IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 273.
#6601 5 years ago
Quoted from daddyxxx:

Does anyone know where you can test the drones in the menu?..thanks

Coil tests. Scroll down.
Highlight the drone you want to test and press start button

#6602 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Coil tests. Scroll down.
Highlight the drone you want to test and press start button

Thanks brotha....

#6603 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, that is normal and intended.

and now i can watch the full sequence, yes of course, easy to see it was done on purpose

anyway, a small prob i get more than few times already :

when playing multiball and putting quickly 2 following balls in theatre, these 2 balls remain there, 1 on the magnet, the other magnetized just behind...
i bought the game HUO, not sure if these balls are from factory
for what i found already here, need to buy some low magnetic balls !?

#6604 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and now i can watch the full sequence, yes of course, easy to see it was done on purpose
when playing multiball and putting quickly 2 following balls in theatre, these 2 balls remain there, 1 on the magnet, the other magnetized just behind...

Could be magnetized. I've been told Ninja balls are easily magnetized on this game.

#6605 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Could be magnetized. I've been told Ninja balls are easily magnetized on this game.

Yes, I have had a set of new Ninja balls get magnetized after a couple dozen games. I've switched to ball baron's carbon steel and they work much better.

#6606 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

This happened to me on GAME ONE.

And then only a couple times since then after about 1000 plays.

I wouldn't worry about it. Nudging always got them loose for me.

#6607 5 years ago

Has anyone encountered this? Game plays fine, however sometimes the ball trough sometimes struggles to eject the ball into the shooter lane. Any help fixing this would be appreciated. Thanks!

snaroff

IMG_1006 (resized).jpegIMG_1006 (resized).jpeg
#6608 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

ball trough sometimes struggles to eject the ball into the shooter lane.

In Settings - Coils - have you played with the ball trough VUK ?

If when the ball comes up it hits the metal flap/diverter at the top of the ball trough and drops back down instead of moseying over to the shooter lane, then try this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

LTG : )

#6609 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If when the ball comes up it hits the metal flap/diverter at the top of the ball trough and drops back down instead of moseying over to the shooter lane, then try this - http://www.pinplay.com/5/adjusting_the_ball_trough_on_woz.html

Never fiddled with the trough VUK...will study the link you forwarded and tweak tomorrow!

One question: Is the "trough jam" diagnostic based on heuristics based on the ball falling back?

Thanks for the help!

snaroff

#6610 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Never fiddled with the trough VUK.

Try stronger or weaker coil settings first.

Quoted from snaroff:

Is the "trough jam" diagnostic based on heuristics based on the ball falling back?

Yes, for what ever reason a ball doesn't clear the ball trough/ball jam opto, it kicks again.

#6611 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

One question: Is the "trough jam" diagnostic based on heuristics based on the ball falling back?

I'm not sure if you're asking about the color of the Trough Jam switch box. The boxes show the state of the switches in real time. Trough Jam is mustard yellow, indicating that it's an opto that is not blocked. The colors match the colors in the Switch Test.

--Ted

#6612 5 years ago
Quoted from check_switch_26:

I'm not sure if you're asking about the color of the Trough Jam switch box. The boxes show the state of the switches in real time. Trough Jam is mustard yellow, indicating that it's an opto that is not blocked. The colors match the colors in the Switch Test.
--Ted

Hi Ted, so it sounds like my screen shot is "normal"? (i.e. doesn't reflect any real time trough error). It's different from the manual (v1.0, June 2017, B -16), where it displays the "Trough jam" box as empty (i.e. no color). Probably just an inconsistency between the latest software and the manual (whose screen shot says v1.12

If the switches are behaving correctly (and I believe they are, since the game is playing fine), then my wonky ball serves just need to be fine-tuned based on the link LTG provided above...

Thanks for your help!

snaroff

#6613 5 years ago

I'd appreciate some assistance with my DI. I've been having enormous problems with the BOB Trapdoor. I'm getting "trapdoor malfunctions" almost every time I start the machine. When I lift the playfield and examine the mechanism with the playfield flipped 90 degrees in the upright position, I can make the trapdoor open and close at will no matter how many times I try it. When I put the playfield down and test the trapdoor, again I can make it work up and down virtually no matter how many times I try it. The moment we start a new game and when it comes time for the trapdoor to open, it fails to open and pulling up the test reveal "Trapdoor Malfunction" again.

I have silicon lubed the hell out of the trapdoor mechanism - nothing appears to be sticking. I've tightened the screw holding the release solenoid and ensured it is square with respect to the release flange. I then test the mechanism again and go through the same nonsense trying unsuccessfully to get it to fail, until I put the playfield down and start the process again. One other thing - the smaller solenoid handling the trapdoor release gets hot when the mechanism "locks" - so hot that it heats the surrounding metal significantly. I just can't work out why it stops working.

Appreciate any assistance on this.

#6614 5 years ago

During gameplay, Is your trap door;
getting stuck in the up position?
Going up and down but not locking in the up position?
Staying down and not moving at all?

Do you hear any solenoid pulsing if it is not moving at all?

#6615 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

I'd appreciate some assistance with my DI. I've been having enormous problems with the BOB Trapdoor. I'm getting "trapdoor malfunctions" almost every time I start the machine. When I lift the playfield and examine the mechanism with the playfield flipped 90 degrees in the upright position, I can make the trapdoor open and close at will no matter how many times I try it. When I put the playfield down and test the trapdoor, again I can make it work up and down virtually no matter how many times I try it. The moment we start a new game and when it comes time for the trapdoor to open, it fails to open and pulling up the test reveal "Trapdoor Malfunction" again.
I have silicon lubed the hell out of the trapdoor mechanism - nothing appears to be sticking. I've tightened the screw holding the release solenoid and ensured it is square with respect to the release flange. I then test the mechanism again and go through the same nonsense trying unsuccessfully to get it to fail, until I put the playfield down and start the process again. One other thing - the smaller solenoid handling the trapdoor release gets hot when the mechanism "locks" - so hot that it heats the surrounding metal significantly. I just can't work out why it stops working.

When you say you are testing it with the playfield down, do you mean you are testing it through the service menu? And it works then, in test mode?

#6616 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

This exact same thing happened to me. I mean, 100% exact same thing. I fixed it, it's super simple.

If you lift up the playfield and manually plunge the coil to open the trapdoor, you'll notice that it gets "locked" by a tiny arm/hook. That tiny hook, which is activated by the small plunger, is probably off-center and loose. I'd be willing to bet that only the corner of the hook of it is actually grabbing what it's supposed to grab, hence why it works sometimes and not other times. If you try to twist it by hand, you'll notice how loose it's sitting on the plunger.

Take the hook, twist it so it's centered, and tighten the phillips screw that's holding it. Problem solved. I haven't had an issue in over 100 games since I fixed mine.

I'm at work so I can't take pictures. I'll try to find one and point it out to further help you.

EDIT: Found one. See in the picture how crooked the square metal piece below the coil is? (It's the one by the bottom green arrow) That needs to be adjusted. Loosen the top screw if you need to, then straighten the square bracket out, and tighten it back down.
Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#6617 5 years ago

I went to jersey jacks site and was unable to load the model comparison doc. Does anyone know where this is that I can look at? I also checked Lloyd’s link and it was to the same doc. Just loads up blank.
Also. Is there a full blown computer in dialed in? Or is it a micro computer? Thanks.

#6618 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

This exact same thing happened to me. I mean, 100% exact same thing. I fixed it, it's super simple.
If you lift up the playfield and manually plunge the coil to open the trapdoor, you'll notice that it gets "locked" by a tiny arm/hook. That tiny hook, which is activated by the small plunger, is probably off-center and loose. I'd be willing to bet that only the corner of the hook of it is actually grabbing what it's supposed to grab, hence why it works sometimes and not other times. If you try to twist it by hand, you'll notice how loose it's sitting on the plunger.
Take the hook, twist it so it's centered, and tighten the phillips screw that's holding it. Problem solved. I haven't had an issue in over 100 games since I fixed mine.
I'm at work so I can't take pictures. I'll try to find one and point it out to further help you.
EDIT: Found one. See in the picture how crooked the square metal piece below the coil is? (It's the one by the bottom green arrow) That needs to be adjusted. Loosen the top screw if you need to, then straighten the square bracket out, and tighten it back down.
[quoted image]

Same here - fixed and now all good for some time.

#6619 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I am going to have to try this. I have the same issue. No real pattern to it. Sometimes ball ejects fine and then sometimes a few tries are needed. Could settings really don’t seem to improve much but too hard definitely makes it worse. Thanks!

#6620 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hi Ted, so it sounds like my screen shot is "normal"? (i.e. doesn't reflect any real time trough error). It's different from the manual (v1.0, June 2017, B -16), where it displays the "Trough jam" box as empty (i.e. no color). Probably just an inconsistency between the latest software and the manual (whose screen shot says v1.12
If the switches are behaving correctly (and I believe they are, since the game is playing fine), then my wonky ball serves just need to be fine-tuned based on the link LTG provided above...
Thanks for your help!
snaroff

Yes, the software changes faster than the documentation does. Also, we're not always so good about letting Butch know when we change stuff, so he's usually playing "catch up".

Note that you can remove balls from the trough in Trough Test, by pressing ENTER. (Be sure that the coin door interlock switch is pulled OUT, so that the trough coil has power.) Unfortunately, the kick strength in Trough Test is not controlled by the Trough VUK Strength setting, so Trough Test is mainly useful for testing the switches. When I get time, I'll enhance the test to use the strength setting, and also allow changing it from that screen.
--Ted

#6621 5 years ago

So, what’s the consensus: Stick with 1.57 or go to 1.60?

#6622 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

So, what’s the consensus: Stick with 1.57 or go to 1.60?

I am waiting as 1.57 works great.

#6623 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I went to jersey jacks site and was unable to load the model comparison doc. Does anyone know where this is that I can look at? I also checked Lloyd’s link and it was to the same doc. Just loads up blank.
Also. Is there a full blown computer in dialed in? Or is it a micro computer? Thanks.

I found one for you

https://www.kingpingames.net/dialed-in

scroll down just a bit and you will see it on the right.

as far as i remember i think they are atx motherboards.

#6624 5 years ago

1.61 Beta is out. Seems to run perfect for me.

Ted is the man!

Nick "junky"

#6625 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I found one for you
https://www.kingpingames.net/dialed-in
scroll down just a bit and you will see it on the right.
as far as i remember i think they are atx motherboards.

Thanks, that answers my questions. i see all versions come with the shaker motor, that's nice.

#6626 5 years ago

1.61 Beta is out. Seems to run perfect for me.
Ted is the man!
Nick "junky"

Where the forums? Those still never worked for me....

#6627 5 years ago

I apologize for how long this took to diagnose, but it's been a quite an exploration.

If you have V1.60 installed on your Dialed In!, please try this delta update for V1.61.  This should fix the screen performance issues.

Thanks!

--Ted

Link:  https://we.tl/t-nqWcAB0bQC

==============================================================================
==                               Version 1.61         December 21, 2018     ==
- NOTE: This is a "delta" upgrade, which must be installed over V1.60
=== Core Code
* Performance improvements

#6628 5 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I'd be willing to bet that only the corner of the hook of it is actually grabbing what it's supposed to grab, hence why it works sometimes and not other times

So I looked at that first and the other day I spent a lot of time centering the solenoid to little effect. See the second picture below. I already made sure this was working 100% which is what confused me, that no matter how many times I tested the mechanism, it worked from test mode but not in game mode

My son looks like he has come to the rescue. It looks like the problem wasn't the mechanism but rather the switch on the main solenoid. I bent the long arm of the switch down. It appears the switch wasn't detecting when BOB was open, hence why it was recording the device as broken (in the first image)

Thank you to all those that responded and led me towards the correction of the problem

IMG_0391 (resized).jpgIMG_0391 (resized).jpgimage1 (resized).jpegimage1 (resized).jpeg
#6629 5 years ago

I apologize for how long this took to diagnose, but it's been a quite an exploration.
If you have V1.60 installed on your Dialed In!, please try this delta update for V1.61.  This should fix the screen performance issues.
Thanks!
--Ted

=== Core Code

Thanks!
--Ted

=== Core Code

Thx Ted. If I’m running 1.57, I first have to go to 1.60 via full install and then delta update to 1.61?

#6630 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thx Ted. If I’m running 1.57, I first have to go to 1.60 via full install and then delta update to 1.61?

== Version 1.61 December 21, 2018 ==
=== Core Code

#6631 5 years ago
Quoted from DonnieDarko:

So I looked at that first and the other day I spent a lot of time centering the solenoid to little effect. See the second picture below. I already made sure this was working 100% which is what confused me, that no matter how many times I tested the mechanism, it worked from test mode but not in game mode
My son looks like he has come to the rescue. It looks like the problem wasn't the mechanism but rather the switch on the main solenoid. I bent the long arm of the switch down. It appears the switch wasn't detecting when BOB was open, hence why it was recording the device as broken (in the first image)
Thank you to all those that responded and led me towards the correction of the problem[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like your blue plunger link is shattered. looks like a standard blue slingshot link.that could be why the switch isn't registering correctly, not returning all the way.

#6632 5 years ago

Thanks!
--Ted

=== Core Code

No apologies necessary. Just glad to have updates and happy you're dedicated enough to make it the best it can be! I'll have to test it out tonight! Thanks Ted!

#6633 5 years ago

Thanks!
--Ted

=== Core Code

Just played a couple games and it's still has display problems across all 3 displays

going back to V1.57 again

#6634 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

It looks like your blue plunger link is shattered. looks like a standard blue slingshot link.that could be why the switch isn't registering correctly, not returning all the way

I'll have a closer look at this. I didn't notice until I took a closer look at the picture I posted. Does anyone have a good picture of what it should look like?

#6635 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just played a couple games and it's still has display problems across all 3 displays
going back to V1.57 again

What are the display problems you are seeing? Maybe I need to look closer but I'm not seeing any new issues. As far as the video being played on the phone I've thought it was slow from 1.56 on.

Thanks

#6636 5 years ago

Thanks!
--Ted

=== Core Code

Just in time for holidays. I’m sure people are grateful!!

#6637 5 years ago

What are the display problems you are seeing? Maybe I need to look closer but I'm not seeing any new issues. As far as the video being played on the phone I've thought it was slow from 1.56 on.
Thanks

After a time, the video lags behind the audio and there are pauses moving from one scene or event to the next, like the game cant process or compute fast enough to keep up with what's going on. I dont have any issues with v1.57 at all. It runs smoothly and perfectly. The video looks like it has a lower framerate and stutters.

Ted has asked me to take a video and send him a picture of the hardware info on my game. I'll have to reupload v1.61 but I'll be gone for the next few days.

I'm in no rush though. I'm still just thrilled this game even exists. Just put up a 2.5 mill score this morning and it's just such a fantastic game!

#6638 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

After a time, the video lags behind the audio and there are pauses moving from one scene or event to the next, like the game cant process or compute fast enough to keep up with what's going on. I dont have any issues with v1.57 at all. It runs smoothly and perfectly. The video looks like it has a lower framerate and stutters.
Ted has asked me to take a video and send him a picture of the hardware info on my game. I'll have to reupload v1.61 but I'll be gone for the next few days.
I'm in no rush though. I'm still just thrilled this game even exists. Just put up a 2.5 mill score this morning and it's just such a fantastic game!

Just curious what is your machines build date? Maybe there was a component change during production or another manufacturer brought on for making parts?

#6639 5 years ago

I'm a hawk with these things and I don't see any issues on 1.6..... Might be specific machines only?

#6640 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm a hawk with these things and I don't see any issues on 1.6..... Might be specific machines only?

I'm at a loss to explain it, which is why I asked for additional info. Joe and I tested on three machines before releasing the update, and several others (such as yourself) have reported that the latest code is working well.

(Edited to add: The 3 games Joe and I have access to are a mix of prototypes and production games, so they should be representative of what's in the field. Also, there were no changes in motherboard or aux display card during the production run.)

--Ted

#6641 5 years ago

I'm at a loss to explain it, which is why I asked for additional info. Joe and I tested on three machines before releasing the update, and several others (such as yourself) have reported that the latest code is working well.
(Edited to add: The 3 games Joe and I have access to are a mix of prototypes and production games, so they should be representative of what's in the field. Also, there were no changes in motherboard or aux display card during the production run.)
--Ted

I wonder if it's the monitor itself. Do you guys use different versions of monitors for DI or are they all the same brand and model. Could be a setting on the monitor itself? Odd. If you need anything from me pm me glad to help.

Btw should owners that have no issues with 1.6 upgrade?

#6642 5 years ago

--Ted

Ted,

If I can get to it today, I'll download 1.61 to provide more feedback on the animations.

My build date is 12/6/17 and I believe my original code is 1.52.

#6643 5 years ago

I am having issues with my game as well after upgrading to 1.6. Chopping animations and I’ve also noticed coil strength fluctuations through gameplay as well.

LE#996
MFG Date: 12/1/17

#6644 5 years ago

I played a few games on 1.61 last night, didn't notice any issues. In fact, didn't notice much between 1.57 and 1.61. I'll put more time on it later today.

#6645 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I played a few games on 1.61 last night, didn't notice any issues. In fact, didn't notice much between 1.57 and 1.61. I'll put more time on it later today.

1.61 is out? Can someone post a link so I can see if this helps?

#6646 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

1.61 is out? Can someone post a link so I can see if this helps?

It's a "beta" release for now. Must have 1.60 installed before applying 1.61.

Link: https://we.tl/t-nqWcAB0bQC

== Version 1.61 December 22, 2018 ==

=== Core Code

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I just did this on my DILE and it has completely eliminated the failed ejects from the tough VUK. I noticed that the flap was more toward the player than on my Hobbit. The flap on the Hobbit was almost directly aligned with opening in apron. So with a pair of plyers I bent out the flap to match the apron on DI. I now have 0 rejects. Not even one in more than 100 trough ejects. The whole effort only took 10 mins tops.

Thanks so much. While it wasn’t a big deal, it was irritating.

#6648 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I just did this on my DILE and it has completely eliminated the failed ejects from the tough VUK. I noticed that the flap was more toward the player than on my Hobbit. The flap on the Hobbit was almost directly aligned with opening in apron. So with a pair of plyers I bent out the flap to match the apron on DI. I now have 0 rejects. Not even one in more than 100 trough ejects. The whole effort only took 10 mins tops.
Thanks so much. While it wasn’t a big deal, it was irritating.

Me too...I also put a small piece of electrical tape on the flap to give it a nice soft landing. I prefer this solution to fiddling with the coil strength...glad it worked. Can't claim mine is 100%, but it's improved dramatically. Very rare is good enough for me...can always tweak now that I'm aware of the fix.

snaroff

#6649 5 years ago

Ted,

about the lag bug with 1.60/1.61, same here, not a prob to play with, but for sure it was flawless in 1.57, not more now

its as FatPanda said above :

"After a time, the video lags behind the audio and there are pauses moving from one scene or event to the next, like the game cant process or compute fast enough to keep up with what's going on. I dont have any issues with v1.57 at all. It runs smoothly and perfectly. The video looks like it has a lower framerate and stutters"

my pin build date is 19 october 2017

btw, just wanna say : DI is my 1st JJP pin, and as a (good) player, code is important for me
than i'm happy you are here (as Josh for AP), talking/sharing with us, it's something very positive
tanx for that !

#6650 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

After a time, the video lags behind the audio and there are pauses moving from one scene or event to the next, like the game cant process or compute fast enough to keep up with what's going on.

How long is "a time"? How many games played? Or does it happen while sitting there not being played?

I have yet to see any pauses or stutters. I did see (and measure) some slowdown in rendering, but I had to compare side-by-side to convince myself that there was a difference by eye.

--Ted

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/133?hl=marvello and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.