IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 273.
#6751 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Oh wait...after rereading your post...you are suggesting basically making a washer out of an old flipper plunger. I was thinking you were saying...taking that flipper plunger, cutting it to exact size to be used as the new coil plunger.
Anyway....the chunk you are talking about would still be able to 'fall over' in a coil sleeve. The #8 washers are a very close fit to the coil sleeve. In fact..probably tighter than a flipper plunger. Like this ->
[quoted image]
However...after thinking about it...I believe this washer really is a good solution. When I put in a nut, it wasn't near as tight, so it could fall over and then when the plunger hit it, it wouldn't flip back over, also due to its hexagonal shape.
With the washer...its a tight fit so when it falls over, it stays in the center of the coil sleeve, and...I dont' think it can even fall completely on its side because the plunger will hit it. Plus...I just tested it by dropping the washer into this coil sleeve vertically...it always falls flat on its face.
Thus, anytime I move the PF vertically, yeah...the washer might turn...but as soon as I put the PF back down, the coil goes in a vertical position, the washer will then rest flat against the coil stop no problem.

Sounds like a good solution, but if you’re only talking a mm or two, I’d just bend the bracket.

#6752 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

By the way....MezelMods changed the station 1 design.
This is what it looks like on the site ->
[quoted image]
Notice the nice raised/crisp station 1 letters.
And now....notice this pic ->
[quoted image]
Notice the station 1 letters are flat against the sign and actually look a bit worse in real life than this picture.
I immediately noticed this and emailed mezel….they said they changed the design for cost reasons. Which is fine. Doesn't excuse them from not changing the picture on their site though.

Thanks for posting this about Mezel's station 1 mod. I was just about to order that … they lost my purchase by changing it and going cheap. I would have bought it otherwise. It's a bummer and yes - they should change their website photo. Missed out again.

#6753 5 years ago

Been out of town for a bit so I’m still on 1.52, how is the new code working for everyone? Is the consensus to wait for a new patch and try to find 1.57 in the meantime or just go for it?

#6754 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Been out of town for a bit so I’m still on 1.52, how is the new code working for everyone? Is the consensus to wait for a new patch and try to find 1.57 in the meantime or just go for it?

1.61 bro

#6755 5 years ago

I'm still wondering about the plexi mini playfield - is it really only for the mission Acid Rain? All the effort with the robot diverter and the mini playfield sounds wasteful for one mission only, doesn't it?

#6756 5 years ago

I updated to 1.61 and am still getting video lag along with random weak coils. Coil weakness is Mainly on my flippers and the phone scoop kickout.

I just reverted back to 1.57 and issues have gone away.

#6757 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I'm still wondering about the plexi mini playfield - is it really only for the mission Acid Rain? All the effort with the robot diverter and the mini playfield sounds wasteful for one mission only, doesn't it?

It also just changes up the game. When lock is lit, you can't hit the left ramp expecting the ball to return to the left flipper. You have to take care of the lock first. So, it requires some thought about your shots and when to do what. I personally like it.

#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

I updated to 1.61 and am still getting video lag along with random weak coils. Coil weakness is Mainly on my flippers and the phone scoop kickout.
I just reverted back to 1.57 and issues have gone away.

Remove the Bluetooth dongle and video lag should go away.

#6759 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It also just changes up the game. When lock is lit, you can't hit the left ramp expecting the ball to return to the left flipper. You have to take care of the lock first. So, it requires some thought about your shots and when to do what. I personally like it.

That's reasonable. Nevertheless the mini playfield does not have any special function to get more points or similar (like in TZ)?

#6760 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That's reasonable. Nevertheless the mini playfield does not have any special function to get more points or similar (like in TZ)?

I think pops may be worth more if you get it in through the hole. I could be wrong.

#6761 5 years ago

With my outlane kickback, it seems to be fairly variable with how hard it gets hit back/trajectory. I can totally understand it being variable due to how fast the ball is going in the outlane, or where the kickback exactly hits the ball, etc.

Just making sure its not something I need to adjust though. Are most people's outlane kickback variable or does it go about the same trajectory every time?

#6762 5 years ago

I think that there should be some sort of reward for getting it into the "skill shot" slot by the theatre after the plunge. There seems to be no points. It's tough to get it in there after the plunge … points or qualifying something would be nice. This is just something minor that I noticed. Love the game. Hope they fix the Bluetooth issue.

#6763 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think pops may be worth more if you get it in through the hole. I could be wrong.

Correct

#6764 5 years ago

I just got Armageddon for the first time. I was doing well, down to 2 balls and the power shut down to the flippers. Armageddon ended, no ball in play, both drained. Ball didn't end, no ball in shooter lane, no power to flippers. I tried tilting the game out because it was a decent score, nothing. I shut the game down and it seems to be working fine. 1.60 code. Is this a bug? Maybe a trough issue?

#6765 5 years ago

Just wanted to put this out to you guys to check the QED motor assembly under the playfield next time you are doing routine maintenance.

My QED guy starting acting weird, he would go to the right but would stop halfway on the way back and just sit there. I checked the system menu and got an error message to check QED. During testing I saw that the metal tab in the motor assembly that triggers the left opto was pushing on the opto, not going between the sensors like it is supposed to. I looked around and noticed a bolt laying in the bottom of the cabinet. I figured out that the bolt came out of the side of the assembly that holds the metal bar in place that the QED slides back and forth on. I guess somehow the bolt worked it’s way out or wasn’t screwed in all the way at the factory.

Might just be a fluke on my machine, but still worth checking and tightening.

D56C9202-D8CD-4A78-87F3-E713BAB24645 (resized).jpegD56C9202-D8CD-4A78-87F3-E713BAB24645 (resized).jpeg235F6AFB-322D-4BA7-9F56-4E00EDC5EA7F (resized).jpeg235F6AFB-322D-4BA7-9F56-4E00EDC5EA7F (resized).jpeg
#6766 5 years ago

After the update, the bumper coils are triggered even though the ball is only in the phone or runs along the right orbit. The Led the Betty illuminates hinder the phone mounted flickers the light, before it was definitely not.
Now think again to go back to 1.57

#6767 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

... and try to find 1.57...

not more on JJP site, but still online, simple quick search

http://128.199.38.78/di/di_update_157.zip

#6768 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I LOVE the game, but yeah, there does seem to be a mish mosh of stuff they put in that doesn't mesh with the overall theme.

#6769 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Kind of generous to call it a mini play field, no? It’s really just a randomiser outlet for the diverter

#6770 5 years ago

The diverter is also used in one of the crazy bob modes. You have to make the ramp shot and get the ball passed the ball diverter to score properly.

#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just got Armageddon for the first time. I was doing well, down to 2 balls and the power shut down to the flippers. Armageddon ended, no ball in play, both drained. Ball didn't end, no ball in shooter lane, no power to flippers. I tried tilting the game out because it was a decent score, nothing. I shut the game down and it seems to be working fine. 1.60 code. Is this a bug? Maybe a trough issue?

Last time I made it there, my machine froze after it ended. Had to reboot as well. I was hoping it was a one time glitch. I'll take the glass off and get there manually to check if it does it again. It was a huge disappointment to say the least.

#6772 5 years ago

Is anyone having theater magnet issues after installing 1.61? My magnet can catch the ball, but only tosses it about 10% of the time. I've adjusted the setting from -95 to -120 with very little success in between.

With the BT dongle causing video slowdowns and the theater magnet not working correctly, I'm going to flash back to 1.57 for now.

Just not having any luck on the new code

#6773 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is anyone having theater magnet issues after installing 1.61? My magnet can catch the ball, but only tosses it about 10% of the time. I've adjusted the setting from -95 to -120 with very little success in between.

With mine I ended up using -150 after the update. Works great

#6774 5 years ago

I’ve held off updating since 1.57 seemed so good anyways. This may be unrelated, but my theater magnet stopped throwing the ball about the same time I upgraded but ended up being the mylar. Removing the magnet from underneath and cutting out the deformed mylar made the magnet throw perfect again.

9A5E6CFB-AF3E-4B8B-B864-64EBE148BE84 (resized).jpeg9A5E6CFB-AF3E-4B8B-B864-64EBE148BE84 (resized).jpeg
#6775 5 years ago

I removed the mylar from day 1, since the magnet was too high and needed to be leveled properly.

#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

With mine I ended up using -150 after the update. Works great

Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’ve held off updating since 1.57 seemed so good anyways. This may be unrelated, but my theater magnet stopped throwing the ball about the same time I upgraded but ended up being the mylar. Removing the magnet from underneath and cutting out the deformed mylar made the magnet throw perfect again.[quoted image]

I'll have to try both of these things. At -120, I felt the ball was barely being tossed. At -116, it would throw only some of the time. I still have mylar on mine too. I'll have to take it off since it looks similar. Been working on it for the last couple between reuploading 1.57 and tuning the magnet. Still not like what it was a few weeks ago. Kind of frustrating, but I still love everything about this game!

#6777 5 years ago

Join us tonight at 7PM EST for a @JJPinball 'Dialed In' Pinball stream on the new 1.61 code - http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous

DI-Man-newcode (resized).jpgDI-Man-newcode (resized).jpg
#6778 5 years ago

Dialed In high scores.

LTG : )

#6779 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In high scores.

Is that an on-site machine with normal high scores?

#6780 5 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Is that an on-site machine with normal high scores?

On site. Not all time high scores. Been wiped a couple times with full install updates.

#6781 5 years ago

Is it safe to install the latest code at the moment or is the video lag still a possible issue?

#6782 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Is it safe to install the latest code at the moment or is the video lag still a possible issue?

it is...
but not really a prob, try it, and if needeed, go back to the old one

#6783 5 years ago

first time i got a ball blocked behind the phone, even if its quite impossible to rebound there (but "quite" is not 100%)...

20190103_131818 (resized).jpg20190103_131818 (resized).jpg

and as i've redone the CRAZY BOB sign myself, i need a simple protector there, before i got an airball attack

20190103_140023 (resized).jpg20190103_140023 (resized).jpg

btw, i love this game !!!

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I just reverted back to 1.57. Loaded 1.61 and had every issue described above. Went back to 1.57 and all is good.

It would be nice if a further update/fix was confirmed. Last post I saw by JJP rep appeared to indicate 1.61 was it.

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I just reverted back to 1.57. Loaded 1.61 and had every issue described above. Went back to 1.57 and all is good.
It would be nice if a further update/fix was confirmed. Last post I saw by JJP rep appeared to indicate 1.61 was it.

Same happens with me. Do not load 1.60 or 1.61, stay with 1.57 for now. Hopefully JJP is aware of this.

#6786 5 years ago

I was also disappointed to see the drones basically shut off in 1.61, rather than addressing the issue with a better made part. All three of mine quit working and all three were the result of cold solder joints. Reflowing has fixed every one of them.

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Dialed In high scores.

can you tell me/us more about your game (on how, tactically, reach 12M !? after showdown, did the multiplicators modes remains ?)
as mine high is "only" 7.3M, having reached/played armaggedon on ball 2, played the modes the best i can (as collecting 6 SIM cards, the others 2 were ready & waiting), and last 2 balls (EB +3rd ball) only aiming for that f***** SIM scoop but with no success (there's a cliffy on it)

my pin is on factory settings (than no EB on points), with the SIM cards memory of course, and set 2 TILT warnings per ball as its more than sensitive (let's say as in tournaments)

tanx

PS : my combo champ is 26...

#6788 5 years ago

29 now !!! this pin is the "combo-fiesta"
tanx Pat, its playing like butter

20190103_223626 (resized).jpg20190103_223626 (resized).jpg

#6789 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

can you tell me/us more about your game

It's in my business. SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

(on how, tactically, reach 12M !? after showdown, did the multiplicators modes remains ?)

I'm the wrong guy to ask that. I have no idea in hell.

#6790 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I was also disappointed to see the drones basically shut off in 1.61, rather than addressing the issue with a better made part. All three of mine quit working and all three were the result of cold solder joints. Reflowing has fixed every one of them.

My drones pretty much quit work after the update, too, and it was kind of shrugged off. Went back to v1.57, which is great.

#6791 5 years ago

Is EMP mode like 10x more dangerous in the version 1.57 of the code than it was in 1.52, or is it just me? I used to complete it relatively often. Now, the ball is flung all over the place, and I drain more often than not.

#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Is EMP mode like 10x more dangerous in the version 1.57 of the code than it was in 1.52, or is it just me? I used to complete it relatively often. Now, the ball is flung all over the place, and I drain more often than not.

In my opinion, the EMP mode is equally dangerous in 1.52 and 1.57 code. The magnets make my ball aggressively fly around everywhere.

My problem is, I'm too competitive to allow that mode to time out with the ball sitting on my flipper. I always try to complete the mode and get pissed when my ball drains 7 out of 10 times.

#6793 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

can you tell me/us more about your game (on how, tactically, reach 12M !? after showdown, did the multiplicators modes remains ?)
as mine high is "only" 7.3M, having reached/played armaggedon on ball 2, played the modes the best i can (as collecting 6 SIM cards, the others 2 were ready & waiting), and last 2 balls (EB +3rd ball) only aiming for that f***** SIM scoop but with no success (there's a cliffy on it)
my pin is on factory settings (than no EB on points), with the SIM cards memory of course, and set 2 TILT warnings per ball as its more than sensitive (let's say as in tournaments)
tanx
PS : my combo champ is 26...

You need to *actually* go back to factory settings. 2 Tilt warnings per game, no SIM card memory, and replay on points.

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Was this an issue inside the drones? Or under the play field? I want to investigate my own issues here as well.

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

In my opinion, the EMP mode is equally dangerous in 1.52 and 1.57 code. The magnets make my ball aggressively fly around everywhere.
My problem is, I'm too competitive to allow that mode to time out with the ball sitting on my flipper. I always try to complete the mode and get pissed when my ball drains 7 out of 10 times.

It was certainly dangerous before, but I swear the magnet activity has substantially increased with 1.57.

#6796 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It was certainly dangerous before, but I swear the magnet activity has substantially increased with 1.57.

That's my impression as well. Used to be easy to complete EMP but harder now.

#6797 5 years ago
Quoted from redrubicon550:

Was this an issue inside the drones? Or under the play field? I want to investigate my own issues here as well.

It’s inside the drones themselves. There is a pcb in the drone body. It looks like they are toys basically modified to turn on/off by wire, rather than a switch as originally intended. The wires are very crudely soldered to the pcb. My guess is that the drones fail because of a combination of poor/cold solder joints and vibration.

You can check by going into test mode and gently pushing on the top of the drone body. If a bit of pressure makes the drone intermitantly work, it is probably a bad solder joint. Mine failed, one by one. I fixed them over 6 months ago and have had no trouble since.

#6798 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

... and replay on points.

that's the case, no extra pts or no extra balls here... else its too easy lol

Quoted from FatPanda:

2 Tilt warnings per game, no SIM card memory

personal feeling, and my TILT is so sensitive if you'll fart while playing, you'll get a warning
i know the big wizard mode is something you dont have to reach often in pinball, but SIM cards without memory seems harder than to complete portal in TRON !? btw, i'm not a pinball wizard, only a good player

Quoted from LTG:

I'm the wrong guy to ask that. I have no idea in hell.LTG : )

ha zut (lol)... and anyway, well played than !

#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

not more on JJP site, but still online, simple quick search
http://128.199.38.78/di/di_update_157.zip

I went back to 1.61 again to see if reinstalling it helps. It still doesn't, still having coil and video lag issues.

Trying to go back but I cant find the full 1.50 install. Can you give a link to that?

thanks!

#6800 5 years ago

doesnt have it, but simple similar search and...

http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/136?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.