IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 273.
#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

on factory setting, how is the outpost/right outlane position ? i suppose at the middle ?
on mine its close at max (previous owner), and i want to play as evbd else
tanx

Yes, middle.

#6502 5 years ago

What are people using for headphones? I have some old shitty ear buds that work well but I want some quality headphones. Just went through 3 brand new pairs today. All sounded like shit. Completely muffled and static. Put my $5 ear buds back in and they sound great.
I want headphones so other people can use them too. Just tried 3 different ones ($100) range. Surprised how bad they all sounded.

#6503 5 years ago

tanx

#6504 5 years ago

So I guess 1.60 was released on the 12th?? Not sure how I missed this. I haven’t read any posts about it here. I’ve been running 1.57 for a month now and loving it.

JJP website says..
“==============================================================================
== Version 1.60 December 12, 2018 ==
== 1.60 ISO image MD5 checksum: 69e5af7d43af7f8455ca048c40584af8 ==
==============================================================================

- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code

* Fixed ability to cancel Disaster Mode intro phone call by hitting both flippers
* Fixed occasional game reboot when multiple high score champ entries made
* Fixed trap door updater to close door when awards are not available
* Adjusted usage of drones
* Polished up some lamp, speech, and music choreography
* Fixed airplane banner and UFO animations

=== Core Code

* Fixed UK pricing presets

=== OS

* Support for newer motherboards”

I’m curious about the drone adjustments. Awesome!

Junky

#6505 5 years ago

O wow ...surprise........

#6507 5 years ago

Awesome! Downloading it now.

#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Where to bend exactly? It's only slightly rubbing on the upper corner of the phone when moving the glass, nothing big.
And the yellow flash of QED is also very slightly touching the glass when moved to the right position (yellow flash bends back a little bit when reaching that position). Like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm60oszi19dbsiy/DIShield.mov?dl=0
Checked the playfield underneath but it's correctly in the support rails, slope is also correct (bubble at the second marker). Weird.

If both are touching, your PF is too high. Pull the brackets off the machine, put them in a vice (protected for scratching) and bend the hooks up about 4mm. Reinstall and enjoy your game. If the phone is still touching, you should be able to just grab the phone and gently adjust it downward. I've done the phone adjustment myself, but I udjusted mine upward.

#6509 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So I guess 1.60 was released on the 12th?? Not sure how I missed this. I haven’t read any posts about it here. I’ve been running 1.57 for a month now and loving it.
JJP website says..
“==============================================================================
== Version 1.60 December 12, 2018 ==
== 1.60 ISO image MD5 checksum: 69e5af7d43af7f8455ca048c40584af8 ==
==============================================================================
- NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release
=== Game Code
* Fixed ability to cancel Disaster Mode intro phone call by hitting both flippers
* Fixed occasional game reboot when multiple high score champ entries made
* Fixed trap door updater to close door when awards are not available
* Adjusted usage of drones
* Polished up some lamp, speech, and music choreography
* Fixed airplane banner and UFO animations
=== Core Code
* Fixed UK pricing presets
=== OS
* Support for newer motherboards”
I’m curious about the drone adjustments. Awesome!
Junky

Interesting. I wonder why this is a full game install instead of a delta upgrade.

#6510 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

So I guess 1.60 was released on the 12th??

well, quite simple, this is a fresh file available, as 2 days ago i've dowloaded last version for my just arrived DI, and it was 1.57, no 1.60 on that page

#6511 5 years ago

With 1.60 you can disable disaster mode intro with flippers. Can we disable this new ability in the settings ?
This sounds fool, but I want (and my children too) to see animations.

#6512 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What are people using for headphones? I have some old shitty ear buds that work well but I want some quality headphones. Just went through 3 brand new pairs today. All sounded like shit. Completely muffled and static. Put my $5 ear buds back in and they sound great.
I want headphones so other people can use them too. Just tried 3 different ones ($100) range. Surprised how bad they all sounded.

Grado sr80

#6513 5 years ago

Installed the new code (v1.60) and played a few games. I noticed some animations on each of the three screens were choppy, and the theater animation has a line on the far right side "out" (not an image but a line of color). Anyone else see this?

#6514 5 years ago

I finally found a way to make this game a rock-solid player. I took the post rubbers off on either side of the sim hole and replaced them with ones I ground down on my grinder. They widen the shot by about 5mm, which makes a HUGE difference. Now I can turn sim memory off. The shot is still very difficult, but the bounce rejects are cut in half, and roll ins have increased by about 20%. I checked with a ball, and you could go more, but I think 5mm feels right.
IMG_20181216_155155 (resized).jpgIMG_20181216_155155 (resized).jpg

#6515 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Interesting. I wonder why this is a full game install instead of a delta upgrade.

I believe the “support for new motherboards” includes drivers which are installed in the OS and not just the game code - and which requires a full install.

#6516 5 years ago

Any other ideas? So I tried some Velcro tape on the ball trail for the right ramp, but on fast shots it bounces back quite often.

20181216_161345 (resized).jpg20181216_161345 (resized).jpg

In this pic, you can see a vertical "ball trail" on the left of the left orbit exit ->

20181216_161427 (resized).jpg20181216_161427 (resized).jpg

Which tells me that the ball is getting airborne from the ramp leading up to it. The metal flap in front of the front is ever so slightly raised a bit, which could be a problem though I don't know how to make flush since its riveted into the ramp...

#6517 5 years ago

New LE owner here. 2 questions. Are you using stock flipper strength? Mine feel a little weak. It's a HUO games bought less than a year ago, shouldn't need a rebuild yet.

2nd, is this a broken post or is something missing?

2018-12-16 19.20.39 (resized).jpg2018-12-16 19.20.39 (resized).jpg
#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Any other ideas? So I tried some Velcro tape on the ball trail for the right ramp, but on fast shots it bounces back quite often.
[quoted image]
In this pic, you can see a vertical "ball trail" on the left of the left orbit exit ->
[quoted image]
Which tells me that the ball is getting airborne from the ramp leading up to it. The metal flap in front of the front is ever so slightly raised a bit, which could be a problem though I don't know how to make flush since its riveted into the ramp...

Try lowering the power on the left flipper slightly.

#6519 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Metal post, no sleeve.

LTG : )

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

New LE owner here. 2 questions. Are you using stock flipper strength? Mine feel a little weak. It's a HUO games bought less than a year ago, shouldn't need a rebuild yet.
[quoted image]

JJP flipper strength varies a lot from home to home. It even varies throughout the year as air conditioning takes away power. The flipper strength, like the strength of all coils in the game, is very adjustable. Don’t hesitate to bump it up to a level that suits you. I often readjust a few times each year.

#6521 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Metal post, no sleeve.

Just to make sure we are talking about the same spot, there is an empty female thread on the bottom left corner of the "Hurry Up" insert. This is between the outlane and the left inlane. I just checked the manual and I only see the post directly under it.

#6522 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Just to make sure we are talking about the same spot, there is an empty female thread on the bottom left corner of the "Hurry Up" insert. This is between the outlane and the left inlane. I just checked the manual and I only see the post directly under it.

That hole. You can move the post near it to that spot to change the ball drain, if you want.

#6523 5 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

It's called the pussy hole. If you want to be a pussy, move the post to the pussy hole.

#6524 5 years ago

Any news on 1.60..... ? I heard ted saying he was going to add something at 1.57 update

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Any news on 1.60..... ?

You mean the one available for download from jerseyjackpinball.com under Support - Downloads. Change log is there too. Along with full instructions.

#6526 5 years ago

I'll check those out. Anyone else have issues with headphones? Odd that my carp earbuds sound great but the headphones have all been terrible. Could it be an issue with my game?

#6527 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Try lowering the power on the left flipper slightly.

Yeah, unfortunately I already have done that (to make things like the theater shot easier). Hopefully there is some other thing I can try before I resign to just accept fast right ramp shots have a high possibility of backfiring.

#6528 5 years ago

Also...got the crazy bob thingverse holder installed today! Big thanks to a local friend for 3d printing it for me ->

20181216_152159 (resized).jpg20181216_152159 (resized).jpg

Only thing I needed to do was drill a hole on the bottom for the screw. I'll still need to go to Ace and pick up a slightly longer screw, though the original can hold it but its just half threaded into the nut.

I also needed to Dremel out the hole for the LED cables. I'll use double sided tape near the bottom to make sure it doesn't move from its position. If I ever see a ball catch at the top I'll just add a tiny bit of foam to prevent it from happening again.

20181216_152132 (resized).jpg20181216_152132 (resized).jpg

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, unfortunately I already have done that (to make things like the theater shot easier). Hopefully there is some other thing I can try before I resign to just accept fast right ramp shots have a high possibility of backfiring.

Hmmm. Maybe a longer strip of Velcro tape. The trick is to slow it down enough so it doesn’t jump or bounce back.

#6530 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hmmm. Maybe a longer strip of Velcro tape. The trick is to slow it down enough so it doesn’t jump or bounce back.

Wouldn't that also negatively affect every other shot too like slower shots now not making it because it slows down too much, or the auto plunger now not making it, etc?

#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Wouldn't that also negatively affect every other shot too like slower shots now not making it because it slows down too much, or the auto plunger now not making it, etc?

I think it is a balance. You want to find the sweet spot between slowing down the really hard shots and not the others. Also, the auto plunge strength can be adjusted to compensate.

#6532 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Maybe the modcouple could make some sort of plastic cover that could go over the ramp flap to stop the ball from going airborne.

#6533 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If both are touching, your PF is too high. Pull the brackets off the machine, put them in a vice (protected for scratching) and bend the hooks up about 4mm. Reinstall and enjoy your game. If the phone is still touching, you should be able to just grab the phone and gently adjust it downward. I've done the phone adjustment myself, but I udjusted mine upward.

You mean the two rails at the left and right of the cabinet on which the playfield rests? Or the ones on the playfield? I do not fully understand - do you have a photo or simple drawing what to do?

On the other side I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to shorten the flash a little bit and bend the phone a little bit downwards (but apart from that the phone is really no big problem as it is only rubbing slightly one the glass when removing it).

#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Maybe the modcouple could make some sort of plastic cover that could go over the ramp flap to stop the ball from going airborne.

that would block the ball coming around the jump from the left orbit

#6535 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Here's my analysis/solution...has been working great for nearly 1-year now

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-right-orbitramp-ball-rejects

snaroff

#6536 5 years ago

I updated to v1.60 this morning, and I'm seeing new issues.

I've never had problems with my drones before, but now they're mainly just off. Every 3-4 hits to the drones area, and the top drone will spin about one revolution slowly. The other two drones do not work at all. Again, they were fully operational before the update.

The other thing I've found was the main display's animations are kind of choppy. It feels like a lower frame rate.

Any one else experience these issues?

#6537 5 years ago

I don't think I will be updating until bugs are ironed out.

#6538 5 years ago

Is there still a source for the v1.50 full install somewhere? I want to revert back.

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I don't think I will be updating until bugs are ironed out.

Ditto staying at 1.57 until refinement has been achieved. v1.57 has been awesome and I'm content with it

#6540 5 years ago

1.6 looks good to me (no choppy animations). The readme says "Adjusted usage of drones", but I can't say I noticed any big change.

The only difference I've noticed (in 2 games played) is more drains from the The Quantum Theatre magnet...probably the result of losing some tweaks to the default settings.

The change log for 1.6 is really short, so it's unlikely there is much to freak out over. I have to imagine any 1.6 bugs will be squashed in a minor update, so doing a 1.6 full install seems like a requirement at some point.

snaroff

#6541 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I updated to v1.60 this morning, and I'm seeing new issues.
I've never had problems with my drones before, but now they're mainly just off. Every 3-4 hits to the drones area, and the top drone will spin about one revolution slowly. The other two drones do not work at all. Again, they were fully operational before the update.
The other thing I've found was the main display's animations are kind of choppy. It feels like a lower frame rate.
Any one else experience these issues?

I posted the issue with the animations a few posts back but no one in this club responded. I'm seeing this also.

#6542 5 years ago

Same bug for me with the last right line on the theatre screen.

#6543 5 years ago

I’ve played about 20 games on 1.60 and thought I would chime in with my thoughts.
If you’re hesitant about updating, don’t be. It’s fantastic.

-I see no issues with any animations.
-Transitions during gameplay seem somewhat smoother to me.
-The drone propellers seem to be spinning less frequently than before during a game but they work fine during test mode. I’m assuming this was changed to try to stop the little motors from burning out because SO MANY people have had to replace them. I’m on my third set now myself.
-I had to adjust the value of the theater magnet timing to make it throw correctly. I’m at -150 now.
-When you have qualified but not collected more than one SIM card you will see the correct amount of flashing DIALED IN letters. Before only one letter would flash at a time. I like this change.
-When you flip to cancel the beginning of multiball you will still hear “now you’re dialed in” and see the white LEDs flash. I like this too.
-I think some new disaster mode animations and audio were added. I’ve seen a few new ones.

On a completely unrelated side note, I noticed in the settings that you can adjust how aggressive you want the magnet behavior during multiball. I’m sure it was there before but I didn’t see it. The default is EASY. I changed mine to DIFFICULT and I love it! It makes the magnets A LOT more active during MB. Awesome!

This A+ pin keeps getting better.

#6544 5 years ago

I may have to try to redownload the file and try a new install...

#6545 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here's my analysis/solution...has been working great for nearly 1-year now
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-right-orbitramp-ball-rejects
snaroff

I like it! Two questions:

1. Any reason why I would need to buy the vinyl electrical tape vs just normal black electrical tape? Is the vinyl stickier, or thicker or ?

2. A bit hard to tell from your pics on your other thread...but do you have some tape actually on the metal flap or is it entirely just in front of the flap?

#6546 5 years ago

Has anyone’s phone gone to a white static? It doesn’t happen when the game is just on, but it happens during game play. The only way to fix it has been to power off and on.

#6547 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

You mean the two rails at the left and right of the cabinet on which the playfield rests? Or the ones on the playfield? I do not fully understand - do you have a photo or simple drawing what to do?
On the other side I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to shorten the flash a little bit and bend the phone a little bit downwards (but apart from that the phone is really no big problem as it is only rubbing slightly one the glass when removing it).

I mean the two brackets (hooks) that hold the pf to the lockdown bar bracket. Pull the pf up on its supports, take the screws out and bend them in a vice. Screw them back on and yer done. I would bend them at the corner of the L so that the hook is about 4mm higher. I'm pretty sure W/B have a slot instead of a hole on the brackets so that you can adjust them. Maybe I'm remembering wrong though. I've put some bad things in my brains over the years.

#6548 5 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I like it! Two questions:
1. Any reason why I would need to buy the vinyl electrical tape vs just normal black electrical tape? Is the vinyl stickier, or thicker or ?
2. A bit hard to tell from your pics on your other thread...but do you have some tape actually on the metal flap or is it entirely just in front of the flap?

I happen to have vinyl/blue around and it seemed to do the trick. Color doesn't matter, but whatever tape you use should be on the thicker side and slick/smooth (i.e. no texture).

There is no tape on the metal flap...just in front of the flap. The idea is to make a smoother transition so the ball doesn't "skip" on the thick flap. JJP seems to like thick flaps, but they cause problems like this. The "best" solution is to remove the thick flap and install a thin flap. Unfortunately, that would involve more surgery to the ramp and access to a riveting tool (which I don't stock).

Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

snaroff

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I'll check those out. Anyone else have issues with headphones? Odd that my carp earbuds sound great but the headphones have all been terrible. Could it be an issue with my game?

Just.tried my 5th set of headphones. I got zero sound put of them. Plug in ear buds and it's perfect. Am I missing something? I can't figure out why I get none or shitty muffled sound when I use headphones.

Edit: just returned the latest $180 pair and bought the cheapest ones they had. $29. Works fine. Not the best sounding but they work. Would still like to get a nicer set to work. Arrrgggg

#6550 5 years ago

Redownloaded and reinstalled V1.60 and there's definitely reduced framerate/slow down of animations. Just seems as if the system cant process the information fast enough, like when you have an old computer. Hope they fix this soon, or reupload v1.50 so that we can get back to v1.57 until they put out a smoother code.

If anyone has v1.50, I would appreciate a link!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.