IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 273.
#7051 5 years ago

Another observation: When turning the game on, sometimes the theater monitor is displaying the content of the backbox monitor and the backbox monitor stays dark. So you can see the Jersey Jack Pinball boot logo at the theater monitor! The backbox monitor is displaying only the letters DVI and then power save mode. Just when the boot section with the text in the upper left corner of the backbox monitor starts displaying, all is reverting back to normal. I would say this happens 1 time out of 30 times turning the game on. It has absolutely no negative impact on the game as it's all back to normal when the game finished booting but it's weird after all. Does somebody experience this, too?

#7052 5 years ago

I’ve submitted to JJP 3 service requests and left 1 voice mail. I still cannot get someone to contact me. 2 of my 3 drones are not working. I’ve tested them in the settings and the red/blue lights work, but the blades don’t rotate. I can call/email again next week, but I’m scratching my head as to why I can’t get some sort of response.

#7053 5 years ago

Installed 1.61 today. Yup, game slows down and falls way behind if you accomplish too much at once. Animations start looking like when you want to play that hot new PC game with the settings turned all the way up but you're running a Radeon R7 from 3 years ago. 10 frames per second FTW!

I removed the Bluetooth dongle. Made no difference. In related news, after the update the game reports that the Bluetooth Dongle is missing - even when its there. Rebooted, etc. No dice. Not that it ever served a purpose anyway, but now I get the test report msg at every boot for that.

#7054 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Definitely not true. Try 15 cables and you'll see for yourself. The issue is that either the graphics card stops sending the signal or the phone stops receiving it, hardware-wise. They have ruled out the graphics card as far as I know. They replaced and repaired my phone. It has improved it immensely as I was getting blackouts every game. Now it's not very common, but still exists. I also used to get color casts (yellow) like crazy. I still see this on occasion too.

You're correct,I replaced my graphics card,but the phone still blacks out.

#7055 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Would be interesting if lately built machines are also having this mobile video problems. Is the somebody here having these troubles with a machine built mid to end 2018?

I'm not sure it matters. Many people have replaced their phones recently and they're still having issues. I guess it matters if it's something other than the phone causing the issue. I thought others had used separate monitors to display the phone output without any issues while their phone were failing so it would point to the phone. I just can believe that a cable would be the problem. Maybe on a small number, but cables aren't exactly high tech equipment. My phone was replaced and it happens much less frequently, but it still can happen.

#7056 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:Would be interesting if lately built machines are also having this mobile video problems. Is the somebody here having these troubles with a machine built mid to end 2018?

Mine was built in April 2018.

#7057 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

I'm not sure it matters. Many people have replaced their phones recently and they're still having issues. I guess it matters if it's something other than the phone causing the issue. I thought others had used separate monitors to display the phone output without any issues while their phone were failing so it would point to the phone. I just can believe that a cable would be the problem. Maybe on a small number, but cables aren't exactly high tech equipment. My phone was replaced and it happens much less frequently, but it still can happen.

I'm hoping that somebody at JJP can figure out the problem,before my warranty expires this coming June.A friend of mine has a DI,and his phone never blacked out?

#7058 5 years ago

I Had a problem with the phone going dark and not working, i loosened the screws holding the back cover of the phone on and problem was solved seems that it may have twisted the phone a bit and lost one of the connections, never had another problem

#7059 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBuck:

That is exactly my situation. Had a phone that was turning green or yellow and becoming totally saturated. The phone was replaced by JOB for a different (reconditioned) one. Now the phone simply goes dark mid game. Would say that the new one is better but needing to re-boot to have a phone working is not really acceptable

#7060 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Another observation: When turning the game on, sometimes the theater monitor is displaying the content of the backbox monitor and the backbox monitor stays dark. So you can see the Jersey Jack Pinball boot logo at the theater monitor! The backbox monitor is displaying only the letters DVI and then power save mode. Just when the boot section with the text in the upper left corner of the backbox monitor starts displaying, all is reverting back to normal. I would say this happens 1 time out of 30 times turning the game on. It has absolutely no negative impact on the game as it's all back to normal when the game finished booting but it's weird after all. Does somebody experience this, too?

mine does this quite always at boot

#7061 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

The original name, "Killer App" would have made it waaaay better. Jack thought it wasn't family friendly, which I disagree. As for callouts, I love the news cast tone. Different strokes..

I think DI is a perfect name for this game. Don't really understand all the negativity.

#7062 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think DI is a perfect name for this game. Don't really understand all the negativity.

It's not really that hard to understand. People initially thought it was a cell phone centric pinball theme (emoji's, selfie's, etc.), which was considered undesirable by many. Once you play the game, you realize the cell phone is a prop...the game isn't focused on cell phones, per se.

I also don't see all the negativity. People have opinions. Fortunately, the initial DI opinions were drowned out by the overwhelming belief that it's an extraordinary pinball machine. OTOH, you have a title like Munsters where everyone was gushing when it was released. Now that the initial frenzy has died down, more and more people are "meh" about the gameplay.

I appreciate that JJP seems to let their game "bake" longer. Stern is prolific, but the tight schedules often result in incompleteness on many fronts.

#7063 5 years ago

I also do not understand the resentment because of the name or the mobile phone in the theme. Ok, the crazy bob modes are a little bit uncommon (I'm almost certain not original ideas from Lawler) but on the other side unique. The phone is a great thing to manage the missions, way better than insert lights on the playfield! I think the concept seems very 90's, just like a Williams machine from that time, with a mixture of established pinball feeling and modern technology. I see this as as big advantage as other modern machines try to evolve pinball but mostly fail to catch the spirit.

#7064 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OTOH, you have a title like Munsters where everyone was gushing when it was released. Now that the initial frenzy has died down, more and more people are "meh" about the gameplay.

Played it yesterday. Very “meh” IMO.

#7065 5 years ago

The negative responses to DI's theme is somewhat justified as it was/is a little confusing. "Killer app" would have helped to clear up some of the issue in my opinion. I've personally never cared, but seeing the proposed art in the manual made me wish they kept the "killer app" title. That being said, I think the new callouts help a lot with the theme.

#7066 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I think the new callouts help a lot with the theme.

What do you mean by new callouts? Which software revisions?

Btw, taking possession of one this week, and admittedly a little freaked out about all the “issues” with phone screens going blank, 1.61 slow performance etc. I’m assuming these issues are anomalies vs systemic? Also, what is the consensus on what software I should be running on? My plan all along was to keep it up to date, but now I’m having second thoughts. What do you all think?

#7067 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Btw, taking possession of one this week, and admittedly a little freaked out about all the “issues” with phone screens going blank, 1.61 slow performance etc. I’m assuming these issues are anomalies vs systemic? Also, what is the consensus on what software I should be running on? My plan all along was to keep it up to date, but now I’m having second thoughts. What do you all think?

There are plenty of machines out there without phone problems. It just seems that a not insignificant number of people do have some issues.

As for software, I would keep it at 1.57 for the time being. They will be fixing the bugs with 1.61 at some point and you can update then. In the meantime, 1.57 has all features and is nearly bug free.

#7068 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I have had no phone problems with mine. And 1.61 runs fine on mine

#7069 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I have had no phone problems with mine. And 1.61 runs fine on mine

Same with mine, with a build date of nov 2017. Zero phone issues and no issues with 1.61.

#7070 5 years ago

1.61 and no phone or lag issues. I've never owned a pin this bulletproof. Very rare I pull the glass off, just play the shit out of it.

#7071 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

There are callouts about giving the phone back that clarify that you have a bad phone (irony) that is causing problems in the city.

I'm still running 1.56. It is the most robust build imho. I'll wait for a build with less reporting of bugs.

#7072 5 years ago

July 2017 game, no phone issues and all my drones work too, knock on wood.

#7073 5 years ago
Quoted from mrofnoc:

1.61 and no phone or lag issues. I've never owned a pin this bulletproof. Very rare I pull the glass off, just play the shit out of it.

I own 4 pins with DI being the newest. I've spent WAY more time on DI than any other pin I own as I've had multiple issues. Trap door, phone, flipper, apron, mylar over magnets, etc... It's still a great pin, but a pain in the ass.

#7074 5 years ago

It's a really really hard but challenging game!

#7075 5 years ago

JJP sent me a new phone. All the issues went away for 20 games. Then on game 21, it turned to a tinted yellow, very hard to see/read things on it. Then during gameplay, it went blank again. I turned it off and on, phone turned back to normal. I'm disappointed that the replacement didn't even last 2 days before problems resurfaced.

Quoted from Slugburger:

I Had a problem with the phone going dark and not working, i loosened the screws holding the back cover of the phone on and problem was solved seems that it may have twisted the phone a bit and lost one of the connections, never had another problem

This is interesting.

I've also noticed that when I play, sometimes the ball hits the phone or the structure holding it and jostles it pretty good. Not sure if this is affecting the phone at all, but I figured I'd make a note of it.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned that I may not get this fixed before the warranty runs out. Game was born April 2018 btw, and none of these problems existed until after I updated to 1.57. Not sure that's a coincidence or not, but I want to get all information out there.

#7076 5 years ago

I've ordered a new VGA cable today. In going to try this and rule this out. Can't see how a VGA cable could short out a phone as previous responder said, but a cheap cable might have poor signal or have interference? So will try and report back.

#7077 5 years ago

After reading the latest posts I would really consider contact problems to be the source of the problems with the phone monitor.

#7078 5 years ago

For those that have phone blanking issues, have you tried hooking them up to a laptop to see if the problem follows? Seems odd that so many phone LCDs would go bad over such a short period of time.

#7079 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

JJP sent me a new phone. All the issues went away for 20 games. Then on game 21, it turned to a tinted yellow, very hard to see/read things on it. Then during gameplay, it went blank again. I turned it off and on, phone turned back to normal. I'm disappointed that the replacement didn't even last 2 days before problems resurfaced.

This is interesting.
I've also noticed that when I play, sometimes the ball hits the phone or the structure holding it and jostles it pretty good. Not sure if this is affecting the phone at all, but I figured I'd make a note of it.
Anyway, I'm a little concerned that I may not get this fixed before the warranty runs out. Game was born April 2018 btw, and none of these problems existed until after I updated to 1.57. Not sure that's a coincidence or not, but I want to get all information out there.

You just described the last phone I replaced.My machine was built April 2018 too. I was told by a JJP tech,that's it's a heat issue that's causing the phones to blackout. Maybe they should have aimed the drones propellers at the phone,so that it would cool down the phone? In my case that still wouldn't help me,since my drones are dead.

#7080 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

You just described the last phone I replaced.My machine was built April 2018 too. I was told by a JJP tech,that's it's a heat issue that's causing the phones to blackout. Maybe they should have aimed the drones propellers at the phone,so that it would cool down the phone? In my case that still wouldn't help me,since my drones are dead.

Interesting diagnosis. My phone will blank early and then never again for an entire evening...

#7081 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Interesting diagnosis. My phone will blank early and then never again for an entire evening...

There has to be someone in the industry,who can figure out what the problem is.

#7082 5 years ago

Strange issue started tonight. I had tthe coin door open, glass off, ect. clearing a stuck ball under the trapdoor.
Now, with everything put back in place, the game thinks that the door is open. I can start a game. Trough eject works, jets work, but the flippers do not, nor does the RGB flasher near Crazy Bobs.

If I push or pull the power interlock safety switch, it does nothing. No warnings about high voltage, ect.

I have a new set of door interlock switches on order as a hail marry, but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.

#7083 5 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

but I'm curious if anyone has any ideas.

See if wires are still attached to the lugs on the switch.

LTG : )

#7084 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

See if wires are still attached to the lugs on the switch.

Thanks LTG for the prompt response; you guys are amazing. I checked, and reseated all connections to the switches, still the same behavior.

#7085 5 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

still the same behavior.

The high power interlock has 4 wires, two for each circuit. A good chance one circuit part of the high power interlock isn't working.

You get the warning from the memory protect switch when the door opens, not the high power switch.

#7086 5 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

still the same behavior.

Page D-114 in the manual has the fuse streams. I'd check fuse F705, see if it's LED is lit. Maybe you blew a fuse ?

#7087 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page D-114 in the manual has the fuse streams. I'd check fuse F705, see if it's LED is lit. Maybe you blew a fuse ?

Excellent. I'll check the fuse tonight after work.

#7088 5 years ago

LTG is the man.

#7089 5 years ago

PS. The menu buttons in the coin door are also not working. Still need to check the fuse based on LTG's recommendation tonight after work, but thought I would add it if it helps diagnose the root cause.

#7090 5 years ago

Translite signed by Jersey Jack himself, framed professionally and hung next to the real deal.

dialedin (resized).jpgdialedin (resized).jpg
#7091 5 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

The menu buttons in the coin door are also not working.

Check inside the cabinet. Look for any connectors loose or unplugged. Then check the I/O board for the same thing.

#7092 5 years ago

Loose connection to the IO board. No clue what caused it come loose, but the fix was nice an easy. Thanks again LTG!

#7093 5 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

Loose connection to the IO board. No clue what caused it come loose, but the fix was nice an easy. Thanks again LTG!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by the shaker motor. I turned mine down, after I kept finding losse screws in the bottom of my cabinet.

#7094 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by the shaker motor. I turned mine down, after I kept finding losse screws in the bottom of my cabinet.

Made the same on my Red and Ted's Roadshow, thinking about doing this on Dialed In, too...

#7095 5 years ago

Here's what my forth phone is doing now. It never fails,as soon as I start enjoying my game again,the phone breaks down,or Bobs trap door/hinge breaks on me.

IMG_20190129_192435933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_192435933 (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_192826250_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpgIMG_20190129_192826250_BURST000_COVER_TOP (resized).jpg

#7096 5 years ago

Dude, your phone is on drugs!

#7097 5 years ago

Wow! I can only imagine that there are contact problems, I really do not think anymore that all four phone displays were defective.

#7098 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Here's what my forth phone is doing now. It never fails,as soon as I start enjoying my game again,the phone breaks down,or Bobs trap door/hinge breaks on me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Have you tried moving the cable over to the theater to see if it's a cord issue? And vice versa, moving the theater over to the phone? Maybe play a few games with the phone and theater swapped around to see if it follows the cable or if it stays with the monitor.

#7099 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

or Bobs trap door/hinge breaks on me

The trapdoor is a tricky piece of technology to get right. It took me about 5 goes to get it right, but I can advise you can fix it. I had multiple issues with mine.

1. I could get the mechanism to "pop" and "drop" perfectly while testing but it would keep reporting as failed during game. Turned out that the switch wire underneath wasn't quite bent right, so the state of the trapdoor couldn't be read by the switch.
2. I also had a lubrication issue which made the door mechanism very stiff, but some silicon grease which I use on my TZ clock fixed that.
3. The third thing that went wrong was the centering of the solenoid on the release mechanism wasn't sharp. The baseplate was crooked with respect to the plate, meaning the latch didn't hold onto the blue arm when extended and therefore didn't release properly. This was just a simple phillps head screw loosen and tighten
4. The final problem was that the latch plate on the door release solenoid was loose. There are two mini phillips screws on the release plate that hold it to the plate. If yours was loose like mine was, it causes the door release flap to slop around, meaning it doesn't release properly. You can feel it being wonky if you have this problem. You have to take off the release solenoid to access the screws.

I've fixed all of the above and it now works and has worked for well over 100 games without a hiccup. Hopefully this can help you or someone else.

#7100 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

The trapdoor is a tricky piece of technology to get right. It took me about 5 goes to get it right, but I can advise you can fix it. I had multiple issues with mine.
1. I could get the mechanism to "pop" and "drop" perfectly while testing but it would keep reporting as failed during game. Turned out that the switch wire underneath wasn't quite bent right, so the state of the trapdoor couldn't be read by the switch.
2. I also had a lubrication issue which made the door mechanism very stiff, but some silicon grease which I use on my TZ clock fixed that.
3. The third thing that went wrong was the centering of the solenoid on the release mechanism wasn't sharp. The baseplate was crooked with respect to the plate, meaning the latch didn't hold onto the blue arm when extended and therefore didn't release properly. This was just a simple phillps head screw loosen and tighten
4. The final problem was that the latch plate on the door release solenoid was loose. There are two mini phillips screws on the release plate that hold it to the plate. If yours was loose like mine was, it causes the door release flap to slop around, meaning it doesn't release properly. You can feel it being wonky if you have this problem. You have to take off the release solenoid to access the screws.
I've fixed all of the above and it now works and has worked for well over 100 games without a hiccup. Hopefully this can help you or someone else.

I agree the trap door works great after a bunch of tweaking. The real problem is that the spring steel on the ramp is always breaking.I think I'm going on my fourth trap door replacement,because the spring steel keeps snapping on me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/142?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.