IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 273.
#601 6 years ago

Take out the tilt bob?

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sort of reminds me of TZ in a narrow body for some reason. Maybe code/modes. Anyone else?

Much faster and flows better than tz. Both great in their own way

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Yeah....No. any other suggestions.

Someone else had this problem, I can't remember how it was solved but if you look in all the DI threads you will find it.

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Much faster and flows better than tz. Both great in their own way

Yeh, the flow and combos on DI are insane. But there's something about it that still reminds me of TZ - maybe its the packed nature of the PF - the feeling that everything has been thrown into the game with no regard to budget. Or the mode based code (sim cards = door panels), or that TZ also feels like non licenced theme. Some shots are very similar - right upper flipper to sim scoop = right upper flipper to camera, Phone scoop = Slot scoop, theatre shot = ball lock (but easier).

Anyway, whatever it is theyre both brilliant. DI deserves to be up there with TZ.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, the flow and combos on DI are insane. But there's something about it that still reminds me of TZ - maybe its the packed nature of the PF - the feeling that everything has been thrown into the game with no regard to budget. Or the mode based code (sim cards = door panels), or that TZ also feels like non licenced theme. Some shots are very similar - right upper flipper to sim scoop = right upper flipper to camera, Phone scoop = Slot scoop, theatre shot = ball lock (but easier).
Anyway, whatever it is theyre both brilliant. DI deserves to be up there with TZ.

For sure... many of pat l pins feel similar .

#606 6 years ago

You could shape a piece of Mylar and put it in that area to eliminate the lip, perhaps.

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

You could shape a piece of Mylar and put it in that area to eliminate the lip, perhaps.

Maybe cutting a V into the protector? that way it rolls down.. The mylar is a possibility as well..

#608 6 years ago

Speaking of PF protectors, for those that aren't putting one on, make sure you put a piece of Mylar under the station ramp, where the ball drops out onto the pf. TBH, the mylar protection on this game ex works is great - that's the only bit they missed, but probably needs it most.

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Not with the playfield protector

Doesn't releasing the flipper smack it out?

#610 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Not with the playfield protector

Cut a few centimeters of weather stripping foam and put a square of it there behind the flipper. That will prevent balls from hanging there. I've had zero problems since I did that.

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

It's not stuck on the wireform, there is a cutout in the pf protector where the flipper is, the ball is stuck on the lip of it.

I gotcha. Never put a playfield protector on before.

#612 6 years ago

Does Dialed In NOT have a 'Jack In The Back' audio port on the back of the machine, like WOZ does?
I was planning on connecting an external sub this way.

#613 6 years ago

It does not. Just use the alligator clip to the internal woofer contacts method.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Cut a few centimeters of weather stripping foam and put a square of it there behind the flipper. That will prevent balls from hanging there. I've had zero problems since I did that.

Thanks for the tip! Will try that..

#615 6 years ago

I would like to see manufacturers have audio Jacks and even usb audio outs on the back to plug into stereo systems or home theater receivers for surround sound immersion.

#616 6 years ago

Why in the heck can't I find the setting to adjust the theatre magnet to prevent dropping the ball straight down the middle. I've read a negative setting is good but can anybody comment on where the hell this setting is and what number seems to work best. I'm at about a 6.6% pitch.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Why in the heck can't I find the setting to adjust the theatre magnet to prevent dropping the ball straight down the middle. I've read a negative setting is good but can anybody comment on where the hell this setting is and what number seems to work best. I'm at about a 6.6% pitch.

It's in the tests under theatre test, not the game settings (for some strange reason). Start at -90 and go down (bigger negative number) from there.

Since this seems to be a common "out of the box" adjustment needed by many, maybe JJP should add the location of the adjustment to the sheets with warnings and information taped to the glass when you unpack it.

#618 6 years ago

tests - device tests - theater test
-90 to -100

#619 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's in the tests under theatre test, not the game settings (for some strange reason). Start at -90 and go down (bigger negative number) from there.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

tests - device tests - theater test
-90 to -100

Thanks guys!

#620 6 years ago

Does anyone have a list of when the theater magnet should drop the ball down instead of flipping it back around to the upper flipper? My game does it during EMP and volcano mode, and also when hitting the train doors. The game was built about six weeks ago and had -120 for the theater magnet from the factory.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does anyone have a list of when the theater magnet should drop the ball down instead of flipping it back around to the upper flipper? My game does it during EMP and volcano mode, and also when hitting the train doors. The game was built about six weeks ago and had -120 for the theater magnet from the factory.

I haven't figured it out yet. Modes where I think it should it sometimes doesn't.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Those modes are suppose to drop the ball down

#623 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Those modes are suppose to drop the ball down

I've had EMP whip it back and around, but I can't figure out why it does only sometimes.

#624 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've had EMP whip it back and around, but I can't figure out why it does only sometimes.

Hmm I’ve never seen it go up during that mode

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Depends if other stuff is also lit at theater.... lava does same thing sometimes ...

#626 6 years ago

Right - for example, if Mystery Package is lit during EMP or Volcano, you'll get the whip around after it's (silently) awarded.

I'm going to go report that as a bug...

#627 6 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

Right - for example, if Mystery Package is lit during EMP or Volcano, you'll get the whip around after it's (silently) awarded.
I'm going to go report that as a bug...

Why would it be a bug (unless you mean the silent part)? I would see it as an advantage to stacking 2 things together.

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Why would it be a bug (unless you mean the silent part)? I would see it as an advantage to stacking 2 things together.

I love stacking, too. The bug I reported is that there's no callout (audio or visual) of the award. The same happens if you have transit or spider lit over Mystery Package - the T or S award is shown, but the Mystery...remains so.

#629 6 years ago

JJP sent me the metal protectors for the phone and sim scoops a couple of days ago. Both scoops already appear to have milar on them and I don't seem to see any issues of wear without having the metal protectors on and they appear to be quite a bit of work to put them on. I am sure it is best to put the metal protectors on but are they really necessary and what exactly would be the issue if I didn't put them on?

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

JJP sent me the metal protectors for the phone and sim scoops a couple of days ago. Both scoops already appear to have milar on them and I don't seem to see any issues of wear without having the metal protectors on and they appear to be quite a bit of work to put them on. I am sure it is best to put the metal protectors on but are they really necessary and what exactly would be the issue if I didn't put them on?

Yes, the clear coat will start chipping on the Sim hole.

20170822_153406 (resized).jpg20170822_153406 (resized).jpg

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

Put them on. Mylar will not stop the chipping, and they WILL chip.

#632 6 years ago

Yay! Dialed In LE #218 arrived yesterday, and is up and running on location in Trondheim, Norway The two playfield protectors were not installed from factory, but came in an envelope taped to the outside of the box. Beyond installing protectors and a coin mech there was really no tweaking needed. We had an audience of eager players we set it up, and they seemed to really enjoy the game so far

2017-10-04 22.23.36 (resized).jpg2017-10-04 22.23.36 (resized).jpg

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, the clear coat will start chipping on the Sim hole.

Our game actually had a small chip (round-ish shape, around 3 mm diameter) when we unboxed it, before we played it at all. Most likely from a QA test game performed at the factory. No problem since the protector covers it all, but yes, install protectors as soon as you can to avoid damage.

#634 6 years ago

So what are the four lights in a row right in front of the lock bar for?

#635 6 years ago

The four lights on the apron are a holdover from before the phone connection went to its current Bluetooth configuration. On the prototype games there was a sensor on the glass and the apron that you placed the phone over, then the LEDs would blink and then lock on solidly to show you that the phone was synced up. The sensors and concept were scrapped but the LEDs remain.

#636 6 years ago

Does the DILE still come with the comic book?

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Does the DILE still come with the comic book?

Mine did.

#638 6 years ago

Yep, my example came with the comic book as well.

#639 6 years ago

Just sold my Metallica pro to fund a DI, Just holding off till I see what game 4 is next thurs

I think Woz has staying power and never leaving my game room, You guys feel DI is on the same level ? Any rumors of anymore code drop?

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Just sold my Metallica pro to fund a DI, Just holding off till I see what game 4 is next thurs
I think Woz has staying power and never leaving my game room, You guys feel DI is on the same level ? Any rumors of anymore code drop?

Code to add topper lighting support for the CEs is coming very soon and Expo is next week...

#641 6 years ago

Dialed In #184 arrived yesterday! What a fun pin!

IMG_20171004_143317134 (resized).jpgIMG_20171004_143317134 (resized).jpg

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Dialed In #184 arrived yesterday! What a fun pin!

Nice lineup, I think I want to add a LOTR to mine.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Nice lineup, I think I want to add a LOTR to mine.

Thank You. LOTR is a great pin! A true journey each time you press start.

#644 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Different games, but DI is kind in a league of its own....I love that JJP took a risk with an original theme....I enjoy playing all the JJP games, and its nice that they are all a different from each other.

#645 6 years ago

Finally did the budget and DI is in sight!!

Anybody know if I order now (say from my closest distro, PinballSTAR), how long before it ships?

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Finally did the budget and DI is in sight!!
Anybody know if I order now (say from my closest distro, PinballSTAR), how long before it ships?

Call Joe probably not long!

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Call Joe probably not long!

Good idea!!

#648 6 years ago

Phone scoop is definitely trickier to make with the JJP protector on. I'm also noticing some crazy ball spin when it ejects from that scoop at times which makes the eject unpredictable (not sending the ball to a consistent spot). Anyone else noticing this or do I need to look further into my install of that protector from JJP?

#649 6 years ago

I have the cliffy protectors. At first, making the scoop did seem more difficult, but over time with use, it seems to have settled in and I can now make it with no issue. I also pushed the sides in a little. I don't notice and spin from the eject.

#650 6 years ago

I agree, much harder shot with the JJP protector on. I ordered a cliffy set before I knew the JJP ones were coming out, and may change it over for a comparison.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/13?hl=vdrums and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.