IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 273.
#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What exactly did you do to move the Crazy Bob sign?

...used Mezelmods. https://mezelmods.com/collections/dialed-in-pinball-mods/products/dialed-in-pinball-crazy-bobs-sign-illumination-kit.
You basically remove and separate both signs and utilize their mounting brackets to support each of the two plastic signs. An aggressive two-sided tape holds the brackets into position within the playfield plastic. Must use the JJP 4-way power splitter.
I find their installation instructions are often vague and lack specific visual aids, however, their products are well designed, value priced, and function very well.
IMO mirror blades made a huge difference in the light effects and side appearances of playfield (which are visually busy on a DI). Definitely recommended!

#7703 4 years ago

I have a set of Titan rubbers for Dialed In. It includes every rings and post needed int he game, except I think I took out the two of the sleeves to replace worn ones on my Dialed In when I had it.

The set cost me $45 with shipping, and I'm willing to let it go for $30 shipping included.

All colors match the factory JJP ones.

I also have a complete phone assembly. The colour turned a bit yellow before I had it replaced, but I have heard that these can be repaired. So if your game is out of warranty, and you're looking or a spare, make me an offer.

PM if interested.

#7704 4 years ago

Hey - so I powered up my machine that has been error free since last Feb - and I got a "check status report." It doesn't bring up anything - but noted these two apparently old issues (see photo).

Anyone have any idea how to clear "phantom" errors? - aka- it keeps telling me check the status but the status is blank.

I'm running 1.57 since I didn't like some of the changes in 1.60

Thanks in advance!

IMG_6250 (resized).jpgIMG_6250 (resized).jpg
#7705 4 years ago

ok, another new (small) bug, as this just happend (1.61) :

was playing in THEATRE MULTIBALL, than added on it a BOB MULTIBALL (didnt remember which one)
than, while having 3 balls remaining on the playfield, all 3 in the same time in the SIM scoop (if i tell you i did it on purpose, you'll not believe me !!! lol)
the PHONE scoop only rejected 1 ball (i see another one quite going out on the same time, but fall down in the scoop due to not enough power)

and than, i was playing still in multiball, with only 1 ball on the playfield, and 2 others waiting down in the phone, no ball check or nothing to tell the pin that balls were there (soft prob or switch prob ?)

i did not lose that single ball (which i suppose would have push the game in ballsearch !?), but i've started UNDER ATTACK MULTIBALL, and than the phone scoop did eject these 2 balls

... to Ted for info

#7706 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What exactly did you do to move the Crazy Bob sign?

I have mine in a similar position. I just unscrewed it and moved it.

The only problem is that it can possible catch airballs. As its a home machine I'm not concerned.

#7707 4 years ago

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

LTG : )

#7708 4 years ago

Congratulations LTG !

#7709 4 years ago

Thanks for all of the fantastic things you do to support the pinball community Lloyd. You truly are an asset to the hobby.

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

Thanks LTG! I haven't had to use you yet (and let's hope I don't), but congrats! Also wish I was closer so we can stop out and say hi! Maybe over Memorial Day weekend as we'll be near the Twin Cities.

#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Congrats! Here's to another 6!

#7712 4 years ago

Hey folks! Hoping you can help.

Is the latch that holds up Crazy Bob trap door supposed to have a groove in it? See pics.

I was wondering why the trap door was not staying open ....

20190509_092336 (resized).jpg20190509_092336 (resized).jpg20190509_092355 (resized).jpg20190509_092355 (resized).jpg
#7713 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Is the latch that holds up Crazy Bob trap door supposed to have a groove in it?

No.

#7714 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Thanks! I guess it's time for a replacement ...

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Is the latch that holds up Crazy Bob trap door supposed to have a groove in it?

A tiny bit of grease would have helped the wear.

DSC00010 (resized).JPGDSC00010 (resized).JPG
#7716 4 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I guess it's time for a replacement ...

Or a weld bead on that spot and ground to shape.

#7717 4 years ago

Hello -

I have code 1.57 installed, and since then, I have noticed the game kicking out an additional ball during game play, but this only seems to be occurring late into a deeper game.

Don't know if that is a coincidence, or a code issue?

What do you think? Thanks

#7718 4 years ago

I have a game setup question. Is it correct that if you have the game set up on a level floor with the leg levelers screwed all the way into the legs both front and back, the game should be at a 6.5 degree pitch? You don't need to elevate the rear levelers?

Thanks

Gerry

#7719 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have a game setup question. Is it correct that if you have the game set up on a level floor with the leg levelers screwed all the way into the legs both front and back, the game should be at a 6.5 degree pitch? You don't need to elevate the rear levelers?

Yes.

But I'd check it anyway.

#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

Never seems to be true in my house.

#7721 4 years ago

Loving my Dialed In! Got my static noise fixed with the ground loop. Sounds great now.
I am having an issue I can't figure out why it is happening. Only sometimes when I get multi-ball, my right flipper will give out a little causing a flickering of the flipper. I am thinking a power issue??? The crazy thing is that it does not happen very much. Any advice? Thanks! Tom

#7722 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Loving my Dialed In! Got my static noise fixed with the ground loop. Sounds great now.
I am having an issue I can't figure out why it is happening. Only sometimes when I get multi-ball, my right flipper will give out a little causing a flickering of the flipper. I am thinking a power issue??? The crazy thing is that it does not happen very much. Any advice? Thanks! Tom

Lol its a feature in mb ... di attacks your flippers.. you need to hit a shot to stop it.. you need to read up on the rule sheet...

#7723 4 years ago

DI Target decals still in stock!

High quality vinyl with an laminated extra layer.
2 of each in the package for a backup.

28,- $ inclusive shipping via envelope from germany.

Interesting? Message me.

decals1 (resized).jpgdecals1 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals3 (resized).jpgdecals3 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpg
#7724 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol its a feature in mb ... di attacks your flippers.. you need to hit a shot to stop it.. you need to read up on the rule sheet...

This really gave me a chuckle. Welcome to the club PinballT!

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This really gave me a chuckle. Welcome to the club PinballT!

Wow! Never knew this. I was freaking out that something was wrong. I never read map or how to do for directions, I just jump in. . Maybe I should start reading into the pinball rules more! . Thanks Guys!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7726 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Wow! Never knew this. I was freaking out that something was wrong. I never read map or how to do for directions, I just jump in. . Maybe I should start reading into the pinball rules more! . Thanks Guys!

Well, think of the bright side. At least you didn’t spend hours adjusting the EOS switch to try to make it stop.

There’s some good YouTube tutorials on gameplay, but I believe most preceded the current code with Quantum Theatre MB. Still, they’ll give you the basics.

#7727 4 years ago

just had my worst game : 17.XXX pts !!! hard to score so low, even on purpose

and at the opposite :

36 (resized).jpg36 (resized).jpg

#7728 4 years ago

So is this game pretty much done for code or do they still need to add anything?

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So is this game pretty much done for code or do they still need to add anything?

It’s done. Just a few bug fixes left. When they added Quantum Theatre MB, it was a pretty substantial update that really added a lot. I don’t think anything more of substance is left.

#7730 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s done. Just a few bug fixes left. When they added Quantum Theatre MB, it was a pretty substantial update that really added a lot. I don’t think anything more of substance is left.

But isn't it 1.61 still? There are clearly issues with it? Plus some animations are still missing?

#7731 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But isn't it 1.61 still? There are clearly issues with it? Plus some animations are still missing?

1.57 has the complete code from a rules and animations perspective. They made a few updates with 1.61, nothing to do with rules, but some purported bugs were introduced. For this reason, a lot of us are staying at 1.57 until the bugs get sorted out in another update. But, to answer your original question, the code is done for almost all substantive aspects.

#7732 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So is this game pretty much done for code

as said above, it is

#7733 4 years ago

I’ve been running 1.61 since it was released, no issues.

#7734 4 years ago

I just bought a new dialed in LE. Anyone know what code has been shipping on these lately?

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just bought a new dialed in LE. Anyone know what code has been
shipping on these lately?

You should be able to check in settings or upon start up what version you have.

#7736 4 years ago

Animation framerate is SHIT on 1.61 on my DILE

#7737 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You should be able to check in settings or upon start up what
version you have.

Um...I'm aware of that. I guess I should rephrase the question: I don't have this yet, and was wondering if someone that has recently gotten theirs yet could chime in as to what version they had upon shipping?

#7738 4 years ago

DI machines haven’t been produced lately, so depending on where you got it from and when it was made, the software version may vary.

#7739 4 years ago

DI is clearly one of the best pins ever made... I have space and budget for 4 high end pins, and I’m eyeing JJP games. Do you all feel that DI is somewhat similar to what we’ve seen on Wonka? Would people here consider owning both in a small collection or go for more diversity? Thanks in advance!

#7740 4 years ago

Have a couple of questions. Never seen the middle and upper drones props turn while playing game on my DILE, only the lower one. Any way to test these? Do these activate only after reaching certain level during the game?
J.B.

#7741 4 years ago
Quoted from FTMYpinballfan:

Have a couple of questions. Never seen the middle and upper
drones props turn while playing game on my DILE, only the lower
one. Any way to test these? Do these activate only after reaching
certain level during the game?
J.B.

yes, go into test devices.

#7742 4 years ago

New Dialed In owner here, did a quick search through the forums and only come up with posts about the phone screen going blank. I had my game on Saturday waiting for people to come over, came back downstairs and found the backbox screen was blank. Phone was still working. Power cycled the game and it came back on and worked the rest of the night. Has anyone else had this happen? Code is the latest one.

#7743 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

It's 95% in my eyes. They just need to make the Bob targets changeable and some sort of final goal to station multiball.

#7744 4 years ago
Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

DI is clearly one of the best pins ever made... I have space and budget for 4 high end pins, and I’m eyeing JJP games. Do you all feel that DI is somewhat similar to what we’ve seen on Wonka? Would people here consider owning both in a small collection or go for more diversity? Thanks in advance!

Lawlor designs games with similar strategy, but they are always very different. I can't think of any of his games that play and feel too similar. DI and Wonka would be fantastic. I don't love Pirates as much as others, but pinheads rave about it. That would be a killer lineup. All that being said, it is nice to have some older machines for a different feel. I'd suggest TZ (older Lawlor) and maybe a Stern IMDN for some snappy, high speed and deep code.

#7745 4 years ago

IMHO, at 1.57 I consider it complete. Personally, I feel it has met every expectation the theme could possibly have. Not venturing back in to the new code (1.61) due to the animation delays and misc bugs.

#7746 4 years ago

Just setup my first DILE a few hours ago, working on getting it dialed in This pin has had my attention for a year now.. finally in my collection.

I am on 1.52 currently.

Does anyone have a link to 1.57 code hosted somewhere ? JJP only has 1.60+ on their website from what I can tell.

I'd prefer to try 1.57 from the posts I have been reading on 1.60+

#7747 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Just setup my first DILE a few hours ago, working on getting it
dialed in This pin has had my attention for a year now.. finally
in my collection.
I am on 1.52 currently.
Does anyone have a link to 1.57 code hosted somewhere ? JJP only
has 1.60+ on their website from what I can tell.
I'd prefer to try 1.57 from the posts I have been reading on
1.60+

IMHO 1.57 is the best version. If you have a drop box or something similar, I can send it to you.

#7748 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

IMHO 1.57 is the best version. If you have a drop box or something similar, I can send it to you.

If that takes place, I'd like to be next for said drop box as mine will probably be in a similar boat! Please

#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

Just setup my first DILE a few hours ago, working on getting it
dialed in This pin has had my attention for a year now.. finally
in my collection.
I am on 1.52 currently.
Does anyone have a link to 1.57 code hosted somewhere ? JJP only
has 1.60+ on their website from what I can tell.
I'd prefer to try 1.57 from the posts I have been reading on
1.60+

Here is the 1.57 update
http://159.203.76.48/di/di_update_157.zip

Here is the 1.50 Full install if you need to roll back from 1.60+
http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Here is the 1.57 update
http://159.203.76.48/di/di_update_157.zip

Here is the 1.50 Full install if you need to roll back from 1.60+
http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

Thanks for posting these! I have been running 1.61 but have been thinking about backing it down due to the animation delays.

I assume I need to do a full install of the 1.50 first and then update that with the 1.57?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.