IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 273.
#7351 5 years ago

Phone Issue worth mentioning.

I turned the game on, it immediately went to a tinted blue/yellow. Hard to see anything.

I rebooted it and it went back to normal. Played for 2 hours, no issues.

Just saying.

#7352 5 years ago

Pinstadium preference is purely subjective. I prefer more contrast in lighting and despise the dot reflections from pinstadium lighting. I'd remove it on any pin I purchased. That being said, if you enjoy the ultra bright play, go for it.

#7353 5 years ago

Maiden benefits from them more than any other game I've seen. It brings the light show from "meh" to amazing.

I have them on my Dialed In and it didn't add much to it. On brightest it still only adds about 10% plus a slight blue or warm tint by choice. Having the whole machine flash purple every time the QED guy gets hit makes it worth it though.

On a side note, are there times or modes when the QED guy lights stay on? Not just flash when hit?

#7354 5 years ago

Has anyone played around with adjusting the theater so visually it is at the correct angle for your height? I tend to stand a bit back and lean into the machine which puts me at a lower stance. As a result i lose a little bit of the visuals in the theater. When the spinner is up i cant see the value beneath it etc...

#7355 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Has anyone played around with adjusting the theater so visually it is at the correct angle for your height? I tend to stand a bit back and lean into the machine which puts me at a lower stance. As a result i lose a little bit of the visuals in the theater. When the spinner is up i cant see the value beneath it etc...

I'd be curious to know if you get results here as well. I'm tall, and the top of the theatre is always cut off by an inch or so. Was thinking about trying to shim it up a little bit.

#7356 5 years ago

I think tipping the front up might be easier than tipping it down. So you might be in luck for you. In my case it might be more difficult.

#7357 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone have a pic of a sound loop isolater installed on a DI ? I am not sure where the sound card is in the back box

I think I posted a picture and the instructions, awhile back in this thread. It really made a big improvement over the static noise my game was making.
Hth

#7358 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone have a pic of a sound loop isolater installed on a DI ? I am not sure where the sound card is in the back box

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/117#post-4657919

Check out post #5805

#7359 5 years ago

I just bought my Dialed In NIB a couple weeks ago. Buying a couple mods and I want the Quantum Electric topper made by Mezel Mods. Unfortunately, they are out of stock and don't have plans to make anymore. Kristin from Mezel Mods said if I could get 10 commitments, she would consider remaking them. Anyone have interest in buying this topper? Now might be the your only chance.

Thanks

Gerry

PS - Or if someone has one for sale, that will work as well.

#7360 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I just bought my Dialed In NIB a couple weeks ago. Buying a couple mods and I want the Quantum Electric topper made by Mezel Mods. Unfortunately, they are out of stock and don't have plans to make anymore. Kristin from Mezel Mods said if I could get 10 commitments, she would consider remaking them. Anyone have interest in buying this topper? Now might be the your only chance.
Thanks
Gerry

Good luck. Anyone who wants a topper already has one. Your best bet is to find a topper from someone here.

#7361 5 years ago

Damn it, I miss this game! Love chasing the wizard mode, and the choreography as Showdown starts is epic!

Anyone know if Ted coded in a finale? I always thought it would be epic if all the lights went on, started flickering, then went out one by one until only the phone was lit. Then maybe a video with some closure to the convoluted storyline. Then everything goes dark.

#7362 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

PM Sent

#7363 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

A couple of people have contacted me directly about the topper. Please contact Kristin at Mezel Mods and tell her you would commit to buying one. She is keep track. Here email is - [email protected]

Thanks

Gerry

#7364 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks
Gerry

I don't think you'll have a problem getting ten people to commit,it's really a nice looking topper!I bought mine,when it first came out. I'm also curious to how many were sold?

#7365 5 years ago

Regarding Quantum Theater Multiball - what are we trying to do once we start it - just keep hitting the theater? Or are there some other goals and strategies?

#7366 5 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Regarding Quantum Theater Multiball - what are we trying to do once we start it - just keep hitting the theater? Or are there some other goals and strategies?

The jackpots are the ramps, the drone target, the spider target and the QED guy with values related to how well you did in the corresponding qualifying modes. Once you hit one of each, the theatre is lit for a super jackpot.

#7367 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

The jackpots are the ramps, the drone target, the spider target and the QED guy with values related to how well you did in the corresponding qualifying modes. Once you hit one of each, the theatre is lit for a super jackpot.

A related question...how do you qualify for QTMB? Last time I checked, the online ruleset didn't mention it (since it's a fairly new feature).

#7368 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

A related question...how do you qualify for QTMB? Last time I checked, the online ruleset didn't mention it (since it's a fairly new feature).

By default, you have to collect two of each of: Drones (hit the drone target then the theatre), Spiders (hit the spider target, then the theatre), Transit (hit a ramp, then the theatre), and Kilowatts (hit the QED guy then the theatre). The timeout for drones is a little longer since the target is harder to hit, but each of the others is just a few seconds.

Once you hit two of each, a special mode starts that the theatre (the virtual drops, spinner, captive ball, and train bash toy) to up the jackpot values. You get 30 seconds to hit at many of these items as you can.

All collections and jackpot value modes are stackable.

Once you have two of each and finish the last special mode to set the jackpot value, QTMB is startable at the theatre.

#7369 5 years ago

What can I do to fix the ball from stopping here? If the ball has enough speed, it will go through, but the clearance seems tight. I tried to adjust the metal pin (I don't know what else to call it) but there is no give. On a slow draining ball, it will just stop and I have to bump the pin for it to fall.

Thank you for your help.

53302331_2025200691115044_8361820860205498368_n (resized).jpg53302331_2025200691115044_8361820860205498368_n (resized).jpg
#7370 5 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

What can I do to fix the ball from stopping here? If the ball has enough speed, it will go through, but the clearance seems tight. I tried to adjust the metal pin (I don't know what else to call it) but there is no give. On a slow draining ball, it will just stop and I have to bump the pin for it to fall.
Thank you for your help.[quoted image]

Try to pull the rubber sling a little more tight along that side. See what happens.

#7371 5 years ago

I understand by doing so, there will be more clearance for the ball to drop on its own. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I permanently make the rubber sling more tight on that side?

#7372 5 years ago

I understand by doing so, there will be more clearance for the ball to drop on its own. Pardon my ignorance, but how do I permanently make the rubber sling more tight on that side?

Pull it tight and push a little of the excess on the other side of each post. The friction may hold it there just enough to give you the clearance you need. Or wonder if you can adjust the metal pole slightly left as well. There might be the tiniest bit of slack before tightening it back down (unless it’s a digging claw nut underneath).

#7373 5 years ago

Let's face it: Your balls are just too big!

#7374 5 years ago

You might also check the sling rubber size (and verify it's what is on the game). I've sometimes had sling rubber that was too large (off by 1/2").

#7375 5 years ago

Thank you for your help.[quoted image]

Mine does that also.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7376 5 years ago

This happens here, too. It's just the slingshot rubber. Pull the rubber on each post but eventually it will return after some time and you have to repeat that once in a while.

#7377 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

A couple of people have contacted me directly about the topper. Please contact Kristin at Mezel Mods and tell her you would commit to buying one. She is keep track. Here email is - [email protected]
Thanks
Gerry

Kristin has said we are close the getting these done. If you have any interest, please contact her. It maybe your only chance to get one of these toppers.

Thanks

Gerry

#7378 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

It's just the slingshot rubber. Pull the rubber on each post but eventually it will return after some time and you have to repeat that once in a while.

Yup. Mine was doing it too and I looked at trying to move that post a hair, but did not see any way to do that. In the end I just rotated the rubber around about 180 degrees and it stopped getting stuck and that was probably 100 games ago. The tolerances in that spot are crazy tight.

#7379 5 years ago

Howdy DI owners and players,

Its been a 2 year effort to find the right pin. Started into this hobby by building a nice collection of EM's but now its time for that NEW game! My journey of searching, playing, talking, dreaming, deliberating and debating has come to a proper end -- right here at the Dialed In Owners and Fans club.

Will be picking up a NIB LE at Texas Pinball Fest in a couple weeks and am so excited about unboxing with the entire JJ team right there. Also really looking forward to meeting a few of you and getting to talk about DI in person. *Come play my pin!* And please do share your thoughts, play strategy, impressions, mods and ideas about this marvelous title.

I'll have a guest book there as well, where you can sign with your Pinside handle, and players initials plus anything else in mind. Gotta know who's behind the high scores, right? (plus I'll have your mug shot) HA!!

Cheers y'all ... see you @ TPF !!!

- Bill

#7380 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

Its been a 2 year effort to find the right pin. Started into this hobby by building a nice collection of EM's but now its time for that NEW game! My journey of searching, playing, talking, dreaming, deliberating and debating has come to a proper end -- right here at the Dialed In Owners and Fans club.
Will be picking up a NIB LE at Texas Pinball Fest in a couple weeks and am so excited about unboxing with the entire JJ team right there. Also really looking forward to meeting a few of you and getting to talk about DI in person. *Come play my pin!* And please do share your thoughts, play strategy, impressions, mods and ideas about this marvelous title.
I'll have a guest book there as well, where you can sign with your Pinside handle, and players initials plus anything else in mind. Gotta know who's behind the high scores, right? (plus I'll have your mug shot) HA!!
- Bill

Congratulations!

#7381 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

- Bill

Awesome - congrats! Whose booth with it be at?

#7382 5 years ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Awesome - congrats! Whose booth with it be at?

It will be in the KingPin Games booth along with PotC and Hobbit from JJP.

Plus a lot more.

#7383 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

It will be in the KingPin Games booth along with PotC and Hobbit from JJP.
Plus a lot more.

Thanks Chris. Fantastic!

#7384 5 years ago

Selling my Dialed In playfield. It's brand new, and signed by the man himself, Jack!

I was planning to keep it so that one day i could do a swap and have a brand new game, but I ended up selling my DI so I no longer need this.

I have it on eBay for $1000, but I will let it go to Pinside members for $950.

ebay.com link: Dialed In JJP Jersey Jack Playfield Brand New

I'll try to post some photos of it if I get a chance over the weekend.

Get in touch if interested.

#7385 5 years ago

The spring on my trap door latch has broken. In the manual it is part 13-007019-00. Does anyone know if there's an equivalent for WPC games so I can search the parts sites? Or do I need to go through JJP?

#7386 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Does anyone know if there's an equivalent for WPC games

https://www.pinballlife.com/armature-extension-spring-10-363.html This should work.

LTG : )

#7387 5 years ago

Brand new pf signed by Jersey Jack (underside by drain hole), with wood rails, T-nuts, and mylar all factory installed.

Selling on eBay for $1000, but $950 for anyone on Pinside.

IMG_20190308_154019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154019 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154059 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154059 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154239 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154239 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154130 (resized).jpgIMG_20190308_154130 (resized).jpg
#7388 5 years ago

Has anyone tried modifying the sim card rail & entrance to make it better?

Just looking at it in comparison to other games it reminds me of the camera in tz. The camera seems to not be that difficult in comparison.
I don't have my tz anymore so I can't measure it to compare.

Is it a size issue or angle that makes this shot so hard?

#7389 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Brand new pf signed by Jersey Jack (underside by drain hole), with wood rails, T-nuts, and mylar all factory installed.
Selling on eBay for $1000, but $950 for anyone on Pinside.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Weird he signed the back and it looks like ballpoint pen and not a marker as well? Bad photo either way I’d post another of the signature.

#7390 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Has anyone tried modifying the sim card rail & entrance to make it better?
Just looking at it in comparison to other games it reminds me of the camera in tz. The camera seems to not be that difficult in comparison.
I don't have my tz anymore so I can't measure it to compare.
Is it a size issue or angle that makes this shot so hard?

It's the way the sim card hole is angled. The shot is angled perfectly for the side ramp, but the sim card hole sits just below that shot and the hole isnt 100% aligned with the flipper. There's a smaller window for that shot vs the side ramp.

The camera hole in TZ is much wider and the shot is aligned perfectly with the upper flipper, making it much easier to hit consistently.

#7391 5 years ago

When DI first came out, it had no scoop protector in the sim hole and i could hit the shot accurately with no rejects. It made for a much better DI experience. Now that every DI in the world has scoop protectors, i cannot hit the shot for the life of me. I’m wondering if anyone has removed their protector and how their sim hole has held up since? If i ever got this game, i would be very tempted to remove it.

#7392 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Weird he signed the back and it looks like ballpoint pen and not a marker as well? Bad photo either way I’d post another of the signature.

Would rather not pull off the shrink. The signature adds no value to it, just a cool thing to know.

#7393 5 years ago

Sim shot is difficult bc of the posts and the protector imo....also the angle of the upper flipper makes huge difference.

#7394 5 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would rather not pull off the shrink. The signature adds no value to it, just a cool thing to know.

Did they use to sell these PFs? I see they have Pirates PFs for sale but not DI on the JJP site.

#7395 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Did they use to sell these PFs? I see they have Pirates PFs for sale but not DI on the JJP site.

They sold the ones that were rejected from game use, the seconds.

#7396 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

They sold the ones that were rejected from game use, the seconds.

Interesting, do you remember how much they were? The pirates ones are $1k so I’m assuming they’re not seconds but who knows.

#7397 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

As far as I know, they did not sell them. Jack owed me a bit of a favor, so he not only sent me a flawless one, but he also had the wood rails and t-nuts installed for me.

This is why I'm saying that for anyone planning to keep their game long term, this is a rare chance to get a perfect pf replacement for a future swap.

#7398 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When DI first came out, it had no scoop protector in the sim hole and i could hit the shot accurately with no rejects. It made for a much better DI experience. Now that every DI in the world has scoop protectors, i cannot hit the shot for the life of me. I’m wondering if anyone has removed their protector and how their sim hole has held up since? If i ever got this game, i would be very tempted to remove it.

If you don’t want your clear to crack at the post, do not remove that sim hole protector.

#7399 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I recall seeing a bunch of posts early on with substantial wear at the SIM hole without the protectors. I have a cliffy protector and am not sure how much of a difference it makes in terms of difficulty. It is the single most powerful shot in the game, so it makes sense to be difficult. I think the frustration comes in that nailing it seems rather random instead of a matter of aim. It is one of those things that you need to use strategy to get. Start a multiball or play a mode like Meteor when you have SIM card lit to try to get a ball to bounce in.

#7400 5 years ago

I wonder if it would make a difference putting black rubber on as opposed to white? Less bounce, maybe a better chance the ball would make it in slightly grazing the post. I don't have any at the moment otherwise I would try.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.