IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 273.
#7501 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I don’t think so. JJP tech was very vocal on here and in the newsgroup when the last two code updates dropped, but then when it was discovered there were bugs it’s been basically radio silence and no update for 3-4 months if not longer. I’m surprised it hasn’t been fixed/updated or at least addressed but maybe someone has some more info.

Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it safe to install the latest software yet? a few people were getting out of sync animations on the phone iirc.

Remove the Bluetooth dongle and see if that helps the animation syncing. It’s been a while, but I think it might have been determined it was the USB cable causing issues in some games. A higher quality cable was the solution. Rest if the code is fine.

#7502 5 years ago

What's a good replacement shooter rod for Dialed In?

Thanks

Gerry

#7503 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

I like the one I got from Modfathers. Also got the pincup.

#7504 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

Chrome Candy rods are on most of my pins. Solid metal in many different colors. Very nice!

#7505 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

Quoted from crwjumper:

Chrome Candy rods are on most of my pins. Solid metal in many different colors. Very nice!

I have the chrome candy blackberry one. Goes great with the armor on the LE.

#7506 5 years ago

I recently picked up a low play HUO Dialed In. One issue I'm trying to solve is my trap door is broken. It's stuck in the open position. Manually I can open and close the two coils fine. In test mode I get no power to the two coils so I realize that the fuse that controls those two coils is blown. I pulled connector J108 off the board and the fuse doesn't blow... So that tells me it's a short somewhere between the coils and the connector or the wires are wired wrong on the coil lugs?
Can someone post or pm me a pic of the wiring of the two coils? Anything else I should check? I also had to fix the coin door open switch that was wired wrong so I'm thinking it may be wired incorrectly from the factory.

Doug

#7507 5 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Can someone post or pm me a pic of the wiring of the two coils?

No diodes on the coils, so wires can go on either lug.

Check coil chart in the manual to find which wires go to which coil. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

LTG : )

#7508 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check coil chart in the manual to find which wires go to which coil. You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads.

Page C-136 in the manual

Trap Door Open - Pink wire with orange stripe and White wire with pink stripe
Trap Door Release - Pink wire with red stripe and White wire with pink stripe.

#7509 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page C-136 in the manual
Trap Door Open - Pink wire with orange stripe and White wire with pink stripe
Trap Door Release - Pink wire with red stripe and White wire with pink stripe.

Thanks Lloyd ....

#7510 5 years ago

Problem. The GI circuit that lights the left side lights and top led in the left out lane island isn’t working. I have checked the fuses which appear ok. I have taken out a working led board and swapped it out for all on the circuit, following the gray wires back. No result. Any ideas.

#7511 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I have checked the fuses which appear ok

The little surface mounted ones have an LED next to them. Green good, red back. Check power to the boards, be sure ethernet cables are on tight at LED board and HUB board.

#7512 5 years ago

I totally forgot if I read somewhere if someone has/hasn't solved this ball trap behind the phone. Did someone come up with a solution? It seems like a post would have to be screwed on at the location I'm pointing at?

2019-04-05_1814 (resized).png2019-04-05_1814 (resized).png

#7513 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The little surface mounted ones have an LED next to them. Green good, red back. Check power to the boards, be sure ethernet cables are on tight at LED board and HUB board.

Are these the leds that are meant to be green.

2E9D24F5-E57F-4E3B-9335-2ADCA86511E4 (resized).jpeg2E9D24F5-E57F-4E3B-9335-2ADCA86511E4 (resized).jpeg
#7514 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Are these the leds that are meant to be green.

No, those are your fuse LEDs on the I/O board and they are fine.

#7515 5 years ago

I had one of my best games today. Got DIALE and over 4.5 mill. Reached Armageddon for the first time too. So awesome!

#7516 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I had one of my best games today. Got DIALE and over 4.5 mill. Reached Armageddon for the first time too. So awesome!

Wow, awesome! Just curious, does your shaker motor seem to slightly go off or pulsate when the games main multiball is ready to start at the scoop? Just want to make sure that's normal.

#7517 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, awesome! Just curious, does your shaker motor seem to slightly go off or pulsate when the games main multiball is ready to start at the scoop? Just want to make sure that's normal.

Yeah. The phone rings and the game "vibrates" just like a regular cell phone.

#7518 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Yeah. The phone rings and the game "vibrates" just like a regular cell phone.

Ok cool, thanks! I was worried something was wrong with my game lol.

#7519 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, those are your fuse LEDs on the I/O board and they are fine.

I am pointing to one of the boards not lighting. I have checked all the connections on the other pictured boards.

A603DC67-14C3-4738-8430-55B11E23B536 (resized).jpegA603DC67-14C3-4738-8430-55B11E23B536 (resized).jpegBECC96B2-5E77-4F07-A8AF-7A846F69D791 (resized).jpegBECC96B2-5E77-4F07-A8AF-7A846F69D791 (resized).jpeg
#7520 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I am pointing to one of the boards not lighting.

On that board red LED is a bad fuse.

#7521 5 years ago

Can anything be done about the sound on this thing? Or are we dead in the water until an adjustment is made at the next update? Too much highs and not enough lows..

Just an observation, it seems if my game is on for a long time (3-4 hours), my phone starts to produce noticeable waves in the display background. It is most noticeable on the red or green background while waiting to activate a multiball. I would guess and say that heat is causing an issue with it. If I feel the glass above the phone it is very warm.

#7522 5 years ago

Does anybody know for what switch 46 is needed? I always have the feeling it's not working, at least in selfie mode this switch does not trigger a flashlight for the photo. In test mode it works.

#7523 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Can anything be done about the sound on this thing? Or are we dead in the water until an adjustment is made at the next update? Too much highs and not enough lows..
Just an observation, it seems if my game is on for a long time (3-4 hours), my phone starts to produce noticeable waves in the display background. It is most noticeable on the red or green background while waiting to activate a multiball. I would guess and say that heat is causing an issue with it. If I feel the glass above the phone it is very warm.

I contacted jjp about something similar and other phone issues. They now do not respond to my tickets. I've heard from others that they are getting the same treatment. Bummer as they were awesome with support until recently.

#7524 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

On that board red LED is a bad fuse.

What is the fix

#7525 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I totally forgot if I read somewhere if someone has/hasn't solved this ball trap behind the phone. Did someone come up with a solution? It seems like a post would have to be screwed on at the location I'm pointing at?
[quoted image]

DIY

easy & quick, a small piece of plastic, cutted/folded to block that space, attach it with double tape face or directly with the original protec plastic screw there, as mine... (done right the same on the left plastic for tha BOB sign that i replaced myself too... )

now, if you want to make it more "professional", simply drill a hole on the lexan plate, and put a starpost, sure it will look great & as it was from factory...

WP_20190407_17_47_47_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190407_17_47_47_Pro (resized).jpg

WP_20190407_17_48_06_Pro (resized).jpgWP_20190407_17_48_06_Pro (resized).jpg

#7526 5 years ago

My DI took about 5 minutes to boot today, I've no idea why. I couldn't give it my full attention as was busy with other stuff but I did see some text on the theatre screen. It looked like it was going to fail completely but booted successfully in the end. Also played fine. Anyone had this happen?

#7527 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

What is the fix

Surface mount fuse. Contact your distributor first then open a ticket.

#7528 5 years ago

Every 30 or so games, my phone will go out mid game. If I power down and up, it works fine again.
Thoughts?

#7529 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

DIY
easy & quick, a small piece of plastic, cutted/folded to block that space, attach it with double tape face or directly with the original protec plastic screw there, as mine... (done right the same on the left plastic for tha BOB sign that i replaced myself too... )
now, if you want to make it more "professional", simply drill a hole on the lexan plate, and put a starpost, sure it will look great & as it was from factory...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for the reply. Usually when I do a mod...I do prefer it to be completely removable, but...in this case it should be a permanent fix and I'm not sure I trust double sided tape. I'm thinking like this maybe? ->

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/550-5052-01

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

I have to do a marco order anyway so this seems like a cheap but effective, and near factory look hopefully.

Actually...just looked again. Looks like JJP uses a metal post and rubber sleeve as a ball stop on the lexan plastic ->

20190407_121901 (resized).jpg20190407_121901 (resized).jpg
20190407_122354 (resized).jpg20190407_122354 (resized).jpg

They should have just added one in this location from factory. Its just a 1/4" x 1" #6-32 Hex spacer, with 2 screws, a washer and a rubber sleeve.

#7530 5 years ago

Funniest callout I've heard in the game so far -- after tilting during Alien Invasion: "Oh no, now we're all going to get probed!"

#7531 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Surface mount fuse. Contact your distributor first then open a ticket.

Thanks for that.

#7532 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone has ever noticed this as you may not have had as bad of a ball as I did. I don't think I even hit one shot before I drained. I got 800 points and on the screen noticed it said the points were a "participation award" lol. That was pretty good.

#7533 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone has ever noticed this as you may not have had as bad of a ball as I did. I don't think I even hit one shot before I drained. I got 800 points and on the screen noticed it said the points were a "participation award" lol. That was pretty good.

That's f'n hilarious

#7534 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]

I have a fix for this:

Just take the plastic protecting the phone and blocking the ball out, heat it up with a hairdryer and bend it so far on this side, that the ball is able to fall into the right loop lane.

This is a solution without any real changing of the game and makes a reliable solution.

Regards,
Lars

PS: I think I have described this some time ago and documented it in an old post here with pictures... If you cannot find it, I will try to make pictures later on...

#7535 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

...starpost...

seems OK to me, one or the other, your choice/taste

#7536 5 years ago

Ok I want my Dialed in to post all the selfies it takes to twitter - has anyone done this?

#7537 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't wanna steal your thunder,but I had a ball last week that only scored 20 points.

#7538 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Thanks for that.

It cost me around $60 for a board swap on my Hobbit, the problem if you can't do surface repairs is if you have a LED thats come unhooked and shorting to something you will blow the fuse again and then another $60, so like on old school repairs find the source of the issue before sending in the board for repair unless you really like doing repairs or board swaps they just don't blow.

#7539 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Can anything be done about the sound on this thing? Or are we dead in the water until an adjustment is made at the next update? Too much highs and not enough lows...

You can try changing the sound with these System Settings, I thought changing the Volume Effect Intensity to 2 made it sound a lot better on mine (not just louder).
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#7540 5 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

It cost me around $60 for a board swap on my Hobbit, the problem if you can't do surface repairs is if you have a LED thats come unhooked and shorting to something you will blow the fuse again and then another $60, so like on old school repairs find the source of the issue before sending in the board for repair unless you really like doing repairs or board swaps they just don't blow.

I will check again. Thanks for the advice.

#7541 5 years ago

I've installed the most recent cliffy style phone scoop protector for quite some time and continue to get some bounce outs.
Has anyone tried installing some dead foam or rubber at the back of the scoop to help with this?
Thanks!

#7542 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

I've installed the most recent cliffy style phone scoop protector for quite some time and continue to get some bounce outs.
Has anyone tried installing some dead foam or rubber at the back of the scoop to help with this?
Thanks!

Mantis protector ftw

#7543 5 years ago

Thanks, I may do that eventually. However, I've got a very tiny bit of chipping which I would prefer to keep covered with the cliffy.
Anyone else try some dead foam or rubber to reduce bounce outs?

#7544 5 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Thanks, I may do that eventually. However, I've got a very tiny bit of chipping which I would prefer to keep covered with the cliffy.
Anyone else try some dead foam or rubber to reduce bounce outs?

Bummer about the chipping. I've seen a fuzzy side of velcro being used to help absorb the impact. Might want to try that out?

#7545 5 years ago

@ FatPanda: Thanks again. Fortunately, the chipping is extremely small; but I still want to protect and cover it up.
I will try the Velcro idea as well. I don't get bounce outs on all shots just some. However, with no cliffy, it was certainly the best for successful hits.

#7546 5 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

You can try changing the sound with these System Settings, I thought changing the Volume Effect Intensity to 2 made it sound a lot better on mine (not just louder).
[quoted image]

Thank you, I know there are setting for volume intensity but I was more or less looking to adjust the high and low pitches. I will give volume effect a try just for the hell of it.

#7547 5 years ago

I know there are easter eggs in DI and I just got educated on the red button so that was fun to find with my daughter. It lead us to keep looking for others such as cows... Well not to spoil it for anyone but my daughter found objects that fly past the moon at the replay match screen about 30% of the time. Maybe we'll get an update after WW is released.

#7548 5 years ago

Looks like my lastest phone replacement is a winner. It hasn't blacked out once since I installed it.

#7549 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks like my lastest phone replacement is a winner. It hasn't blacked out once since I installed it.

Shhh! Say no more. You'll jinx it.

#7550 5 years ago

I was having a pretty good game until the drone magnet threw the ball. It actually went airborne and landed inside the left sling.

Is this a fluke or would adding extra rubbers on the sling help?

E3ACA190-0023-4F12-B0A1-5FBB13243237 (resized).jpegE3ACA190-0023-4F12-B0A1-5FBB13243237 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/151?hl=mageek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.