IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 273.
#7851 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are missing one.
LTG : )

Better?

IMG_20190601_212612 (resized).jpgIMG_20190601_212612 (resized).jpg
#7852 4 years ago

Perfect.

Thank you !

#7853 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's kind of meaningless, it worked for me using my android phone, but I never used it. All you can do is flip with it, not very fun and just gimmicky.

IMO I would like to see it as a default center button. As I recall, the idea was you would put your phone where the 4 Leda are located. When it worked you could he the Big Bang button and it would be like hitting the target. Have the app have a couple of choices, keep it like it is and have an alternative version where you can collect either big bang or sim shots. Obviously make the ability to collect the shots via phone different that just lighting it on the playfield.

#7854 4 years ago

This game has been beating me up all week to the point where I was ready to kick it to the curb.

Then, just now, I had my best game of 2,003,530. Was one mode away from Armageddon. I had only collected one SIM card and had left 4 others stranded. Still, what a rush!

#7855 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This game has been beating me up all week to the point where I was ready to kick it to the curb.
Then, just now, I had my best game of 2,003,530. Was one mode away from Armageddon. I had only collected one SIM card and had left 4 others stranded. Still, what a rush!

That's why this is a great game!

#7856 4 years ago

A few nights ago. The joys of being able to play at home

61D29E05-46E3-4BB4-B5D7-0D8C64F766DD (resized).jpeg61D29E05-46E3-4BB4-B5D7-0D8C64F766DD (resized).jpeg
#7857 4 years ago

That's an awesome score. It looks like you'll be stuck with that pic for awhile.

#7858 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

That's an awesome score. It looks like you'll be stuck with that pic for awhile.

Yeh, I always wear a shirt now. Had a pic like that for a while. I got some strange looks. I think they wanted to sterilise the game before they played.

#7859 4 years ago

Lots of super low ratings with no comments in the last month or so made this one drop in the ratings. Odd that they wont add comments as to why they don't like it.

#7860 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Lots of super low ratings with no comments in the last month or so made this one drop in the ratings. Odd that they wont add comments as to why they don't like it.

Yep its bs that people do this but it happens a lot... especially with this title it seems.... mostly bc of the theme . Its a great pin and sld be in top 8 easily imo

#7861 4 years ago

Dude the game is amazing. I honestly don't understand why people don't like the theme. This game has it all.

#7862 4 years ago

I looked at the ratings without comments and yea....really a 2.9 and 5's without comment!?! I respect people opinions but no way is this a sub 7 game....even if you hated it. I mean look at games games with a sub 350 ranking...are still in the 5's. Thunderbirds is holding on to last place at #368 with a score of 4.45. I guess with any hobby you have to deal with "them". Update: I flagged some of the ratings as bogus.

#7863 4 years ago

DI has great theme integration that gets you immersed in the game. Honestly, its a breath of fresh air compared to all the rock and superhero pins.
Smooth as butter....

#7864 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We had a few DI at the NW Pinball And Arcade Show this past weekend in a couple lineups with new games like Oktoberfest, POTC, Alice Cooper, MMRM, AFMRM. There were many times I'd walk by and there were lines for everything else but DI was sitting unplayed. It is a hard game to step up to and know what the heck is going on. I've had one for a couple weeks now and I am still pretty lost, other than knowing to hit the electric guy then the phone to start a mode.

#7865 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

We had a few DI at the NW Pinball And Arcade Show this past weekend in a couple lineups with new games like Oktoberfest, POTC, Alice Cooper, MMRM, AFMRM. There were many times I'd walk by and there were lines for everything else but DI was sitting unplayed. It is a hard game to step up to and know what the heck is going on. I've had one for a couple weeks now and I am still pretty lost, other than knowing to hit the electric guy then the phone to start a mode.

It’s actually really simple to understand, like you said, hit qed guy, hit scoop, start mode. Finush mode and collect the SIM card. Spell dialed in with collected SIM cards and you get to wizard mode. In between all that, there are other crazy bobs modes and multiballs.

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s actually really simple to understand, like you said, hit qed guy, hit scoop, start mode. Finush mode and collect the SIM card. Spell dialed in with collected SIM cards and you get to wizard mode. In between all that, there are other crazy bobs modes and multiballs.

That helps a lot, thanks @lermods.

#7867 4 years ago

rules flowchart : https://scontent.fbru3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27971878_1870098726342048_7922805187565002305_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fbru3-1.fna&oh=d462f1bb34bfd27e79770be4fb0de41f&oe=5D5673C7

in fact, its very easy to understand, it came quickly by simply playing it...
but OK, sometimes lots of things going on in the same time

#7868 4 years ago

The screen on my phone is starting to flicker on and off. Loose connection? Where should I look first?

#7869 4 years ago

how much is your hi-score while losing points after tilting ?

just done 597.000 ... seems not bad heh

#7870 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The screen on my phone is starting to flicker on and off. Loose connection? Where should I look first?

I would check if there's a loose connection. The vibrations in the game can cause the set screws for the plug to work loose. You should be able to access it without having to move anything out of the way.

If it's snug on the back of the phone, I would check the other end too.

If that doesn't work, I would swap it with the theater screen to see if the flickering follows the cable, or stays with the display.

#7871 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would check if there's a loose connection. The vibrations in the game can cause the set screws for the plug to work loose. You should be able to access it without having to move anything out of the way.
If it's snug on the back of the phone, I would check the other end too.
If that doesn't work, I would swap it with the theater screen to see if the flickering follows the cable, or stays with the display.

Definitely something wrong with the connection. I unplugged and reseated it, everything seemed to be working fine. But one hard hit into the scoop and the screen goes black. If I tap the top of the phone lightly with my finger, the screen comes back. Any thoughts?

#7872 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Definitely something wrong with the connection. I unplugged and reseated it, everything seemed to be working fine. But one hard hit into the scoop and the screen goes black. If I tap the top of the phone lightly with my finger, the screen comes back. Any thoughts?

You could try swapping cables? If your theater is working properly, then you could see if the problem follows the cable. If the phone still goes black after you swap cables, there might be an issue with the connection on the display board on the phone, in that case, you could reach out to JJP or try to see if there's a bad solder joint or etc, on the phone. Depends on how much work you want to put into it.

I would try swapping cables first.

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It’s actually really simple to understand, like you said, hit qed guy, hit scoop, start mode. Finush mode and collect the SIM card. Spell dialed in with collected SIM cards and you get to wizard mode. In between all that, there are other crazy bobs modes and multiballs

You forgot a couple of parts:

* Take 12 shots to get ball into scoop, noting it bounces out by missing the smallest amount
* Have magnets grab ball and throw SDTM
* If you manage to get a mode completed, spend the rest of the game trying to get ball into the SIM slot

As you say, the theory is simple, but the practice is harder. It certainly makes for an extremely challenging game, but it's by no means easy. It can be extremely frustrating, much more so than my IJ or TZ. I keep coming back to it though and praying the scoop gods will be on my side.

#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

You forgot a couple of parts:
* Take 12 shots to get ball into scoop, noting it bounces out by missing the smallest amount
* Have magnets grab ball and throw SDTM
* If you manage to get a mode completed, spend the rest of the game trying to get ball into the SIM slot
As you say, the theory is simple, but the practice is harder. It certainly makes for an extremely challenging game, but it's by no means easy. It can be extremely frustrating, much more so than my IJ or TZ. I keep coming back to it though and praying the scoop gods will be on my side.

There may be something wrong with your scoop as mine doesn't bounce out at all (& would be super annoying if it did) I recall people stating that they've experienced the same & moved the scoop (don't know the details on how they did this) to fix this issue .. worth investigating as the scoop shouldn't take anything like 12 attempts for a successful shot

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from Silverbak:

There may be something wrong with your scoop as mine doesn't bounce out at all (& would be super annoying if it did) I recall people stating that they've experienced the same & moved the scoop (don't know the details on how they did this) to fix this issue .. worth investigating as the scoop shouldn't take anything like 12 attempts for a successful shot

I can backhand or hit it from the left side pretty easily. A cliffy protector might make it more difficult. I have a mantis protector in mine and there's no wear at the scoop. I've also bent my scoop downward just a bit (really to help with feeds). I think I read that some people moved their scoop back to help with rejects. I never did that as mine only missed because of my poor play.

#7876 4 years ago

Just checking in for some solutions for a small issue.

Ive read many posts on the trap door.
Mine started hitting the bottom of a metal bracket when it opens with a loud, "thunk".
This is new. I found an unknown small washer in the cab...dont see its use there, and put a small felt sticky
to soften the sound. It lasted only a short bit.
The whole station shakes when the trap opens.

Has this bracket shifted? Is it suppose to hit this or is there an adjustment for the height the door opens?

Finally got the phone scoop working better....it needed for me, a piece of mylar to cover the cliffy lip on the playfield.
Did the same with Sim scoop, and it collects balls much easier.

#7877 4 years ago

@oldpinguy: How large a strip of mylar did you use to cover the Phone scoop cliffy lip on the pf?
Are the corners of your cliffy completely flush to the pf or are they lifting up at all?
I tried applying mylar on top of my Phone scoop cliffy lip as well; but found that the mylar kept lifting up due to the edges of my cliffy having bent up a bit over time.
Thanks!

#7878 4 years ago

I guess all are factory installed?, they look like they should be cliffy thickness, but seem thicker.

So they are "flush" to the playfield as they should but still there is a hump. Some balls on a direct shot would go airborne, which is
why I guess others pulled the scoop back. I had solved that by bending the scoop lip up a bit.

Well that caused another issue, the ball would hit the ramp rails, so I raised that, and that caused another issue in plunger launch
and solved that with a stronger spring.

But like your question, the corners are part of the issue too.
No slow rolls into the scoop at all.

The Mylar was a square, around an 1-1/4 to an 1-1/2 inch, removable mylar, and its wider than the hole and cliffy itself by 2mm,
but extends as a square further down the playfield.

I did this because all the adjustments, and scoop eject strength was having the ball hit a spot right in front of the scoop, repeatedly. and didnt want a "wear" spot. It now hits Mylar coming out.

Also, balls can dribble in from the right upper flipper, if timed from a left orbit, plunger, or Bobs outlane kickback.
For me, another "strategy" to the scoop, but also a fun reward of ball movement,

The Mylar covers the cliffy right up and over the metal itself as far as I could, so its smooth.

Same with SIM scoop, lots more roll ins than before.

Now to figure the trap out. When the door is raised, does anyone see it hitting the metal support above? or is there a Gap?
How to adjust Trap door height as it locks open?

#7879 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I guess all are factory installed?, they look like they should be cliffy thickness, but seem thicker.

Depends upon the build date of the game. My understanding is that JJP originally used nothing, then they used their own version of a "cliffy" which was a tad thicker and didn't work as well, then they used authenticate cliffys.

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Depends upon the build date of the game. My understanding is that JJP originally used nothing, then they used their own version of a "cliffy" which was a tad thicker and didn't work as well, then they used authenticate cliffys.

Spot on exactly correct.

#7881 4 years ago

Thanks, I guess I have one with the thicker set.

#7882 4 years ago

I just added the Mezel Mods lighted pop bumper tower. It’s tied to the pop bumper lights.
Thumbs up!

89A89083-91DD-49AF-A3BA-6D41949A6CAC (resized).jpeg89A89083-91DD-49AF-A3BA-6D41949A6CAC (resized).jpegBA62D142-BC4A-43EF-A84F-BD3D72478465 (resized).jpegBA62D142-BC4A-43EF-A84F-BD3D72478465 (resized).jpegFA029A6C-7B9A-415D-91A6-E78A2B21DDD7 (resized).jpegFA029A6C-7B9A-415D-91A6-E78A2B21DDD7 (resized).jpeg
#7883 4 years ago

Hmmm, that does look good there.

#7884 4 years ago

Hi, just picked up a Dialed In ..love it!

A few questions though..

1) I am used to pushing the back leg levelers all the way up and then adjusting down. This game I have a legs all the way down and it's still above the third bubble line when it should be at 2...so I need the actually raise the front?

2) maybe because I am not level so I got a ball stuck at upper level. But looking at the protector, looks like a real ball trap...is this how the clear plastic piece is supposed to look? Thanks!!

20190608_211057 (resized).jpg20190608_211057 (resized).jpg20190608_213945 (resized).jpg20190608_213945 (resized).jpg20190608_213927 (resized).jpg20190608_213927 (resized).jpg
#7885 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

1) I am used to pushing the back leg levelers all the way up and then adjusting down. This game I have a legs all the way down and it's still above the third bubble line when it should be at 2...so I need the actually raise the front?

I wouldn't go by the bubble. They are cheap and often inaccurate. Use a phone app, level, or inclineometer.

#7886 4 years ago

Thanks Lloyd,

Might you know what to do about this? Got the kickback for first time during multiball and noticed the ball sitting...upon further review the coil is beyond the apron. Trying to take off the apron but the coil has it wedged in there tight so after screws come off you can't slide the apron up...any ideas? I am afraid to force it and scrape the playfield...tx

20190608_215302 (resized).jpg20190608_215302 (resized).jpg20190608_220042 (resized).jpg20190608_220042 (resized).jpg20190608_220219 (resized).jpg20190608_220219 (resized).jpg
#7887 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Might you know what to do about this?

Remove the screws on the stainless steel wall guide and remove it, that should free up the plunger so you can slide the apron forward and then lift the rear up and off.

Then loosen the screws holding the plunger/coil/bracket and turn it so it is more centered to hit the ball.

Reassemble.

#7888 4 years ago

Thanks again...was able to work it off, loosen and adjust bracket to straighten it out...but when I try to put the apron back on it doesn't slide back on without forcing..and the bracket doesn't have more play to push it back.

So looks like when the apron is screwed back on it will crush the corner of the coil and probably that's why when it fired it squeezed out in front of the apron.

Is the apron supposed to be hard pressed against the coil? If not, looks like I can't screw the left side all the way back together or I need to make the notch in the playfield a little bigger so I can slide back the bracket about 1/32" - 1/16" ... Ug.

20190608_225215 (resized).jpg20190608_225215 (resized).jpg20190608_225058 (resized).jpg20190608_225058 (resized).jpg
#7889 4 years ago

Got it all back together and the kick back is working for now but it seems like the apron is too far back or the kickback bracket is too far forward because I have to really force it.

Does this look correct and you are supposed to see the wood or is the apron supposed to be further up?

20190609_081028 (resized).jpg20190609_081028 (resized).jpg20190609_082817 (resized).jpg20190609_082817 (resized).jpg
#7890 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Does this look correct

Yes.

#7891 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Thanks...was a pain to find that picture and I just found 2 or 3 searching the picture gallery for this thread ..forgot you can do that on pinside.

Thanks again...

Man this is such a GREAT game!

#7892 4 years ago

funny... (well not really)

mine was also (2nd hand) coming with the kickbak coils just the same as yours, and blocking too (how the previous owner did not set up that before ???)

and ball going behind the phone is an easy DIY tweak, see :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uml2ckpome4kgyy/IMGP2281.JPG?dl=0

100% reversing... else, as some others, you can drill the upper PF and simply install a starpost, model of your choice

#7893 4 years ago

I noticed this as well -but I think part of the problem was that it was sandwiched between potc (hard to find anywhere to play one, slightly newer) and I think afmr - hard to beat a classic... or was it alive cooper there.. never get a chance to play that one either really. Still was crazy that there was no line sometimes .. always lines at those front newer games.

#7894 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Hi, just picked up a Dialed In ..love it!
A few questions though..
2) maybe because I am not level so I got a ball stuck at upper level. But looking at the protector, looks like a real ball trap...is this how the clear plastic piece is supposed to look? Thanks!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

1) On this game (and I think all JJ) unlike other manufacturers games, when all of the leg levelers are extended by the same amount the game should be at the correct angle, bubble touching the second line. This is because the front legs sit up higher on the cabinet than on B/W and other games.

2) You're pretty steep and likely why its trapped there but it can happen. Others have added a post there to prevent it from trapping.

#7895 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I noticed this as well -but I think part of the problem was that it was sandwiched between potc (hard to find anywhere to play one, slightly newer) and I think afmr - hard to beat a classic... or was it alive cooper there.. never get a chance to play that one either really. Still was crazy that there was no line sometimes .. always lines at those front newer games.

I noticed the complete opposite at Allentown this year. There was always a huge line to play DILE (4-5 players deep). It was sitting next to a high end restoration of MB, and a few other "A"titles that weren't getting as much love.

#7896 4 years ago

Always liked how this game played but theme held me back -
Still wish it would of been called Quantum City with less emphasis on the phone but .....
I think I am over it and going to seek out a NIB LE if they are still around

#7897 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I noticed the complete opposite at Allentown this year. There was always a huge line to play DILE (4-5 players deep). It was sitting next to a high end restoration of MB, and a few other "A"titles that weren't getting as much love.

Interesting.. no explanation I can think of then.. weird fluke.

#7898 4 years ago

Is the phone scoop cliffy always after market on all versions of DI or did it come installed on the LE or CE ever?

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Is the phone scoop cliffy always after market on all versions of DI or did it come installed on the LE or CE ever?

Quoted from Nokoro:

This applies to the phone scoop as well.

#7900 4 years ago

Echoing above, originally I had the thicker JJP cliffies installed which weren’t ideal. Subsequently, JJP provided the much better & thinner Cliffy protectors for both scoops.

To improve successful shots into the Phone scoop, I’ve since put a piece of furry side velcro at the back of the scoop and also manually bent down the metal bracket piece a bit. Finding this has all helped.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/158?hl=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.