IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 273.
#6951 5 years ago

Good evening folks. Quick question. I had my machine on all day and I came back later in the day and noticed the back screen was off. Is there a setting that allows it to go into sleep mode? Thanks

#6952 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

a TZ ? a TAF ? or even better, a bit of these 2 ?

I'd take it over TAF for sure but I was never a huge TAF fan. As far as tech goes physical things, I'm not sure DI is really above TAF with the revolving library and thing flips. Obviously lighting/display stuff DI is, literally, decades ahead of it.
I love me some Dialed In but I wouldn't have a hard time sticking with the GOAT TZ. 2¢ Luckily I can have them both so no need to choose.

EDIT: I also Kind of wish they went they went a little old school PL and had something counting the ramp shots, like miles/bear kicks etc. Just a random thought I had.

#6953 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Redownloaded and reinstalled V1.60 and there's definitely reduced framerate/slow down of animations. Just seems as if the system cant process the information fast enough, like when you have an old computer. Hope they fix this soon, or reupload v1.50 so that we can get back to v1.57 until they put out a smoother code.
If anyone has v1.50, I would appreciate a link!

You can always go online to Action Pinball and order both v1.50 and v1.57 for about $25.

#6954 5 years ago

So..... i sent a ticket i about my smartphone issue (goes blank a lot) on 1-6-18 and no response as of now. Any ideas on how to get JJP tech to respond?

#6955 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

So..... i sent a ticket i about my smartphone issue (goes blank a lot) on 1-6-18 and no response as of now. Any ideas on how to get JJP tech to respond?

Call ( not me ) leave a message. I'll alert it. It may take a bit but they'll catch up to it.

LTG : )

#6956 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

1-732-364-9900 Ext: 1

I had to call that number 3 times. Left a message each time. No response week 1, no response week 2. Someone finally got back to me in just 1 hour when I said the 3rd time "Lloyd said to ask for Steve or Frank".

So there ya go.

#6957 5 years ago

Seems like over and over again we hear about people emailing and calling and not getting a response. Me included, I've run into the same issue a couple times.

JJP should train their folks better, they should respond to each and every call and email in a timely fashion. It's really not very hard to have good customer service, just need to be responsive. Having to call and email multiple times not only annoys the customers, but also wastes JJP's time in having to sift through multiple repeat requests. Just respond the first time.

#6958 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Seems like over and over again we hear about people emailing and calling and not getting a response.

Probably didn't hire people because of the amazing build quality of their games.

#6959 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

JJP should train their folks better, they should respond to each and every call and email in a timely fashion.

Hey now. The ones that go to me. I do answer, then or as quick as I can. I'm running around noon to midnight CST every day. I was at it an hour earlier today to handle others I could help. That is four phones here, two email addresses to me, PM's here and on Facebook, and posts here, people stopping in. I can't send parts or take parts orders.

#6960 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hey now. The ones that go to me. I do answer, then or as quick as I can. I'm running around noon to midnight CST every day. I was at it an hour earlier today to handle others I could help. That is four phones here, two email addresses to me, PM's here and on Facebook, and posts here, people stopping in. I can't send parts or take parts orders.

Ya ya! Sorry wasn't meant at you. You're always on top of it. Just saying there seems to be a lot of delays at the JJP office. Even parts orders I placed on the website would sit for a week without shipping and I eventually canceled. Just seems like there are a lot of delays and repeat requests there. You are great though!

#6961 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ya ya! Sorry wasn't meant at you. You're always on top of it. Just saying there seems to be a lot of delays at the JJP office. Even parts orders I placed on the website would sit for a week without shipping and I eventually canceled. Just seems like there are a lot of delays and repeat requests there. You are great though!

I've sent 2 emails with a pic to Frank about a replacement board he sent to me (WOZ) a month ago, but hasn't answered. I'll probably just post in that thread and ask the pinside community.

#6962 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I'll probably just post in that thread and ask the pinside community.

Seems to be the only way to get shit taken care of these days.

#6963 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Seems like over and over again we hear about people emailing and calling and not getting a response. Me included, I've run into the same issue a couple times.
JJP should train their folks better, they should respond to each and every call and email in a timely fashion. It's really not very hard to have good customer service, just need to be responsive. Having to call and email multiple times not only annoys the customers, but also wastes JJP's time in having to sift through multiple repeat requests. Just respond the first time.

My impression is that they are too few working with customer support. Once you get hold of them, they assist you swiftly. Regarding service level my experience have been a mixed bag. Two low points were when they asked me to pay for a spare part that one of their employees had promised to send cost free (e-mail correspondence was forwarded to them with no effect) and when they asked me to pay for an order that their courier had failed to deliver (which is a matter between them and the courier, not me). Part from that, I´ve generally had good experiences when speaking to Frank on the phone and LTG does a really great job on this forum.

#6964 5 years ago

For whatever it's worth, I've had NOTHING but EXCELLENT customer support experiences with JJP for my Dialed In AND my WOZ in 2017 and 2018.
Those folks have done A LOT for me...going ABOVE & BEYOND the level of support I expected to receive...on multiple occasions!

#6965 5 years ago

I’ve gotten great support from JJP.

I suspect new POTC is keeping them busy. JJP also seems to attract new people to the hobby. I’d guess there’s quite a few that need a lot of hand holding.

#6966 5 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

For whatever it's worth, I've had NOTHING but EXCELLENT customer support experiences with JJP for my Dialed In AND my WOZ in 2017 and 2018.
Those folks have done A LOT for me...going ABOVE & BEYOND the level of support I expected to receive...on multiple occasions!

Ditto. If you don’t get a response immediately, just call them, wait until you talk to someone live, and you will be taken care of right away.

#6967 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If you don’t get a response immediately, just call them, wait until you talk to someone live, and you will be taken care of right away.

Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

1-732-364-9900 Ext: 1
I had to call that number 3 times. Left a message each time. No response week 1, no response week 2. Someone finally got back to me in just 1 hour when I said the 3rd time "Lloyd said to ask for Steve or Frank".
So there ya go.

#6968 5 years ago

I think the old school technique(phone call) works best with JJP. Once you talk to Frank or Steve,your parts will ship shortly. Sometimes leaving a message does pay off . I was having problems with my Bob's trap door/ramp,and Lloyd called me back,after hours to help me out.

#6969 5 years ago

OK, so....I've been having an issue with my left flipper recently, where it will lose power for half a second while I'm holding or flipping it. Its not all the time, maybe...once every 30 seconds. I just don't have the troubleshooting expertise to know exactly where to look for the problem.

So, my right bottom flipper was doing it a bit a week or so ago, so I took a piece of construction paper and pinched it between the leafs of the flipper button switch and pulled it out a few times. Basically....seems to work like a very light sandpaper to clean the contacts there. Seemed to fixed it. Also tried that on the left flipper but still happening.

Next, a month ago I had taken the flippers apart, replaced the coil sleeves, cleaned everything, used the flipper gap tool to properly set the flipper bat, etc. Everything seemed fine.

I was next thinking it could be a coil stop leaf switch problem. Here is what its currently like ->

20190117_152023 (resized).jpg20190117_152023 (resized).jpg

So...not sure if its too early, too late...hard to tell. (again, inexperience). I was thinking that...maybe if the flipper is losing power for a second that its because its overheating or something but after I play for 10 minutes the flipper coil doesn't seem hot...certainly not hotter than the right flipper coil.

The main thing I'm worried about...is that the left flipper exclusively has these metal shavings on it. It could be a telltale sign of X type of problem (just not sure what could be causing it). I clean off the shavings, and it comes back fairly quickly.

Here is what it looks like on the left flipper ->

20190117_151728 (resized).jpg20190117_151728 (resized).jpg

In contrast to the right lower flipper ->

20190117_151849 (resized).jpg20190117_151849 (resized).jpg

and right upper flipper ->

20190117_151905 (resized).jpg20190117_151905 (resized).jpg

Is this a sign that the coil needs to be replaced? A full flipper rebuild? Something else?

#6970 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Is this a sign that the coil needs to be replaced?

No.

Quoted from Gogdog:

A full flipper rebuild?

Yes. New plunger assembly, new coil sleeve, new coil stop, nylon bushing doesn't come with kits, but may as well do it too.

When you get the left one out, remove the pawl from the link and marvel at the wear.

#6971 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

When you get the left one out, remove the pawl from the link and marvel at the wear.

Jesus I'm marveling at it now...look at all those metal shards

5a67eb038a501f732105176c9a9df72f1b88e04a (resized).jpg5a67eb038a501f732105176c9a9df72f1b88e04a (resized).jpg
#6972 5 years ago

LTG.
Would you please give us/me your input on slingshot strength? I’m convinced that the slingshot coils are weaker after the recent couple updates. I don’t notice any difference after adjusting the values in the coil settings from 30 (minimum) to 60 (maximum). 48 is default. Furthermore, what exactly do these numbers mean? On the left it says slingshot strength and on the right it says “time in milliseconds”. If it’s a timing setting I’m thinking that 30 would means it fires the coil faster than 60 would, but this has nothing to do with strength.
Please advise.
Thanks

#6973 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Would you please give us/me your input on slingshot strength? I’m convinced that the slingshot coils are weaker after the recent couple updates.

Mine seem the same. Any time I update, full or delta, I back up my settings first and restore them after.

30 would means it fires the coil faster than 60

30 is smaller than 60, so 60 gives you a much bigger WHACK ! Harder, longer, things like that.

#6974 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

30 is smaller than 60, so 60 gives you a much bigger WHACK ! Harder, longer, things like that.

Boy, I can't wait until my wife turns 60

#6975 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine seem the same. Any time I update, full or delta, I back up my settings first and restore them after.

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

I didn’t mean that I couldn’t remember what my settings were before the update. I’m saying that no matter the value, the slingshots are less powerful now.

“60 gives you a bigger WHACK”
Not trying to be difficult here, but this makes no sense to me. How could a coil strength be measured with a time value?

#6976 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Yes. New plunger assembly, new coil sleeve, new coil stop, nylon bushing doesn't come with kits, but may as well do it too.

Ok...so...you are thinking these metal shards are mainly coming from either the plunger itself or coil stop?

And...that wear itself is leading to the flipper losing power occasionally? I can see why excessive wear could be causing the metal shards...i.e., some grinding metal parts or whatever...but I don't see how that would make the flipper lose power...

#6977 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

these metal shards are mainly coming from either the plunger itself or coil stop?

Coming from the top of the plunger. See wear spot circled in red.

Quoted from Gogdog:

but I don't see how that would make the flipper lose power...

Plunger is likely mushroomed or has a sharp edge and is dragging in the coil. Judging the wear on the top side of your plunger, that plastic link has enlarged or elongated holes causing slop in power to the flipper. And you'll find everything is dirty or has those metal flakes hampering the flipper action.

ddafcb05537b9d57457fde0b1764b423e46b2924 (resized).jpgddafcb05537b9d57457fde0b1764b423e46b2924 (resized).jpg
#6978 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Plunger is likely mushroomed or has a sharp edge and is dragging in the coil. Judging the wear on the top side of your plunger, that plastic link has enlarged or elongated holes causing slop in power to the flipper. And you'll find everything is dirty or has those metal flakes hampering the flipper action.
[quoted image]

Ok...just to be clear....I'm not talking about losing power to the flippers as in...how hard it hits the ball. I'm talking about...I'm holding the flipper button down and the flipper releases momentarily and goes back down, then back up. Was that clear in my initial explanation?

I mean...I totally can understand where a bad plunger can create slop and rob "power" from the flipper but I'm talking about...its like the coil releases the plunger momentarily then grabs it again...all while I'm holding the flipper button.

#6979 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

holding the flipper button down and the flipper releases momentarily and goes back down

Be sure the solder joints on the coil are good. Clean the flipper button leaf blade switches. Clean the EOS switches. Be sure they are all adjusted good.

Then get that worn crap out of there before the metal shavings get into other things or the plunger assembly breaks. At least run a magnet around those metal shavings to try and contain them.

#6980 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Also...that's not really a wear spot that you circled on that plunger. That's supposed to be there and doesn't make contact with anything anyway. All of the plungers have that.

And....I might take back what I said about the coil not getting hot. Just played again for...20 minutes and the coil seemed fairly hot on the left but not on the right flipper. I want to say that the longer I played the more times the left flipper would "reflip" like I was describing above.

Now...is a hot coil a sign of anything? LIke...coil needs to be replaced or...the EOS leaf switch needs to be closer together so it triggers sooner?

#6981 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Also...that's not really a wear spot that you circled on that plunger. That's supposed to be there and doesn't make contact with anything anyway. All of the plungers have that.
And....I might take back what I said about the coil not getting hot. Just played again for...20 minutes and the coil seemed fairly hot on the left but not on the right flipper. I want to say that the longer I played the more times the left flipper would "reflip" like I was describing above.
Now...is a hot coil a sign of anything? LIke...coil needs to be replaced or...the EOS leaf switch needs to be closer together so it triggers sooner? For reference...this DI has a build date in April 2018, but has about 8000 plays on it.

Sounds like the high voltage isnt going off on your left flipper.... check wires on eos and clean the contacts also.

#6982 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

They have a little one when they are new.

His is worn. A lot. See the mushroomed edge on the left side of his spot ?

DSC00728 (resized).JPGDSC00728 (resized).JPG

#6983 5 years ago

A feature request: As I'm the only person playing the game most of the time an option in the Highscore setting to simply show the last name used for highscore only to press ok at the end would be very much appreciated. And maybe a higher score for the minimum score setting would also be nice (maximum is 100,000 at the moment; 250,000 and 500,000 would be great in addition).

#6984 5 years ago

And a question about the playfield hangers: As the yellow flash of the QED guy is still touching the glass when moving to the far right side I wonder if maybe the hangers of the playfield are a little bit too short? In the manual The hangers end above the apron, in reality the hangers are ending about 7 mm under the apron. How is this at your machines?

hangers (resized).jpghangers (resized).jpg
#6985 5 years ago

How could a coil strength be measured with a time value?

The time value is the interval length of the pulse that the coil is fired. For shorter pulses, the coil will turn off before the plunger has reached full travel position.

And to confirm your observation - the slings are slightly weaker at max setting, starting with version 1.55.
--Ted

#6986 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

The time value is the interval length of the pulse that the coil is fired. For shorter pulses, the coil will turn off before the plunger has reached full travel position.
And to confirm your observation - the slings are slightly weaker at max setting, starting with version 1.55.
--Ted

Thank you very much for chiming in Ted. I appreciate it.

#6987 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Thank for the correction....you are right, the other ones are bit smaller.

OK, so...anyway to confirm the right flipper parts if I don't want to pay the high shipping from JJP? Like a normal order from PinballLIfe. The manual only shows like this ->

2019-01-18_1437 (resized).png2019-01-18_1437 (resized).png

I'm assuming the flipper assemblies are the Williams/Bally style like these? ->

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-left-flipper-plunger-and-crank-assembly.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-flipper-coil-stop-a-10821.html

As for flipper bushing....not sure which one of these it would use? ->

https://www.pinballlife.com/search.html?Search=nylon%20flipper%20bushing

#6988 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

My 2 cents. The op stated he cleaned the eos contacts with sand paper. From what I see those are not high voltage. And sanding them actually ruined them. Same for flipper switches if they are not high voltage. Should be cleaned with paper and maybe alcohol. Like rubbing a business card through while lightly pinching them together. I would guess the op may have a non closing or registering eos and the coil is getting hot because of it. Then getting weaker through a game.

#6989 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

My 2 cents. The op stated he cleaned the eos contacts with sand paper. From what I see those are not high voltage. And sanding them actually ruined them. Same for flipper switches if they are not high voltage. Should be cleaned with paper and maybe alcohol. Like rubbing a business card through while lightly pinching them together. I would guess the op may have a non closing or registering eos and the coil is getting hot because of it. Then getting weaker through a game.

I didn't use sandpaper....I used construction paper because its just what I had here. I thought it would be as effective as a business card (and not abrasive). I just pinched the leafs together with my fingers and pull the piece of paper through it.

And.....I did some more testing today. The EOS is getting activated because I just look at the switch history in the menu. Every time the flipper is firing the EOS switch registers in the history....so...I don't think that's it.

#6990 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I didn't use sandpaper....I used construction paper because its just what I had here. I thought it would be as effective as a business card (and not abrasive). I just pinched the leafs together with my fingers and pull the piece of paper through it.
And.....I did some more testing today. The EOS is getting activated because I just look at the switch history in the menu. Every time the flipper is firing the EOS switch registers in the history....so...I don't think that's it.

Oops. My bad. ya that should be fine for cleaning. I guess my brain got hung up on the sanded words. Sorry man.

My thoughts. Loose connection somewhere. If the eos is getting activated when flip that’s not the issue then. What about a failed solder joint on the coil. Try tugging on wires while testing.
I forget is it only the one flipper with issues or both? Might not even hurt justbto dissassemble everything. Clean it all real good and reassemble. Ohm our connections wile shaking wires etc.

#6991 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Oops. My bad. ya that should be fine for cleaning. I guess my brain got hung up on the sanded words. Sorry man.
My thoughts. Loose connection somewhere. If the eos is getting activated when flip that’s not the issue then. What about a failed solder joint on the coil. Try tugging on wires while testing.
I forget is it only the one flipper with issues or both? Might not even hurt justbto dissassemble everything. Clean it all real good and reassemble. Ohm our connections wile shaking wires etc.

You said "Ohm our connections wile shaking wires etc.". You mean use like a voltimeter attached to the soldered coil leads and shake the wires? I really need to get a voltimeter and learn how to use one...

#6992 5 years ago

My right flipper used to do the same. It would stop its hold once in a while. For me, it was the flipper button leaf switch alignment. The switches are kinda cheap, and the contact doesn’t seem to be as good as the old school Williams. Even if it looks fine, adjust it so that there is ample contact at full engagement. Again, even if it looks fine, adjust it. As for your flipper wear, how many plays are we talking? I’ve seen metal flaking like yours and simply cleaned it up each time and had years of use out of said flippers. I keep my flipper mechs pretty clean though.

#6993 5 years ago

My daughter (she's 16) and I are super excited to take possession of a DI in the next couple of weeks. Weird random question that I can't seem to find anywhere... what is the purpose of the upper playfield? I've played the game a dozen times are so on location and I recall my ball getting shunted in there by the quantum mechanic person, but aside from disruption and random falling, not sure of its purpose or objective. Is there anything secret going on up there or when the ball falls through the hole?

#6994 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

My daughter (she's 16) and I are super excited to take possession of a DI in the next couple of weeks. Weird random question that I can't seem to find anywhere... what is the purpose of the upper playfield? I've played the game a dozen times are so on location and I recall my ball getting shunted in there by the quantum mechanic person, but aside from disruption and random falling, not sure of its purpose or objective. Is there anything secret going on up there or when the ball falls through the hole?

It just adds some randomness. And there are some modes that take advantage of it, like Acid Rain where you try to shoot the ball up the left ramp and into the pops if you can. Also, having the ball fall into the pops through the hole gives more points.

Anyway, congrats on your upcoming purchase!

#6995 5 years ago

The randomness is mostly the only thing I think, it's a nice gimmick nothing more, nevertheless I miss a controllable mini playfield - in DI you can not influence anything on it. Wish it would have been more like in TZ...

#6996 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

The randomness is mostly the only thing I think, it's a nice gimmick nothing more, nevertheless I miss a controllable mini playfield - in DI you can not influence anything on it. Wish it would have been more like in TZ...

You just need to get better at nudging.

#6997 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

You’re supposed to nudge when it’s up there, and get it down the hole. You get more points and it’s actually pretty easy once you try it a couple times

#6998 5 years ago

My phone screen goes blank occasionally mid game. Led's around the screen work still, but screen never recovers. If I reboot all is fine and sometimes I can play for hours with no re-occurrence. Anyone encountered this and how did you fix it?

#6999 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You’re supposed to nudge when it’s up there, and get it down the hole. You get more points and it’s actually pretty easy once you try it a couple times

I think this was not the idea in the first place.

#7000 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

My phone screen goes blank occasionally mid game. Led's around the screen work still, but screen never recovers. If I reboot all is fine and sometimes I can play for hours with no re-occurrence. Anyone encountered this and how did you fix it?

I've been dealing with this problem ever since I bought my game . I purchased my game in June 2018,and so far, every phone I've replaced,has this issue. I'm now on my forth phone, and it just started to black out,like the others.
I don't understand why they haven't been able to figure out what the problem is

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.