IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 273.
#6551 5 years ago

In the google groups email, Ted said they are looking into the display rate refresh on V1.60 and are going to also check the logic on the drones.

#6552 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just.tried my 5th set of headphones. I got zero sound put of them. Plug in ear buds and it's perfect. Am I missing something? I can't figure out why I get none or shitty muffled sound when I use headphones.
Edit: just returned the latest $180 pair and bought the cheapest ones they had. $29. Works fine. Not the best sounding but they work. Would still like to get a nicer set to work. Arrrgggg

Sounds like your $180 pair are broken!

There’s nothing real magical about the way headphones work - my guess is the jack didn’t line up with the plug for some reason. Weird though, there’s a lot of tolerance in that design

#6553 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like your $180 pair are broken!
There’s nothing real magical about the way headphones work - my guess is the jack didn’t line up with the plug for some reason. Weird though, there’s a lot of tolerance in that design

I also tried four other nicer sets. They all had muffled crackly sound

#6554 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Just.tried my 5th set of headphones. I got zero sound put of them. Plug in ear buds and it's perfect. Am I missing something? I can't figure out why I get none or shitty muffled sound when I use headphones.
Edit: just returned the latest $180 pair and bought the cheapest ones they had. $29. Works fine. Not the best sounding but they work. Would still like to get a nicer set to work. Arrrgggg

Impedance.

#6555 5 years ago

R you getting crackly sound through the game speakers too? I had install a line filter. Something the factory started doing.

#6556 5 years ago

+1 on laggy animations after installing 1.60. On the other hand, there are some very nice choreography improvements - another great update. I'm sure framerate issues will be improved.

#6557 5 years ago

Expand on that maybe a wee bit?

#6558 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

R you getting crackly sound through the game speakers too? I had install a line filter. Something the factory started doing.

Speakers sound fine. So far, only my ear buds and cheap $30 headphones have worked.

#6559 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Expand on that maybe a wee bit?

Headphones or speakers with higher impedance will need you to either up the gain on the amp, or if you can't then get a new amp which can handle them.

#6560 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Headphones or speakers with higher impedance will need you to either up the gain on the amp, or if you can't then get a new amp which can handle them.

He should still have been able to hear -something- with high impedance phones. I’m guessing it’s low decibel levels combined with the need for the line filter.

#6561 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He should still have been able to hear -something- with high impedance phones. I’m guessing it’s low decibel levels combined with the need for the line filter.

I tried Sony CH700N, Skullcandy Venue. Both of those were very muffled and crackly. Could hear lower tones a bit better. The games speech and higher notes were nearly inaudible.

Tried a set of Sennheiser and got nothing.

Cheap set of Sony's work fine, but they don't have the sound quality.

So, looks lije the machine more compatible with higher impedance headphones?

Looking at the ones I've tried;
Sennheiser 4.50BTNC - 18ohms. Inaudible
Sony CH700N- 22ohms. Very Muffled
Skullcandy Venue- 32 ohms. Very Muffled.
Sony cheapos - 220ohms. Work fine, just not great quality.

#6562 5 years ago

when playing quantum theatre multiball, the animation at the theatre is loosy like in... the twilight zone
not sure this is intended !? i have a doubt, as all is perfect before, and all is perfect after
(code 1.57)

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

when playing quantum theatre multiball, the animation at the theatre is loosy like in... the twilight zone
not sure this is intended !? i have a doubt, as all is perfect before, and all is perfect after
(code 1.57)

Yes, that is normal and intended.

#6564 5 years ago

Should I wait on 1.60 to be refined?

#6565 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

why? you'll just have to go to 1.60 then. and then do another install to 1.6x.

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, that is normal and intended.

tanx again

still in the honey moon and discovering while playing lots of things i even didnt think of it...
i know before DI was a very good pinball, but for sure its much more than that !

#6567 5 years ago

I would like to go back to v1.57.

Does anyone know of a download link for v1.50 Full?

#6568 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I would wait, yes.

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I happen to have vinyl/blue around and it seemed to do the trick. Color doesn't matter, but whatever tape you use should be on the thicker side and slick/smooth (i.e. no texture).
There is no tape on the metal flap...just in front of the flap. The idea is to make a smoother transition so the ball doesn't "skip" on the thick flap. JJP seems to like thick flaps, but they cause problems like this. The "best" solution is to remove the thick flap and install a thin flap. Unfortunately, that would involve more surgery to the ramp and access to a riveting tool (which I don't stock).
Good luck, and let me know how it goes!
snaroff

yes, Yes, YES! Installed some electrical tape in layers, making a "tape ramp", and...so far very successful. I can throw the ball manually up the orbit with as much speed as I want and its not hitting the left orbit exit ramp/getting returned.

20181218_152928 (resized).jpg20181218_152928 (resized).jpg

I went ahead and took off the Velcro strip on the side wall. It was slowing down other shots up the orbit, and it was also shedding Velcro loops. After removal, I retested the orbit manually and I could still throw it with tons of speed no issue, so I think the real fix is the tape ramp. Thanks again! My right ramp is fixed. Now I just wish the left orbit didn't need as much speed as it does to fully complete the orbit and act like a true orbit. I could increase right flipper power but its already plenty for the left ramp and every other shot...

Next, ...I notice my cliffys are a bit curving upward ->

20181126_093951 (resized).jpg20181126_093951 (resized).jpg

20181126_093926 (resized).jpg20181126_093926 (resized).jpg

Anything to be concerned about? I would rather not put tape here since its much more visible. Though...the only way I could think to fix it, I would have to remove the cliffy, rebend, and reinstall. Which I can do...though it would take a while...

Also...for the SIM card shot...I believe I read months ago of someone adding washers underneath the sim card scoop because they thought it was too low. Is this still a thing? Is everyone adding washers?

Lastly...I find this lamp is odd.

2018-12-18_1949 (resized).png2018-12-18_1949 (resized).png

Its the only lamp on the PF that is completely exposed. I know its frosted but its still a bit of an eyesore. Is it to light up faces for the camera? I might put a piece of electrical tape on the plastic above it so it blocks it from eye view but still illuminates the area around it. Anybody else think that its odd?

#6570 5 years ago

For that ramp I would have just used a little bit of Mylar if it’s getting hung up. Would blend in better.

I did put some Mylar on the skill shot cliffy as a ball kept getting hung up on it.

#6571 5 years ago
Quoted from koops:

For that ramp I would have just used a little bit of Mylar if it’s getting hung up. Would blend in better.
I did put some Mylar on the skill shot cliffy as a ball kept getting hung up on it.

Ok, I might try some mylar on the cliffy to keep it taped down.

Someone else tried some mylar on the ramp but it wouldn't "build up" since its not thick like electrical tape.

#6572 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Someone else tried some mylar on the ramp but it wouldn't "build up" since its not thick like electrical tape.

If you tape down the Cliffy with mylar, it will just bubble up and look like turds. I'd just leave it. It won't hurt anything. If you must fix it, take out the cliffy and gently bend it back straight.

#6573 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you tape down the Cliffy with mylar, it will just bubble up and look like turds. I'd just leave it. It won't hurt anything. If you must fix it, take out the cliffy and gently bend it back straight.

Yeah....you are right...

20181218_213728 (resized).jpg20181218_213728 (resized).jpg

The mylar isn't strong enough, at least for this corner, though...it did help on the other corner and the sim card sim. I don't expect it to last long though. I played a few games though afterwards and I do think it helped so I think the cliffy being bent up does cause rejects that otherwise shouldnt' happen. I may just have to bite the bullet and uninstall/bend/reinstall. I probably should keep some mylar in front of the scoop though to prevent wear from the upkick.

#6574 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I would like to go back to v1.57.
Does anyone know of a download link for v1.50 Full?

I checked archive.org and the old 1.50 link points to http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

It looks like that link is still valid.

#6575 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

yes, Yes, YES! Installed some electrical tape in layers, making a "tape ramp", and...so far very successful. I can throw the ball manually up the orbit with as much speed as I want and its not hitting the left orbit exit ramp/getting returned.
[quoted image]
I went ahead and took off the Velcro strip on the side wall. It was slowing down other shots up the orbit, and it was also shedding Velcro loops. After removal, I retested the orbit manually and I could still throw it with tons of speed no issue, so I think the real fix is the tape ramp. Thanks again! My right ramp is fixed. Now I just wish the left orbit didn't need as much speed as it does to fully complete the orbit and act like a true orbit. I could increase right flipper power but its already plenty for the left ramp and every other shot...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Anything to be concerned about? I would rather not put tape here since its much more visible. Though...the only way I could think to fix it, I would have to remove the cliffy, rebend, and reinstall. Which I can do...though it would take a while...
Also...for the SIM card shot...I believe I read months ago of someone adding washers underneath the sim card scoop because they thought it was too low. Is this still a thing? Is everyone adding washers?
[quoted image]
Its the only lamp on the PF that is completely exposed. I know its frosted but its still a bit of an eyesore. Is it to light up faces for the camera? I might put a piece of electrical tape on the plastic above it so it blocks it from eye view but still illuminates the area around it. Anybody else think that its odd?

Glad it worked! My phone scoop cliffy was curving up as well (tried a couple). Since I had no damage to the scoop, I switched to a Mantis style protector (https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/).

I have the LE, and the ramp has a lot of exposed lamps (though they aren't white). Now that you've pointed it out, it *is* odd/annoying"

snaroff

#6576 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I only meant I used mylar on the skillshot cliffy. This was because even when it is flush there is a sharp point that a ball can get hung up on. As you found the phone cliffy has too much strength in it.

As for the thickness, fair enough. Hadn’t had a good enough look at the ramp at what else could help there.

#6577 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I checked archive.org and the old 1.50 link points to http://159.203.76.48/di/DialedIn-v1.50.iso

Thank you! As much as I want to be on the most recent code, it's hard to see the animations at the lower framerate. I really like the "pearl" colored light show on the new code as well as some new sounds, but that animations part of it makes me want to revert back.

#6578 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Glad it worked! My phone scoop cliffy was curving up as well (tried a couple). Since I had no damage to the scoop, I switched to a Mantis style protector (https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/).
I have the LE, and the ramp has a lot of exposed lamps (though they aren't white). Now that you've pointed it out, it *is* odd/annoying"
snaroff

Ok, so a $20 fix isn't that bad. With the mantis, you just have mylar protecting the rest of the wood around the scoop?

#6579 5 years ago

Is the full manual including the making of section available for download somewhere? I only found the manual without the making of...

#6580 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

YOU'RE INCREDIBLE!

#6581 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, so a $20 fix isn't that bad. With the mantis, you just have mylar protecting the rest of the wood around the scoop?

$20 is downright cheap if you consider the cost of most "mods". No mylar on mine...scoop has 0 damage.

snaroff

#6582 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

why? you'll just have to go to 1.60 then. and then do another install to 1.6x.

Not necessarily true. If there are additional changes to the OS, it may require another full install that wouldn’t need 1.60 installed first.

For Hobbit, they came out with 3.00 which included the same OS updates to support new motherboards. It introduced a few glitches and they will be fixed in 3.10 which will be another full install. Likely due to some changes at OS level.

#6583 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I have reinstalled all my cliffies for that reason. Slight bending definitely helps. I also use washers on top of the holes in the cliffies (beneath posts) to maximize the area on which I’m applying force.

#6584 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Agree ... to me it is the only lighting flaw on an LE. I thought about covering it but was hoping for a mod that I could add to the screw right above it to deflect that light from the players eyes. I haven't found one yet, so I might have to apply some electrical tape like you said.

#6585 5 years ago

I cut thin strips of double sided tape and stuck the cliffies down when I installed them, they've never raised.

#6586 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

To confirm, I can still download 1.57 without having to go to 1.60?

#6587 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

To confirm, I can still download 1.57 without having to go to 1.60?

yep as long as you are 1.50 or higher

#6588 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

$20 is downright cheap if you consider the cost of most "mods". No mylar on mine...scoop has 0 damage.
snaroff

Same here. I tried bending the cliffy and that only made it worse. The Mantis protector is the way to go!

#6589 5 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Not necessarily true. If there are additional changes to the OS, it may require another full install that wouldn’t need 1.60 installed first.
For Hobbit, they came out with 3.00 which included the same OS updates to support new motherboards. It introduced a few glitches and they will be fixed in 3.10 which will be another full install. Likely due to some changes at OS level.

sure it could be another full release but the likely hood would be that its simply a delta.

#6590 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

sure it could be another full release but the likely hood would be that its simply a delta.

3.10 will be a full install, not a delta.

LTG : )

#6591 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

3.10 will be a full install, not a delta.

That’s Hobbit

#6592 5 years ago

That it is. And I saw the number reference in Insanity199's post Marvin quoted.

#6593 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

How easy is the install on the Mantis phone protector? My Cliffy is also curled up and causes a ton of airballs on missed phone shots, so if the Mantis version is effective and not a terrible install I will give it a try.

I removed the Cliffy on the skill shot as it was preventing the ball from depressing the switch a lot of the time. It's been much better since removing the protector.

#6594 5 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

How easy is the install on the Mantis phone protector? My Cliffy is also curled up and causes a ton of airballs on missed phone shots, so if the Mantis version is effective and not a terrible install I will give it a try.
I removed the Cliffy on the skill shot as it was preventing the ball from depressing the switch a lot of the time. It's been much better since removing the protector.

Installation is done underneath the PF. Remove the scoop (which is a little tricky given all the wires), position/fasten Mantis protector, reinstall scoop. Not hard, but you need to go slow with the scoop removal. Installing the Cliffy was a bit more complex, but mostly above the PF IIRC.

snaroff

#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That it is. And I saw the number reference in Insanity199's post Marvin quoted.

Oh! Sorry

#6596 5 years ago
Quoted from shiffdog:

How easy is the install on the Mantis phone protector?

The physical act of doing it not hard at all. Very simple removing some screws etc.

Strangely I was unable to put one on my machine for a reason unknown to anyone involved. It was true to spec but sat super high on my PF...really weird. Think I might have been the only person to have this issue at the time so whom knows.

#6597 5 years ago

I reverted back to v1.57 and there's a marked improvement in performance between this version and v1.60. Hopefully the software team can find the fixes!

#6598 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I reverted back to v1.57 and there's a marked improvement in performance between this version and v1.60. Hopefully the software team can find the fixes!

I'm back, too. Thanks again, DeeGor.

Much better.

#6599 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Installation is done underneath the PF. Remove the scoop (which is a little tricky given all the wires), position/fasten Mantis protector, reinstall scoop. Not hard, but you need to go slow with the scoop removal. Installing the Cliffy was a bit more complex, but mostly above the PF IIRC.
snaroff

It occurs to me now that the biggest pain of installing the Mantis will probably be uninstalling the Cliffy!

#6600 5 years ago

Does anyone know where you can test the drones in the menu?..thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/132?hl=gogdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.