IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 273.
#7601 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Did you do a complete install of 1.60 before doing the delta update of 1.61?

I was on 1.60, yes.

#7602 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

This morning I was looking at game reviews of DI and others, and found something I cannot explain: Why is it that the player rating on DI continues to decline, while submitted ratings are consistently high? For example, here's a screen shot of the rating trend on DI, from this morning (lower graph with the blue line):
So I recorded all the ratings submitted from the last 4 months - ie, since Jan this year. In that time there have been 27 ratings added, with an average of 9.005. Yet, the ratings chart shows a continual decline in rating in the same time period: from January to April, DI has gone from 8.575 to 8.541.
Is the rating system screwed up? This cannot be correct, at least as far as I see and understand what's being presented on the ratings page. The last 27 submissions average 9.005, so the game average should be moving UP not down. ???
[quoted image]

robin might know?

I noticed a similar discrepancy with JJPOTC LE.

#7603 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I was on 1.60, yes.

My next step would be to reformat the usb stick to FAT32 and try the installations again.

#7604 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My next step would be to reformat the usb stick to FAT32 and try the installations again.

I did. It's just not doing anything. Maybe I'll try shaking it...

#7605 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I did. It's just not doing anything. Maybe I'll try shaking it...

After you're done shaking it, try another USB stick?

#7606 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Might be joining the club soon. Can anyone tell me the major issues I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.

drones not all working.

#7607 5 years ago

Something went wrong. Do full install again and follow directions carefully. Try an 8GB or 16GB USB stick. The game can be fussy about them.

Once that is right, then do the delta update.

LTG : )

#7608 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

This morning I was looking at game reviews of DI and others, and found something I cannot explain: Why is it that the player rating on DI continues to decline, while submitted ratings are consistently high? For example, here's a screen shot of the rating trend on DI, from this morning (lower graph with the blue line):
So I recorded all the ratings submitted from the last 4 months - ie, since Jan this year. In that time there have been 27 ratings added, with an average of 9.005. Yet, the ratings chart shows a continual decline in rating in the same time period: from January to April, DI has gone from 8.575 to 8.541.
Is the rating system screwed up? This cannot be correct, at least as far as I see and understand what's being presented on the ratings page. The last 27 submissions average 9.005, so the game average should be moving UP not down. ???
[quoted image]

The fact that LE's decide ranking destroyed any semblance of an accurate list anyway. This kind of thing becomes moot.

#7609 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The fact that LE's decide ranking destroyed any semblance of an accurate list anyway. This kind of thing becomes moot.

What I'm putting focus on here isn't the actual ranking of the pin. Its what looks like a bug in the Pinside software to me. Why is the ranking going down, when the data should be driving it up?

#7610 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

robin might know?

Thanks. I'll drop him a note and let y'all know of I get an answer.

#7611 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

drones not all working.

True, but I wouldn't let that keep me from making a purchase. I think drone problems are pretty common, and you hardly notice them going off in the game anyway. I had heard JJP was coming out with more robust drones, but I'm not sure what happened with that.

#7612 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

What I'm putting focus on here isn't the actual ranking of the pin. Its what looks like a bug in the Pinside software to me. Why is the ranking going down, when the data should be driving it up?

Well, you are addressing an anomaly in the ranking of the pin, so it has to do with ranking. The LE issue introduces are far worse anomoly, so I'm just saying it doesn't matter either way. The ranking system is completely broken. Hopefully he'll fix this smaller issue and maybe one day the bigger one.

#7613 5 years ago

Can anyone share their experience with returning their drones to JJP and getting repairs / replacements. Are the replacements robust on installation or are they best kept turned off. I have sent mine back from Australia and don’t really want to have to pay postage again. Thanks.

#7614 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Can anyone share their experience with returning their drones to JJP and getting repairs / replacements. Are the replacements robust on installation or are they best kept turned off. I have sent mine back from Australia and don’t really want to have to pay postage again. Thanks.

I just got a replacement set. I was also told to make sure to update to newest code. I installed my new ones but have them off cause I didn’t update code yet.

#7615 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I’m just waiting for the same issue to occur. In the meantime I sourced the AliExpress motors previously referenced in this thread. Cheap plus free shipping to Aus. As long as it’s just the motors and not the boards I’ll be fine.

I did also find the source of the drones on ali express so I can replace them if the motors don’t work.

Links : AU $2.21
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cZkWB9vI

AU $12.77 Cx-10 helis
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bLTa8Y00

#7616 5 years ago

Got my game back up and running. It's being played right now by a first-timer and he's having a great time. This game still pleases like crazy.

#7617 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I just got a replacement set. I was also told to make sure to update to newest code. I installed my new ones but have them off cause I didn’t update code yet.

Only one of mine failed. Did all 3 fail for you? How hard/long did it take to replace? I haven't done mine yet.

#7618 5 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Only one of mine failed. Did all 3 fail for you? How hard/long did it take to replace? I haven't done mine yet.

Replaced all three in mine even though only two stopped. Take the ramp out and it's pretty easy. Maybe 30 minutes.

#7619 5 years ago

yeah I talked to jjp on the phone, new code update just lessens the usage of the drones so they won't wear out so fast. prob just a temp fix cause drones are just made cheap as hell and that's about all they can do with the design.

#7620 5 years ago

i just desactived them (all 3 were/are working) on mine...

#7621 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I’m just waiting for the same issue to occur. In the meantime I sourced the AliExpress motors previously referenced in this thread. Cheap plus free shipping to Aus. As long as it’s just the motors and not the boards I’ll be fine.
I did also find the source of the drones on ali express so I can replace them if the motors don’t work.
Links : AU $2.21
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cZkWB9vI
AU $12.77 Cx-10 helis
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bLTa8Y00

useless, JJP have their own control boards in those drones not whatever is in those drones you show

#7622 5 years ago

So if you were to buy just one pin, would you do a diled in LE or a pirates SE?

#7623 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

if you're a player, it will be DI
if you're a collector, than P

#7624 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I had DILE for over a year. Owned a POTC SE and just upgraded to a POTC CE. For me, DILE just wasn’t fun. POTC has it all.
Don’t miss DI one bit.

#7625 5 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

All 3 failed. Not to hard to change. Took me about 30 minutes. Just watch your cable routing. If you need to just snap a few pictures.

#7626 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

robin might know?

Here is one I can’t figure out, the pinsider staff rating for a JJPOTC SE is 6.329. The pinsider staff rating for TMNT, #306 in the top 100, is 6.363. Is this correct? Does this somehow equate into the rankings?

#7627 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Here is one I can’t figure out, the pinsider staff rating for a JJPOTC SE is 6.329. The pinsider staff rating for TMNT, #306 in the top 100, is 6.363. Is this correct? Does this somehow equate into the rankings?

Well that's sorta idiotic. I'd say pirates is at least as good as tmnt.

#7628 5 years ago

Going to check out a DILE later this week that's been routed for a while, but well maintained. Any frequent failure points or trouble areas I should make sure I pay special attention to?

#7629 5 years ago
Quoted from mettle64:

Going to check out a DILE later this week that's been routed for a while, but well maintained. Any frequent failure points or trouble areas I should make sure I pay special attention to?

Trap door (far left side). It might stick open, or not open at all, or only open halfway. All issues are easily fixable though through mech adjustments.

Check the side ramp when locking the ball in station 3. Then put a few more balls in it to see if it can handle it. Again, mech adjustments can fix this.

Scoop under phone. Mech adjustments.

There is a theater magnet. Just make sure it works. Changes the game if it's off.

Honestly, even though there are a lot of toys and gadgets in this game, it's relatively easy to maintain and adjust. Such a great game. Make sure you have a good hour minimum to play, because it's addicting.

#7630 5 years ago

+1 about the trapdoor, but this time for the flap, seems its often broken on this pin !?

it is on mince, but its broken "perfectly" (!) to be right in place with the playfield and to me not needing to be replaced (btw i got the NOS full top piece if... )

#7631 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

Thanks. I'll drop him a note and let y'all know of I get an answer.

Make sure that your filter for the ratings also includes the ratings without comments. There's a hand full of really low bogus ratings with no comments that will mess with the rating system.

#7632 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Trap door (far left side). It might stick open, or not open at all, or only open halfway. All issues are easily fixable though through mech adjustments.
Check the side ramp when locking the ball in station 3. Then put a few more balls in it to see if it can handle it. Again, mech adjustments can fix this.
Scoop under phone. Mech adjustments.
There is a theater magnet. Just make sure it works. Changes the game if it's off.
Honestly, even though there are a lot of toys and gadgets in this game, it's relatively easy to maintain and adjust. Such a great game. Make sure you have a good hour minimum to play, because it's addicting.

Thanks for the quick run down! I've played a few times on location and really enjoyed the layout and the theme. Just want to make sure I'm not taking home a fun game with a series of small projects required.

#7633 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Pinsider Staff Ratings aren't used to rank the Top 100. Its only submitted ratings that are used for the rankings.

Quoted from KingBW:

Make sure that your filter for the ratings also includes the ratings without comments. There's a hand full of really low bogus ratings with no comments that will mess with the rating system.

Ah HA! That was it. There have been a number of very low scores for DI submitted with no comment.

#7634 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

you mean... haters ?

#7635 5 years ago

to Scott : my son WAS right, it WAS 31... but now its :

240419 (resized).jpg240419 (resized).jpg

#7636 5 years ago

Only 3 more days until I officially join the club!!! come on time hurry up and lets get this disaster party started.

#7637 5 years ago

I can understand if someone doesn't like the game because of theme. 100% get it.

But if the theme doesn't bother you, or even appeals to you, this game is amazing. Modes are mixed and different. You can complete the objectives or go for the big bang. You can use multiball to help you complete objectives or to help with sim cards.

If you focused a ton on crazy BOB modes or theater multiball, you can earn some serious points as well.

THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF TO DO!

And it's difficult as hell. I've completed everything at least once, but never all of it in a single game. This is the greatest pin I've ever played. I keep hitting the start button so many times in a row until I run out of time, NOT until I'm bored.

Someone said it before, that this game could be one that people start snapping up when they realize how great it really is. I won't be letting go of mine any time soon.

#7638 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:I can understand if someone doesn't like the game because of theme. 100% get it.
But if the theme doesn't bother you, or even appeals to you, this game is amazing. Modes are mixed and different. You can complete the objectives or go for the big bang. You can use multiball to help you complete objectives or to help with sim cards.
If you focused a ton on crazy BOB modes or theater multiball, you can earn some serious points as well.
THERE'S SO MUCH STUFF TO DO!
And it's difficult as hell. I've completed everything at least once, but never all of it in a single game. This is the greatest pin I've ever played. I keep hitting the start button so many times in a row until I run out of time, NOT until I'm bored.
Someone said it before, that this game could be one that people start snapping up when they realize how great it really is. I won't be letting go of mine any time soon.

I agree and I love the theme. DI's theme is simply a battle between you and an evil tech company, Dialed In on a deeper level in the real world the connection between the blind faith that our tech companies demand of us. You can make that connection of the All Seeing Eye with "Trust Us" as the Dialed In logo. DI has the story that plays out as you play the game which makes pinball special.

Where JJP screwed up is giving some people too much credit that they would "get it". They also could have marketed it better on the release instead of relying on the pinball community saying "We want more original themes." They got a good original theme and the community called it a "cell phone game". Also I will also concede that having a theme that isn't familiar to the general population didn't work well on location, but starting a mode is so intuitive and gets someone hooked into the story better than most pins with a familiar theme.

There will be haters on every theme but I for one like it.

#7639 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

you mean... haters ?

Yeah I think so, but also lots of morons.

#7640 4 years ago

Why are JJP games so finicky about doing a code update? I just updated my woz to 7.01 with out troubles. I formatted the zip drive and have tried to put the 1.60 code on the stick 4 different times without any success of the game reading it. I re-downloaded the code to try again and no workie...was there any difference between 1.57 and 1.61? Super frustrating and a big time waste.

#7641 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Why are JJP games so finicky about doing a code update? I just updated my woz to 7.01 with out troubles. I formatted the zip drive and have tried to put the 1.60 code on the stick 4 different times without any success of the game reading it. I re-downloaded the code to try again and no workie...was there any difference between 1.57 and 1.61? Super frustrating and a big time waste.

1.6 is a full update, not just a copy to the stick deal.

#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

1.6 is a full update, not just a copy to the stick deal.

I tried using both https://unetbootin.github.io/ and https://rufus.ie/, neither one would unzip the code correctly for uploading. It worked fine on WOZ

#7643 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I tried using both https://unetbootin.github.io/ and https://rufus.ie/, neither one would unzip the code correctly for uploading. It worked fine on WOZ

I am sure you know this but just in case, use Rufus or unetbootin to copy/install the files to the usb drive.
The instructions can be found here:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

Make sure you are using a USB drive that isn't too big also you might try a different USB drive.

#7644 4 years ago

Agree that the game is great, but there is one code alteration that is needed that would take this game from great to epic. The left flipper should change the lit Bob targets just like the morph targets in Pinball Magic. If you could move the lit targets, you'd be able to at least have a chance to get through the Bob modes. This would bring the Bob features toward the forefront similar to the theatre mb rule changes. If you've played PM, you'll know just how great this feature would be, as PM's targets light kickback in the same way.

#7645 4 years ago

Wanna see something cRaZy!?!? Try installing the new WOZ code on a Dialed In machine.
It's like a totally different game!!!!

P.S. I'm just kidding. Don't really try this.

#7646 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I am sure you know this but just in case, use Rufus or unetbootin to copy/install the files to the usb drive.
The instructions can be found here:
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/
Make sure you are using a USB drive that isn't too big also you might try a different USB drive.

Correct, I have done everything by the book. I had no issues with 1.57. It's just silly, no reason for the issues. Guess I will buy another one to try. Worked before...works for WOZ, no reason it shouldn't.

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Agree that the game is great, but there is one code alteration that is needed that would take this game from great to epic. The left flipper should change the lit Bob targets just like the morph targets in Pinball Magic. If you could move the lit targets, you'd be able to at least have a chance to get through the Bob modes. This would bring the Bob features toward the forefront similar to the theatre mb rule changes. If you've played PM, you'll know just how great this feature would be, as PM's targets light kickback in the same way.

yes ! simple idea, but a great one (as the lower target cant be hit with a direct shot), and easy to code

suppose Ted is still not too far and reading here...

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes ! simple idea, but a great one (as the lower target cant be hit with a direct shot), and easy to code
suppose Ted is still not too far and reading here...

I agree. Great idea. I think sometimes they don't want to mess with a good code, so make it an option in the game settings.

#7649 4 years ago

Re-joining the club after a year DI-hiatus. Just as excited as the day I bought one NIB!

DILE (resized).jpgDILE (resized).jpg
#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just did mine yesterday, had to turn off machine twice before it recognized it, try rebooting it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/153?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.