7926 4 years ago

It would still be cool to see more humorous references to Pat‘s older games like the appearance of Red or similar!

#7927 4 years ago

At 1.57, I feel it’s 100% complete. Any additional polish is just GRAAAAVY at this stage. There’s literally nothing more I could personally ask of the game. I’m sure they’re some nuances I could point out if I tried hard enough...

#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The only way I'll ever see Showdown, is by watching it on a Youtube video.

#7929 4 years ago

Need some help!

I Have a switch error that keeps the trap door open during game play once I trigger it. During test mode, it will not release the trap door unless the door is already down. Once I bring it up, it becomes stuck.

I see where the switch is mapped out in the diag menu, but can’t seem to find the switch.

EBAF3967-FDC1-43C9-8F2D-73FCDEB517E7 (resized).jpegEBAF3967-FDC1-43C9-8F2D-73FCDEB517E7 (resized).jpeg
#7930 4 years ago

Never mind.... I was looking for a literal switch, when it’s really an opto. Gonna be a bitch putting it back

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7931 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

At 1.57, I feel it’s 100% complete. Any additional polish is just GRAAAAVY at this stage. There’s literally nothing more I could personally ask of the game. I’m sure they’re some nuances I could point out if I tried hard enough...

Absolutely needs the changeable Bob targets. It's the last "need" rule to complete the game. After that, gravy.

#7932 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Absolutely needs the changeable Bob targets. It's the last "need" rule to complete the game. After that, gravy.

That, plus those other 10 things on that list it sounds like? And a fix to the issue at the wizard mode?

#7933 4 years ago

just found something new about code (1.61)

i thought all modes were "timed rule", but just found ERUPTION is not

had 5 modes played, than start ERUPTION as the 6th one, was on last ball, than craddle ball on a flipper and was waiting it finish by himself (to shoot phone & start CHAOS)

"hurry up points" were decreasing (in this case its not time, but points) until it reached 400 points, and than nothing happend, mode didnt end by itself, it does when i decided to play the ball and do some switches on the PF...

not sure if this is intended or a bug !?

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just found something new about code (1.61)
i thought all modes were "timed rule", but just found ERUPTION is not
had 5 modes played, than start ERUPTION as the 6th one, was on last ball, than craddle ball on a flipper and was waiting it finish by himself (to shoot phone & start CHAOS)
"hurry up points" were decreasing (in this case its not time, but points) until it reached 400 points, and than nothing happend, mode didnt end by itself, it does when i decided to play the ball and do some switches on the PF...
not sure if this is intended or a bug !?

As intended. The Hurry Up establishes the points for each shot. After you make the theater shot (which establishes your point value) then the timer starts. I believe....

#7935 4 years ago

1660 miles this weekend solo drive.. made it home intact and I’m joining the club for a while

72BBC74C-3A1A-477C-A472-290E7AB681FC (resized).jpeg72BBC74C-3A1A-477C-A472-290E7AB681FC (resized).jpegEF8DB58B-E676-4D9C-8CB8-B054C506A223 (resized).jpegEF8DB58B-E676-4D9C-8CB8-B054C506A223 (resized).jpeg
#7936 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

As intended. The Hurry Up establishes the points for each shot. After you make the theater shot (which establishes your point value) then the timer starts. I believe....

ha yes, never see it as it, more than logical, will check
anyway, just retried the previous thing, and after waiting (looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong), the mode ends

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

1660 miles this weekend solo drive.. made it home intact and I’m joining the club for a while

enjoy !

#7938 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

and BINGO, checked already lol, you're right, hurry up start at 7.000 (to 400 than), followed by the timer after 1st theatre shoot

anyway, still have too wait a very long time when doing as i've explained (0 shoot than), but let's deal with it...

#7939 4 years ago

Anyone looking to sell a DI? I’m trying to sell a TWD Premium and seeking a DI

#7940 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

I, but i am in spain,

I have new in box le

#7941 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

1660 miles this weekend solo drive.. made it home intact and I’m joining the club for a while [quoted image][quoted image]

1660 miles?!? After factoring in gas and time, I hope you got a hell of a deal on it!

#7942 4 years ago

#922 - 1.61 - Been playing DI now for two months, usually getting destroyed and somewhat frustrated over very brief ball times and killer SDTM drains.
I decided to follow some advise from this thread and set up the machine for player-friendly operation - 6.5 pitch, flipper strengths, and 'easy-difficulty' mode. Left 3-ball active.
After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown.
My questions:
Is there a source of information or can someone explain these advanced modes, what to expect and what to achieve? PM me if necessary.
I must say, didn't quite know what was happening in this specific mode other than it appears as the player is now observing the control room of Quantum Electric Co.? What is this about? The fast pace, constant feed of multiball's is incredible!

I've got to say, DI is by far the most advanced pinball machine I've ever played in four decades. Seriously, this machine is absolutely awesome in every aspect - cool, original theme (though I still don't thoroughly understand it), code/modes, toys, graphics, quality of audio, shaker integration, call-out's, and especially the lighting. The lighting-blows me away!
I love my AFMr-LE, but DI is in a league of its own and certainly justifies its price tag.
What a product!

#7943 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

1660 miles?!? After factoring in gas and time, I hope you got a hell of a deal on it!

My time wasn’t a huge deal, just a weekend ‘cruise’ lol. Gas was paid for by other party so I was really just out hotels which was fine.. went cheap as I could find. I wouldn’t have gone so far normally — but we worked out a trade +cash deal. Driving to pick up a pin is kinda an adventure I guess.. don’t mind it too much if I don’t have to miss work

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

...and 'easy-difficulty' mode. Left 3-ball active. After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown....

2M score and made it to showdown !? seems the easy mode is way to... easy

will give it a look/try

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Being a current owner of dialed in, and a previous owner of twd premium, I advise you to keep that if you can. Dilaed in is AMAZING but so is twd.

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Being a current owner of dialed in, and a previous owner of twd premium, I advise you to keep that if you can. Dilaed in is AMAZING but so is twd.

Good to know...I just almost never play it anymore. I just got my first JJP last ween (POTC) and I’m very impressed. Figured I’d try another JJP

#7947 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

#922 - 1.61 - Been playing DI now for two months, usually getting destroyed and somewhat frustrated over very brief ball times and killer SDTM drains.
I decided to follow some advise from this thread and set up the machine for player-friendly operation - 6.5 pitch, flipper strengths, and 'easy-difficulty' mode. Left 3-ball active.
After two weeks on these settings, I achieved a 2M+ score and made it to Showdown.
My questions:
Is there a source of information or can someone explain these advanced modes, what to expect and what to achieve? PM me if necessary.
I must say, didn't quite know what was happening in this specific mode other than it appears as the player is now observing the control room of Quantum Electric Co.? What is this about? The fast pace, constant feed of multiball's is incredible!
I've got to say, DI is by far the most advanced pinball machine I've ever played in four decades. Seriously, this machine is absolutely awesome in every aspect - cool, original theme (though I still don't thoroughly understand it), code/modes, toys, graphics, quality of audio, shaker integration, call-out's, and especially the lighting. The lighting-blows me away!
I love my AFMr-LE, but DI is in a league of its own and certainly justifies its price tag.
What a product!

Tried the low pitch and couldn't handle it. My games must be jacked for speed, and I find the game plays waaaay better. For new to moderate players, this game requires quite a bit of practice as DI has unique shots and rebounds that can be lethal, not to mention JJP's unique (good) flipper feel. My only issue with the machine (and you've all heard this way too many times, I know) is the BOB targets. I die 80% of the time via left drains, expecially with the new Q.E.D. guy behaviour pushing the ball to the left quite often. When I cannot relight kickback because of a nearly impossible shot, I know it's just a matter of time. This is super frustrating, so much to the point that I was considering selling. This is supposedly on the next code list, so I'll hold out. I've made armageddon twice, and I've almost made showdown a few times. Left drain prevents showdown for me.

#7948 4 years ago

Wonder why? Mine isn't left drain happy.

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Tried the low pitch and couldn't handle it. My games must be jacked for speed, and I find the game plays waaaay better. For new to moderate players, this game requires quite a bit of practice as DI has unique shots and rebounds that can be lethal, not to mention JJP's unique (good) flipper feel. My only issue with the machine (and you've all heard this way too many times, I know) is the BOB targets. I die 80% of the time via left drains, expecially with the new Q.E.D. guy behaviour pushing the ball to the left quite often. When I cannot relight kickback because of a nearly impossible shot, I know it's just a matter of time. This is super frustrating, so much to the point that I was considering selling. This is supposedly on the next code list, so I'll hold out. I've made armageddon twice, and I've almost made showdown a few times. Left drain prevents showdown for me.

I wonder if there is a way to turn off the QED guy from moving when you hit the theatre. I wasn't having problems with drains before, but it does cause some now. I should check settings.

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I wonder if there is a way to turn off the QED guy from moving when you hit the theatre. I wasn't having problems with drains before, but it does cause some now. I should check settings.

Last time I checked he is either on or off. That's it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/159?hl=mageek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.