IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 273.
#7651 4 years ago

24 hours from now the game will be making its slow move up the stairs....

#7652 4 years ago

Hi Everyone
Just picked up a Dialed In, have got a few light out in the areas shown in the photo. Please can some one advice how and what to do before I start tinkering.
Thankyou Simon

0E112921-FB25-48C1-B05B-3776DDE2BC8C (resized).jpeg0E112921-FB25-48C1-B05B-3776DDE2BC8C (resized).jpeg
#7653 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi Everyone
Just picked up a Dialed In, have got a few light out in the areas shown in the photo. Please can some one advice how and what to do before I start tinkering.
Thankyou Simon
[quoted image]

Start with the basics by checking the connectors to that board. Reseat them if they are plugged in. Do this with the power off.

#7654 4 years ago

Let's get this disaster started

15563798201855363467236653093072 (resized).jpg15563798201855363467236653093072 (resized).jpg
#7655 4 years ago

give us that phone back !!!

#7656 4 years ago

To all you owners or frequent players... what is your highest score to date, what does a typical "great" game top out at for you... my highest score is only 2.38 million and I've had what I consider some pretty good games. All settings standard except I have the sim card carryover set. Code 1.57 and I've probably only achieved Chaos on quantum city like 7 or so times in about 6 months of ownership. How often are you all getting to Chaos as an example? I feel like I'm doing great if I've collected 3 sim cards... what say you owners or frequent players?

#7657 4 years ago

i say dont worry with your "level", as you have fun playing, that's the most important...

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

To all you owners or frequent players... what is your highest score to date, what does a typical "great" game top out at for you... my highest score is only 2.38 million and I've had what I consider some pretty good games. All settings standard except I have the sim card carryover set. Code 1.57 and I've probably only achieved Chaos on quantum city like 7 or so times in about 6 months of ownership. How often are you all getting to Chaos as an example? I feel like I'm doing great if I've collected 3 sim cards... what say you owners or frequent players?

That sounds about right for me, except without the SIM card carryover. It is a tough game!

#7659 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi Everyone
Thankyou Simon
[quoted image]

Also iv also got a fault showing Crazy Bob’s trap door switch closed. Any advise would be appreciated.

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Any advise would be appreciated.

Fix it.

Under playfield only one switch involved. See if it's stuck closed, or trap door not releasing it open going up. Or trap door never going up.

Yellow arrow points to switch.

LTG : )

trapdoorswitch (resized).JPGtrapdoorswitch (resized).JPG
#7661 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

For me, highest score is 7M, most of my 'good' scores are 2.5-3.5M. But i can easily have a run of games where i only get 500k to 1M.

I can get to Chaos in maybe 50% of games i play, have got Armageddon maybe 10 times, Final Showdown still eludes me. Just yesterday i changed the sim to carry over, once i see Showdown, i will change it back to factory!

I've owned it for 18 months and love it. Can easily backhand the scoop, but i still am very inconsistent with the SIM shot.

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

For me, highest score is 7M, most of my 'good' scores are 2.5-3.5M. But i can easily have a run of games where i only get 500k to 1M.
I can get to Chaos in maybe 50% of games i play, have got Armageddon maybe 10 times, Final Showdown still eludes me. Just yesterday i changed the sim to carry over, once i see Showdown, i will change it back to factory!
I've owned it for 18 months and love it. Can easily backhand the scoop, but i still am very inconsistent with the SIM shot.

more than the same

#7663 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

11.6M is my best to date. Collected all cards and got to showdown.

#7664 4 years ago

Eagle has landed! My son is incredibly overjoyed that his favorite machine is back in our home. Funny thing: my old DILE was 997, and this machine is 996. That’ll never happen again Side note, gotta love when your wife asks where the machines gonna go, and you say “bedroom”.

09BDE062-2827-4CD0-B508-55EC5227F872 (resized).jpeg09BDE062-2827-4CD0-B508-55EC5227F872 (resized).jpegBD2A6152-31E1-4417-A88E-7BFA5A887A61 (resized).jpegBD2A6152-31E1-4417-A88E-7BFA5A887A61 (resized).jpeg

#7665 4 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Interesting. I have a mantis in my phone scoop. I get a ton of bounce outs. What protector if any do you have on the phone scoop?

I feel the bounce outs constrain me.

#7666 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Interesting. I have a mantis in my phone scoop. I get a ton of bounce outs. What protector if any do you have on the phone scoop?

I think I have JJP protectors and its really not an issue for me with default flipper settings (although sim card is very hard). Maybe check to see that your flipper settings are default or lower?

#7667 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I find the Mantis doesn't fit as well as other Mantis protectors I've used. I've been meaning to contact him. Bounce outs are very frustrating.

#7668 4 years ago

I haven't any issues with the Manits protector. If you are seen frequent bounce outs, I would check flipper coil strength (not too strong or it'll bounce out) or push the scoop bend down a little. It may have bent upwards slightly over time.

#7669 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I find the Mantis doesn't fit as well as other Mantis protectors I've used. I've been meaning to contact him. Bounce outs are very frustrating.

I have a Mantis on mine. Zero rejects.

#7670 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't any issues with the Manits protector. If you are seen frequent bounce outs, I would check flipper coil strength (not too strong or it'll bounce out) or push the scoop bend down a little. It may have bent upwards slightly over time.

Why would an upwards bend of the scoop affect the bouce back rate?

Quoted from PinLen83:

I have a Mantis on mine. Zero rejects.

Could you take a pic of yours? I want to see if the sides of the scoop (vertical walls on both sides of the scoop) are less forward than mine are in relation to the rubber posts...

#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Could you take a pic of yours? I want to see if the sides of the scoop (vertical walls on both sides of the scoop) are less forward than mine are in relation to the rubber posts...

Absolutely will when I get home tonight

#7672 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I'm sure there are physics involved, and instead of trying to sound like I know what I'm talking about, I'll just say that I did a similar thing on my TNA, which is notorious for scoop rejects, and it helped that game immensely.

I bent the phone scoop for a different reason. I was having trouble with the scoop kicking out inconsistently. Sometimes it would hit the top of the sling, sometimes down the middle, and everywhere in between. I bent the phone scoop down a little bit, and it now consistently kicks it to the right flipper. Something easy enough to try and if it helps, awesome. If not, you're on your own

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

To all you owners or frequent players... what is your highest score to date, what does a typical "great" game top out at for you

14.4 million. 13 SIM cards. Breezed through Showdown. Haven't played it much since. Was hoping they'd expand the code a bit.

#7674 4 years ago

The rejects on the scoop are a combination of ball speed and scoop positioning. The scoop is often positioned too far forward, so high-speed balls will often bounce out. I just backhand the scoop. The early shot slows down the ball. Get used to post passing and backhanding and showdown will be in your future.

#7675 4 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the extra ball light not coming on? It’s work all other times when it’s called for during modes, etc. Test mode works fine in all colors.

Ideas?

#7676 4 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Just broke my high score last week at around 3.25MM. Was more excited that I spelled DIALED without SIM card carry over and played 8 modes. Had one great ball and a couple of woulda coulda shoulda turd balls.

I noticed that Special became lit when my Phone Upgraded to spell DIALED. Of course the ball then drained out the wrong lane ending my game.

9FAADF7E-4791-469B-9683-E82183252E28 (resized).jpeg9FAADF7E-4791-469B-9683-E82183252E28 (resized).jpeg
#7677 4 years ago

We joined the club tonight!

IMG_20190503_205500 (resized).jpgIMG_20190503_205500 (resized).jpg
#7678 4 years ago

I just updated to 1.61 the other day, I had been avoiding it due to some reported issues. I figured I am going to have to eventually. There is a lot I like about the update but I miss multiball starting off beat while the audio "now you're dialed in" plays. It kept you on your toes. I noticed the random insert is no longer lit when random award is ready, not sure if that is intentional or a bug. One thing I can confirm as others have reported is coil firing seems to be a little all over the place. Phone scoop, kickback, skill shot kickback. There does seem to be a bit of delay between audio and video on the phone display (and I'm not a gamer), not a big deal to me but the erratic coils drive me nuts. Hopefully this can be ironed out. 1.57 was perfect in my opinion, my game played awesome.

#7679 4 years ago

Does this game have a physical ball lock for MB? It does it just stop in the station, then get released along with however many balls you have "locked" from the trough?

#7680 4 years ago

Station has 4 optos for ball lock positions so it keeps balls locked.

#7681 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Station has 4 optos for ball lock positions so it keeps balls locked.

Mine keeps kicking them out. Is there a way to change this in the menu? Thanks in advance!

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Mine keeps kicking them out. Is there a way to change this in the menu? Thanks in advance!

Check to see if there is a setting for virtual ball locks and turn it off. I can’t remember if there is one, but I can look later. I bet there is.

#7683 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Check to see if there is a setting for virtual ball locks and turn it off. I can’t remember if there is one, but I can look later. I bet there is.

We fixed it. Thanks!

#7684 4 years ago

Two questions:

Is there a way to turn the Crazy Bob sign so it's easier to see? They made it so only someone standing to the right of the machine can read it!

Anyone have any pointers on hitting the SIM card shot more frequently? So far I just pray it goes in on a lucky bounce!

#7685 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is there a way to turn the Crazy Bob sign so it's easier to see?

Check out post 2134 on this thread.

#7686 4 years ago

Oh, and I'm at 1.57. Should I update to 1.61? And if so, how should I go about it? Do I need to update to 1.60 first?

#7687 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And if so, how should I go about it?

Carefully follow the instructions on the Support - Downloads - Dialed In page. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Do I need to update to 1.60 first?

Yes.

Wait and let players respond if you should update or not.

#7688 4 years ago

1.57 was more than OK
1.61 add few little things, but also some "probs" as coils power, and glitches in animations
... than try by yourself, if not happy simply go back

SIM card shot : same as the GEM shot on TRON, but inverted : with left flipper > rebound on the right rubber drone > and BOUM, in the SIM hole

crazy bob sign : easy to turn/fix it by yourself, i did it, while i have 2 left hands, than evbd can do it ! lol

#7689 4 years ago

Quickly chiming in that 1.57 on my example plays pretty damn flawlessly.
I’ve held off on 1.61 due to a number of reported probs as RipleYYY indicated above.

#7690 4 years ago

Anyone questioning weather or not to update to 1.61, don't. I regret updating, I only did it because I had my drones replaced and JJP suggests to update to 1.61. After a bunch of games on it trying to "deal with it" I think I'm done with it and going to roll back. This update needs to go back in the oven, its way too wonky with the coil firing. I am surprised they released it as is. Oddly though I could be wrong but the theater throw magnet seems to be more reliable in 1.61.

#7691 4 years ago

I had the game of my life last night but am wondering if i need to put an * next to my 7.6MM score. I got into Chaos multiball and two balls got stuck in front of the mechanics arm. I was able to keep the live ball going for a long time before it drained and I was able to free the stuck balls. Racked up a ton of points during that. Also first time I had completed 6 modes. This game is so much fun just don't know if this round should really count as my best since I got a little help.

#7692 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

We fixed it. Thanks!

Was there a setting for this? I looked but didn't see anything. The most balls mine ever holds is 2, any after that and it releases the first one.

#7693 4 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

I had the game of my life last night but am wondering if i need to put an * next to my 7.6MM score. I got into Chaos multiball and two balls got stuck in front of the mechanics arm. I was able to keep the live ball going for a long time before it drained and I was able to free the stuck balls. Racked up a ton of points during that. Also first time I had completed 6 modes. This game is so much fun just don't know if this round should really count as my best since I got a little help.

Sounds like "strategy" to me... great score!

#7694 4 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

that's cheating of course... but nobody knows (lol)...

#7695 4 years ago
Quoted from jclausing:

Was there a setting for this? I looked but didn't see anything. The most balls mine ever holds is 2, any after that and it releases the first one.

Yes, there is a setting for physical ball locks. Mine was turned off (obviously).

I've had it holding three balls before.

#7696 4 years ago

Hi All, Just got my first Dialed In and love it but the static is very loud. What can I do?
Thanks! T

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballT:

Hi All, Just got my first Dialed In and love it but the static is very loud. What can I do?
Thanks! T

Go to post 2846. Or do a search in this forum "filter". Anyhow there is a filter you can install. Its cheap and easy.

#7698 4 years ago

...another DI thread subscriber and happy owner to #922. Received the 'white glove' delivery last week and already performing my mods - mirror blades, Station 3 enhancement, Crazy Bob relocations and Mechanic sign light.
This machine is unlike anything I've played in terms of lights, sounds and code.
While I printed and re-read the rule sheet several times, I still cannot get a thorough understanding on a strategy to advance in the modes. Basically charge phone, shoot phone VUK and follow procedures (ramps, Big Bang, Theater, etc.) in satisfying that specific mode? My ball times are very short and SDTM from Theater is often. Need to check the pitch of playfield. Where is this measured, between flippers like AFM?

20190425_153244 (resized).jpg20190425_153244 (resized).jpg20190427_140424 (resized).jpg20190427_140424 (resized).jpg20190505_194417 (resized).jpg20190505_194417 (resized).jpg20190505_194428 (resized).jpg20190505_194428 (resized).jpg20190505_194437 (resized).jpg20190505_194437 (resized).jpg
#7699 4 years ago

Dude that DI is looking sweet!
Check your side to side for level
right above flipper an higher up on playfield with a torpedo level.
6.5 to 7 degrees.Ball should not drain sdtm

#7700 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

...another DI thread subscriber and happy owner to #922. Received the 'white glove' delivery last week and already performing my mods - mirror blades, Station 3 enhancement, Crazy Bob relocations and Mechanic sign light.
This machine is unlike anything I've played in terms of lights, sounds and code.
While I printed and re-read the rule sheet several times, I still cannot get a thorough understanding on a strategy to advance in the modes. Basically charge phone, shoot phone VUK and follow procedures (ramps, Big Bang, Theater, etc.) in satisfying that specific mode? My ball times are very short and SDTM from Theater is often. Need to check the pitch of playfield. Where is this measured, between flippers like AFM?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What exactly did you do to move the Crazy Bob sign?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/154?hl=holminone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.