IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 273.
#7751 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

Thanks for posting these! I have been running 1.61 but have been thinking about backing it down due to the animation delays.
I assume I need to do a full install of the 1.50 first and then update that with the 1.57?

Correct.

Just follow the instructions for the full install (v1.50) here: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
Then run the delta upgrade (v1.57) with these instructions: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

#7752 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Correct.
Just follow the instructions for the full install (v1.50) here: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
Then run the delta upgrade (v1.57) with these instructions: http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-delta/

Sorry for the stupid question, but if it's like 1.53, can you just do the delta upgrade to 1.57 or just you go down to 1.50 first, and then 1.57?

#7753 4 years ago

Delta to 1.57

The full install is only needed if something went badly wrong or if you need to downgrade.

#7754 4 years ago

So I’ve had my DI for a few months and really enjoying it. Just wondering if you guys get many ball hang ups when shooting ramps? When going for left ramp, sometimes it seems the ball is going pretty fast and hits ramp just under where the arm goes down and slows ball. And when hitting right one, even though I recently introduced the “Velcro fix” it still hits and stops the ball. I’ve also tried decreasing coil power on both flippers, seem to only help very little.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

#7755 4 years ago

How do you chose what mode you play when you hit the phone or is it just random?

#7756 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

How do you chose what mode you play when you hit the phone or is it just random?

Your flippers will toggle the "active" mode.

So best way to choose a mode is to cradle up, and then use the flippers to move to the mode in front of your desired mode. You can actually see the selected mode change on the phone monitor. Then when you flip with the cradled flipper, the mode will change to your desired mode. As long as you make the shot, your desired mode will start.

Left flipper button will move it one direction. Right Flipper button will move it the other direction.

Hope this helps.

Marcus

#7757 4 years ago

Is there any additional adjustment I can make to the Theater magnet so that it does not drop a ball straight down the middle during a mode?

When I am in the volcano mode, the shot to make is the theater shot. When you make the shot, the magnet grabs the ball and holds it. Then when it releases the ball, the ball will often go straight down the middle with no ball save or any way other than a violent nudge/slide to try and save the ball.

Is there a setting that allows me to add a ball save for the theater shot?

Marcus

#7758 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Is there any additional adjustment I can make to the Theater magnet so that it does not drop a ball straight down the middle during a mode?
When I am in the volcano mode, the shot to make is the theater shot. When you make the shot, the magnet grabs the ball and holds it. Then when it releases the ball, the ball will often go straight down the middle with no ball save or any way other than a violent nudge/slide to try and save the ball.
Marcus

Yes, raise the right back leg a few turns.

#7759 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, raise the right back leg a few turns.

As in make a level game unlevel a tad?

Marcus

#7760 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

As in make a level game unlevel a tad?
Marcus

Just a tad.

#7761 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Marcus

Leave your playfield level. Yes there are adjustments for the magnet timing. In tests. You will have to test multiple times. With the glass off in test mode throw a ball into the theater. It should catch the ball and throw it up and around. There are multiple posts in this thread with timing settings that have worked for others. You will have to see for yourself.
Also, cut your mylar off the magnet core and adjust the core height so it's level with the magnet surround. This is also posted in this thread.
Good luck

#7762 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Leave your playfield level. Yes there are adjustments for the magnet timing. In tests. You will have to test multiple times. With the glass off in test mode throw a ball into the theater. It should catch the ball and throw it up and around. There are multiple posts in this thread with timing settings that have worked for others. You will have to see for yourself.
Also, cut your mylar off the magnet core and adjust the core height so it's level with the magnet surround. This is also posted in this thread.
Good luck

I have made the magnet adjustment. Most times, it will grab the ball and fling it up into the theater, and normally around to the upper right flipper. But in certain modes like Volcano, the magnet does not do anything other than catch the ball and then release it.

I'll check on they mylar fix and I will raise the right leg as suggested to see if that helps.

Marcus

#7763 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

I have made the magnet adjustment. Most times, it will grab the ball and fling it up into the theater, and normally around to the upper right flipper. But in certain modes like Volcano, the magnet does not do anything other than catch the ball and then release it.
I'll check on they mylar fix and I will raise the right leg as suggested to see if that helps.
Marcus

Yes. Mine does the same in Volcano mode. Most of the time QED guy moves over to block the ball from draining SDTM though

#7764 4 years ago

not sure QED move in that mode (to block the falling ball), as its generaly done by purpose to be "grabbed" by the center PF magnets...

#7765 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not sure QED move in that mode (to block the falling ball), as its generaly done by purpose to be "grabbed" by the center PF magnets...

In the 1.6x code QED moves to block drains most of the time, but not in EMP mode.

#7766 4 years ago

Yeah, the newer code is way better for SDTM drains, but you do lose kickback a lot because of it. It is a lesser of evils. My advice is to keep your game level, update your code (I'm one shy of the newest, and it's running fine), and pull your sleeves up and say "oh shit" when EMP starts. Oh, I also have my tilt setting on "per ball." Per game is not really fair with a middle magnet game. I have to do some nudging during EMP for sure. I used to hate the mode, now I see it like the power ball. It's crazy fast and difficult, but rewarding when you finish it.

#7767 4 years ago

My spring broke on my Crazy Bob trap door and a new one is on its way. So I disabled the door and I’m amazed the flow improvement! Also I’ve been working on my combos and not concentrating on my score and I’ve learned a new appreciation for DI. I hardly ever did Theatre MB because I just focused on the modes. Last night I stacked a theatre MB with a Crazy Bob MB right after Chaos in QC....that was a good game. I’m so happy with my "phone" game. < sarcasm

#7768 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

My spring broke on my Crazy Bob trap door and a new one is on its way. So I disabled the door and I’m amazed the flow improvement! Also I’ve been working on my combos and not concentrating on my score and I’ve learned a new appreciation for DI. I hardly ever did Theatre MB because I just focused on the modes. Last night I stacked a theatre MB with a Crazy Bob MB right after Chaos in QC....that was a good game. I’m so happy with my "phone" game. &lt; sarcasm

It's certainly a gem! I've never started theater multiball yet. Don't know how to get to it

#7769 4 years ago

Ordered my LE and getting it delivered Wednesday! Super excited. This will be my first JJP game. I was blown away by it from the very first moment I laid eyes on this game.

#7770 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It's certainly a gem! I've never started theater multiball yet. Don't know how to get to it

Collect 2 each of the Drones, Subways, Spiders, and Kilowatts in the Theater. You can see progress in instant info.

#7771 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

In the 1.6x code QED moves to block drains most of the time, but not in EMP mode.

yes, my fault, thats why i erased my post (but not quickly enough lol), missed volcano vs emp...

#7772 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Ordered my LE and getting it delivered Wednesday! Super excited. This will be my first JJP game. I was blown away by it from the very first moment I laid eyes on this game.

Congrats man, you’ll love it. Just like the love I have for that MET you sold me

#7773 4 years ago

Just delivered last night! Now I need to install the new code ( everyone says 1.57 where to find it I only see 1.61? ) it's my first JJP any tips on the code process?

20190517_212723 (resized).jpg20190517_212723 (resized).jpg20190517_212946 (resized).jpg20190517_212946 (resized).jpg

#7774 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

They just need to make the Bob targets
changeable

I’m becoming a big believer in this idea. It has been weeks if not months since I’ve gotten to one of the crazy Bob MBs. I really like them and would like to see them more. They are a lot of fun and would add tremendously to the game if you could get to them. Also, I never advance beyond 2x bonus multiplier since it is so hard to achieve.

Here’s hoping they are listening and do it. It would seemingly be an easy tweak.

#7775 4 years ago

Guys real quick, just noticed static noise from the speakers. N.i.b. last night and had it immediately, any fix?

#7776 4 years ago

Email [email protected] and request a ground loop isolator. Easy install, no soldering or anything like that; it will knock out the static noise.

#7777 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Email [email protected] and request a ground loop isolator. Easy install, no soldering or anything like that; it will knock out the static noise.

Thanks!!!

#7778 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Guys real quick, just noticed static noise from the speakers. N.i.b. last night and had it immediately, any fix?

I bought mine. $9. Quicker.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/90#post-4443073

#7779 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’m becoming a big believer in this idea. It has been weeks if not months since I’ve gotten to one of the crazy Bob MBs. I really like them and would like to see them more. They are a lot of fun and would add tremendously to the game if you could get to them. Also, I never advance beyond 2x bonus multiplier since it is so hard to achieve.
Here’s hoping they are listening and do it. It would seemingly be an easy tweak.

Yeah, I use this feature in pinball magic way more than I thought I would. It would complete the code for Bob. I usually get one Bob multiball, 2x, and x ball, but that is based mostly on ball time and fluke as the lower target is almost impossible to hit, plus the angle of that low shot is extremely dangerous. I'm good at shooting the upper and middle though. JJP please play a few rounds of Pinball magic to see just how great this feature would be!

#7780 4 years ago

to Ted,

2 small notices about code (1.61) :

when having the spinner active in theatre, it works well (i mean the ball makes the full turn around) if you dont have anything else using the magnet... else ball is grabbed, its pity to see the spinner spinning in this case
even if i know main modes should have priority to mini theatre modes, something to tweak here !?

(already said i think) when going in ball search, may be would be a good idea to just start with the QED guy moving, as its seems thats there we have the more often a ball stucked

tanx

#7781 4 years ago

I very rarely get Bob multiballs

#7782 4 years ago
Quoted from FTMYpinballfan:

Have a couple of questions. Never seen the middle and upper
drones props turn while playing game on my DILE, only the lower
one. Any way to test these? Do these activate only after reaching
certain level during the game?
J.B.

if you are running the 1.61 code they won't hardly ever come on. drones are shitty little Chinese junk that break all the time, so the new code pretty much takes them out of the game so people would quit complaining.

#7783 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

to Ted,
2 small notices about code (1.61) :
when having the spinner active in theatre, it works well (i mean the ball makes the full turn around) if you dont have anything else using the magnet... else ball is grabbed, its pity to see the spinner spinning in this case
even if i know main modes should have priority to mini theatre modes, something to tweak here !?
(already said i think) when going in ball search, may be would be a good idea to just start with the QED guy moving, as its seems thats there we have the more often a ball stucked
tanx

I agree. Many times in a timed mode the ball is sitting behind QED and you have to wait it out (I use my tilts on SDTM from the theatre if it gets close, which is fine).

Also the BOB rotating target would be the a huge improvement so see more of the Quick MB modes. Of course have it a setting to turn off if you like it currently.

#7784 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

if you are running the 1.61 code they won't hardly ever come on. drones are shitty little Chinese junk that break all the time, so the new code pretty much takes them out of the game so people would quit complaining.

My new DILE still under warranty has 2 drones that don't spin, only lights when I test them. Gonna try and warranty them out.. I like the drones as it is one of my favorite toys in the game for whatever reason.

There has to be a way to repair them.. nothing to scientific about these unless the motors are burning out which is another problem considering their total run times.

#7785 4 years ago

When entering the Menu for the first time my Green/Escape button inside of the coin door is not registering. All wiring looks fine. Hete is a video I shot of it. Again I'll contact jjp support.

#7786 4 years ago

Check the connector for the coin door switches right inside the coin door. Reseat, push connectors/wires together real tight, be sure no wire or pin is sticking out of the connector.

LTG : )

#7787 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the connector for the coin door switches right inside the coin door. Reseat, push connectors/wires together real tight, be sure no wire or pin is sticking out of the connector.

Thanks Lloyd, tried that to no avail. Only other thing I could see is to unscrew the 2 screws holding the assembly together?

#7788 4 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Only other thing I could see is to unscrew the 2 screws holding the assembly together?

Be sure no broken wires to the switch lugs or switch lugs shorting to metal.

#7789 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

My new DILE still under warranty has 2 drones that don't spin, only lights when I test them. Gonna try and warranty them out.. I like the drones as it is one of my favorite toys in the game for whatever reason.
There has to be a way to repair them.. nothing to scientific about these unless the motors are burning out which is another problem considering their total run times.

that's what happens, motors overheat from to much usage, no testing on these obviously when they put them in the game.

#7790 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Be sure no broken wires to the switch lugs or switch lugs shorting to metal.

Ok, I'll check again later.

#7791 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

In my case I had intermittent connections for the power wires inside the motor itself. No way to open these up to repair them. Or like another mentioned they are probably also just burning up. Cheap $15 drones not meant to last long. I like the spinning drones, too bad there cannot be an option to "Spin drones more frequently" in settings. Maybe its possible to buy a better drone to replace these factory ones with that would hold up a little better.

#7792 4 years ago

Hi
My Crazy Bob’s trap door isn’t working, I have bent the arm over to just over the top of the smaller coil as seen on a few u tube videos. I had it in test mode and get nothing. Please can some one tell me if there’s a fuse I should be checking or what I should be testing.
Thankyou Simon

#7793 4 years ago

Where in the menu is the drone test?

#7794 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Where in the menu is the drone test?

It's in the COIL test menu

#7795 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi
My Crazy Bob’s trap door isn’t working, I have bent the arm over to just over the top of the smaller coil as seen on a few u tube videos. I had it in test mode and get nothing. Please can some one tell me if there’s a fuse I should be checking or what I should be testing.
Thankyou Simon

Check fuse F708 (5 amp slow blow) located at the top of the I/O board. If its blown check the to see if one of the coils on the trap door assembly is fried.

#7796 4 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I agree. Many times in a timed mode the ball is sitting behind QED and you have to wait it out (I use my tilts on SDTM from the theatre if it gets close, which is fine).
Also the BOB rotating target would be the a huge improvement so see more of the Quick MB modes. Of course have it a setting to turn off if you like it currently.

i dont think we have to create a separate topic, as DI code is not Ghostbusters...
but in the same time, these few codes post are in the middle of all others...
we all know Ted is on pinside, and so on this topic, but he may just not read all just because he has something else to do

i had some direct mails exchanges with him already, i'm OK to summarize all latest ideas to simply submit them
well than, something else you wanna say about the code ?

- making the 3 BOB targets "rotating" with the left flipper button (as in CAPCOM PINBALL MAGIC) ... lower B is/seems actually impossible to get with a direct shot
- making ball search routine starting with the QED guy
- spinner in the theatre not always spinning (magnet activity) because of the various situations (not sure something could be done here)
- set up/maximise/change the possibility of looping again & again the left ramp (right flipper shot, left flipper pass) whith the 10.000 hurry up... i did this as skillshot while starting a game, my record is now 35 or 36 (see pic somewhere above)
- theatre multiball : when ready and shooting it to start it, cut the magnet sooner, to avoid having a second ball shot in there and having the 2 balls "glued" to the magnet (lets admit it's possibly my balls (oups) fault, being magnetized !?) ... sometimes i even can put a 3rd glueing there too, sometimes it helps to free the 2 others

#7797 4 years ago

Are there high (or at least higher) quality drones available?

#7798 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi
Thankyou Simon

The other day my spring broke. I know its basic but make sure you have a spring on the trap door release (the release will be floppy without the spring).

#7799 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Are there high (or at least higher) quality drones available?

I think a cool mod would be, instead of spinning the props, spin the whole body of the drones (one motor for each drone). Not fast but like 10 RPM ish.

#7800 4 years ago

Does anyone know what lights the "special" in the outlanes? What does it do? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/156?hl=drained and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.