IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 273.
#7451 5 years ago

Selling an extra Dialed In translite poster I have, if anyone is interested.

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“New Dialed In translite Poster that I picked up along the way. I have nowhere to display it, so I’m hoping to resell to someone at a discount.”
2019-03-23
Greenfield, WI
30 (OBO)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 7 times

#7452 5 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I feel your pain, DI is one I cannot do well on either for some reason.

Dialed In is just a fast moving game. It really forces you to keep thinking ahead and take advantage of opportunities as they present themselves. Basically you need to track that ball like it just stole your wallet.

#7453 5 years ago

pm sent

Quoted from hayrebear:

Selling an extra Dialed In translite poster I have, if anyone is interested.

Other - For Sale

Dialed In Translite Poster

New!

“New Dialed In translite Poster that I picked up along the way. I have nowhere to display it, so I’m hoping to resell to someone at a discount.”

19 minutes ago

Greenfield, WI

30 (OBO)

hayrebear

#7454 5 years ago

about the magnet theatre :

on mine, when playing EMP mode, ball is falling down the middle, but than its (quite) always diverted by the magnets (seems logical of course)
on other occasions when its falling down, its diverted by the back of QED moving than (quite) perfectly synchronised...

for me this seems intended (Ted is not far, may be he'll answer)

#7455 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

about the magnet theatre :
on mine, when playing EMP mode, ball is falling down the middle, but than its (quite) always diverted by the magnets (seems logical of course)
on other occasions when its falling down, its diverted by the back of QED moving than (quite) perfectly synchronised...
for me this seems intended (Ted is not far, may be he'll answer)

Yes the QED guy moves to essentially divert the ball from a straight drop from the theater is a documented feature in one of the latest releases. I forget which one introduced it. 1.50 or 1.57 maybe.

#7456 5 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I've had my DI for a couple weeks. One thing that is really bothering me is that during an EMP strike for example is that if the magnet holds the ball in the theatre and then it lets it go it goes SDTM. Now I'm fine with that if that is how it was designed but I've been messing with the theatre magnet (set to -100 now) to maybe change the behavior. I'm not afraid of wiggling the machine to avoid SDTM but JJPs are a tank! I've leveled the machine as perfect as I can get it.

What code version?

#7457 5 years ago

Sometimes you have to take two warnings or a tilt on emp. They need to work on timing the magnets better. It’s a drop through a pulsing magnetic field that requires your absolute attention, that’s for sure.

#7458 5 years ago

My EMP sdtm problems stopped after I updated the code.

#7459 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

What code version?

I do have 1.61...I just updated it a couple days ago. I found a setting in the test menu that changes the magnet behavor which was set at -100. I put it to +150...I don't know if that will change anything. I do concur with many of you that it does hit the back of the QED guy and I'm hoping an EMP pulse might divert it. I am coming to the realization that I might just also be getting pissed about the sdtm shots and I could stop being a B about the whole thing.....I just raises by blood pressure to see it being held in the theatre and then sdtm and I can't wiggle the machine enough to correct it. I just need to to become a better player......

#7460 5 years ago

Just replaced my phone two days ago,and it's been working great! Hopefully,this one's a winner.

#7461 5 years ago

If any owner is interested contact me. I probably won’t use this...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76386

#7462 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a shot to make to raise the quantum mechanic arm? Have not been able to find it, if it exists.

#7463 5 years ago

As far as i know quantum mechanic arm will lower when ball lock is lite and raise when ball lock is no longer lite. I don’t believe there is any specific shot that will overide that behavior.

#7464 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Yes the QED guy moves to essentially divert the ball from a straight drop from the theater is a documented feature in one of the latest releases. I forget which one introduced it. 1.50 or 1.57 maybe.

ha OK, simply missed it in the log file, or it was before 1.57 (i owned DI since few monthes only)

#7465 5 years ago

New run on my nice target decals !

High quality vinyl with an laminated extra layer.
2 of each in every package for a backup.

28,- $ inclusive shipping via envelope from germany.
Interesting? Message me.

decals1 (resized).jpgdecals1 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals2 (resized).jpgdecals3 (resized).jpgdecals3 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpgdecals4 (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpgdi-decals-sample (resized).jpg
#7466 5 years ago

I read here in this thread several times that I'm not alone with a sometimes stuck ball in front of the mechanics diverter. Especially when the ball rolls very very slowly towards the diverter, it simply stops there. I have to wait for a ball search to free it.

Now I noticed something by chance: the diverter has a lug which causes the ball to roll onto the mini playfield. The lug touches one side of the wire ramp on my machine when it's down - maybe the lug should be right between the two wires of the wire ramp on which the ball rolls and it would move down a little bit more if not touching the wire? In my opinion it would fit perfectly between the two wires and if so I very much think even a slow rolling ball would not stop in front of the diverter.

How is the diverter mounted on your machine? Does the lug go between the wires or does it also touch one side? And is there a method of adjusting it so that the lug is exactly between the two wires of the wire ramp?

#7467 5 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I do have 1.61...I just updated it a couple days ago. I found a setting in the test menu that changes the magnet behavor which was set at -100. I put it to +150...I don't know if that will change anything. I do concur with many of you that it does hit the back of the QED guy and I'm hoping an EMP pulse might divert it. I am coming to the realization that I might just also be getting pissed about the sdtm shots and I could stop being a B about the whole thing.....I just raises by blood pressure to see it being held in the theatre and then sdtm and I can't wiggle the machine enough to correct it. I just need to to become a better player......

you'll never get a toss with +150, originally it was was shipped at -80. some people have had better results moving to -100 or -120. Going positive is the wrong way. It should not toss in EMP mode though.

#7468 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I read here in this thread several times that I'm not alone with a sometimes stuck ball in front of the mechanics diverter. Especially when the ball rolls very very slowly towards the diverter, it simply stops there. I have to wait for a ball search to free it.
Now I noticed something by chance: the diverter has a lug which causes the ball to roll onto the mini playfield. The lug touches one side of the wire ramp on my machine when it's down - maybe the lug should be right between the two wires of the wire ramp on which the ball rolls and it would move down a little bit more if not touching the wire? In my opinion it would fit perfectly between the two wires and if so I very much think even a slow rolling ball would not stop in front of the diverter.
How is the diverter mounted on your machine? Does the lug go between the wires or does it also touch one side? And is there a method of adjusting it so that the lug is exactly between the two wires of the wire ramp?

I had luck with adjusting the wire ramp. It is fixed on three spots. Loosing the screw on the plastic ramp makes it easier to adjust.

#7469 5 years ago

Took delivery of DILE s/n 0770 at TPF from Chris KingPinGames . So I thought I'd post some feedback on the delivery, the machine, and game play during the show.

I had the great pleasure of meeting Jack, Eric Meunier, Jean-Paul de Win, and Butch Peel all from the JJP Team. Chris from KingPin games was fantastic in every way. 100% recommended.

Chris and crew had the pin unboxed and set up by the time we arrived late Thursday afternoon. I looked it over very carefully, inside and out - and am happy to say it was all in absolutely perfect shape. Not a scratch! The playfield was absolutely pristine, clean and ready to play.

Eric Meunier showed me how to extract the supplied balls and I inspected them with a 60X pocket microscope - all looked just fine. The surface finish is exactly the same as on Ball Baron standard's or the ones you'd get from Marco. I did install 5 new balls each morning of the show, and inspected the outgoing sets for problems in surface finish. I never could find any problems, so this DI isn't chewing up balls.

There were only 3 very minor issues with the pin that showed up: on Saturday a player reported the balls weren't always registering correctly when entering the return trough. And wouldn't you know it - just to my right was Lloyd LTG who simply opened the coin door, and found a connector a bit loose on the trough assembly. Problem fixed, and thank you Lloyd! It was a real pleasure to get to meet you!

The second problem appeared to be a mis-adjusted side flipper. When at rest, it was hanging just about 1/16" open which was deflecting fast moving balls around the loop STDM. After getting the game home, I found a small screw lodged behind the flipper (probably some factory hardware that somehow got in there) and was keeping it from returning to the proper position. It was actually jammed down in the PF in a small opening and was hard to see. Removing that fixed the flipper return issue.

And finally, the mylar covering the Theater magnet is already showing significant distortion where it contacts the magnet. I think I'm just going to cut the mylar away as described in this thread, and be done with it. The mylar over the Drones magnet still looks fine, so I'll keep an eye on it.

I know your next question: how many games did it get at TPF? And unfortunately I didn't think of looking before having to head out on a business trip. So when I return I can report the actual game count, but for now I'm guessing around 500 plays.

The playfield still looks amazing. Literally not a scratch, and the dimples are quite shallow and can only be seen with lighting at a specific angle. Very satisfied with this PF.

Here's a shot of the KingPinGames area: Busy place and lots of fun!

image1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#7470 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

Took delivery of DILE s/n 0770 at TPF from Chris KingPinGames . So I thought I'd post some feedback on the delivery, the machine, and game play during the show.
I had the great pleasure of meeting Jack, Eric Meunier, Jean-Paul de Win, and Butch Peel all from the JJP Team. Chris from KingPin games was fantastic in every way. 100% recommended.
Chris and crew had the pin unboxed and set up by the time we arrived late Thursday afternoon. I looked it over very carefully, inside and out - and am happy to say it was all in absolutely perfect shape. Not a scratch! The playfield was absolutely pristine, clean and ready to play.
Eric Meunier showed me how to extract the supplied balls and I inspected them with a 60X pocket microscope - all looked just fine. The surface finish is exactly the same as on Ball Baron standard's or the ones you'd get from Marco. I did install 5 new balls each morning of the show, and inspected the outgoing sets for problems in surface finish. I never could find any problems, so this DI isn't chewing up balls.
There were only 3 very minor issues with the pin that showed up: on Saturday a player reported the balls weren't always registering correctly when entering the return trough. And wouldn't you know it - just to my right was Lloyd LTG who simply opened the coin door, and found a connector a bit loose on the trough assembly. Problem fixed, and thank you Lloyd! It was a real pleasure to get to meet you!
The second problem appeared to be a mis-adjusted side flipper. When at rest, it was hanging just about 1/16" open which was deflecting fast moving balls around the loop STDM. After getting the game home, I found a small screw lodged behind the flipper (probably some factory hardware that somehow got in there) and was keeping it from returning to the proper position. It was actually jammed down in the PF in a small opening and was hard to see. Removing that fixed the flipper return issue.
And finally, the mylar covering the Theater magnet is already showing significant distortion where it contacts the magnet. I think I'm just going to cut the mylar away as described in this thread, and be done with it. The mylar over the Drones magnet still looks fine, so I'll keep an eye on it.
I know your next question: how many games did it get at TPF? And unfortunately I didn't think of looking before having to head out on a business trip. So when I return I can report the actual game count, but for now I'm guessing around 500 plays.
The playfield still looks amazing. Literally not a scratch, and the dimples are quite shallow and can only be seen with lighting at a specific angle. Very satisfied with this PF.
Here's a shot of the KingPinGames area: Busy place and lots of fun![quoted image]

Congrats, it’s a great game!

#7471 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats, it’s a great game!

Sure is! And it will be even better once I get your Translite Illumination kit installed. Nice meeting y'all at TPF!

#7472 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That finger on your diverter should come down pretty deep between the two wires on your wireform. In my case i had to sand away some material from the inside of Betty to allow the diverter to drop down fully into its lowered position. The mechanism inside of Betty was getting hung up.

So yes you are correct on your assumption.

#7473 5 years ago

Good to know that the lug should go deeper between the wires. I don't want to sand anything, the idea was to adjust the arm or the diverter that is mounted on that arm - but this doesn't seem to work very well, it seems that there is almost no tolerance. But maybe adjusting the wireramp itself like TrekTobbi suggested would be a way to go. I'll investigate, maybe there is a simple solution. I even thought to ask JJP support.

#7474 5 years ago

My DI also had problems. The divertor lug was too high and slow balls just stopped against it. Not enough room to adjust the mechanism (already goes as low as it can go). I bent the tip of the lug so it's more down between the ramp wires and now it correctly deflects all pinballs, also very slow moving..

#7475 5 years ago

Isn't it dangerous to bend the tip? It doesn't seem to be very robust and could break off.

You ment bending it only vertically on your machine I think. On my machine it needs to be bent horizontally.

#7476 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Thank you for the booth photo too. We are going to have to spread out a little next year it looks like.

Quoted from SilverWings:

Here's a shot of the KingPinGames area: Busy place and lots of fun![quoted image]

#7477 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Good to know that the lug should go deeper between the wires. I don't want to sand anything, the idea was to adjust the arm or the diverter that is mounted on that arm - but this doesn't seem to work very well, it seems that there is almost no tolerance. But maybe adjusting the wireramp itself like TrekTobbi suggested would be a way to go. I'll investigate, maybe there is a simple solution. I even thought to ask JJP support.

I cant speak entirely for your case but in mine the interior of Betty would not allow the arm to come all the way down. Sanding a little material away from the inside of Betty allow the mechanism to move freely.

#7478 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I cant speak entirely for your case but in mine the interior of Betty would not allow the arm to come all the way down. Sanding a little material away from the inside of Betty allow the mechanism to move freely.

How do you mean from inside of Betty? Do you have pictures? Would be a lot easier to understand how to do this...

#7479 5 years ago

Here is a picture how the diverter looks on my machine - you can clearly see that the lug is touching one side of the wires.

bettydiverter (resized).jpgbettydiverter (resized).jpg
#7480 5 years ago

Yea you need to get that finger to land in between the two wires on the wireform and go from there. I was talking about how I needed to sand the inside of the figure, but you may not need to. See how it runs after you get the diverter lined up first.

#7481 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Here is a picture how the diverter looks on my machine - you can clearly see that the lug is touching one side of the wires.
[quoted image]

Getting it between the wireform will help, but if the ball arrives going very slow, it still gets stuck. Pretty rare, but it needs momentum to get edjected off the wireform.

#7482 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

Can you look at the back of your phone and see if the small screw fell out of the bracket that is holding the plastic of the phone in place? Looking at the front of the phone at the top, there are 2 #4-40 screws about 3/16" or so that screen connects to. The screws screw in from behind.

Yesterday, I was playing my game and I realized the phone LEDs were not lit. As I pulled off the glass, the phone casing, clear plastic, display and board fell onto the playfield hanging from the base in back.

I was able to feel that the cat5 cable was nearly unplugged (probably from moving the game). I plugged it in snuggly.

I tried to pop the phone assembly on. I thought it used friction to pop it in place. This was not working. Then I realized there were small screws that were logged behind the flipper. I found the two holes up top to screw in and the assembly connected great. When I turned on the game, the LEDs now work.

#7483 5 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Can you look at the back of your phone and see if the small screw fell out of the bracket that is holding the plastic of the phone in place? Looking at the front of the phone at the top, there are 2 #40 screws about 3/16" or so that screen connects to. The screws screw in from behind.
Yesterday, I was playing my game and I realized the phone LEDs were not lit. As I pulled off the glass, the phone casing, clear plastic, display and board fell onto the playfield hanging from the base in back.
I was able to feel that the cat5 cable was nearly unplugged (probably from moving the game). I plugged it in snuggly.
I tried to pop the phone assembly on. I thought it used friction to pop it in place. This was not working. Then I realized there were small screws that were logged behind the flipper. I found the two holes up top to screw in and the assembly connected great. When I turned on the game, the LEDs now work.

Yep... i think this is the root of the phone issues. I mentioned this a long time ago when i got my dile. I noticed the screws were lose and tightened them .. my phone has been solid since.

#7484 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Yea you need to get that finger to land in between the two wires on the wireform and go from there. I was talking about how I needed to sand the inside of the figure, but you may not need to. See how it runs after you get the diverter lined up first.

But how can the diverter be lined up? Can the angle of the front part be adjusted in some way?

#7485 5 years ago

I just got my second highest score (2.1+ million), and I'm wondering, how does the scoring in Chaos in Quantum City work? I feel the jackpots aren't worth a whole lot. I expected more then I got to Chaos, I was at like 1.9+ million and I only pumped my score up by 200k after feeling like I shredded. I had two sim cards collected.

I assume if I had four or so SIM cards by that point I would have gathered more points per jackpot? Awesome game BTW. I think it's an all time classic and will prove out as a legend. Please, don't point me to the rule sheet. Discussion preferred.

This is my only beef I have with the game... When you get the energy of the game up, I feel like the point accumulation doesn't respond in kind. I feel like the scoring should be more non-linear in correspondence to the energy of the game. E.g. when you've stacked a couple of modes, or achieve Chaos and shred for a bit of time, you should probably get a bit of an accelerator on the points.

#7486 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

But how can the diverter be lined up? Can the angle of the front part be adjusted in some way?

I'm not sure you will find anything in the actual arm itself to adjust but its worth the look. I would probably look to see if the entire mechanism can be moved first, that might be the easiest. See if you can loosen the screws and move the whole thing enough to get it lined up. You can also try as others suggested which is to try and adjust the wireform though that might be more difficult considering it has so many attachment points, it may not move easily.

#7487 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

[quoted image]

Mine was like that. I adjusted the wireform. I loosened the nut by the upper right flipper and the nut attached to the left slingshot. Then pulled the wireform toward the front of the pin until it was centered, tighten the nut by the upper flipper, then the slingshot. Worth a shot as this is easy.

Added: I may have loosened the nut below Betty's right arm too, can't remember but I don't think I did.

#7488 5 years ago

Is it safe to install the latest software yet? a few people were getting out of sync animations on the phone iirc.

#7489 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it safe to install the latest software yet? a few people were getting out of sync animations on the phone iirc.

yep my case, but its just so little...
btw, try, its easy/quick to came back if you're not happy

#7490 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I am also wonder the same thing. I would rather not invite problems if I don't need to.

#7491 5 years ago

Having a sound issue on my Dialed In. While playing the sounds goes soft and music stops so all I hear is game dialog that sounds very muted. I've checked all the plugs and everything is good. First thought is sound board but it's part of the mother board so I don't know what else could cause this. Turning game back on will sometimes fix it but then a few games later that same thing.
Anyone have this issue before?

#7492 5 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Can you look at the back of your phone and see if the small screw fell out of the bracket that is holding the plastic of the phone in place? Looking at the front of the phone at the top, there are 2 #4-40 screws about 3/16" or so that screen connects to. The screws screw in from behind.

I did have a close look at the back of the phone today. The loose screw is a Truss Head type sheet metal screw. Not a machine screw like would be in the back of the phone. This screw is a match of the type that are used to hold stuff down along the wood side rails on the playfield, so I'm just guessing it was loose hardware during the assembly process. All is well now.

... and this is a FREAKING AWESOME PIN!! Played a couple hours tonight. Low scores. Who cares, it was simply amazing!

#7493 5 years ago

I have had this machine for a year and just tried adjusting magnet behaviour to Difficult. If you haven’t tried it, it’s hilarious.
Game Settings~Under Attack Mulitball~Multiball Magnet Behaviour~Difficult

#7494 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I have had this machine for a year and just tried adjusting magnet behaviour to Difficult. If you haven’t tried it, it’s hilarious.

Why is it hilarious?

#7495 5 years ago

I think mine is set to medium. Is difficult crazy?

#7496 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I believe it! Last night, with everything set to default a friend and I saw things that looked impossible: During EMP Strike, a ball taken from the middle of the playfield was actually *launched airborne* by magnets (!) - thrown over top of the right outlanes and into the gutter. Balls moving fast downhill on the PF immediately reversing course and tossed back uphill: up the left ramp, into the phone scoop, into the Theater, and more! And one ball already moving fast toward the flippers was Warp Drive accelerated to incredible speed by a magnet pulse - STDM. BANG! into the metal backstop for the ball return (no damage thankfully). Talk about incredible ball behavior. This pin is in a league all by itself.

#7497 5 years ago

Proof that the shot is just that hard....

https://streamable.com/nulxj

#7498 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Proof that the shot is just that hard....
https://streamable.com/nulxj

yep, a direct hit from the upper flipper is not easy, even more with cliffy installed

but as said already (and done it more than few times just few ago on mine), go for the subway with the left flipper, by a rebound on the drone flat rubber
on mine it works perfect, as this was made on purpose... heu... wait... do we already say that Pat surelly design it that way !!! ...
and this shot works also when QED is on the right position

DI is a fantastic game, and the more i play it, the more i know it

#7499 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yep, a direct hit from the upper flipper is not easy, even more with cliffy installed
but as said already (and done it more than few times just few ago on mine), go for the subway with the left flipper, by a rebound on the drone flat rubber
on mine it works perfect, as this was made on purpose... heu... wait... do we already say that Pat surelly design it that way !!! ...
and this shot works also when QED is on the right position
DI is a fantastic game, and the more i play it, the more i know it

It was posted for the comedy of Bowen, not as a serious criticism.

#7500 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I don’t think so. JJP tech was very vocal on here and in the newsgroup when the last two code updates dropped, but then when it was discovered there were bugs it’s been basically radio silence and no update for 3-4 months if not longer. I’m surprised it hasn’t been fixed/updated or at least addressed but maybe someone has some more info.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/150?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.