IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 273.
#6451 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How does the upper playfield help when you need to lock balls?

On mine, if I hit the left ramp with decent speed it will bounce off the rubber, fall off the back and land in the skill shot. Which then feeds the upper flipper for a relatively easy shot on the side ramp.

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I'm thinking of just removing the upper playfield and have the pinball drop always into the popbumpers. Any thoughts ?

Heck no!

#6453 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It sounds like the leaf switch by the rubber in the Drone area on the right is touching and needs to be bent back out and adjusted. I think that will fix it.

Is this fix done from top side of playfield or is it best to lift playfield and get to it from the underside.Just curious what exactly does this switch do?

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is this fix done from top side of playfield

If you can adjust a leaf blade switch, this.

Quoted from romulusx:

lift playfield and get to it from the underside.

Remove two screws and drop the target down to do this.

LTG : )

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you can adjust a leaf blade switch, this.

Remove two screws and drop the target down to do this.

Thank you

#6456 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

My Theater screen has a blue tinge (see pics). I just updated to the beta code but not sure if it happened after this or not, i just noticed it for the first time after updating. Any thoughts on what could be up?[quoted image][quoted image]

So I replaced the ribbon cable (which had a wire loose) but my Theater screen is still blue...what else is there to do?

6F4ECA0E-6C15-4D9C-8869-1D4EDDB9C230 (resized).jpeg6F4ECA0E-6C15-4D9C-8869-1D4EDDB9C230 (resized).jpeg8A339919-E49A-4556-BCED-ABCE828E8825 (resized).jpeg8A339919-E49A-4556-BCED-ABCE828E8825 (resized).jpegC8846C58-FDAE-4D83-89E7-9EAADDDA2842 (resized).jpegC8846C58-FDAE-4D83-89E7-9EAADDDA2842 (resized).jpeg
#6457 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

So I replaced the ribbon cable (which had a wire loose) but my Theater screen is still blue...what else is there to do?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Contact JJP

#6458 5 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

what else is there to do?

At the motherboard in the head. Swap phone and theater ribbon cables. If the theater with phone image is blue, you know the problem is with the LCD in the theater. If theater image on phone is blue, then an issue with cable or motherboard.

#6459 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

On mine, if I hit the left ramp with decent speed it will bounce off the rubber, fall off the back and land in the skill shot. Which then feeds the upper flipper for a relatively easy shot on the side ramp.

Yep... i love when it happens

#6460 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At the motherboard in the head. Swap phone and theater ribbon cables. If the theater with phone image is blue, you know the problem is with the LCD in the theater. If theater image on phone is blue, then an issue with cable or motherboard.

Theater stays blue

FED37008-F723-4A5B-8F3F-74AE76DEEA3F (resized).jpegFED37008-F723-4A5B-8F3F-74AE76DEEA3F (resized).jpeg
#6461 5 years ago

3 days to go... (let's cross fingers vs unwanted bad karma ! lol)

#6462 5 years ago

In dark surrounding the pictures taken are sometimes very bad quality on my LE. How is your experience with the flasher on the SE? Is it possible to add a flasher to LE as well?

#6463 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

2 remaining

#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

In dark surrounding the pictures taken are sometimes very bad quality on my LE. How is your experience with the flasher on the SE? Is it possible to add a flasher to LE as well?

I don't know if you can add it but it works really well in the dark on my standard. My only lighting problem is there is a window behind where the player stands and if a lot of light is coming through it photo quality is often poor. Low light is better for mine.

#6465 5 years ago

To all of us Dialed In owners: please head over to the link below and vote for Dialed In versus B66. Fun voting for which code/game is better. As good as Batman 66 is, Dialed In should win this contest by a country mile. I own and like both tables, but Dialed In edges out B66 with tons of toys and play field shots to make for smooth buttery game play. Dialed In is hands down better than B66 clunky back of the table shot selection. With front SDTM danger shots to start with. B66 theme integration is the best of any Stern table, but Dialed In - “Get Smart” type theme integration is on par with B66 too (Max used a (shoe) phone as a tool too, to deal with disasters, against Kaos - Control vs. Kaos). Both have campy humor galore.

Batman: Robin, Let’s clunk past the left orbit to get the batmoblie to clunk clunk (silver ball) out of the bat cave.
Robin: Holy clunking Batman!

Voting polls can be such fun, but don’t really prove anything. It’s a matter of taste after all. Some perfer fast arcade style tournament ready tables and others like deep varying home play style tables.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-v10-vs-dialed-in-v157/page/2#post-4732004
4CF85029-E4B2-4EC5-AC77-A8456922F173 (resized).jpeg4CF85029-E4B2-4EC5-AC77-A8456922F173 (resized).jpeg

#6466 5 years ago

Jus played a few games. New code is phenomenal.

#6467 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

#6468 5 years ago

Sim Shot - now that the game has been out for some time what are the best ways to get that shot to go in? Curious what others are doing besides me (which is lowering the glass and flicking the ball in with my hand!)...

#6469 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Sim Shot - now that the game has been out for some time what are the best ways to get that shot to go in? Curious what others are doing besides me (which is lowering the glass and flicking the ball in with my hand!)...

For me, banking it off the drone bumpers.

#6470 5 years ago

For me it is really the upper right flipper. 3 out of 10 times I make it. So playing left orbit or theater and using the upper right flipper... I had the feeling, 50% will be possible, if I continue training, but 3 out of 10 already feels great - and took only 9 month of training...

#6471 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

For me it is really the upper right flipper. 3 out of 10 times I make it. So playing left orbit or theater and using the upper right flipper... I had the feeling, 50% will be possible, if I continue training, but 3 out of 10 already feels great - and took only 9 month of training...

yes but HOW do you achieve success off that right flipper? How long are you waiting, timing, etc....? I feel like i need to get better at hitting from the right flipper. I removed the top rubber near the SIM shot but not sure that really helped.

#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yes but HOW do you achieve success off that right flipper? How long are you waiting, timing, etc....? I feel like i need to get better at hitting from the right flipper. I removed the top rubber near the SIM shot but not sure that really helped.

I've tried to get a good feel for the side ramp, which is much easier to hit. Once you can consistently hit the side ramp, then I delay it just a tad to try to get the Sim hole. Works maybe 25% of the time lol.

I've also tried to hit the left "tic" target to get the random bounce-in and also multiball for the random bounce-in.

Also no cliffy.

#6473 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've tried to get a good feel for the side ramp, which is much easier to hit. Once you can consistently hit the side ramp, then I delay it just a tad to try to get the Sim hole. Works maybe 25% of the time lol.
I've also tried to hit the left "tic" target to get the random bounce-in and also multiball for the random bounce-in.
Also no cliffy.

After focusing on ramp shot,I started focusing on Big Bang and then bank shot Sim while in multiball

#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I am curious...do you have a protector on your SIM hole?

#6475 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've lowered the rubber to the playfield on that post above the hole. I've also replaced the Cliffy with mylar.

Between those changes and the new feature of being able to collect SIM cards during multi ball, I may turn off the SIM card save feature.

#6476 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I've lowered the rubber to the playfield on that post above the hole. I've also replaced the Cliffy with mylar.
Between those changes and the new feature of being able to collect SIM cards during multi ball, I may turn off the SIM card save feature.

Play as intended and turn it off!

#6477 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

You can collect SIM cards during multiball on the original software.

However, maybe you mean in Chaos City Multiball for example? I haven't downloaded the new software yet, so I'm unfamiliar with the new options.

#6478 5 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

You can collect SIM cards during multiball on the original software.
However, maybe you mean in Chaos City Multiball for example? I haven't downloaded the new software yet, so I'm unfamiliar with the new options.

You couldn't collect SIM cards during CIQC multiball in the older version (1.50?)

In current V1.57, you should not be able to collect them in CIQC, UA, and the new Quantum theater multiball.

YOU NEED TO DL THE CODE NOW!

#6479 5 years ago

for those that got a drone replacement, how did that work? I contacted JJP support but no luck in response. One of mine stopped working...

#6480 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for those that got a droin replacement, how did that work? I contacted JJP support but no luck in response. One of mine stopped working...

I heard from Steve at JJP a few weeks back that they are holding off on replacing the Drones until the supplier comes up with a more reliable solution.
I replaced a drone and it already stopped working after about a week or so (every once it a while it will spin). I have another replacement that I haven’t put in yet as I am waiting to get all three replaced.

#6481 5 years ago

Yup.....too much time.
I used a taxidermy wolf eye, it looks right thru you.

FCF45848-613E-4BE7-ACF4-23AB097E7E0E (resized).jpegFCF45848-613E-4BE7-ACF4-23AB097E7E0E (resized).jpegFBE0CCEE-F6EF-400F-9B34-6DA5C809E681 (resized).jpegFBE0CCEE-F6EF-400F-9B34-6DA5C809E681 (resized).jpeg
#6482 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

for those that got a drone replacement, how did that work? I contacted JJP support but no luck in response. One of mine stopped working...

If you don’t get a response for a few days, call them and reference your request.

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Call again. They’ve been very good about replacing drones. Unfortunately I’m on my third set now. I’m assuming these will fail too and the next set will be the updated versions.

#6484 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Call again. They’ve been very good about replacing drones. Unfortunately I’m on my third set now. I’m assuming these will fail too and the next set will be the updated versions.

Thanks guys I'll just call...

#6485 5 years ago

Never had so much bad luck with a pin

689E6EB3-3149-47F5-83C9-B9BC7366A699 (resized).jpeg689E6EB3-3149-47F5-83C9-B9BC7366A699 (resized).jpeg
#6486 5 years ago

That looks like the 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle I once attempted...

#6487 5 years ago

The non-working drone issue on my DI was the result of cold/bad solder joints. With the playfield glass off, go into test mode and run each drone separately for each test. If you push on the top of the drone body and the drone works, it is a solder joint issue. To fix this, you need to remove the drone from the playfield, disassemble it, and resolder the joint. It is much like the stern ball trough opto solder issue.

I desoldered mine, reflowed with leaded solder, and the problem has never recurred.

#6488 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and BOOM !!! oups no, its another topic...
well than TWD is gone (only because after 1 year we surelly have played it more than enough, this one remain for sure in the best STERN pins)
and DI LE 231 is in the house (well, for now in the garage, will have to check how to remove the backbox because this one is larger but mainly very heavy to climb my stairs)

DI (resized).jpgDI (resized).jpg

#6489 5 years ago

To which position to adjust the flippers the best? Mine are a little bit upwards and not parallel to the return lanes, orbit shots are much more difficult. And how to adjust the best as there are no adjustment holes in the playfield.

#6490 5 years ago

Extremely frustrating this game. Sim-memory is getting on.

#6491 5 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Never had so much bad luck with a pin [quoted image]

What happened?

#6492 5 years ago
Quoted from KellerDj:

Just an FYI on the drones just got a note from JJP stating the following: "We are currently experiencing a high volume of drone motors failing, we are currently working on trying to solve this problem, that being said, these drones being sent may or may not later down the line, fail again unfortunately."

I know this is an old post but I wonder if they are using brushed motors instead of brushless. Brushed fail a lot quicker.

#6493 5 years ago

On my machine the upper corner of the phone is slightly touching the glas when pulling out. Only slightly, it's like a rubber moving over a glass surface. If I slightly lift the glass from behind it is not touching it. Is it really mounted that close?

#6494 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What I do is once you get the upper ramp shot down what you do is flip the ball into the thearter with the right flipper then aim for the upper ramp lock shot and the ball will go into the SIM card shot. It goes into the SIM card hole 1 out of 3 to 2 out of 3 times for me using this strategie. What is happing is that you have more speed on the ball when you rocket it in the theater with the right flipper.

#6495 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I know this is an old post but I wonder if they are using brushed motors instead of brushless. Brushed fail a lot quicker.

Picture of the replacement motors for the drones:

IMG_2306 (resized).JPGIMG_2306 (resized).JPG
#6496 5 years ago

Removed the backglass to install the new lcd i got from JJP and it slipped out of my hands just above the ground and hit the corner of the glass on the floor.

#6497 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

They should also run them slower. It would be a better effect too.

#6498 5 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

On my machine the upper corner of the phone is slightly touching the glas when pulling out. Only slightly, it's like a rubber moving over a glass surface. If I slightly lift the glass from behind it is not touching it. Is it really mounted that close?

It shouldn’t touch the glass. You should be able to bend the bracket in place. 2 minute fix.

#6499 5 years ago

on factory setting, how is the outpost/right outlane position ? i suppose at the middle ?
on mine its close at max (previous owner), and i want to play as evbd else
tanx

#6500 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It shouldn’t touch the glass. You should be able to bend the bracket in place. 2 minute fix.

Where to bend exactly? It's only slightly rubbing on the upper corner of the phone when moving the glass, nothing big.

And the yellow flash of QED is also very slightly touching the glass when moved to the right position (yellow flash bends back a little bit when reaching that position). Like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rm60oszi19dbsiy/DIShield.mov?dl=0

Checked the playfield underneath but it's correctly in the support rails, slope is also correct (bubble at the second marker). Weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/130?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.