IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 273.
#6801 5 years ago

I’m thinking of changing game setting from director cut but not sure what to change it to and how.Any advice?

#6802 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

doesnt have it, but simple similar search and...
http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

thank you!

#6803 5 years ago

If I want to revert to 1.57 I need to do a full install of 1.5 and then update to 1.57?

#6804 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

If I want to revert to 1.63 I need to do a full install of 1.5 and then update to 1.63?

1.63???? or 1.61?

Anything in the 1.6 range you'll need to download the full install (1.60 core) then to the delta upgrade that you wish (only 1.61 as of now).

The same goes for anything in the 1.5 range, the full (1.50 core) then to the delta upgrade that you wish. (1.52, 1.57 etc..)

#6805 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I went back to 1.61 again to see if reinstalling it helps. It still doesn't, still having coil and video lag issues.
Trying to go back but I cant find the full 1.50 install. Can you give a link to that?
thanks!

Have you tried taking off the Bluetooth dongle? That's helped mined. I can still notice it occasionally but it's not nearly as bad as it was.

#6806 5 years ago

Looks like I'm staying at 1.57 for the foreseeable future.

#6807 5 years ago

without the BT dongle mine was a LITTLE better but still dropped into single digit framerates occasionally.

#6808 5 years ago

Wouldn't it be a nostalgic surprise to hear the voice of Tim Kitzrow (Ted) for the sinkholes mission, maybe with a cameo of Carlene Carter (Red)?

#6809 5 years ago

I’m SERIOUSLY thinking about pulling the trigger on a Dialed In LE to complement my STTNG. My 16 year old daughter (and key sponsor on the purchase!) and I had an epic 8 mile bike ride out to The Flipper Room to check it and others out. She laughed out loud several times and score over 300k on her very first game and collected a SIM card on her first disaster.

Huge Lawlor fan. Super reluctant to buy new especially in light of the new tax.

What say you all? Waste of money or good idea?

92DA8905-16B2-4ED8-835C-DB369A223E88 (resized).jpeg92DA8905-16B2-4ED8-835C-DB369A223E88 (resized).jpeg
#6810 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’m SERIOUSLY thinking about pulling the trigger on a Dialed In LE to complement my STTNG. My 16 year old daughter (and key sponsor on the purchase!) and I had an epic 8 mile bike ride out to The Flipper Room to check it and others out. She laughed out loud several times and score over 300k on her very first game and collected a SIM card on her first disaster.
[quoted image]

You're in the DI club thread. Of course we're gonna say YES! With that said, I would shop on the second hand market for a nice HUO. No worries about the taxes then, and you'll save some cash over NIB.

#6811 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

as a player, i was following DI since the beginning
got home more than few recents STERN, and i know them all of course
after 1 year playing TWD, it was time to try something else, and for sure it was the perfect timing to finally get a DI
in term of gameplay, i have absolutly no regret, this pin is top without a doubt, accessible/easy for beginners, hard/deep enough for good players

you want one ? go for it !

#6812 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

[quoted image]

You should have no problem finding a beauty in CA that's already been "dialed in" by a loving collector.

My first JJP pin and one of the best games I've ever owned. Tough game that appeals to both hardcore and novice players.

#6813 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

[quoted image]

Hi. I too have been on the fence getting a DI. I decided to sell a couple pins to find one a couple weeks ago and going to wait a couple weeks with cash in the pocket to ensure I’m not making a rash decision. Also hoping a decent one comes up closer to me. My main concern is code right now. It appears they are adding new things. But also alot of bugs. I heard a podcast where they mentioned improving the phone animations so I’m hoping the future code releases are better. I would also like to see features added to the BT app. Seems like alotnof opportunity there.

#6814 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

... But also alot of bugs...

!!!??? please, tell us more, i'm curious

even if of course, some few things may need minor tweaks, but (gameplay) code is mature and more than very good already

#6815 5 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

[quoted image]

I have three pins - WOZ RR, AFMr LE and DILE. My dad, wife, and nephews, who are "okay" at pinball, suprisingly always want to play DI out of the three.

For me, I've only been playing DI lately because of its amazing replay factor. I literally don't want to stop playing it. It's fun, challenging, and a great shooter. If it wasn't for the theme, I bet it would be rated in the Top 3 games on Pinside.

In regards to the enforcement of online sales tax, are you okay with adding another $500-$700 on your purchase? For me, I will be WAY more selective in the future when purchasing a NIB.

My advice, instead of paying $9500+ for a NIB, you could wait and find a lighly used DILE for $8,000, give or take. That's a decent chunk of savings. However, if you can't wait to buy it, I don't think you'll go wrong buying this pin as a NIB because the replayability is fantastic.

Good luck with your purchase!

#6816 5 years ago

Also in the market for a DI
If not soon I expect this may happen by summer.

#6817 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

My main concern is code right now. It appears they are adding new things. But also alot of bugs.

v1.57 with all the animations and the new Theater multiball is rock solid. The newer code (v1.60+) that is causing some video lag and frame rate doesn't really add anything significant.

Code isn't a concern at all with Dialed In.

#6818 5 years ago

the more funny (take this friendly of course) is that you have a GB in your gameroom ... (i like it too & own it before)

#6819 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It’s inside the drones themselves. There is a pcb in the drone body. It looks like they are toys basically modified to turn on/off by wire, rather than a switch as originally intended. The wires are very crudely soldered to the pcb. My guess is that the drones fail because of a combination of poor/cold solder joints and vibration.
You can check by going into test mode and gently pushing on the top of the drone body. If a bit of pressure makes the drone intermitantly work, it is probably a bad solder joint. Mine failed, one by one. I fixed them over 6 months ago and have had no trouble since.

Thanks! I’ll check this out over the weekend.

#6820 5 years ago

just to let me know, what is your combos hi-score ?
i'm now at 31... i think its a lot, but i have nothing to compare !?
tanx

#6821 5 years ago

and to the DI team, 2 more places with trapped balls :

- (this one funny) just behind QUED, which was on the right position, and the ramp, after an airball : ball fall to the PF when QED move left with the ball search
- on the plastic at the right of the lower drone : can't get the ball back while nudging, need the glass off... surelly another easy tweak there

20190105_213622 (resized).jpg20190105_213622 (resized).jpg

20190105_213630 (resized).jpg20190105_213630 (resized).jpg

in fact, seems lots of airballs came with shots on the left post of the phone scoop (and may be with some help of the cliffy !?)

#6822 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

just to let me know, what is your combos hi-score ?
i'm now at 31... i think its a lot, but i have nothing to compare !?
tanx

What's the default combo high score? I'm one above that.

#6823 5 years ago

to be honest, dont know/remember...
btw, it is showed while in attrack mode, than check & tell me later
tanx

#6824 5 years ago

Yes, I am a little nerdy about themed blankets to cover my pins when not in use. I finally had one made for DI. It turned out pretty well.

20190105_181354 (resized).jpg20190105_181354 (resized).jpg20190105_181252 (resized).jpg20190105_181252 (resized).jpg
#6825 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and to the DI team, 2 more places with trapped balls :
- (this one funny) just behind QUED, which was on the right position, and the ramp, after an airball : ball fall to the PF when QED move left with the ball search
- on the plastic at the right of the lower drone : can't get the ball back while nudging, need the glass off... surelly another easy tweak there
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
in fact, seems lots of airballs came with shots on the left post of the phone scoop (and may be with some help of the cliffy !?)

Yep the cliffy starts getting bent and starts causing airballs.... im gonna replace mine with the mantis protector very soon.

#6826 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

the more funny (take this friendly of course) is that you have a GB in your gameroom ... (i like it too & own it before)

Ha, GB is actually a driving force behind me getting a DI. I do enjoy playing GB, but i want a game that won't be a dick and allow me to progress in modes when I'm doing good, rather than give me the middle finger. I have been busy shopping a game to make some room so just catching up.
On the bugs comment, i have been watching this thread for about two weeks (wish) and it seems like the majority of the posts are about 1.61 bugs and issues, I am assuming 1.6 was an official release (not following ht game before) and has improvements over 1.57. Im also unaware if the aforementioned podcast animations update for the phone has hit or not. I remember hearing a large update came or was around the corner.
As with another comment, I am keeping an eye out for a LE in the 8000 range but little closer drive than 8 plus hours. I don't get to play this much because there is no local scene other than me and friends, and no one has any JJP. I hope to make a trip next weekend and play some DI before i commit.

#6827 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Quoted from RipleYYY:

to be honest, dont know/remember...
btw, it is showed while in attrack mode, than check & tell me later
tanx

My combo high score is seven.

#6828 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Default combo high score is five. I just tied you tonight!

#6829 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Default combo high score is five. I just tied you tonight!

Oops. So, I’m two above default combo. Woo hoo!

#6830 5 years ago

Mine is around nine.

You guys 20+ are insane. Must have been fun hitting all those shots. Love the sound effects.

#6831 5 years ago

Replaced my QED guy tonight.

20190105_203145 (resized).jpg20190105_203145 (resized).jpg20190105_203205 (resized).jpg20190105_203205 (resized).jpg
#6832 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, I am a little nerdy about themed blankets to cover my pins when not in use. I finally had one made for DI. It turned out pretty well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That's really nice! What material is this and how/where did you do this?

#6833 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

themed blankets to cover my pins

Woz is very nice.

#6834 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Ha, GB is actually a driving force behind me getting a DI. I do enjoy playing GB, but i want a game that won't be a dick and allow me to progress in modes when I'm doing good, rather than give me the middle finger. I have been busy shopping a game to make some room so just catching up.
On the bugs comment, i have been watching this thread for about two weeks (wish) and it seems like the majority of the posts are about 1.61 bugs and issues, I am assuming 1.6 was an official release (not following ht game before) and has improvements over 1.57. Im also unaware if the aforementioned podcast animations update for the phone has hit or not. I remember hearing a large update came or was around the corner.
As with another comment, I am keeping an eye out for a LE in the 8000 range but little closer drive than 8 plus hours. I don't get to play this much because there is no local scene other than me and friends, and no one has any JJP. I hope to make a trip next weekend and play some DI before i commit.

ok than

dont misunderstood, the 1.60/1.61 bugs are NOT gameplay bugs, than no worry about that aspect (rules) of the game
if you read the txt file, nothing really important from 1.57 to 1.60
even if all is not listed, for example i've noticed myself these 2 things : a small ball save is now added when ADD A BALL in multiball, and that insert "ball save" is now blinking faster & faster to let you know its near to the end... may be there're some others things !?

#6835 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Replaced my QED guy tonight

well, do you believe in destiny ?

#6836 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Replaced my QED guy tonight. [quoted image][quoted image]

LOL! WTH is that? Is that from BSD?

#6837 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That's really nice! What material is this and how/where did you do this?

I scanned the back of the DI comic book, doubled the resolution (dpi) with Photoshop Elements, cropped it to be the same ratio size as the blanket size available, then had it (Fuji) printed onto a fleece throw blanket at Sam's Club. Sam's Club is a warehouse retail club here in the USA that is owned or associated with a major retail chain named Walmart. The color is not as washed out as the photo shows under LED lights in the room and has some pretty good clarity. I was a little surprised that it came out that good.

#6838 5 years ago

I need help. I can't seem to get a response from anybody via email. My phone is dying and I need a replacement.

I sent out 3 help tickets, 2 through the website and 1 directly to [email protected]. No response.

What do I do?

#6839 5 years ago

Call 732-364-9900. During non business hours it goes to voice mail. I'll alert it to Steve or Frank. Don't call me. I can't send parts.

LTG : )

#6840 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call 732-364-9900. During non business hours it goes to voice mail. I'll alert it to Steve or Frank. Don't call me. I can't send parts.

Thanks again Lloyd. Message left.

#6841 5 years ago

I alerted it to Frank and Steve.

#6842 5 years ago

What would the issue be if the phone keeps going blank/black during gameplay? If I power down and start back it it starts working again but it's getting annoying

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

What would the issue be if the phone keeps going blank/black during gameplay? If I power down and start back it it starts working again but it's getting annoying

Very old issue. I've had 3 phones and still get this occasionally. I'll probably go though the ticket system again... *Sigh*

#6844 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

same here phone is acting up goes black during gameplay still on version 1.57 .

#6845 5 years ago

JJP are going to have a huge revenue stream once they stop sending these phone replacements out for free!

#6846 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I don't think anyone knows the answer,and if they do, they're doing a good job of keeping a lid on it.

#6847 5 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

It was getting annoying for me as well so after 2 phones I wired a switch in line with the 12 volts to the phone and ran it to just inside the coin door. This lets me reset the phone when that happens without rebooting. Easily reverted if the problem goes away (it seems to happen less frequently with the newer code)

#6848 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

JJP are going to have a huge revenue stream once they stop sending these phone replacements out for free!

Likely just a widely available OEM part available on AliExpress, like the drones. So probably not.

#6849 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Likely just a widely available OEM part available on AliExpress, like the drones. So probably not.

I’m curious. Does anyone know what’s happening to the phones? Could it be a bad cap or voltage circuit. Something that may be bullet proofed? Could it be a generic part that accepts 5-20 volts dc with internal regulater that’s getting cooked with a max voltage scenario? Also anyone have a thought on picking up some spare drones and phone parts from the Chinese mfg for future spares?

#6850 5 years ago

Thanks all for the solid recommendations. I'm 100% committed to the purchase. I've got a couple more questions and a comment if you don't mind...

First, what do you think about Mirror Blades? There is one here on Pinside that is super clean, but with a few mods (BOB sign, mirror blades, etc). I don't mind the reversible mods, but not sure about mirror blades? Amazing or will I regret that (say distracting lights on the side) and should I instead look for a stock one? I think btw the stock paint/finishing treatment on the sides is super well done vs. say Williams games of old.

Second thing, and this is kind of weird... while it is my hard earned money, and I'm all about saving a couple of g's, I feel kind of bad for Jersey Jack Pinball trying to make a go of it when you have a real prospect who goes second hand vs. taking an allocation from new inventory... I guess they signed up for it, but its far easier to rationalize $8.4k vs. $10k. If I did do the new one, the local distributor would actually haul it back to the room it will reside in... trying to put a fair value on that. Because if they dump it in my garage or driveway, there is a real scenario I won't be able to move it for several weeks...

First world problems...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/137?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.