IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 273.
#7551 5 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I was having a pretty good game until the drone magnet threw the ball. It actually went airborne and landed inside the left sling.
Is this a fluke or would adding extra rubbers on the sling help?
[quoted image]

I replaced mine with a size down from what it came with

#7552 5 years ago

I vote fluke.

#7553 5 years ago

Flippers died in the middle of a game then worked after the ball drained, happened several times last night. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet , anyone else have this happen?

#7554 5 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

... Well not to spoil it for anyone but my daughter found objects that fly past the moon at the replay match screen about 30% of the time...

COOL !

never noticed that before, and than i played few games to check it, and yes, got "something" there (but shuuuut no spoiler)
you wrote objects with a S, than i'll be looking for more/others
tanx for the tip, thumbs up for your daughter

#7555 5 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Flippers died in the middle of a game then worked after the ball drained, happened several times last night. I haven't done any troubleshooting yet , anyone else have this happen?

Probably a bad opto or solder connection in the ball trough. When (False) triggered it thinks that the ball has drained and is in the trough.

#7556 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Probably a bad opto or solder connection in the ball trough. When (False) triggered it thinks that the ball has drained and is in the trough.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

#7558 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

COOL !
you wrote objects with a S,

I sure did. By now you probably figured most of them out. It's a really cool touch.

#7559 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I totally forgot if I read somewhere if someone has/hasn't solved this ball trap behind the phone. Did someone come up with a solution? It seems like a post would have to be screwed on at the location I'm pointing at?
[quoted image]

mine got stuck there today, not sure what they were thinking here.

#7560 5 years ago

Just a quick bump to let you all know I have a gorgeous NIB pf signed by Jack for sale at:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-playfield-brand-new-and-signed#post-4875496

#7561 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

mine got stuck there today, not sure what they were thinking here.

Fortunately..its an easy fix. A quick drill and done. Upper playfield is easy to remove too.

So, I got both choices.

20190413_141507 (resized).jpg20190413_141507 (resized).jpg

20190413_141526 (resized).jpg20190413_141526 (resized).jpg

The smaller plastic post would work just as well as the full sized post, but I think looks a little wimpy. To keep everything consistent with the other post on the upper playfield, I went with that one.

And finished product!

20190413_170024 (resized).jpg20190413_170024 (resized).jpg

#7562 5 years ago

Introduced myself to Pat Laylor at MGC show Friday.
Told him I have DI and love it. He said thanks for purchasing it.

#7563 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Introduced myself to Pat Laylor at MGC show Friday.
Told him I have DI and love it. He said thanks for purchasing it.

I had a chance to talk to Joe and Pat tonight at MGC as well. Told Joe I heard him almost every day. At first he seemed confused, then I told him that I played DI almost every day lol

#7564 5 years ago

Where is the Match setting in the menu? I just noticed I don't get that at the end of a game.

#7565 5 years ago

My trap door stopped staying open. I lifted the playfield and to my surprise, the spring in the picture below was missing. I looked everywhere for that spring and it was no where to be found! HOW!?

So right now, I have a spring that you would find in a push-button pen holding it together. It actually works, but I don't count on it lasting long. Where can I get a replacement spring? Could I just pick one up somewhere or do I have to place a special order for it?

Screen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.03.24 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-14 at 9.03.24 PM (resized).png
#7566 5 years ago

Greetings. Really enjoying this pin.
Learning the rules and progressing, though I doubt I’ll spell Dialed In anytime soon to start wizard mode.

Anyway, two quick questions:

My pin came without the cliffy on the phone scoop. Previous owner said the shot was hard enough and took it off. However, I decided to put it on to protect a high wear area. Do shots bounce out more often with the cliffy? What are you guys doing there? I like the protection but don’t want shots bouncing out of there.
Also, ball gets caught up behind the QE man on the track pretty regularly. Anything I can do to ensure it bounces off of the back of him and stays in play?

Thanks guys!

#7567 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Learning the rules and progressing, though I doubt I’ll spell Dialed In anytime soon to start wizard mode.
My pin came without the cliffy on the phone scoop. Previous owner said the shot was hard enough and took it off. However, I decided to put it on to protect a high wear area. Do shots bounce out more often with the cliffy? What are you guys doing there? I like the protection but don’t want shots bouncing out of there.
Also, ball gets caught up behind the QE man on the track pretty regularly. Anything I can do to ensure it bounces off of the back of him and stays in play?
Thanks guys!

Get a mantis protector

#7568 5 years ago

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the club! Raise your pitch a little and that may help.

#7569 5 years ago

Thanks guys!

What sort of rejects are you getting? soft ones or metal clanging?

Double check that your scoop is far enough back. pics here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/121#post-4670653

I have a fairly early production le and my scoop was waaaay forward so that the metal edges were past the rubbers. This caused no end of rejects.
I moved it and no more rejects and im using a cliffy on that hole.

#7570 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

What sort of rejects are you getting? soft ones or metal clanging?
Double check that your scoop is far enough back. pics here : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/121#post-4670653
I have a fairly early production le and my scoop was waaaay forward so that the metal edges were past the rubbers. This caused no end of rejects.
I moved it and no more rejects and im using a cliffy on that hole.

Do you still have enough space behind the scoop to remove the phone? The phone has a rather large plastic wire connector under the PF.

#7571 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Where is the Match setting in the menu? I just noticed I don't get that at the end of a game.

bumps

#7572 5 years ago

Ok, so after having some power issues with my Pingraffix Power Blades, I exchanged them for the Mirror Blade Skins. At TPF I was assured that they were easy to install, they just adhesive on. I get them in the mail and there's written instructions for a Williams machine, a set of screws, a bolt hole too small to go over the whole thing, and no adhesive to be seen. 4 days later and no response back from Joe via email.

These things are beautiful though and I'm determined to make them work. So has anyone else installed these on their machine? I've never removed the hinge bolts before and I keep hearing that machines are different on removing it. Do the Dialed In bolts remove easily or do I need to get out the rubber hammer and a point? What do I need to look out for? I'm also waiting for a set of blade protectors to come in before I install them.

#7573 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I’m not near my game but it had it off and turned it back on awhile back. If you go into the match settings and raise it above 0% it should come back on.

#7574 5 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I’m not near my game but it had it off and turned it back on awhile back. If you go into the match settings and raise it above 0% it should come back on.

I found it. No idea why I couldn't find it yesterday.

#7575 5 years ago

I just found out that some of these games have a mini post to the right of the phone scoop (with a rubber) and some have two post sleeves. Is there any consensus on which is better? Does either configuration help with phone scoop rejects?

#7576 5 years ago

The early batch has the rubber. Now uses sleeves. Somewhere after #150 or so they made the change.

#7577 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ok, so after having some power issues with my Pingraffix Power Blades, I exchanged them for the Mirror Blade Skins. At TPF I was assured that they were easy to install, they just adhesive on. I get them in the mail and there's written instructions for a Williams machine, a set of screws, a bolt hole too small to go over the whole thing, and no adhesive to be seen. 4 days later and no response back from Joe via email.
These things are beautiful though and I'm determined to make them work. So has anyone else installed these on their machine? I've never removed the hinge bolts before and I keep hearing that machines are different on removing it. Do the Dialed In bolts remove easily or do I need to get out the rubber hammer and a point? What do I need to look out for? I'm also waiting for a set of blade protectors to come in before I install them.

I ran into the same problem. I used a rat tail file to widen the holes so they would fit over the hinge bolts and other than that they fit perfectly.
I used the included screws to attach them.

#7578 5 years ago

LTG and others, I can’t, for the life of me, get my QED guy to stop “creeking” and “squeeking” when he moves. It’s very, very loud and obnoxious. I’ve tried oil in several spots. No luck. Does anybody have a detailed solution? Thanks guys!

#7579 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

The 5V connector to the trough boards had a splayed pin, reformed it all good...

Trough5V (resized).jpgTrough5V (resized).jpg
#7580 5 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Does anybody have a detailed solution?

Have you lifted the playfield up and leaned back and listened to it ? Try and spot where the noise is coming from. Oil that or see what it is rubbing on.

LTG : )

#7581 4 years ago

Anyone know what the reflection is in the captive ball?

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

ltg and others, I can’t, for the life of me, get my QED guy to stop “creeking” and “squeeking” when he moves. It’s very, very loud and obnoxious. I’ve tried oil in several spots. No luck. Does anybody have a detailed solution? Thanks guys!

Is it the guy and his rail or the motor? Disconnect the arm maybe to try and isolate.

#7583 4 years ago

Picked up a DI LE today.
Great game, I'm really enjoying it.
Is there any way to make the Crazy Bob awards random?
I checked the menu but couldn't find a adjustment.

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Picked up a DI LE today.
Great game, I'm really enjoying it.
Is there any way to make the Crazy Bob awards random?
I checked the menu but couldn't find a adjustment.

I believe they are random.

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I believe they are random.

On my game it's always selfie mode first then extra ball.
Haven't got any further than that yet.

#7586 4 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

On my game it's always selfie mode first then extra ball.
Haven't got any further than that yet.

Selfie mode is a "usual" priority for the random selection for a multi-player game - per the JJP programmers. In single player mode it is definitely more random.

#7587 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Selfie mode is a "usual" priority for the random selection for a multi-player game - per the JJP programmers. In single player mode it is definitely more random.

I just played a bunch of single player games and it was the same. Selfie...…..extra ball.

#7588 4 years ago

Check the competition mode listings in settings. The randomness might be turned off by that ... just guessing.

#7589 4 years ago

So I want in - I see a few games but if somebody happens to be ready to move on and close to Louisville hit me up.

#7590 4 years ago

Might be joining the club soon. Can anyone tell me the major issues I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.

#7591 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Might be joining the club soon. Can anyone tell me the major issues I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.

I would just read through the key posts so you get a feel for what adjustments might need to be made and what to look for. I believe all the major issues have been addressed and made into a key post.

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I spent some time tonight looking at why shots were bricking. It was consistently the scoop vertical reenforcements.
Lifted the pf and looked at the mech. Mine had been installed with a fair bit of slack space behind it for the cables etc. So my guess is that the mech is waaay forward in my machine.
As a test I unscrewed the entire mech and moved it around by hand. It didn’t hit anything else so I moved it as far back as I could go and put in a screw.
This instantly made the phone scoop so much better. I did have to realign the subway from the sim card. It had enough play to only require one end to be moved.
Measurements between old and new position is 7.5mm.
Old
[quoted image]
New
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ended up moving my scoop back also. My balls were getting destroyed, which I believe is from them hitting the scoop side supports. I am wondering if you are getting any playfield chipping on the back left side of the hole now that it is exposed more? I might have to fab up something to cover that spot. The scoop is so much smoother with it back farther. Entering and exiting.

#7593 4 years ago

Brand new pf signed by Jersey Jack still available:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76235

#7594 4 years ago

Does anybody have a pic of DILE with and without Radcals? Trying to justify the $400 cost. It’s the same artwork w a glossier finish and heavy duty material? It’s hard for me to discern the difference from pics I have seen.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Does anybody have a pic of DILE with and without Radcals? Trying to justify the $400 cost. It’s the same artwork w a glossier finish and heavy duty material? It’s hard for me to discern the difference from pics I have seen.

IMO it's a huge waste of money. Nobody ever examines the cabinet art and if they do they sure as hell aren't going to discern the difference unless they get up close - especially if it's in the middle of a collection.

#7596 4 years ago

You can't tell from a photo unless it's at angle with a reflection. The only difference is the radcals feel like a cleared playfield. Shiny but no difference except reflection. Now since I don't have the radcals I can't speak to the durability.

#7597 4 years ago

I seem to have a ball management issue with DI. The game moves so quick that there is nowhere to send a ball while you deal with another during multiballs. Not so much during a standard multiball but when stacked, things get crazy. Something I never really look to do (for reasons previously stated) it just kind of ends up happening due to circumstances. So this game gets me rocking like no other so far. With WOZ I didn't seem to have this problem, there were so many places to send a ball to get rid of it for a while. Pops are easy to hit, crystal ball has a little delay, same for Throne room. Castle playfield I can make a sandwich before that ball comes back around, magnet up top will grab a ball here and there. But DI....no freakn way, pedal to the floor...all the time. Its great though.

#7598 4 years ago

This morning I was looking at game reviews of DI and others, and found something I cannot explain: Why is it that the player rating on DI continues to decline, while submitted ratings are consistently high? For example, here's a screen shot of the rating trend on DI, from this morning (lower graph with the blue line):

So I recorded all the ratings submitted from the last 4 months - ie, since Jan this year. In that time there have been 27 ratings added, with an average of 9.005. Yet, the ratings chart shows a continual decline in rating in the same time period: from January to April, DI has gone from 8.575 to 8.541.

Is the rating system screwed up? This cannot be correct, at least as far as I see and understand what's being presented on the ratings page. The last 27 submissions average 9.005, so the game average should be moving UP not down. ???

Screenshot_2019-04-22 Dialed In Pinball Machine (Jersey Jack, 2017) - Reviews and ratings Pinside Game Archive (resized).pngScreenshot_2019-04-22 Dialed In Pinball Machine (Jersey Jack, 2017) - Reviews and ratings Pinside Game Archive (resized).png
#7599 4 years ago

I thought I had updated to 1.61, but had not. Decided to do it this morning. It appeared to update fine, but it won't reboot. It will show the JJP logo and the a static image on the phone and that's it.

Bricked.

IMG_20190422_110621 (resized).jpgIMG_20190422_110621 (resized).jpg
#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I thought I had updated to 1.61, but had not. Decided to do it this morning. It appeared to update fine, but it won't reboot. It will show the JJP logo and the a static image on the phone and that's it.
Bricked. [quoted image]

Did you do a complete install of 1.60 before doing the delta update of 1.61?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/152?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.