IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 273.
#7301 5 years ago

I have a drone question as well. I have only had my game about a week. I had the magnet in front of the drone target grab and hold the ball one time for a few seconds, but not sure how or why this happened.

Thanks

Gerry

#7302 5 years ago

Game show specials for both tpf (texas) and mgc (milwaukee) on dialed in standard and limited edition

$500 off msrp
Free shipping to the show
All snow perks for bringing a game.
Double factory warranty

Let me know

Christopher

#7303 5 years ago

God I love this game!

#7304 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I have a drone question as well. I have only had my game about a week. I had the magnet in front of the drone target grab and hold the ball one time for a few seconds, but not sure how or why this happened.
Thanks
Gerry

Mine seems to do that when i hit the drone target to finish drones . Really neat effect

#7305 5 years ago

and about getting the SIM card hole : seems more & more as an evidence to me that the "TRON rebound GEM shot" is the other way to go ! a left flipper shot to the (+/-) middle drone lane goes often in the SIM scoop... just try it by yourself

well done Mr Lawlor !

#7306 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

if I recall, the whole array of drone lights will pulse after hitting the lit rollover. Hitting the standup then collects them all, allowing a drone pickup at the theater. its essentially a hurry up. if you don't hit it quick it goes away.

Here at my machine, when the ball rolls over the "Lite Drone" rollover, it does not do anything - the drone lights do not pulse or something. I checked that twice. The switch is working, I checked that in the settings...

#7307 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Here at my machine, when the ball rolls over the "Lite Drone" rollover, it does not do anything - the drone lights do not pulse or something. I checked that twice. The switch is working, I checked that in the settings...

it only works if lite drone insert was lit when rolled over. take the glass off, start a game manually trip the lit drone rollover inlane switch then immediately manually hit the drone standup. you should get a theater pickup started.

#7308 5 years ago

Problem solved: The ball was not fully activating the switch when rolling over. Bent the rollover wire that way that it sticks out a little more - now it works! Thanx for the hints!

#7309 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

All snow perks for bringing a game.

The snow wasn't a perk at MGC last year ... just sayin.

#7310 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

The snow wasn't a perk at MGC last year ... just sayin.

Ha, since its snowing again here, I'm not even going to correct my fat finger typing.

#7311 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Did anybody manage to get all DIALED IN letters in a game? Most was 3 letters here...

I DID!

I normally average 2 per game, but one day before I was leaving to go grocery shopping (waiting for my wife) I decided to play a game, and played the best I've ever played in my life. I finished 6 out of 6 modes on ball one alone, and then 2 more modes on ball 2. I collected 7 sim cards almost back to back via multiballs and my wife finally came down, so I had her record my game from that point on. On ball TWO, I collected the final sim card and started Showdown. I was so stoked. I had no idea what I was doing and had to watch the reply on my phone to see that I beat the game! Woo!

Funny enough... I did not complete all the modes, lol. So I never played Armageddon. I also didn't earn enough points to become Grand Champion. I was sad about that, but happy I managed to play every single part of this game now. Took my nearly 8 months of solid play.

#7313 5 years ago

Ok, when I replaced the right ramp success switch, I had no problem with removing the wires from the original soldering, but the diode was a big pain to remove. I should have bought diodes with my pbl order, but I wrongfully assumed buying the switch would come with one.

Anyway, how do you know which one is the correct diode for a switch? The only diode that looks similar is this one ->

https://www.pinballlife.com/diode-1n4004.html

Is that the right diode?

#7314 5 years ago
#7315 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That would work, yes.
Cheaper on fleabay as well:
ebay.com link » 100 X 1n4004 1a 400v Diode Usa Seller Get It Fast Free Shipping

Thanks, appreciate it!

#7316 5 years ago

If anyone is interested, I have a brand new in box playfield available for sale. Get in touch if you're interested. Would prefer local sale, but willing to ship too.

#7317 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

there are multiple strategies to get a million plus.
Still my favorite: go for modes. Win the modes and get the sim card. Avoid to lock the ball after the first mode and try to get delay the multiball as long as possible start it during a hard mode while allready some sim cards collected. A SIM card is worth 100k. A mode with SIM card mutliplier is worth some 100ks. So a millian is easy to reach after one or two SIMs collected.

My suggestion would be the complete opposite.. (first: put the game on 5 balls instead of 3)
I agree you need to play modes and get sim cards (especially try to do a few on ball 1 already) to get a good score, this may be difficult if you're not a good player and when you drain often whilst trying to make the specific shots for a mode.
So for someone like that I suggest to go for combos, lock balls, play multiball as much as possible. Don't waste time playing bob modes, shooting drones, .. in single ball mode, just keep on making ramp shots. While in multiball you will more easily make the shots to finish modes, collect a sim card, ..

#7318 5 years ago

Anyone want to send me their broken phone it might work better than mine

IMG_0126 (resized).jpgIMG_0126 (resized).jpgIMG_0127 (resized).jpgIMG_0127 (resized).jpg
#7319 5 years ago

What code version?

#7320 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

My suggestion would be the complete opposite.. (first: put the game on 5 balls instead of 3)

No! Dialed In definitely is not a 5 ball game.

Just turn on SIM card holding and work on running through the modes.

#7321 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

Anyone want to send me their broken phone it might work better than mine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks exactly like the phones,JJP has been sending me since I owned the game. I'm still waiting for my fifth replacement phone to be shipped to me!

#7322 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Looks exactly like the phones,JJP has been sending me since I owned the game. I'm still waiting for my fifth replacement phone to be shipped to me!

I finally got fed up tonight and put in another ticket for my ongoing blanking. 3rd phone for me...

#7323 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I finally got fed up tonight and put in another ticket for my ongoing blanking. 3rd phone for me...

Did you try loosening all four of the phone case nuts? I did this and am testing to see if it has improved.

#7324 5 years ago

The thing with the phone is really really weird. I can't imagine that every phone replacement part is defective, too. It must be something different.

#7325 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The thing with the phone is really really weird. I can't imagine that every phone replacement part is defective, too. It must be something different.

I was thinking similarly. I would test by swapping the theater cable over to the phone and running through a game with the glass off to see if it's the phone or something else (if the theater goes blank). After 5 phones seems it seems that there is an issue somewhere else.

#7326 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Did you try loosening all four of the phone case nuts? I did this and am testing to see if it has improved.

Is this a documented fix? This is the first I’ve heard of it. Sounds interesting.

#7327 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I was thinking similarly. I would test by swapping the theater cable over to the phone and running through a game with the glass off to see if it's the phone or something else (if the theater goes blank). After 5 phones seems it seems that there is an issue somewhere else.

Because I split the signal to my topper and the topper never goes black or has color issues, the issue is in the phone. It is getting the correct vga signal, but it somehow loses it. I’m thinking the vga connector in the phone may be the weak link. I would guess vibration is likely causing whatever the issue is. The big disappointment is that this issue is from day one and is still not fixed...

#7328 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Is this a documented fix? This is the first I’ve heard of it. Sounds interesting.

Someone else posted it in this thread, I believe. I tried it in one side and it worked for a while but then for the first time my phone colors washed out occasionally and the problem still occurred. I was able to loosen the other side slightly the other day and so far so good. But my phone seems to go through “phases”. I think the theory is that loosening the phone nuts gives the internal connections a little more space to avoid the jarring issues. I am convinced that hits to the post jar the phone and then the signal is lost.

#7329 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Someone else posted it in this thread, I believe. I tried it in one side and it worked for a while but then for the first time my phone colors washed out occasionally and the problem still occurred. I was able to loosen the other side slightly the other day and so far so good. But my phone seems to go through “phases”. I think the theory is that loosening the phone nuts gives the internal connections a little more space to avoid the jarring issues. I am convinced that hits to the post jar the phone and then the signal is lost.

Cool. I'll take a look at this when I get some time. I've been meaning to take apart the phone to see the connectors.

#7330 5 years ago

I think it becomes clearer that there is some kind of connection problem. Maybe not the connector itself but something on the phone pcb?

#7331 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I think it becomes clearer that there is some kind of connection problem. Maybe not the connector itself but something on the phone pcb?

I was told by a JJP technician, that it's a heat related issue.

#7332 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I wonder if you could put some rubber grommets between phone to have them relieve stress hits to the posts?

#7333 5 years ago

I added Pinstadium lights to my Dialed In today. I’ve had the pin for a couple of years and never even considered Pinstadiums for any of my pins until I got my BM66 last month. It came with Pinstadiums, and I experimented playing with them off and then on. Amazing difference. I highly recommend these for Dialed In.

#7334 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Does your phone work after you reboot the game? My last phone died on me, and it never came back to life. The one I have now is okay,unless I plan on playing for over an hour,then it blacks out,and the game needs a reboot.

#7335 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I was told by a JJP technician, that it's a heat related issue

On my machine when the ball hits the frame under the phone very occasionally, the phone will go out for around 5 seconds (completely blanks the phone screen). The lights around the phone stay on. This doesn't sound like a heat issue, well not on my machine anyway. I've not tried to demonstrate the issue, because it doesn't happen often enough to cause me pain, but it's either the thump from the ball hitting the frame on a certain angle, or the fact that the ball is making a circuit between the phone and the frame. Oddly enough I've never had the screen go out when the ball goes into the slot, only when it just misses.

#7336 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I was told by a JJP technician, that it's a heat related issue.

Seems strange that a reboot would correct a heat problem. Did they say phone heat or video card heat?

#7337 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Does your phone work after you reboot the game? My last phone died on me, and it never came back to life. The one I have now is okay,unless I plan on playing for over an hour,then it blacks out,and the game needs a reboot.

It works after reboot. Sometimes the color is messed up though and I have to reboot multiple times. Very annoying. From my symptoms, I do not see it being heat.

#7338 5 years ago

So I have this problem where occasionally the woman at the back will have the divertor down during play and so if you start a mode like flash fires you can’t actually progress it as you need to complete the left ramp, and the divertor stops that from happening. Then later in the game the divertor is back up as normal.
She works fine in test. Anything I should look at?

#7339 5 years ago

Divertor is supposed to be down when ball lock is lit and you haven’t yet locked a ball. You still get credit for the ramp shot though. It will go back up when you lock the ball.

#7340 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

On my machine when the ball hits the frame under the phone very occasionally, the phone will go out for around 5 seconds (completely blanks the phone screen). The lights around the phone stay on. This doesn't sound like a heat issue, well not on my machine anyway. I've not tried to demonstrate the issue, because it doesn't happen often enough to cause me pain, but it's either the thump from the ball hitting the frame on a certain angle, or the fact that the ball is making a circuit between the phone and the frame. Oddly enough I've never had the screen go out when the ball goes into the slot, only when it just misses.

I quoted this because ditto with me.

#7341 5 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Divertor is supposed to be down when ball lock is lit and you haven’t yet locked a ball. You still get credit for the ramp shot though. It will go back up when you lock the ball.

Ah, thanks I’ll check that. I can’t remember if multiball was lit or not. Pretty sure I was at getting credit for the shot though.

#7342 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I added Pinstadium lights to my Dialed In today. I’ve had the pin for a couple of years and never even considered Pinstadiums for any of my pins until I got my BM66 last month. It came with Pinstadiums, and I experimented playing with them off and then on. Amazing difference. I highly recommend these for Dialed In.

This is such crap. In the history of history DI needs extra lighting less than any other stock game

#7343 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

Seems strange that a reboot would correct a heat problem. Did they say phone heat or video card heat?

Phone heat.

#7344 5 years ago

Not sure what the phone heat is all about but I would say this is not the issue. I fired up my DI yesterday after it not being powered on for weeks and one game in, maybe 5-10 mins phone went blank as I posted above.

#7345 5 years ago

My phone screen shut off for about 5 seconds during a game yesterday. Today I had a killer game and it went off about 3/4 of the way through the game. I rebooted when the game was over and it came back on. I left it in attract mode for 2 hours after and no problem. Doesn't sound like heat issue to me.

#7346 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

This is such crap. In the history of history DI needs extra lighting less than any other stock game

Not crap...crwjumper speaks the truth.

I had 3 highly ranked players over yesterday. All of them were blown away by the Pinstadium difference on Munsters, IMDN, Beatles and Dialed In. Sure, DI might benefit the least when compared with recent Stern games, but it still benefits greatly. These are players that (normally) don't give a crap about "mods"...they went out of their way to ask me about them.

#7347 5 years ago

Anyone have a pic of a sound loop isolater installed on a DI ? I am not sure where the sound card is in the back box

#7348 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Not crap...crwjumper speaks the truth.
I had 3 highly ranked players over yesterday. All of them were blown away by the Pinstadium difference on Munsters, IMDN, Beatles and Dialed In. Sure, DI might benefit the least when compared with recent Stern games, but it still benefits greatly. These are players that (normally) don't give a crap about "mods"...they went out of their way to ask me about them.

If you have the time a vid of your DI with PS on would be very appreciated.

#7349 5 years ago
Quoted from JayLar:

If you have the time a vid of your DI with PS on would be very appreciated.

Don't have time for a vid, but here is a relevant link...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/67#post-4668580

#7350 5 years ago

“Sim Card is...” DRAIN

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/147?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.