IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 273.
#7801 4 years ago

didnt remember... armageddon may be

#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

Does anyone know what lights the "special" in the outlanes? What does it do? Thanks!

Spell "dialed" and special will be lit. I think it rewards points.

#7803 4 years ago

Quick question for the Dialed In crew:

Do all versions of the game include a RCA jack for external speaker? Going thru the 'Compare' sheet at JJP, seems like the standard version contains most the key elements as the LE (i.e. no playfield toys were removed) and I didn't see any indication of the RCA connector being removed. Seems like most of the upgrades were cosmetic.

#7804 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Do all versions of the game include a RCA jack for external speaker?

Only WOZ had that. Not sure about Yellow Brick Road one since the cabinet change for boards in the head.

LTG : )

#7805 4 years ago

Thanks LTG! Glad I asked. DI is on the short list for the next pin.

#7806 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks LTG! Glad I asked. DI is on the short list for the next pin.

Easy to hook up anyway, people here have done it and can help.

#7807 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Easy to hook up anyway, people here have done it and can help.

I have done it on most my pins using a PAC SNI-35 which is essentially takes a balanced high level input to a low level unbalanced output suitable for (in my case) a mixer for the subs.

I thought all the JJP pins had the RCA output. No biggie, just would have been nice to just to plug in an audio connector for a change.

#7808 4 years ago

Hey guys. Love the game, but one pf my light boards simply does not work. Fuse is good.... what do I do? I wiggled the connection and it worked for a second, but now nothing.

I assume it is part 1735, if that helps? The one that leads to the apron light board (which also doesnt work by proxy).

#7809 4 years ago

I figured it out. Cold solder joint under the cat 5 cable.

#7810 4 years ago

Has anyone here NOT taken the mylar off their magnets?

#7811 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I have not. I haven't had any issues.

#7812 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just bought a game that shipped with mylar on the magnets and has a few thousand plays since then. It doesn't affect gameplay but is pretty torn up on the magnets themselves so it's a bit of an eyesore.

#7813 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The ball will shred the Mylar, so it's either coming off neat and clean or shredded.

#7814 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The ball will shred the Mylar, so it's either coming off neat and clean or shredded.

So weird that they made them like this. I'll remove them right away. What a pain!

#7815 4 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

I just bought a game that shipped with mylar on the magnets and has a few thousand plays since then. It doesn't affect gameplay but is pretty torn up on the magnets themselves so it's a bit of an eyesore.

Pictures, please?

#7816 4 years ago

I removed the mylar on my magnets once they started getting torn up. Was looking pretty ugly.

#7817 4 years ago

Turns out my light board is still bad after all. Nothing I do fixes it properly. How do I get this replaced??

#7818 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

How do I get this replaced??

If under warranty - jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Help Desk.

Under warranty or not, call 732-364-9900 during business hours.

#7819 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i dont think we have to create a separate topic, as DI code is not Ghostbusters...
but in the same time, these few codes post are in the middle of all others...
we all know Ted is on pinside, and so on this topic, but he may just not read all just because he has something else to do
i had some direct mails exchanges with him already, i'm OK to summarize all latest ideas to simply submit them
well than, something else you wanna say about the code ?
- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- making ball search routine starting with the QED guy
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36 (see pic somewhere above)
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others

nothing more ? sure ?? really ??? ... will wait till next WE then mail Ted

#7820 4 years ago

My sound is all staticy and jjp sent me a noise filter. Question how do i get the moniter out of the way? Looks like 2 screws on either side of it. I thought it would swing out or something but it's in there solid.

#7821 4 years ago

It’s on a big pivot arm. Unlatch on each side, then pull forward and pivot. Do this with game power OFF

#7822 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Looks like 2 screws on either side of it.

In small wooden blocks ? Loosen, turn the block. Then this -

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It’s on a big pivot arm. Unlatch on each side, then pull forward and pivot. Do this with game power OFF

Once the wood block is turned, pull the latches up. When finished, I would turn the wooden block and retighten the screw. So the latches are locked down.

#7823 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In small wooden blocks ? Loosen, turn the block. Then this -

Once the wood block is turned, pull the latches up. When finished, I would turn the wooden block and retighten the screw. So the latches are locked down.

Here's is what I got.
Do loosen screws?

Screenshot_20190525-131254_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190525-131254_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190525-131259_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190525-131259_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190525-131302_Messenger (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190525-131302_Messenger (resized).jpg
#7824 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Here's is what I got.

Red circle/arrow points to screw you loosen to turn wood block. I don't see one on the right side in your picture. Yellow arrow points to latch you pull up, one each side.

8cc6f9c516cc36a7d28dad006569b052ab0dcedf (resized).jpg8cc6f9c516cc36a7d28dad006569b052ab0dcedf (resized).jpg
#7826 4 years ago

UPTODATE

i dont think we have to create a separate topic, as DI code is not Ghostbusters...
we all know Ted is on pinside, and so on this topic, but he may just not read all just because he has something else to do
i had some direct mails exchanges with him already, i'm OK to summarize all latest ideas to simply submit them
- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again and again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36 (see pic somewhere above)
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others
- erratic coils power in 1.61

#7827 4 years ago

Guys I'm new to Jjp and have a question, My subwoofer seems non existent. I hear high treble coming out of it but really no bass. I looked in the setting but do not see and Treble/bass adjustments like my Sterns. Is this correct? Thanks.

#7828 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

My suggestion would be to only show the spinner when it's the only Q-mode lit - that is, when it's going to actually _act_ as a spinner.

When some other mode is lit (like Train Bash) that's going to stop and "reject" the ball, _that_ mode should be showing on the display, instead of the spinner.

I am really, _really_ tired of the random coil strengths. Reverting from 1.61 to 1.60 made it _somewhat_ better, but it's still an issue; from the phone, for example, I get everything from hitting the wireform above the scoop to not getting out of the scoop at all.

#7829 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys I'm new to Jjp and have a question, My subwoofer seems non existent. I hear high treble coming out of it but really no bass. I looked in the setting but do not see and Treble/bass adjustments like my Sterns. Is this correct? Thanks.

There are no settings for treble and bass. Just sound mixer options. I’ve been wanting to add a sub to mine...especially for the Big Bang effect! If you put it up passed 25, you get some decent bass out of it

#7830 4 years ago

WP_20190528_15_23_41_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190528_15_23_41_Pro (resized).jpg

#7831 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

[quoted image]

I've had that happen on Baywatch with a 6 ball multiball. I couldn't nudge it free and had to take off the glass I miss that game.

I knew I had a pic of it somewhere...

f1ea27a9d41e4126ac6706a576ebbadc9f34218c (resized).jpgf1ea27a9d41e4126ac6706a576ebbadc9f34218c (resized).jpg
#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had that happen on Baywatch with a 6 ball multiball. I couldn't nudge it free and had to take off the glass I miss that game.

"round" nudging was enough here, only a warning was lost...

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I knew I had a pic of it somewhere...[quoted image]

respect ! lol

#7834 4 years ago

My shooter rod black ball/handle cracked apart....again. Its the second time this happened. This one only lasted maybe 30 games. Anyone else have this problem and is there a premium aftermarket shooter rod to replace it with?

#7835 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

My shooter rod black ball/handle cracked apart....again. Its the second time this happened. This one only lasted maybe 30 games. Anyone else have this problem and is there a premium aftermarket shooter rod to replace it with?

Two shooter rod handles? You've got the barrel spring installed right? Seems really odd. Modfather has shooter rods available, as well as many other places. I recall a candy color shooter rod offered at some point but not sure as I'm not into modded rods...

#7837 4 years ago

Been a few weeks since accepting my DI LE.. Attempted to connect my android phone to just check it out, but was un-able to get it to work. My phone sees it then asks for the 4 digit security PIN.

Is their a default pin when this occurs ? I tried 0000, 1234 and no dice.

#7838 4 years ago

I'm going to order one. The springs are correct. Honestly looking at it I don't know you could screw it up. Thanks!

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I'm going to order one. The springs are correct. Honestly looking at it I don't know you could screw it up. Thanks!

Check your assembly of the rod and housing according to the manual. Sounds like they may have a assembled it incorrectly at the factory. That shouldn't be happening, let alone so quickly.

#7840 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Been a few weeks since accepting my DI LE.. Attempted to connect my android phone to just check it out, but was un-able to get it to work. My phone sees it then asks for the 4 digit security PIN.
Is their a default pin when this occurs ? I tried 0000, 1234 and no dice.

I've gotten the app to work twice. Every time since, nothing.

The thing that's frustrating is JJP used this feature to help hype this game up. And now it doesn't even work.

#7841 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The thing that's frustrating is JJP used this feature to help hype this game up. And now it doesn't even work.

it's kind of meaningless, it worked for me using my android phone, but I never used it. All you can do is flip with it, not very fun and just gimmicky.

#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

it's kind of meaningless, it worked for me using my android phone, but I never used it. All you can do is flip with it, not very fun and just gimmicky.

After the very first code update, it work flawlessly and it was super fun if playing with more than one player. The utilization of bang and lack of nudging changes the game completely. Standing further away from the machine or beside it is super fun too. The issue is that there are so many freakin' phones and different handling of bluetooth. I really wish they could put some resources toward it as I, for one, miss it dearly. Seeing the jaws drop when people first see it is worth it.

I can get mine to work if I reboot/recoonnect cycle my phone. After I get it to connect, it's laggy enough that it's not worth it

#7843 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

After the very first code update, it work flawlessly and it was super fun if playing with more than one player. The utilization of bang and lack of nudging changes the game completely. Standing further away from the machine or beside it is super fun too. The issue is that there are so many freakin' phones and different handling of bluetooth. I really wish they could put some resources toward it as I, for one, miss it dearly. Seeing the jaws drop when people first see it is worth it.
I can get mine to work if I reboot/recoonnect cycle my phone. After I get it to connect, it's laggy enough that it's not worth it

I have a big need/want for the phone app to work correctly. My best friend has one paralyzed arm, but loves to play pinball. This was one of the main reason I bought a DI. It worked 1 time, and now just get spinning wheels trying to connect. My friend uses his knee for the left flipper. Does pretty good with it, but the app for this game would be better for him. I also wish that JJP would spend some time to fix it or help us.

#7844 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I knew I had a pic of it somewhere...[quoted image]

Awww, how cute.

IMG_20190531_170138 (resized).jpgIMG_20190531_170138 (resized).jpg
#7845 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Awww, how cute.

You are missing one.

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have a big need/want for the phone app to work correctly. My best friend has one paralyzed arm, but loves to play pinball. This was one of the main reason I bought a DI. It worked 1 time, and now just get spinning wheels trying to connect. My friend uses his knee for the left flipper. Does pretty good with it, but the app for this game would be better for him. I also wish that JJP would spend some time to fix it or help us.

You're a good friend!

#7847 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I have the chrome candy rod and it looks great. But I agree with the others. Before you get another, figure out what is causing them to crack. That’s not normal.

#7848 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

UPTODATE
- erratic coils power in 1.61

ok, just mailed Ted...

#7849 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The dongle may not be working

#7850 4 years ago

Updating code on DI hasn’t been smooth on my example either.
Last time I updated, it did turn out to be the dongle.
JJP promptly sent me a replacement dongle and sure enough it immediately rectified the issue.
I do feel JJP’s customer service has been exceptional.
Each time I’ve had an issue, they’ve been very responsive to resolve the matter.
Once, when there was a delay on the replacement of my defective phone, they even sent me a t-shirt as a thank you for my patience.
Very impressed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/157?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.